Author Topic: Things you find..weird  (Read 68237 times)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Re: Things you find..weird
« Reply #1480 on: November 21, 2023, 04:55:40 pm »
What’s even weirder is that he has to get a pair with 6 toes on each foot custom made.
Known in the trade as the 'Anne Boleyn'
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1481 on: November 21, 2023, 04:59:36 pm »
Aren't they natural shoes?

Lots of stuff recently about how we evolved walking bare feet and traditional shoes/trainers are a load of shite.  Thick soles and arch support etc. 

Hot sure how true it is......??
Yeah that's theory behind them, esp for running, where all your muscles behave differently to that they were evolved to do while running if you wear normal running shoes/trainers. Supposedly.

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1482 on: November 21, 2023, 05:02:46 pm »
Aren't they natural shoes?

Lots of stuff recently about how we evolved walking bare feet and traditional shoes/trainers are a load of shite.  Thick soles and arch support etc. 

Hot sure how true it is......??

Don’t let Jamie Redknapp hear you say that.

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1483 on: November 30, 2023, 05:04:54 pm »
I've had a cold since last Friday and it's easing off today. Was out and about yesterday and when I got home I got the smell of smoke in my nostrils. You know the smell of smoke from smoky coal fires that you'd smell especially around this time of year? When the weather turns colder and people start lighting fires again. Well that's what I'm smelling. Only there are no fires burning and there is no smell of smoke anywhere. I went outside to check and there's nothing there. I don't smell anything but fresh, clean air outside. But indoors I have this bloody smell in my nostrils! I changed my clothes, had a shower but it's still there. I can smell other  smells but they're real: deodorant, lemons, scented candles, everything! But I still can smell smoky fires.

I looked it up and apparently there is a thing called Phantosmia or Olfactory Hallucinations. One of the causes is common colds. And it's supposed to leave once I recover. It's a really weird sensation and a not very nice one either. Just wondering if anyone of you have heard of it before.
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1484 on: November 30, 2023, 05:13:24 pm »
Pre Christmas cleaning routines.

Bottoming every room, nooks, crannies, behind pictures, under furniture. 

Windows, frames, sills, cupboards and drawers.

Defrosting the freezer, drawers and shelves in the fridge and the oven.

Why??  It's not like we're dirty mother fuckers and all those things aren't done regularly but it's one of those things we stress over getting done before the deccys go up 🤷

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1485 on: November 30, 2023, 05:17:16 pm »
Pre Christmas cleaning routines.

Bottoming every room, nooks, crannies, behind pictures, under furniture. 

Windows, frames, sills, cupboards and drawers.

Defrosting the freezer, drawers and shelves in the fridge and the oven.

Why??  It's not like we're dirty mother fuckers and all those things aren't done regularly but it's one of those things we stress over getting done before the deccys go up 🤷

;D

I've literally just got back in the house 10 minutes ago after doing a dump run and getting rid of the mountain of shite I've sorted over the last 2 days.
I have to rearrange my living room a bit to get the tree up. Both sofas have to move, my computer desk has to move, and because I've to move one of the sofas I also have to move the TV
So doing all that cleaning and scrubbing is absolutely necessary for me.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1486 on: November 30, 2023, 05:31:16 pm »
;D

I've literally just got back in the house 10 minutes ago after doing a dump run and getting rid of the mountain of shite I've sorted over the last 2 days.
I have to rearrange my living room a bit to get the tree up. Both sofas have to move, my computer desk has to move, and because I've to move one of the sofas I also have to move the TV
So doing all that cleaning and scrubbing is absolutely necessary for me.

Yep and as if I've not got enough to do I'm repainting the dining room table and chairs that I refurbished and upholstered 2yrs ago and decided to rearrange the spare bedroom 🤦

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #1487 on: November 30, 2023, 07:00:25 pm »
I've had a cold since last Friday and it's easing off today. Was out and about yesterday and when I got home I got the smell of smoke in my nostrils. You know the smell of smoke from smoky coal fires that you'd smell especially around this time of year? When the weather turns colder and people start lighting fires again. Well that's what I'm smelling. Only there are no fires burning and there is no smell of smoke anywhere. I went outside to check and there's nothing there. I don't smell anything but fresh, clean air outside. But indoors I have this bloody smell in my nostrils! I changed my clothes, had a shower but it's still there. I can smell other  smells but they're real: deodorant, lemons, scented candles, everything! But I still can smell smoky fires.

I looked it up and apparently there is a thing called Phantosmia or Olfactory Hallucinations. One of the causes is common colds. And it's supposed to leave once I recover. It's a really weird sensation and a not very nice one either. Just wondering if anyone of you have heard of it before.

Brother had this when he had COVID - smell of smoke stayed with him for a little bit after the other symptoms cleared.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1488 on: November 30, 2023, 07:05:53 pm »
Brother had this when he had COVID - smell of smoke stayed with him for a little bit after the other symptoms cleared.
Same with me. After I had Covid I had the smell of burnt wood for quite a while.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1489 on: November 30, 2023, 07:23:47 pm »
Same with me. After I had Covid I had the smell of burnt wood for quite a while.

It's horrible isn't it?
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #1490 on: December 1, 2023, 04:09:53 am »
People still talking about Covid .

* Does a Dusty *
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1491 on: December 1, 2023, 08:36:39 am »
People still talking about Covid .

* Does a Dusty *

Not heard that for years ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #1492 on: December 1, 2023, 06:16:12 pm »
Not heard that for years ;D

I've heard it got something to do with Dustin Hoffman. Iam off mate or man then the lads started saying Iam doing a Dustin ' off man then to just doing a dusty . It's all very plausible to me .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1493 on: December 1, 2023, 06:20:42 pm »
I've heard it got something to do with Dustin Hoffman. Iam off mate or man then the lads started saying Iam doing a Dustin ' off man then to just doing a dusty . It's all very plausible to me .

On a similar note a cockney guy i used to work with used to say on a Friday that “I’m doing the Dino”. When we asked him what he meant he said “Dino Zoff/Dino’s off”. Sounded funny at the time anyway!

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1494 on: December 1, 2023, 07:02:21 pm »
I walked past Roadrunner venue in Boston around 11.30 this morning and there were half a dozen teenage girls sat outside,the headline is Stephen Sanchez support is Stephen Day,doors at 7 p.m,not heard of either  of em,could put this in the"things that make you feel old"thread as well!

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #1495 on: December 1, 2023, 07:04:21 pm »
On a similar note a cockney guy i used to work with used to say on a Friday that “I’m doing the Dino”. When we asked him what he meant he said “Dino Zoff/Dino’s off”. Sounded funny at the time anyway!
know a few like that. Used to know a scouse fella and he’d say ‘See you Monday,  mate. I’m going home’

The fucking shite people come out with

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1496 on: December 1, 2023, 07:08:00 pm »
know a few like that. Used to know a scouse fella and he’d say ‘See you Monday,  mate. I’m going home’

The fucking shite people come out with

:D

In fairness, it was a bit…

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #1497 on: December 1, 2023, 09:01:07 pm »

If it was this you'd be sorted .

https://thirdeyewood.com/what-is-palo-santo/

;D

Keeping on the same theme in the late 90's in a pub one of my mates goes ' Thats a bit Paulo Wanchope that lad ' . We all look at him and he goes ' it's on top '  ;D

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1498 on: December 2, 2023, 12:38:28 am »

I had it the first time I had Covid too, fucking horrible it was. Like the smell of an old ashtray and it lingered for weeks after the Covid went. It came back briefly the first time I had a cold after that as well.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1499 on: December 2, 2023, 03:38:53 pm »
On the train and there's lads on the way to a day out in town, long thick coats on but no socks! Just trainers and no socks, wtf. One of them is clearly shivering too. Its zero degrees, wear some socks for fucks sake.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1500 on: December 2, 2023, 03:53:02 pm »
On the train and there's lads on the way to a day out in town, long thick coats on but no socks! Just trainers and no socks, wtf. One of them is clearly shivering too. Its zero degrees, wear some socks for fucks sake.
They're all Rob-lite.

He's still wearing shorts.  :)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1501 on: December 2, 2023, 05:34:57 pm »
quite often on tv you see guys in suits, ties and leather shoes, but no socks.  bloody ridiculous.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1502 on: December 2, 2023, 05:41:44 pm »
Could these sartorial solecists be wearing trainer socks? It's often hard to see them

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1503 on: December 3, 2023, 07:47:50 am »
Could these sartorial solecists be wearing trainer socks? It's often hard to see them

I've seen the same thing Redbyrdz describes and it's also been mentioned to me, it's deffo no socks
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1504 on: December 3, 2023, 07:51:46 am »
This was weird but in a nice, if hits you in the nuts way, last night went to a party, described to me like a wake, to celebrate the life of a woman who isn't dead but will be soon. She's got an inoperable brain tumour, so she wanted to say goodbye to her friends while she is still in a fit state to. She's 74 and she's lived life to the fullest, sad to see her being taken while still got so much living to do
Jurgen YNWA

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1505 on: December 3, 2023, 10:50:17 am »
My neighbours putting out the clothes to dry in these sub-zero temperatures.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1506 on: December 3, 2023, 06:22:35 pm »
My neighbours putting out the clothes to dry in these sub-zero temperatures.

The clothes will freeze on the line, then you can whack em against the wall - the ice shatters - presto, no more water = it's dry!

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1507 on: December 6, 2023, 12:13:30 pm »
Am I the only one who would prefer companies to sort their system glitches out rather than be given some cursory compo after complaining?

Don't companies want to improve their customer service levels?

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1508 on: December 28, 2023, 04:48:10 pm »
My workaholic manager who's supposed to be off until January but is still logging on to check emails. Absolute weirdo.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1509 on: December 29, 2023, 11:42:35 am »

I feel your pain - I get this regularly now and it is not pleasant at all! Mine seems inherently linked with sinus infections and feeling stressed - so pop up all times of the year.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1510 on: December 30, 2023, 12:31:21 am »
When I'm ironing fitted sheets why does it always feel like there's more than four corners 🤷

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1511 on: December 30, 2023, 12:49:31 am »
When I'm ironing fitted sheets why does it always feel like there's more than four corners 🤷

Ironing fitted sheets is weird.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1512 on: December 30, 2023, 01:11:43 am »
Ironing fitted sheets is weird.

True but you can't fold them neatly either so they always look like rags when you get clean ones out 😟

I suppose the way to go is to iron them on the bed 😁

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1513 on: December 30, 2023, 08:57:19 am »
My workaholic manager who's supposed to be off until January but is still logging on to check emails. Absolute weirdo.
Some people's lives revolve around work far more than they'd care to admit. All they talk about as well.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1514 on: December 30, 2023, 09:04:42 am »
Some people's lives revolve around work far more than they'd care to admit. All they talk about as well.

Then one day they walk in, get told theyre redundant and off they pop, never to be seen again
Jurgen YNWA

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1515 on: December 30, 2023, 09:07:27 am »
Modern dancing on things like Instagram, it seems to be one of those things where they will look back in a couple of years and think christ what was I doing

yes im old

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1516 on: December 30, 2023, 02:51:59 pm »
Then one day they walk in, get told theyre redundant and off they pop, never to be seen again
Lady where I work has retired but still manages to come to the office every 6-8 weeks. I'd never do that ;D

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1517 on: December 30, 2023, 04:53:06 pm »
Rodri’s lack of eyebrows.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1518 on: December 30, 2023, 04:57:37 pm »
Lady where I work has retired but still manages to come to the office every 6-8 weeks. I'd never do that ;D
Does she work pt, or drops by to socialize? She either needs the dosh or to be around ppl.  Nowt wrong with either.

You could end up doing it as well.  :)

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #1519 on: December 30, 2023, 05:41:24 pm »
True but you can't fold them neatly either so they always look like rags when you get clean ones out 😟

I suppose the way to go is to iron them on the bed 😁

True they do look scruffy when you get them out but when they are stretched onto the bed the creases largely disappear justifying the decision not to iron them.