Author Topic: Liverpool vs Real Madrid  (Read 74150 times)

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
Okay result from a rancid performance.

Offline supaerheraw

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Real have absolutely nothing to learn from our team based this game, we have everything to learn for the next tie. That's why I think we'll go through.

Also, play their game at Anfield please. Cheat, dive etc.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Oh piss off with the holier than thou bullshit. They were fucking wretched in the first half and every bit of criticism was 100% justified.

You're shit at math.

I still have faith that we will win the tie,shit tonight though.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
That first half performance has virtually killed the tie. A lot of nervous looking decision making with simple balls going out of play or not finding their man and general caution put there . Too passive in and out of possession which really hurt the flow to our game I thought. It felt like we were hoping something to magically happen but all of our passing avenues seemed cut off and the Madrid team sat right on top of us and we found it impossible to form any legitimate attacks.

I'd usually be optimistic about the 2nd leg despite this result but anfield without fans is a completely different stadium.

Their midfield is also very cunning and experienced and I'm sure they'll find every avenue to take the fire out of our play in the second leg. I was surprised how mobile and agile modric is at the age of 36 is it?
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Thank God we are facing them in a two legged tie. The away goal can be crucial. As long as we keep them out at Anfield, we have every chance to win.

A lot better second half though. They look like a very well organised side, this Madrid. I am sure the players won’t take them lightly next time like they did the first half. The experience they have is staggering, Kroos on his own has more CL experience than the rest of our squad.

Trent though I think has to get his head sorted. He has temperament issues, like he did earlier in the season. He’s like a petulant child still, when things don’t go his way, and he loses his focus.

RM got every decision from the ref tonight, he was so one-sided it was untrue. Some of his decisions were bizarre.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Chavasse1917

• Legacy Fan
  • “Winning trophies has made me put on weight.”

Cannot get over the defeatism on here. Yes, the first half was shocking...yes Sadio had a 'mare (he lost the plot after being fouled before their second goal), yes our two very inexperienced centre backs who were up against world stars, gave them too much space (but otherwise gave their all) and yes leaving Thiago out of the staring line up was an odd decision but..
we are Liverpool and we are not out of this yet.

It will be harder with no fans but how many of us are, like me, believers?
"Everything has an end...except a sausage, which has two".

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
Madrid much the better team really. Kept the ball well and passed around us well. With that said the ball over the top was always on for them so the two first half goals were a gift. Their 3rd goal almost reminded me of Trents and origi's goal against Barca. Sort of looked like we were standing there watching them.

I would be inclined to drop Mane at the weekend and maybe play Shaq or Ox out wide. He is looking slow with a poor first touch. I thought Nat phillips did very well under the circumstances.

Overall we were well beaten but it's not over till the fat lady sings and if we can get the first goal at Anfield then who knows.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
Modric looked like the youngest player on the field...which is fucking insane.

To be fair he's fucking amazing and well deserving of his Ballon D'or.

Offline Red_Potato

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Potato beats scissors
Got a chance if we can find our Anfield form.

Their third was kind of unlucky. Shame about that.

Half time thread was a fucking disgrace

Was it? I didn't read every comment, but we were shocking first half. Keita and Gini were extraordinarily bad. Gini didn't improve much second half. And aside from the first 15 mins of the second half, we weren't massively better. At least 3 occasions where we were ripped open 3v3 and some last ditch defending by Trent saved our arses.
That wasn't great viewing. Constantly chasing shadows and making poor choices / dithering on the ball in attack.
Ref had a shocker by the way too.
We'll have to wait and see which Liverpool turns up in the second leg. So maybe not dead and buried yet....
SOS member 7832

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan

I don’t see us winning the tie but hopefully we can put in a much better performance

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Think you have to ask serious questions about Sadio's form at this point. The broken link in the attack.
It's all relative; outside the box, Mane is still the one who can beat a player (rather than just run into them) and generally pass to a red shirt. But he's not scoring. Outside the box, Jota doesn't spot movement, runs into players and loses the ball consistently; Salah does the same or fluffs his control, and occasionally aimlessly drifts the ball towards the far post. But those two are scoring goals.

Anyway. It's all pretty depressing. Keita was far from the worst of the midfielders in that first half, but obviously wasn't doing something he was instructed to do. Being yanked like that doesn't bode well. Shame it's never really worked out. Midfield is a bit of a worry, going forward.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarαs Solo.
RM got every decision from the ref tonight, he was so one-sided it was untrue. Some of his decisions were bizarre.

Some of his defensive play for Madrid was impressive I must admit.

Fell for every bit of their cheating too. That yellow for Trent ffs!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That could have been any score tonight,  to escape with just a 2 goal deficit is fortunate. Be glad to see the back of this season.

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Legacy Fan
Don't like to play this card when we've been poor and we were very poor. But that doesn't make this criticism invalid. One of those refereeing performances where nothing is quite egregious enough to grab a headline but loads of niggly 50/50s never going our way.
Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Says the poster who said that Neville was correct about Trent. One bad half and it's time to cross sides eh?

Crazy eh.

I really enjoyed the HT shouts of how the side needed breaking up,would love to know who they want bombing out the squad.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
Positive: Scored an away goal

The less said about the rest, the better. Massive opportunity missed imo, given that they had their two best defenders out. We had a shambolic first half collectively and really really disappointed with how it went. Perfect response in the 2nd half but giving up the 3rd goal was a blow

Didn't understand why we went so gung-ho after we scored. Just keep the ball for ten bloody mintues it was really our downfall, didn't play with much intelligence tonight. Missed Hendo, as he would have been shouting at a few players tonight.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
Fixed for you.

4?? You mean 2, VVD and Gomez. Matip is constantly injured and can’t be relied on.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Modric looked like the youngest player on the field...which is fucking insane.

He’s a good player but nobody made him work. At anfield we need to be tearing into them. If we get a quick first goal then I reckon the impetuous will swing to us.
#JFT97

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Don't like to play this card when we've been poor and we were very poor. But that doesn't make this criticism invalid. One of those refereeing performances where nothing is quite egregious enough to grab a headline but loads of niggly 50/50s never going our way.
Yeah this is how I feel about the ref.

I’ve just seen a scandalous decision against Dortmund in the City game. I don’t think we had anything like that against us but it was just relentless bad calls. I don’t blame TAA for his reaction, that one was laughable.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan

Not making excuses for our performance, we were poor no doubt about it. But it does give them a huge advantage when they can just con their way with constant play acting and virtually get every decision even when there is an elbow involved.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if we won the home leg 2-0 or even 3-1. I don't think we will, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Get the first goal at Anfield and then it’s game on.

When was the last time we scored from a corner? Is there even any point us crossing it in directly?

You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
Thiago offered fuck all but then again so did everyone else.

He stabilised the entire team when we came on. Very harsh.

Offline RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
there is something wrong with him. thats not the same player. he cant run, his energy and strength or completely gone now as well. has to be to do with covid
I agree, but then it begs the question why is he being played? The club employ doctors etc who are no doubt paid handsomely to tell the gaffer if Sadio is fucked, either they’re being ignored or he’s showing up fine on all the metrics they use.
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Did you watch the first half? We were abysmal. Weren’t much better once we conceded the third either.
I did, and we were terrible, as I myself stated (men against boys, slow slow slow, rabbits in headlights etc). Still doesn't excuse some of the shite posted. You'd hope for some dignity even after a really bad half. Far too much incontinence...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Some of his defensive play for Madrid was impressive I must admit.

Fell for every bit of their cheating too. That yellow for Trent ffs!

That's why I can understand Trent's reaction there, it was just pathetic that decision. Typical of his performance tonight.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
Our defending was always going to fuck us in Europe. Not sure why people are shocked or angry about it. It was coming since - well, I'd like to say since January, but in reality, it's been all season. We would have done well getting out of that with a 2-1 defeat, but we've done ourselves in with a couple of avoidable goals.
I don't think people are angry at our defence, it was the the passing and movement, especially in the first half that fucked me off, absolutely abysmal. I am a big fan of bobby's and, I know second guessing, he should have started tonight and Jota should have been the joker.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarαs Solo.
I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if we won the home leg 2-0 or even 3-1. I don't think we will, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I'd be extremely confident if a crowd was in, but will still dream.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
They have Barca at weekend so maybe they get the run around.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
Jesus what is wrong with Sadio? There's a serious problem right there, not just a one off either.

First half was complete garbage, second half we were so much better. I'd have taken 3-1 at halftime, surely we cannot be any worse next week. They destroyed our defence with their pace, that's worrying for the 2nd leg although it's going to be a different game and the saving grace is they have a massive game at the weekend too.

Offline PaddyPaned

• Anny Roader
It was, above all, a disappointing performance. I really thought when I saw the team that we would put in a high-intensity pressing game, but Modric and Kroos were given so much time. Could that have been tactical, or simply that our players couldn’t be arsed? Still a chance in the second leg, but without fans and without any consistently good form since Xmas, it seems unlikely. Unless RM do an Arsenal...

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
Can't see us overturning that to be honest without a crowd at Anfield. There's alot of worrying performance's this season though by certain individuals.

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
Real Madrid are streets ahead of us technically and it showed.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thiago offered fuck all but then again so did everyone else.

We'd have lost 4 or 5 if he didn't come on.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan

Yep. We were terrible tonight, which should be the focus, but I really disliked that referee. Gave the impression of a man who'd decided he wasn't going to take any shit or give us anything. Has he refereed any notable games of ours in the past? Looked familiar.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Nealy thinking its Sadio who needs dropping no Bobby.
He sent me mental towards the end there. He's been fucking about with the ball all season. I don't know what's got into him, but he's lost that sharpness to take a touch and just take off. He's too hesitant and gives defenders chances to take the ball off him. I think it's just symptomatic of the injuries fucking our system and normal routine and flow to our game.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
People no doubt saying we can do a Barca again. But the 3-0 scoreline in the first leg against them flattered them massively. 3-1 tonight flattered us. We’re not beating them by 2 goals next week.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
that little c*nt at the back for them has a ref invisibility cloak

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
Hmm, start with Firmino next week?

Give added bodies and physicality when he drops deep. When we were getting pummelled in that first half, it made me realise how much we missed him. That link between midfield and attack and they were all at sea without him.

This is coming from someone who thought Jota would be better option than Bobby. It may be fickle as any fan can be, but it's also food for thought going into next week.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
Very disappointing. Managed to get a foothold in the game second half and then just threw it away. I'm normally quite an optimist, but I can't see us keeping a clean sheet at Anfield. Mountain to climb already I'm afraid