Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 0 vs 1 Chelsea ‘42 Mount  (Read 43717 times)

Offline diggerling!

• believes we’re doomed to be back with the also-rans
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 vs 1 Chelsea ‘42 Mount
« Reply #600 on: March 4, 2021, 11:03:49 pm »
You do know we stopped playing "heavy metal football" after Kiev? You know this right?
We're run into the ground. You can see that right?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #601 on: March 4, 2021, 11:04:06 pm »
1 first half goal in 13 games ✔️

O... ZERO shots on target again✔️

Embarrassing performance from Klopp again✔️

Rawk shutting threads ✔️

Jesus another one. They are all out tonight.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #602 on: March 4, 2021, 11:04:16 pm »

Rawk shutting threads ✔️

We definitely had a shot on target. Not saying it was a good one like. But just an objective fact.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #603 on: March 4, 2021, 11:04:25 pm »

Rawk shutting threads ✔️
Bye

Name change to dan5times cos the one with Klopp doesn't count.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #604 on: March 4, 2021, 11:04:34 pm »

"We're?"

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: March 4, 2021, 11:05:10 pm »

Rawk shutting threads ✔️

c*nts in this thread ✔️
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
« Reply #606 on: March 4, 2021, 11:05:16 pm »
I don’t want to see that midfield three again unless they’re the last men standing. Get Naby in, get Ox in, get Trent in, get Bobby in there. Whatever it takes to change things.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #607 on: March 4, 2021, 11:05:17 pm »
As does anyone who thinks he has done enough to be given the rest of the season.

Knobs to the left of me and knobheads to the right.

Of course you would  try to interpert my words into something they're not  :D Klopp has a right to do whatever he likes as long as he's here, he's deserved that. I said this season because the post was talking about 5 losses in a row,bla blah, and the state of this season. Anyone with half a brain and who ha read my posts pertaining to the manager and this side knows my opinion about Klopp and what I think of him.

But of course since you're in question, you want to jibe right in at me. Tit  :D

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #608 on: March 4, 2021, 11:05:31 pm »
Unhappy? Fuck me, I’m just as unhappy as anyone. But unlike some posters, I’m able to retain a semblance of objectivity. Did Chelsea deserve that win? Undoubtedly. Did they pulverise us? No way. A sense of perspective is needed.

But what does that really mean? Burnley didn't pulverize us. Brighton didn't pulverize us. Everton didn't pulverize us. And we got a total of 0 points out of all those games just as we did tonight as well.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #609 on: March 4, 2021, 11:05:36 pm »
I wish the RAWK server was still down.

;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: March 4, 2021, 11:05:40 pm »

Rawk shutting threads ✔️
We had the Wijnaldum header with five minutes to go.  Granted it's not a lot to show for over half the possession but it was an attempt on target.

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
« Reply #611 on: March 4, 2021, 11:06:16 pm »
Jota looked decent first game back though. We need him to get up to speed again ASAP.

Too much is being made of Jota's return and when VVD returns, etc. If they come back and the team does not improve then they fall in the "shit" bracket by so called fans who have commented on our form this season.

I believe that Klopp has some major decisions to make at the end of the season, and any top notch signings will be difficult without Champions league football.

This season - sadly I think we will finish 7th or 8th - with the real chance we will miss out of European football all together. I want to be optimistic, but this season has been one step forward and then 2 back!

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #612 on: March 4, 2021, 11:06:28 pm »
I don’t want to see that midfield three again unless they’re the last men standing. Get Naby in, get Ox in, get Trent in, get Bobby in there. Whatever it takes to change things.

Have you seen ox play? He would look out of place in the championship ffs that’s how bad he’s been

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: March 4, 2021, 11:06:44 pm »

Your point was that Klopp was all about "heavy metal football" rather than tactics. I was just pointing out that since he replaced heavy mental football with some of the most tactially astute management this country has seen we won a Champions League and got 196 points over two seasons.

Offline lollysportswasher

• Wants us to accept the reality that Liverpool will never sign another player.
  • Kopite
« Reply #614 on: March 4, 2021, 11:06:50 pm »
I don't think some people here understand how catastrophic to miss out on top 4. Do you think our owners would magically shell put over 100 million to rebuild this team without CL football ?

Do you think our main players would want to stick around without top 4 ? I don't want to go back to the days of losing our key player in the summer.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: March 4, 2021, 11:06:52 pm »

Heavey metal football hasn't been played since Kiev, so your point is irrelevant. in fact, Klopp and the rest of the coaching staff has made tactical  adjustments and tweaks, which allowed him to produce two incredible seasons following that. So again your post about him being more of a motivator, is invalid as well.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #616 on: March 4, 2021, 11:06:58 pm »
It wasn't as bad as this guy Sarge, from the bloke that follows everyone round the forum telling them they're wrong.

Fucking hell, the Fifa boys are in full flight tonight. Klopp cried on TV when we won the title he knew what it meant and these fucking wankers come out with this shite.

Just fuck off and go follow City you clowns, not you John love you.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: March 4, 2021, 11:07:01 pm »
This is like that time when defacto and Jill turned on each other. Forum madness.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #618 on: March 4, 2021, 11:07:08 pm »
Maybe we'll have the opportunity to play him as the 6 this season, and I would love to see that, but I don't expect it. He was rusty tonight, understandable, but he was poor, and I don't think he would have performed much better in the midfield.
I think we’re at the point now where we might as well play Fabinho as the 6 alongside Wijnaldum and Keita / Jones. We’ve got nothing to lose so might as well go for broke. Ben Davies has fell off the planet despite being in training this week. Is Phillips now injured too?
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #619 on: March 4, 2021, 11:07:44 pm »
Something has to change, the way we're playing isn't working.  Fab needs to go back to the number 6 role and put Nat and Kabak at CB.

I wish the RAWK server was still down.

Haha me too, obviously it's frustrating at the moment, but there's some right dickheads tonight.

Offline lollysportswasher

• Wants us to accept the reality that Liverpool will never sign another player.
  • Kopite
« Reply #620 on: March 4, 2021, 11:08:16 pm »
Klopp saying his subs were to show respect to Ox and Milner for their hardwork in training... he also said 'naby would have made sense from a footballing sense' what am i hearing, we are trying to win a game ? Has Klopp given up on top 4 or what?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: March 4, 2021, 11:08:21 pm »
This is like that time when defacto and Jill turned on each other. Forum madness.

We made up in quick fashion  ;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: March 4, 2021, 11:08:22 pm »

It's okay I am pretty cool tonight.  ;D

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: March 4, 2021, 11:08:22 pm »
He's said as much himself. So have his players. It's the very reason he is so invested in the relationship between the team and the fans. It's heavy metal football because he finds excessive orchestration boring.

I'm surprised you find it so controversial, but maybe you could point to the tactical changes he's introduced to prevent a calamitous run of 5 successive home defeats and barely a shot on goal in any of them?

Shit happens. It's a farcical season, behind closed doors, beset by injuries, during a global pandemic with a manager who's just lost his Mum and couldn't even go to her funeral. Klopp can point to a league title, CL, World Club Championship, 97pts one season, 99pts the next ... and all on a comparative shoestring.

Can't think of a single manager in World football who could have done what he's done. Were he to leave we'd all recognise what we'd lost when a replacement gets nowhere near his achievements on the same budget.

We've been depressingly shit recently and it's frustrating - but over the course of the last few years he's shown plenty of ability to adapt and change it up. We didn't just carry on playing heavy mental football, Klopp changed it because it led to us coming up short. And his changes came off, bigtime.

Offline Circa1892

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: March 4, 2021, 11:08:25 pm »

Get Ox in hasn't been the answer since he did his knee against Roma. He's just not a very good footballer anymore sadly.

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #625 on: March 4, 2021, 11:08:28 pm »
We’ve been unlucky, but the squad needs investment and some players exited.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: March 4, 2021, 11:08:49 pm »
Feel bad for Robbo. It’s always him getting interviewed after every game. Must be getting sick of it.

Offline Cozzymoto

• Main Stander
« Reply #627 on: March 4, 2021, 11:09:21 pm »
It's like Klopps last year at Dortmund. Not that I want him to leave but we've fallen off a cliff. Needs to change it up.

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #628 on: March 4, 2021, 11:09:48 pm »
don't think you are a Liverpool supporter, really hope you aren't.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #629 on: March 4, 2021, 11:09:50 pm »
One bright spark tonight was Jota when he came on actually broke through the Chelsea lines he's going to be vital to us going forward.

And a young Scouser is turning into yet another Scouse star.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: March 4, 2021, 11:09:52 pm »
Everybody looks at football for escapism.  This season the players we're watching are looking for escapism.  They're going through the same shit we are, losing family, can't see loved ones, lack of liberty.  It's a horrible leveller.

We should be doing better, every professional in football is going through the same, the circumstances don't negate strange decisions, but the least Klopp deserves is a full season where people, including the players and staff, aren't worried shitless about things.  Having loads of money doesn't mean you don't worry about loved ones you have scattered around the world.

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #631 on: March 4, 2021, 11:09:58 pm »
We had the Wijnaldum header with five minutes to go.  Granted it's not a lot to show for over half the possession but it was an attempt on target.

Cheers Geoff 🎯
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #632 on: March 4, 2021, 11:10:03 pm »
We’ve been unlucky, but the squad needs investment and some players exited.

Who have United lost for a combined total of 493 days? Apart from Pogba, they’ve barely had any short-term injuries never mind long term.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: March 4, 2021, 11:10:16 pm »

Rawk shutting threads ✔️

Have we censored you Dan? Not really as you're having your free say in this thread. It wasn't just the Mods, but long standing posters said years ago we shouldn't even have player threads because they easily turn vicious when someone has a bad game. A locked thread protects people from their own reactions.

Surely you get that?

Use the post match thread. Ta.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2021, 11:15:07 pm by John C »

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: March 4, 2021, 11:10:17 pm »
Klopp needs help. He needs better assistants.

When everyone is fit it's easier to keep playing the same style and you don't need to change much but when we needed something different our coaching staff failed. Our front 3 played together for a long time yet most games they look lost and don't know what to do ? and some games we just keep crossing nothing else ? Not only our attacking players are struggling also the coaches.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2021, 11:12:00 pm by Egyptian36 »

Offline Circa1892

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: March 4, 2021, 11:10:17 pm »
Feel bad for Robbo. It’s always him getting interviewed after every game. Must be getting sick of it.

Another reason he needs the armband when the captains are out.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: March 4, 2021, 11:10:28 pm »
Who have United lost for a combined total of 493 days? Apart from Pogba, they’ve barely had any short-term injuries never mind long term.

Phil Jones and world class player Rojo.

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #637 on: March 4, 2021, 11:11:08 pm »
Klopp has given the reason why he was subbed tonight.
Didn't see his interview. I still don't think I'll agree with him. I think I read that he said he was feeling the pace of the game, I still don't agree with the decision. Mané was ineffective and seemed to be struggling with the pace himself. All of Klopp's substitutions baffled me tonight, as he says himself he doesn't always get the decisions right so maybe tonight was one of those nights?  Anyway on to Fulham at the weekend, I still haven't given up hope on the top 4. Fixtures aren't too bad and Klopp has pulled many a rabbit out of his hat since he's been at Anfield.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2021, 11:15:06 pm by KissThisGuy »

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #638 on: March 4, 2021, 11:12:31 pm »

Rawk shutting threads ✔️

Are you one of the ones in the ground who leaves early in the 80th minute to get your 'bus' so that you can beat the traffic home?  You missed Gini's effort 'on target' in the 85th minute.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: March 4, 2021, 11:12:52 pm »
Can you tell us all what he was thinking tactically making those subs and why you aren't a world class manager, given you know better than Jurgen? Fucking gobshites galore don't have a rashers yet think they are fucking experts.

I have no idea what he was thinking with the subs, I don't really criticize his subs as I can see the reasoning behind it in most cases. Today I couldn't. 

Salah is our  biggest goal threat. He was taken off with 30 minutes to go. He says he wants to protect him and I understand that, but perhaps that could be done against Fulham? Moving on to Ox, who has been ineffective in all his cameos since his injury. This also wasn't the game for him to exploit the opposition as he's not effective breaking down a disciplined side. he's great in open space.

keita on the other hand excels in driving the ball, and progressing the ball.

The last sub which was Milner, again didn't make sense to me as Milner is ineffective with such little time left.

Again, I don't usually have problems with his subs, and I've never really commented on it in recent history, today I was puzzled by the logic of it.

Ultimately they were ineffective subs as they made no impact on the game. Now had they been for fitness issues, that I can understand.