Author Topic: The Indomitable Ibou  (Read 274981 times)

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Indomitable Ibou
« Reply #2120 on: August 25, 2023, 02:20:23 pm »
It's not confirmed, he might miss the game.  But historically, that usually means he's missing the game.

Cheers pal. Sadly, you're right. We have history with these kind of updates eh

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2121 on: August 25, 2023, 02:23:05 pm »
Historically means he’s out until mid October

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2122 on: August 25, 2023, 02:24:44 pm »
Can we change the 'indomitable' part of the title? It's starting to feel sarcastic.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #2123 on: August 25, 2023, 02:41:21 pm »
Historically means he’s out until mid October

Wouldn’t be at all surprised as it’s another muscle injury for him. Before we signed him he missed over 50 games for RB due to muscle related injuries since the 19/20 season.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2124 on: August 25, 2023, 05:34:36 pm »
Just caught the press conference, not great news so early in the season. Konate is so good and genuinely one of the best CB’s in the world at his best but the niggling injuries just stop him from playing enough games.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2125 on: September 24, 2023, 04:30:10 pm »
Bit surprised we didn't give him a few minutes at the end when we went 3-1 up.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2126 on: September 24, 2023, 04:31:33 pm »
Bit surprised we didn't give him a few minutes at the end when we went 3-1 up.

Good from my perspective - let's manage him as needed.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2127 on: September 24, 2023, 04:35:19 pm »
Good from my perspective - let's manage him as needed.

If he hasn’t been played on Thursday I would agree, but not playing him today for a few minutes is a bit of a head scratcher

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #2128 on: September 24, 2023, 04:45:08 pm »
He didn't need a few minutes today.

He's being managed perfectly I think.

I'm sure he'll start the match alongside Quansah in midweek.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2129 on: September 24, 2023, 04:56:34 pm »

Precisely. He's being managed by people who know best.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2130 on: September 24, 2023, 04:58:53 pm »

Wednesday/Saturday wouldn't be ideal though. We need him for Spurs.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2131 on: September 24, 2023, 05:07:00 pm »
Wednesday/Saturday wouldn't be ideal though. We need him for Spurs.
It close 72 hours recovery for that with being the late on Saturday. Should be able to manage it.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2132 on: September 27, 2023, 09:55:25 pm »
Didn't even break a sweat.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2133 on: September 27, 2023, 09:56:20 pm »
A man against boys, tonight. Imperious.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2134 on: September 27, 2023, 09:56:25 pm »
Total command
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2135 on: September 27, 2023, 11:16:26 pm »
If only he can stay fit, he's like a prime Desailly in his pomp at times, just a physical monster of a CB.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2136 on: September 27, 2023, 11:20:23 pm »
Pleasantly surprised that he stayed on for the full 90.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2137 on: September 28, 2023, 12:07:59 pm »
An absolute boss.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2138 on: September 28, 2023, 01:21:18 pm »
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2139 on: September 28, 2023, 07:52:38 pm »
If only he can stay fit, he's like a prime Desailly in his pomp at times, just a physical monster of a CB.

Great shout

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2141 on: September 29, 2023, 11:21:17 am »
Love this. https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1707688721959514252?s=21&t=bH4G9N5N5aumEx1pwGLj2A

Haha, great stuff - and love Jota stirring up trouble too.

Pretty sure FIFA rarely give top CBs high pace as it would make them too overpowered in the game, so Konate shouldn't take it too personally!

Offline ByrdmanLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2142 on: September 29, 2023, 11:50:34 am »
Haha, great stuff - and love Jota stirring up trouble too.

Pretty sure FIFA rarely give top CBs high pace as it would make them too overpowered in the game, so Konate shouldn't take it too personally!

Also, Ibou is suffering from what all our CBs are suffering from, they are being underrated because the world still believes VVD is our only player who can defend and he makes everyone else look good.

If the ratings were fair, i'd have Konate and VVD both at 86 right now, maybe Ibou even higher.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2143 on: September 29, 2023, 12:06:04 pm »
Love this. https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1707688721959514252?s=21&t=bH4G9N5N5aumEx1pwGLj2A

Ibou is genuinely hilarious, all those vids he does, just comes across as a funny bloke, who everyone in the team loves.

Jota is such a shit stirrer on and off the pitch, love it :lmao

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #2144 on: September 29, 2023, 01:17:07 pm »
I still think about his pass to Kolo Muani in the final minute of the World Cup Final.
Outside of the right foot, inch perfect. If Muani scores that, Ibou's assist would be talked about one of the greatest assists of all time (due to the match and context it happened in)

It actually annoys me, lol (even though I have no connection with France) Martinez saving it makes it worse, particularly after his 'injury' that caused him to miss the City game, just so that he could play a friendly match for Argentina, some 10 days later.

That, and the Iheanacho miss v City (I still won't watch it again to this day. I think it was deliberate)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2145 on: September 29, 2023, 01:44:30 pm »

I remember the one that Virgil hosted in 2018 or 2019 and the first thing I think of is the sheer amount of turnover in players we have had since then.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #2146 on: September 29, 2023, 03:46:39 pm »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2147 on: September 29, 2023, 05:31:40 pm »

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2148 on: September 30, 2023, 09:59:33 am »
Interesting that Luis Diaz immediately wanted to know what Ben Doak’s score was on speed. Clearly imagined he would be the fastest.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2149 on: October 21, 2023, 11:16:10 pm »
He was undoubtedly lucky today.  Two rash decisions deep inside their half, grabbing at people when he really didn't need to.  Had he been shown a red card it would have been for two of the most pointless fouls.

Hopefully he can get an injury free run and play his way into form.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2150 on: October 21, 2023, 11:29:33 pm »
He was undoubtedly lucky today.  Two rash decisions deep inside their half, grabbing at people when he really didn't need to.  Had he been shown a red card it would have been for two of the most pointless fouls.

Hopefully he can get an injury free run and play his way into form.
??
he's been majestic the last few games. look at the posts on this page.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2151 on: October 21, 2023, 11:32:12 pm »
Not got a problem with him at all, was never a booking.

Twat would've found reason to give him another yellow at the next opportunity though, so had to take him off.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #2152 on: October 22, 2023, 12:21:40 am »

Twat would've found reason to give him another yellow at the next opportunity though, so had to take him off.

In the context of the game, it absolutely was a 2nd yellow and sending off. It was a stupid foul, let's not sugarcoat it.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2153 on: October 22, 2023, 01:12:13 am »
Not all fouls are yellows and not all yellows are fouls.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #2154 on: October 22, 2023, 05:54:52 am »
That’s a second yellow for me but I couldn’t care less because there should have been a sending off against Brighton and we didn’t get it. We’ve had shit decisions all season so I’ll take a bit of luck with Konate.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2155 on: October 22, 2023, 06:09:30 am »

This is a good point. The commentators were making much about Klopp subbing him, saying 'it tells you all you need to know' (shite phrase used far too often on here as well), essentially implying that Klopp subbing him 'proved' that he thought it was a yellow card challenge.

Of course it proves nothing of the sort; it only suggests that Klopp knew that the next challenge would be a certain yellow card, whether it was merited or not, because referees are shite, and weak. 
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #2156 on: October 22, 2023, 07:42:46 am »
This is a good point. The commentators were making much about Klopp subbing him, saying 'it tells you all you need to know' (shite phrase used far too often on here as well), essentially implying that Klopp subbing him 'proved' that he thought it was a yellow card challenge.

Of course it proves nothing of the sort; it only suggests that Klopp knew that the next challenge would be a certain yellow card, whether it was merited or not, because referees are shite, and weak. 

Precisely. I watched it real time and didn't think it was a foul. The fact that some people think it's worthy of a yellow card is bananas.

A foul isn't an automatic yellow.

Young's two fouls were bordering on ridiculous. That decision has no relevance to two other tackles in the same game.

Aside from missing the glaringly obvious penalty that he needed to watch on TV Pawson had a reasonable game..

Klopp was 100% sensible in taking Konate off. There was nothing saving him if he dared make another challenge

Online markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2157 on: October 22, 2023, 08:14:47 am »
Should have been a 2nd cast iron yellow, it's good we cashed in on our refereeing fortune, just like we did at st. James Park not long ago

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2158 on: October 22, 2023, 09:11:20 am »
never a second yellow. fuck that and fuck the refs

it took 8 jesus fucking buddha years for an opposition to be sent off for a second yellow against us. it all evens itself out right. so this is when we could actually say it.

so suddenly the laws of a second foul means a yellow only applies to us as other teams keep getting away with it?

« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 09:16:03 am by xbugawugax »

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #2159 on: October 22, 2023, 09:15:12 am »
There was a time when the ref would look at the bench and warn the manager that he would be going off if not subbed, seen it a few times. Guess they don't do that anymore