Author Topic: The Indomitable Ibou  (Read 273827 times)

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Indomitable Ibou
« Reply #2160 on: October 22, 2023, 10:52:30 am »
Should have been a 2nd cast iron yellow, it's good we cashed in on our refereeing fortune, just like we did at st. James Park not long ago

Good fortune at SJP my hairy arse, that first yellow for Trent was a joke, should have been a foul and yellow against the diving bowlcut.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 12:44:40 pm by GreatEx »

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2161 on: October 22, 2023, 11:00:21 am »
The two challenges were totally different.

The first was a clear yellow (also unnecessary if we’re honest). The second one he gets rolled but isn’t making a clear foul. Beto earned the free kick but he wasn’t being pulled and Ibou didn’t stick a leg in. Obviously the pundits talking nonsense.

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
« Reply #2162 on: October 22, 2023, 11:03:23 am »

The first was a clear yellow (also unnecessary if we’re honest). The second one he gets rolled but isn’t making a clear foul. Beto earned the free kick but he wasn’t being pulled and Ibou didn’t stick a leg in. Obviously the pundits talking nonsense.
exactly, a yellow for that challenge would have been a farce
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Gladbach73

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2163 on: October 22, 2023, 03:20:12 pm »

That’s how I saw it too. The images show two straight legs of Ibou, neither in a “trip mode” Beto rolls him but see the ball hurtling towards Virg, and goes for a foul. Shock horror, Ev players surround the ref (which I thought was frowned upon without recourse?).
"If Everton were playing in my back garden, I'd close the curtains"

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2164 on: October 22, 2023, 03:30:52 pm »
It really feels like there is a desperation to show that things were “evened out“ in this game in order to invalidate past grievances. That foul by Ibou would’ve been extremely soft yellow card but we were running the risk if he’d stayed on the field of getting another yellow by accumulating fouls, so it was the right decision to take him off of course. To say it was some sort of injustice that he didn’t get a second yellow is wide of the mark in my eyes.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #2165 on: October 22, 2023, 03:37:48 pm »
I've just watched MOTD and they are comparing it with Tarkowskis yellow.

It's quite obviously very different. Bunch of weirdos

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2166 on: October 22, 2023, 03:43:03 pm »
Should have been a 2nd cast iron yellow, it's good we cashed in on our refereeing fortune, just like we did at st. James Park not long ago

This stupid post of yours should take you down to negative numbers.

Offline MdArshad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2167 on: October 22, 2023, 04:07:59 pm »
I feel Konate is strange, he does not seem like he knows what a fast beast he is. There was not a need to make that challenge when he is on a yellow.

Konate could have just carry on just chasing that Beto guy.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2168 on: October 22, 2023, 05:06:37 pm »
I feel Konate is strange, he does not seem like he knows what a fast beast he is. There was not a need to make that challenge when he is on a yellow.

Konate could have just carry on just chasing that Beto guy.
That Beto guy just overplayed the challenge for a yellow card. He fell under the wind a few times before closer to our goal and a few times later. This was a foul, but never a yellow card, I don't agree that we were lucky.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2169 on: October 22, 2023, 11:26:51 pm »
I feel Konate is strange, he does not seem like he knows what a fast beast he is.

It's because FIFA 24 rated him only 77 for pace. Slower than Tsimi!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 11:29:21 pm by GreatEx »

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2170 on: October 22, 2023, 11:36:10 pm »
It really feels like there is a desperation to show that things were “evened out“ in this game in order to invalidate past grievances. That foul by Ibou would’ve been extremely soft yellow card but we were running the risk if he’d stayed on the field of getting another yellow by accumulating fouls, so it was the right decision to take him off of course. To say it was some sort of injustice that he didn’t get a second yellow is wide of the mark in my eyes.

That’s what this is from the press. Paint this as it being evened out so the pesky Scousers stop complaining. Even though it’s an absolute storm in a tea cup.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2171 on: October 23, 2023, 12:58:37 am »

Absolutely. Look at the state of this pearl clutching in the BBC live feed by yet another ex-LFC player trying way too hard to prove his lack of bias:

'How do you get that wrong?'

Liverpool 0-0 Everton
Stephen Warnock
Former England and Liverpool defender on BBC Radio 5 Live

My big thing here is what is the assistant referee doing? What is the fourth official doing?

We keep getting told that they are a team of officials, then be a team! The only person who will be reprimanded for this is Craig Pawson, he will be the one lambasted for making a wrong decision.

You've got three people here that could have told him he'd gotten that wrong. Help each other out, tell them 'you've got it wrong there mate. It's a second yellow.'

Also the audacity then to book Sean Dyche for complaining, it's a stinker of a decision.

It could have a big bearing on this game. Everton could now be up against ten men and be going for the win again, it changes the momentum completely!

I don't recall anyone in the press suggesting the refs should have bent the rules and got involved to tell the ref to revoke one of Jota's bullshit yellows at Spurs, but now they're saying let's bend the rules to get Konaté sent off for what, at the end of the day, was a subjective decision that was not black-and-white.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 01:00:47 am by GreatEx »

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2172 on: October 23, 2023, 01:12:50 am »
Why is Warnock bringing up the VAR for? Maybe he should learn the rules about what decisions they can actually interfere with before spouting shit.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2173 on: October 23, 2023, 01:35:09 am »
Warnock's the kind of thick twat who thinks merely wearing glasses makes him intelligent
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #2174 on: October 23, 2023, 06:56:04 am »
Obviously, the potential second yellow for Tarkowski has all but been ignored.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2175 on: October 23, 2023, 05:37:33 pm »
Obviously, the potential second yellow for Tarkowski has all but been ignored.
Or the yellow for Young for kicking the ball away from the touchline before he got the second yellow.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #2176 on: October 24, 2023, 02:49:25 am »
It's because FIFA 24 rated him only 77 for pace. Slower than Tsimi!

EA Sports FC 24 …
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2177 on: October 24, 2023, 07:35:28 am »
This is all proof in point.  The uproar when we don't get yet another soft sending off is mental when you consider just how much needs to go against us for it to register in the media.

It wouldn't crack the top 5 worst decisions in our games when Tierney or England are in flow.

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2178 on: October 24, 2023, 07:37:47 am »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2179 on: October 28, 2023, 02:16:48 pm »
Woahhhh, these comments from Kloppo to Deschamps are something  ;D

I thought they where made up when I read them last night, but apparently not! He isn’t happy with his management of Ibou.

From here.

"I love absolutely everything about Ibou, but the problem is Ibou had injury problems from time to time and Mr Deschamps played him 90 and 87 minutes in the two games (for France)," said Klopp to RMC Sport.

"So we used the time now to give him a little rest. He could have played (against Toulouse) of course, but he has to play on Sunday again.

"That's why I spoke to Ibou and told him 'tell Mr Deschamps that's how you rest a player'. Not three minutes, no, a full 90.

"Besides that, we are more than overly happy with Ibou. Fantastic boy and super player and France can be really happy to have him."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2180 on: October 28, 2023, 02:56:00 pm »
I believe they were said with quite a smile on his face - very much joking.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2181 on: October 28, 2023, 03:00:30 pm »
I believe they were said with quite a smile on his face - very much joking.

It’s how he does it, smiles, turns the charm on, makes it seem ‘light’, but the undertone is anything but, he’d be rightly annoyed with a manager playing a player who’s had injury issues this season for 87 mins in a sodding friendly AFTER he’d played the full 90 in the actual competitive game, ignorant from Deschamps.

Anyway, vid is here:
https://x.com/ActuLFC/status/1717661342541263101?s=20

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2182 on: October 29, 2023, 04:51:41 pm »
A rested Ibou :)

I shout to him for playing the CB, RB, a 6, and even some attacking positions today. 

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2183 on: October 29, 2023, 06:09:10 pm »
Beard, no beard, beard, no beard

Jesus man make up your mind and stop toying with our emotions.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2184 on: October 30, 2023, 07:40:31 pm »

We make our center halves not half kooky

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2185 on: October 30, 2023, 07:42:21 pm »
Is that a cosplay?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2186 on: October 30, 2023, 07:42:53 pm »
:D No need to provide any context to that pic, it's brilliant all on its own.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #2187 on: October 30, 2023, 07:50:26 pm »
At least he’s left the label on so he can take it back if his new image doesn’t take off
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2188 on: October 30, 2023, 07:50:44 pm »

dunno why but I find that disturbing on some level ....  ???

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2189 on: October 30, 2023, 07:51:51 pm »

Is it the creepy painting? Or the wank you've just had?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2190 on: October 30, 2023, 07:57:35 pm »
Is it the creepy painting? Or the wank you've just had?
I find that disturbing, and I know why.  :)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2191 on: October 30, 2023, 07:59:54 pm »

Calvert-Lewin says hold my Cosmo.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2192 on: October 30, 2023, 10:23:24 pm »

Puma shorts?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2193 on: October 30, 2023, 11:37:49 pm »

Ibou's clearly a big fan of George & Mildred.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2194 on: October 30, 2023, 11:44:02 pm »

He's not even wearing shin pads.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2195 on: October 31, 2023, 05:59:43 am »
I'm getting Tyler The Creator vibes, wonder if it's from his clothes label Golf Wang.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2196 on: December 6, 2023, 11:04:11 pm »
Loose with the ball but pretty dominant defensive display tonight.

Per Whoscored, Konate won 14 defensive headers in this game. That's a fantastic stat on its own but it's even crazier when you consider he did that at a 100% success rate. He is, per Sofa Score, the first player to achieve more than 12 at a 100% success rate since the 2015/16 season.

In total, Konate went into for a monstrous 20 duels (both headers and tackles) in this game, winning 19. That's a level of dominance you rarely, if ever, see and a demonstration of just how good he is at his best. In fact, that's the most of the last three seasons.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #2197 on: December 6, 2023, 11:34:18 pm »
He can certainly be clumsy at times and just goes to show take stats in context.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2198 on: December 7, 2023, 12:13:19 am »
Loose with the ball but pretty dominant defensive display tonight.
That super impressive. He normally better then that on the ball too

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Kopite
« Reply #2199 on: December 7, 2023, 12:17:32 am »
The miscontrol in the second half was just a brainfart. Nothing to worry about. He was so dominant and ever-present today. And at times I feel like he was trying to copy Matip's playmaking ability too. That's tough to learn son, but I like this idea.