Author Topic: Caoimhín Kelleher  (Read 168886 times)

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
Re: Caoimhín Kelleher
« Reply #280 on: December 7, 2020, 09:41:41 am »
Do we finally have a decent backup goalie eh?

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: December 7, 2020, 09:58:14 am »

two apparently

The lad had a great week and long may it last.
So many positives and his interview at the end was excellent

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: December 7, 2020, 11:04:04 am »

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: December 7, 2020, 11:06:55 am »

Yeah, Alisson's decent enough

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: December 7, 2020, 11:08:31 am »

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #285 on: December 7, 2020, 11:18:11 am »
Cork-born Kelleher, who has jumped ahead of Adrian in the pecking order under Jurgen Klopp, was going for a trial at Manchester United back in 2015 when then Liverpool academy defender Conor Masterson, who currently plays for Queens Park Rangers, urged coaching staff to also take a look at him. The pair had played together for the Republic of Ireland at youth level.

Academy scout Matt Newbury got involved and Kelleher was invited to spend some time at the Kirkby academy. Then 17, he impressed with how assured he was with the ball at his feet but the feeling was that physically he still had a lot of developing to do. The Athletic understands that what convinced Liverpool to take a punt on him was that he could be signed from Ringmahon Rangers for just £30,000. If the fee had been much higher they would considered it too big a risk.

https://theathletic.com/2241976/2020/12/07/ornstein-szoboszlai-fans-manchester-liverpool-nfl/
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: December 7, 2020, 11:20:34 am »
Is Caoimhin a medicine name?

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: December 7, 2020, 11:47:57 am »

That save gets better the more you look at it. He read the flight of the ball perfectly.

The other one too, when it looked like he was going to try to catch it but realised it was out of reach so calmly and strongly pushed it out of harm’s way.

Plus a couple of really impressive and confident takes in the air that he made look much easier than they were.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #288 on: December 7, 2020, 12:13:44 pm »
His all round decision making was flawless last night. Really did not look out of place at all.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #289 on: December 7, 2020, 12:38:50 pm »
Alisson is brittle enough so our back up keeper will play upwards of a dozen games a season

That may work in Kelleher’s favour then. If Alisson played in practically every match then Kelleher would only be used for some of the cup games. He looks too good for that and would probably look for a first team place somewhere. But if Alisson keeps missing games then that will keep Kelleher happy and he looks more than capable of being a really good option.
#JFT97

Offline stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: December 7, 2020, 12:42:09 pm »
It warms the cockles of my heart when I see the mussels he's developed. The world can be his oyster if he doesn't retreat into his shell.

I’m glad you weren’t shellfish and shared your puns.
#JFT97

Offline stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: December 7, 2020, 12:46:52 pm »
He needs to frame this photo.

#JFT97

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: December 7, 2020, 12:49:08 pm »
Very composed, mature start so far, footwork has been exceptional.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: December 7, 2020, 12:53:30 pm »
I love that save as it highlights his quick feet which is such an understated quality for a keeper. Reina was really quick across the ground.

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #294 on: December 7, 2020, 12:53:37 pm »
Anyone got a clip of the volleyed pass he did from a tricky bouncing ball back? I thought he had shanked it but it travelled perfectly between the Wolves players and to the feet of Bobby or Gini (?), was exceptional.

Offline dirks digglers

• Kopite
« Reply #295 on: December 7, 2020, 12:59:52 pm »
It’s funny, in the pre-match coverage they showed Wolves’s shooting drills and Podence pulled off that exact finish he tried with the chip over Kelleher. Great save.

It’s interesting with keepers, so much is about giving that perception of calm authority. Caoimhín looks like he absolutely has that. Ali had it from the start even with a couple of errors with ball at feet and without necessarily having to make world class saves. It’s not like you’d say Ali constantly makes world class saves now (rarely needs to in truth) but the calm colossus impression is locked in. It’s early days and not comparing the two, but that sense of zen assurance is so vital.
If you can’t understand it without an explanation, you can’t understand it with an explanation.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #296 on: December 7, 2020, 04:27:29 pm »
It’s funny, in the pre-match coverage they showed Wolves’s shooting drills and Podence pulled off that exact finish he tried with the chip over Kelleher. Great save.

It’s interesting with keepers, so much is about giving that perception of calm authority. Caoimhín looks like he absolutely has that. Ali had it from the start even with a couple of errors with ball at feet and without necessarily having to make world class saves. It’s not like you’d say Ali constantly makes world class saves now (rarely needs to in truth) but the calm colossus impression is locked in. It’s early days and not comparing the two, but that sense of zen assurance is so vital.
He is so chilled and move so slowly I sometimes worry he might doze off during a match. Sloth like movements except when it comes to making a safe. He will have a long life.

Just wonder why didn’t we promote him ahead of Adrian much sooner.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: December 7, 2020, 04:42:06 pm »
What a bonus it's been to have Kelleher come through. We're so blessed to be Liverpool supporters right now
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: December 7, 2020, 05:11:44 pm »

If you remember back to the start of last season, he was already out injured even before Alisson got crocked, I presume that’s a large part of why we brought Adrian in as emergency cover. Lucky we did, really.

There’s also a question of whether Kelleher was really ready for it this time last year, so an experienced backup was needed, especially since we’d just sold Mignolet too. You can get away with playing raw youth to some extent with outfield positions, but maybe less so with keepers.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #299 on: December 7, 2020, 05:39:42 pm »
If you remember back to the start of last season, he was already out injured even before Alisson got crocked, I presume that’s a large part of why we brought Adrian in as emergency cover. Lucky we did, really.

There’s also a question of whether Kelleher was really ready for it this time last year, so an experienced backup was needed, especially since we’d just sold Mignolet too. You can get away with playing raw youth to some extent with outfield positions, but maybe less so with keepers.
I see.

Then what a big difference a year has made.

Obviously 2 games is a small sample size but I remember Karius played his first 2 games for us and I was mehhhh

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: December 7, 2020, 06:39:44 pm »
I see.

Then what a big difference a year has made.

Obviously 2 games is a small sample size but I remember Karius played his first 2 games for us and I was mehhhh

I’m just guessing/speculating, mind. Apart from the bit about him being injured at the start of last season, which is a known fact.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: December 8, 2020, 12:49:03 am »
I feel so much calmer with Kelleher in than Adrian, and I think the defence does too. Goes a long way.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #302 on: December 8, 2020, 04:34:47 am »
I feel so much calmer with Kelleher in than Adrian, and I think the defence does too. Goes a long way.
Even if Adrian goes this summer, we still have Karius.  :D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: December 8, 2020, 04:47:42 am »
Even if Adrian goes this summer, we still have Karius.  :D

Unless we extend his contract, we won't have Karius.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #304 on: December 8, 2020, 05:26:52 am »
Unless we extend his contract, we won't have Karius.
Thought he had another year...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline LFCobsessive

• Main Stander
  • 'No more half-measures.'
« Reply #305 on: December 8, 2020, 11:10:12 am »
Well done Caoimhin, you've exceeded anything expected, we would of admired you even if there were errors in these two games. Absolutely great and professional displays. If a goalie makes me feel comfortable, I know he's good.
'Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt. We don't need to motivate players because each of them is responsible for the performance of the team as a whole. The status of Liverpool's players keeps them motivated.'
Bill Shankly.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #306 on: December 8, 2020, 11:26:38 am »
Yeah, really comforting to see this lad over the last week or so. Add to that Jones increasingly showing class and maturity in midfield - all bodes well.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #307 on: December 8, 2020, 11:28:29 am »
Hopefully, the kids looks good, assured and confident.

Time will tell I suppose how good he is, we will see if/when we have a difficult game or two how he reacts to some serious pressure.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #308 on: December 8, 2020, 11:35:39 am »

He was actually not very good last season in the actual shot stopping department, the strides he’s made the last few months are nothing short of incredible.

Anyway, good for Kelleher, but I hope Adrian isn’t just remembered for the mistakes. The poor part of all this the past few days, is it’s become a ‘thing’ to use how good Kelleher has been as a dig at Adrian.

He helped win Liverpool the league last season, as well as the Super Cup. That is what is worth remembering about his time here.

Offline dutchkop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: December 8, 2020, 11:51:40 am »
Well done Caoimhin, you've exceeded anything expected, we would of admired you even if there were errors in these two games. Absolutely great and professional displays. If a goalie makes me feel comfortable, I know he's good.

Pleased for the lad and the club that we have potentially a great young keeper. Less pressure in Jan or next summer to buy a good number 2. We need to be careful that we do not put too much pressure on the lad.

good luck again tomorrow Kelleher!

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #310 on: December 8, 2020, 12:04:30 pm »
Anyone got a clip of the volleyed pass he did from a tricky bouncing ball back? I thought he had shanked it but it travelled perfectly between the Wolves players and to the feet of Bobby or Gini (?), was exceptional.

Do you know roughly when in the match it was? Should be able to fish it out.

Offline dutchkop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: December 8, 2020, 12:11:17 pm »

Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

is it in this clip?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7nqMdAQgO0

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #312 on: December 8, 2020, 12:51:13 pm »

Only very roughly. Later in the first half I think, never mind if you need to trawl through the match to find it.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #313 on: December 8, 2020, 02:17:58 pm »
2nd best keeper on Merseyside.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: December 9, 2020, 11:51:40 pm »
Another good game tonight. I loved the punch right at the end where he was totally committed.
#JFT97

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: December 10, 2020, 12:59:30 am »
He was actually not very good last season in the actual shot stopping department, the strides he’s made the last few months are nothing short of incredible.

Anyway, good for Kelleher, but I hope Adrian isn’t just remembered for the mistakes. The poor part of all this the past few days, is it’s become a ‘thing’ to use how good Kelleher has been as a dig at Adrian.

He helped win Liverpool the league last season, as well as the Super Cup. That is what is worth remembering about his time here.
Yep, he played a quarter of our league season. That’s a huge part he played in #19.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: December 10, 2020, 06:19:00 am »

I will remember Adrian for that for sure, and i said many times that he gave a massive contribution for that successful season that we've won the league.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: December 10, 2020, 10:09:47 am »
Yep, he played a quarter of our league season. That’s a huge part he played in #19.

We won every league match he played in?

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #318 on: December 10, 2020, 10:12:59 am »
He's done really well. In these last 3 games we haven't really missed Becker at all. Very impressed.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #319 on: December 10, 2020, 01:22:04 pm »
One slight and it's only slight criticism is I think he could've made his mind up to come out for the penalty a second quicker. I think he hesitated for a split second although that was partly cause by the centreback going for the ball. Other than that another strong performance.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.