Author Topic: Champions League  (Read 124208 times)

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Champions League
« Reply #2240 on: May 5, 2021, 09:57:58 pm »
Freezing against this pile of shite will play on my mind for the rest of my life

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2241 on: May 5, 2021, 09:58:06 pm »
Glad Chelsea won, Madrid would have been cannon fodder for City.
Definitely be supporting Chelsea in the final.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2242 on: May 5, 2021, 09:58:22 pm »
Freezing against this pile of shite will play on my mind for the rest of my life

They are absolutely shocking Madrid. Which means we must be really bad.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2243 on: May 5, 2021, 09:58:30 pm »
So you would prefer a competition where the same teams win it or compete to the end?
Isn’t that what the champions league is?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2244 on: May 5, 2021, 09:58:43 pm »
It's almost like we pissed off somebody up there by winning nearly everything for two seasons straight.

The only way this season could have been worse was if the Mancs had won the league or if Everton had qualified for the CL with us missing out. Absolutely everything has gone wrong.

Be honest if someone offered you what we achieved for this, you would absolutely take it.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #2245 on: May 5, 2021, 09:58:43 pm »
Talk they'll have 25k fans there

24k Sponsors - 1k actual fans (which in truth will probably suit City)
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #2246 on: May 5, 2021, 09:58:46 pm »
There's too much hugging. 
dios esta buena

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2247 on: May 5, 2021, 09:58:47 pm »
It's almost like we pissed off somebody up there by winning nearly everything for two seasons straight.

The only way this season could have been worse was if the Mancs had won the league or if Everton had qualified for the CL with us missing out. Absolutely everything has gone wrong.

Sure has. The way I look at it, if this is the price we have to pay for having the last 2 years, I'll take it all day long. Can you imagine what it would have been like if we had of been shite the last few years and won bullox all

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #2248 on: May 5, 2021, 09:58:59 pm »
Final between the oil gangsters.  Couldn’t think of a more soulless final for this soulless season. 

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2249 on: May 5, 2021, 09:59:13 pm »
To think one of these fake clubs will lift the Champions League on our sacred land in Istanbul is grostesque.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2250 on: May 5, 2021, 09:59:26 pm »
They are absolutely shocking Madrid. Which means we must be really bad.

Days like this you understand why we are 7th. Madrid are a spent force, made Vincinius Jr look like a footballer which should say it all really.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2251 on: May 5, 2021, 09:59:29 pm »
Madrid look finished. Ramos looked slow and unfit, shame because didn't play against us. Kante ran the game for Chelsea there.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #2252 on: May 5, 2021, 10:00:00 pm »
Probably sour grapes but this seems the worst CL season by a country mile. Literally no interesting games, no really good ones, just boring shit after boring shit. None of the big players doing it.
I think football in general is in a very bad shape, and I don’t think it’s just the lack of fans. There’s so few good teams nowadays, I can only think of City and Bayern was playing some good football this season, and even them don’t really compare favourably to other great teams from the past. That this utterly mediocre Chelsea side is on the CL final, deservedly so, just tells everything you need to know.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2253 on: May 5, 2021, 10:00:12 pm »
Isn’t that what the champions league is?

Not quite, teams like Ajax and Spurs got to the semi and final 2 years ago. Lyon were knocking out City last season.

In the ESL, Lyon and Ajax don’t deserve our presence.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2254 on: May 5, 2021, 10:00:32 pm »
Talk they'll have 25k fans there

4k for each side with a mere 17k going to the mysterious UEFA family was the talk.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2255 on: May 5, 2021, 10:00:49 pm »
To think one of these fake clubs will lift the Champions League on our sacred land in Istanbul is grostesque.

Could be worse mind

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #2256 on: May 5, 2021, 10:01:05 pm »
Chelsea were much better than RM. They pressed well and had much more energy. It shows what we should have done against RM but we don’t either have the players or the fitness to press anymore.

Chelsea have a good side who will improve.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2021, 10:02:51 pm by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2257 on: May 5, 2021, 10:01:07 pm »
I think football in general is in a very bad shape, and I don’t think it’s just the lack of fans. There’s so few good teams nowadays, I can only think of City and Bayern was playing some good football this season, and even them don’t really compare favourably to other great teams from the past. That this utterly mediocre Chelsea side is on the CL final, deservedly so, just tells everything you need to know.

Feels like a power shift (a non-everton kind i.e a real one), with the continental teams weakening significantly while the PL strengthens its position further.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2258 on: May 5, 2021, 10:01:10 pm »
Glad Chelsea won, Madrid would have been cannon fodder for City.
Definitely be supporting Chelsea in the final.

This all day for me, by far the lesser of two evils, will be hoping Chelsea smash them to bits.

An as you say Madrid would have been done about 5-0, absolutely woeful.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #2259 on: May 5, 2021, 10:02:10 pm »

We did it properly though.

Most galling aspect for me is City weren't even supposed to be in the fucking competition this season but they got off on a technicality.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2260 on: May 5, 2021, 10:02:36 pm »
Be honest if someone offered you what we achieved for this, you would absolutely take it.

Exactly. At one point I thought we might never win the league in my lifetime with the Manc and Chelsea money. And that was before Abu Dhabi.
As long as we still have the best Manager in the world I'll be going into next year in good spirits.

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #2261 on: May 5, 2021, 10:02:36 pm »
I dunno why people keep saying this. We've been absolutely terrible this season, have you not been watching?
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2262 on: May 5, 2021, 10:02:51 pm »

Seriously? It’s done. And had we beaten them I’m not sure we’d have beaten Chelsea. And if we had I’m not sure we’d have beaten City. And losing to either of them would have felt infinitely worse.

Getting knocked out to Real is up there with when Benfica did us in 2006. Annoying but not the end of the world. Clearly wasn’t meant to be this year.

We’ll be back.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2263 on: May 5, 2021, 10:04:15 pm »
Not quite, teams like Ajax and Spurs got to the semi and final 2 years ago. Lyon were knocking out City last season.

In the ESL, Lyon and Ajax don’t deserve our presence.
I’m sure they would’ve taken part via invites and joined when the ESL expanded

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2264 on: May 5, 2021, 10:05:01 pm »
This all day for me, by far the lesser of two evils, will be hoping Chelsea smash them to bits.

An as you say Madrid would have been done about 5-0, absolutely woeful.
City beat them at the weekend then Chelsea return the favour in the final 👍

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2265 on: May 5, 2021, 10:05:09 pm »
Both repulsive clubs but I'm definitely supporting Chelsea in the final. Hate City more than United these days, disgusting club from top to bottom and they shouldn't even have been in this years competition.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2266 on: May 5, 2021, 10:05:15 pm »
I've been thinking about this lately, and you can see the standard of the game in general when it comes to internationals. I used to look forward to them and the big competitions. You look through all the teams, and what have you got? Primadona, primadona, overrated, overrated, shite, shite, whosthiscunt?, Messi, Ronaldo. That's it. That's your lot. It's like years ago whenever you had football games and they had no real names, so they made up shit names and you couldn't tell who's who. It's fucking dire.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2267 on: May 5, 2021, 10:05:15 pm »
Couldn’t care less who wins the final, let’s just get this nightmare of a season over with, regroup in the summer and get back to putting trophies in the cabinet next season.

Offline StigenKeegan

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2268 on: May 5, 2021, 10:05:19 pm »
So... Who Cares FC vs Who Gives A Shit(ty) in the final...
Epic...

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2269 on: May 5, 2021, 10:05:59 pm »

Not like we'd have beat Chelsea over 2 legs and then turned City over in the final, is it? Granted, we may at least gave Chelsea a game.

Atletico last year was a genuinely missed opportunity in terms of going onto win the tournament.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fruity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2270 on: May 5, 2021, 10:06:08 pm »

Yes for me also. City getting beat in the final would be the only enjoyment. They have been absolutely lauded most of the season. Just to see the miserable faces would be great. Not that I can bear to watch Chelsea celebrate but they have won 1 already and I like the fact City are not part of the CL winners club. City losing would be funny.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #2271 on: May 5, 2021, 10:06:10 pm »
We won the 2 most difficult club trophies in the world back to back, this season we drew a blank for numerous reasons. I'm not arsed who wins what this season. I'm still basking in the glory we achieved (against all the odds) the incredible Barca comeback etc, to worry about what didn't achieve in this freak, fake hollow of a season.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2021, 10:08:06 pm by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2272 on: May 5, 2021, 10:06:54 pm »
Final between the oil gangsters.  Couldn’t think of a more soulless final for this soulless season.

Haven't watched either of the game and won't be watching the final.

The more people that watch them the more popular they will become with good viewing figures, more advertising revenue etc... If requires effort as i like watching football but im not partaking in the farce.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2273 on: May 5, 2021, 10:07:31 pm »
Not convinced City are superior to them right now

Are you forgetting that Chelsea recently got Big Sam"ed. I think it's City's to loose personally pound of pound they are much better team for me.
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2274 on: May 5, 2021, 10:08:22 pm »
Hazard joking around there with Zouma.

Fucking hell.how he played the whole game is a absolute joke .. utter garbage

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2275 on: May 5, 2021, 10:08:29 pm »
We won the 2 most difficult club trophies in the world back to back, this season we drew a blank for numerous reasons. I'm not arsed who wins what this season. I'm still basking in the glory we achieved (against all the odds) the incredible Barca comeback etc, to worry about what didn't achieve in this freak, fake of a hollow season.

Yep. This season has gone to shit and obviously that’s not good. But it doesn’t deflect from the memories we made (and the trophies we won) over the last few years.

We’re not as bad as everyone is making us out to be. We are right now obviously, but by the time the new season starts we’ll be much better.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2276 on: May 5, 2021, 10:08:44 pm »
I’m sure they would’ve taken part via invites and joined when the ESL expanded

What about the German clubs?

I guess a pre season friendly against Dortmund is the same as a European tournament night.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2277 on: May 5, 2021, 10:09:08 pm »
yeah we did we shat it .. depressing

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2278 on: May 5, 2021, 10:09:11 pm »
Days like this you understand why we are 7th. Madrid are a spent force, made Vincinius Jr look like a footballer which should say it all really.

We played a high defensive line in Madrid with slow, inexperienced CB's, left our best passer on the bench and gave Kroos and Modric (who have little left in the tank) all the time in the world to play balls over the top.

We couldn't have done a better job of making a poor side look good. It was basically a repeat of Villa (albeit we even had Van Dijk then).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fruity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2279 on: May 5, 2021, 10:09:19 pm »
Are you forgetting that Chelsea recently got Big Sam"ed. I think it's City's to loose personally pound of pound they are much better team for me.

I agree they are the better team. But they Chelsea break well and now seem to defend well. I still feel City struggle against a good counter attacking side.