Author Topic: Liverpool vs Real Madrid  (Read 73522 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Another big Anfield performance needed, shame no crowd, but we can still do this.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
No fans really does fuck us more than anyone else. I can't see us being consistently brilliant again until stadiums are packed out. It can't be a coincidence that Anfield has gone from a fortress to a place you don't want us to play at all within this shit of a pandemic year.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Didn't understand why we went so gung-ho after we scored. Just keep the ball for ten bloody mintues it was really our downfall, didn't play with much intelligence tonight. Missed Hendo, as he would have been shouting at a few players tonight.

Despite our experience, we played like an unexperienced side tonight. The ball over the top ultimately killed us over and over again defensively, but we could have done so much better obviously in other parts of the game.

We can still turn this around, but I'd feel more confident with a full Anfield.

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
Cannot get over the defeatism on here. Yes, the first half was shocking...yes Sadio had a 'mare (he lost the plot after being fouled before their second goal), yes our two very inexperienced centre backs who were up against world stars, gave them too much space (but otherwise gave their all) and yes leaving Thiago out of the staring line up was an odd decision but..
we are Liverpool and we are not out of this yet.

It will be harder with no fans but how many of us are, like me, believers?

2-0. We only have to win 2-0.. fucking hell. Let's believe otherwise shit gets dead grim. I'll believe we can do it until we can't!

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
Like some have said away goal is very positive. Not much else to take. Need some performance second leg early goal an who knows.

Will be drying my ears of blood from the amount of shite that blue nose c*nt Mcmanaman spewed. Loved how he said ‘everyone saw the mane challenge was a foul’ at the start of the second half just minutes after calling it a nothing tackle and just a nudge! Probably gone off to wank into a Madrid shirt, what a fucking blow job blue nose he is  :lmao

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Thought Klopp was out coached in the first half then it was compounded by a shocking half from several of them
Smart of Zidane to press us high and make the centre backs and fullbacks try and play out  - ancelotti’s had success vs us in Europe with a similar mentality

At least we showed some pride second half but we really should’ve been playing on the counter 2 - 1 down .. would’ve been a competitive result
The third goal is horrific from fab, Phillps and Ali and a bit of a dagger

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
I'd be extremely confident if a crowd was in, but will still dream.

If we take an early lead and start strongly (asking a lot I know) then we'll be right back in it. Just need a good performance, everyone switched on and maybe a touch of luck. I'd give us about a 1 in 5 chance of qualifying.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
That 3rd goal was a disgrace from Robbo letting Benzema nip in front of him all the way to the goal.

Tactically we were outmanoeuvred and lost the match with the starting line up but then we gifted them the win with some rank amateur defending. Can’t see us coming back we looked like we caught stage fright at their training ground.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
I thought European refs were meant to be better. I’d rather Anthony Taylor had reffed that tonight.
With a full Anfield we’d still be in it. Not quite as confident behind closed doors.

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
Nealy thinking its Sadio who needs dropping no Bobby.

They both need to be dropped. Ideally we would've invested in that area by now but unfortunately the only other option we have is Origi.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarαs Solo.
Yep. We were terrible tonight, which should be the focus, but I really disliked that referee. Gave the impression of a man who'd decided he wasn't going to take any shit or give us anything. Has he refereed any notable games of ours in the past? Looked familiar.

Did you see him having a nice cosy chat with Madrid in the tunnel at HT too? I thought he was supposed to be one of the better ones but he fell for everything they did.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
Get the first goal at Anfield and then it’s game on.

When was the last time we scored from a corner? Is there even any point us crossing it in directly?

Their goalie is 10 foot 12", why play in high corners? Aim in a short one, flicked on by a player on the first post and Bob's yer Uncle , Goalie taken out of the equation.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2021, 10:15:25 pm by mobydick »

Offline diggerling!

• believes we’re doomed to be back with the also-rans
  • Anny Roader
Real Madrid are streets ahead of us technically and it showed.
This. The rest is details.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
being inexplicably left on the bench might have had an effect on his performance.
Really? You're actually saying that?

Truth is, the whole team, as a unit, played badly, which makes it hard for any individual to shine, as there's nothing to work with
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Tommy Torres

• Legacy Fan
First half we were awful, pressing was non existent, mid-placed or over hit passes and our movement was shocking. Second half loads better any yet Madrid still looked dangerous. Home leg will be tough but we said the same after the Barcelona first leg!
There's only one Sergio Torres

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
that little c*nt at the back for them has a ref invisibility cloak
😂 yeah, sneaky little bastard gets away with a lot.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Could have ended worse. Should have ended better, especially when we got back to 2-1. Ref gave them everything but most things were self inflicted.

Not going to criticise but it’s clear they knew they could target the ball in behind and the lack of pace in our middle. Kabak actually covered well, just that one poor pass back to Alisson. Too sloppy in possession.

But I still think we can go through. But we have to be on it from the start next week and not let them settle. Modric and Kronos can boss a game if you let them and we made it too easy tonight.

Offline RedMan89

• Anny Roader
The poor defensive errors can lead to slow momentum in the game and it showed today. We didn't look assured from the start at the back, we looked deflated after conceding the first knowing it was such a poor mistake. They were able to slice through our midfield like butter.

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
Didn't understand why we went so gung-ho after we scored. Just keep the ball for ten bloody mintues it was really our downfall, didn't play with much intelligence tonight. Missed Hendo, as he would have been shouting at a few players tonight.

We lack technical ability throughout the team at this level, hence the inability to keep the ball.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'd love to see one of those highlight clips that we usually get for a players touches in a game. But just one showing how often we gave the ball away needlessly, or played a pass that had no chance of being controlled. I think thats the worst Ive ever seen us for that. it was actually comical at times.

Macmanaman is a cock buy summed it up tonight in one sentence when he said "Madrid just kept the ball for 50 passes, Liverpool gave it back to them after one".

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Dr Stu-Pid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Awful first half, but better in the second half.  We definitely had them on the back foot after our goal and on another day that little flick from Jota leads to a Mane goal.  Instead it resulted in a (another awful) corner which they almost scored from and then did score from the throw in that followed.  Small margins make all the difference in Europe.

I don't like to single out individuals, but as Keita will inevitably get most of the stick I have to mention that Gini was pretty shocking and I actually would have preferred to see Keita stay on and Gini make way.  Mane also was well below his best and last season I would have fancied him to convert at least one of his promising moments into a goal.

Ultimately though it was two shocking pieces of defending from Phillips and TAA that cost us in the first half, so sadly lots of blame to go round tonight.

I'll also say that I'm just not sure that Jota, Mane, and Salah works as a combo without Firmino in there as well, as I think they are all a little bit too similar.  Maybe it would work with a Fabinho, Thiago, and Henderson midfield, but not with the midfield tonight.  I think we'll definitely see all 4 of them start the return leg with a Fabinho and Thiago double pivot.

Still think we've got a good chance in the return leg but I think we are going to need to keep a clean sheet if we are going to get through.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
They both need to be dropped. Ideally we would've invested in that area by now but unfortunately the only other option we have is Origi.

So drop them both and play Origi.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not making excuses for our performance, we were poor no doubt about it. But it does give them a huge advantage when they can just con their way with constant play acting and virtually get every decision even when there is an elbow involved.

Except all you ever do is make excuse after excuse when we have a poor performance.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
Did you see him having a nice cosy chat with Madrid in the tunnel at HT too? I thought he was supposed to be one of the better ones but he fell for everything they did.
He was asking about a good paella rezzie after the match.
Kill the humourless

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This. The rest is details.

Technically our 1st team is as good as any on the planet.

The details are why we're not at that level this season.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Except all you ever do is make excuse after excuse when we have a poor performance.

So obviously you missed the part where I said it was a poor performance. You'll have to try harder than that.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
He’s a good player but nobody made him work. At anfield we need to be tearing into them. If we get a quick first goal then I reckon the impetuous will swing to us.
I agree, but how? They are very quick except for Benzema. Might have seemed to our players like white shirts were coming out of nowhere and everywhere. Our midfield is so slow and our passing can be even slower.

Not impossible but close.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Still mad that Naby Keita started
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
I can only think the Arsenal game on Saturday night was more draining than we thought, because that was a performance lacking the energy, pressing and ball winning we associate with us in our pomp. They not only easily passed through our press, but won just about every tackle and second ball where it mattered.

On top of that, our lack of pace at the back is negating everything our game is built around, and a better team than Real would have picked us off even more, given how open to the counter we were, and how often they had 2 v 2s, with pace on their side. Nat Phillips did ok, and Kabak in the first half did well in a couple of 1 v 1s. But it’s not a revelation to say neither are on a par with the 3 injured players.

Then there’s Brich. He’s such a poor ref he’d be right at home in the Premiership. And he bought just about everything Madrid sold him - and the dark arts is something this Liverpool team cannot (and seemingly will not, under Klopp) indulge in. The Paisley teams, by comparison, were far more streetwise, albeit in a completely different era.

The horrible and unpalatable truth is that we have become, in a short time, and courtesy of Pickford and an abysmal run of injuries to defenders, a team that will be seen in hindsight to be in transition.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Really disappointing. Some really poor performances out there. Not really sure what the plan was in the first half, looked clueless. Madrid were excellent tonight, composed and took their chances. Was really confident before the match, such a crap performance all round.

Gini was dreadful. Non-existent performance. Jota didn't suit that role tonight. Kieta, fuck knows what's going on there. Mane, struggling. Only positive was Salah, only Liverpool player who knows how to score this year. Something we seriously need to look at in the summer, getting goals back into this side. Unthinkable 12 months ago.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
Nice to see the ref  lining up with the real team like he was in the squad at HT. geeing the up. Discussing tactics. That carried on throughout the 2nd half.

Offline Marcel

• Anny Roader

Makes a nice counterbalance to the venting though.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jόrgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Firstly, well done tro Real Madrid. That was a first class performance by them. It wasn't just the technical skill on display, but the way the setup, worked to close down space and avenues for progression, the way they picked out weaknesses in Liverpool's formation (playing in behind the fullbacks and pinning them back, shutting down the midfield and limiting the options of the front three) and their decision-making was excellent. In fact, that was the difference for me, Liverpool looked so nervous, playing flat and square, making easy passes look difficult and giving away needless possession. They needed a top class performance and didn't give one, but credit to Madrid, they were ruthless and decisive.

So, where was the game lost? I think Klopp's gamble with Keita was the biggest issue, he was brought in to run at the Madrid backline, but ended up ceding space and control in the middle. So much damage was done in the first forty minutes that Klopp felt forced to act and sacrifice Keita (and let's be clear, he was not playing well anyway) and bring in Thiago. That actually changed the game for a while. If you want to see the class of Thiago, watch how he still plays his normal game against Madrid, even as others around him were intimidated. He had a huge impact and for 20 minutes and changed the flow of the game, culminating in an away goal. Then he got booked and the game just slipped away. However, 3-1 away is not the end of the tie (it just feels bad tonight). For one thing, I doubt RM will be as agressive at Anfield as they were tonight, crowd or no crowd. If they sit back and try to counter, it will give Liverpool a good chance to pick them off. 1 early goal and they have an entire game to get a winner. The away goal is huge and that backline is as ropey as Liverpools.

Tonight we saw the limitations of Phillips and Kabak. Raw, lacking pace, positionally unsure they were given a torrid time by RMs attacking unit. Then again, they are unlikely to meet players as good as that too often, so they might still have a role to play in the future. 4th and 5th choice CBs is no bad thing. If nothing else comes of this awful season only that it will be a decent outcome.  Despite the poor performances of the entire backline, the bigger issue (and the one that exposed them the most) was the middle. Fabino had a tough time as he was overrun, Wijnaldum was industrious but ineffective and only Thiago came out of the game with credit in the bank. Again we enter the summer probably needing to recruit there again, albeit for the future and not medium/short term. Only up front did I feel liverpool did acceptably, lots of hard running and feeding off scraps. All three combined for the goal and Mane (big game player) was still running even after the needless booking.

On that, the ref clearly got the shoulder in the back wrong (god, macmamanamanamanan is a clown, he calls everything wrong), but other than that he was very fair. Madrid were just a lot smarter than Liverpool.

Tough night, fair result, but a precious away goal and a decent shout in the second leg if Liverpool can get past their stage nerves.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We need to work out why these performances keep repeating in European Away games.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Real did what every other team we've struggled against has done this season.  Dropped deep, packed the middle and then pinged it over Trent's head.

We can't create through the middle at all, never really have under Klopp.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan

Is he rated, yeah? Considering how many bad refs are about (particularly in England), I'm tempted to give the decent ones the benefit of the doubt, but yeah that was a frustrating refereeing performance.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
Hope this myth about European refs all being good can die on here now.

That said, we were awful and I'm amazed we scored a goal tonight.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Oh piss off with the holier than thou bullshit. They were fucking wretched in the first half and every bit of criticism was 100% justified.
Definitely holier than thou, thou foul specimen; clack-kidneyed milquetoast, sirrah!

This idea that the quality of the posting has to plummet if the performance is bad is an interesting one. Not sure you'd get that in any other walk of life.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
We lack technical ability throughout the team at this level, hence the inability to keep the ball.

It's not like we have our full team at the moment, but we are limited especially at the back there was always a chance this would happen tonight. Had we started with Thiago maybe we wouldn't have made such a bad start, but it would still have been a challenge.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's going to be tough, mainly because they keep the ball so well and will be patient at Anfield, plus, Hazard will probably start. We are most effective when we play with intensity and play the high press. Hope we have the energy to do that at Anfield and can keep the ball a lot better than tonight.