Author Topic: Caoimhín Kelleher  (Read 168884 times)

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Caoimhín Kelleher
« Reply #240 on: December 6, 2020, 10:02:10 pm »
the difference between him and Adrian is light years. Adrian is a great keeper but he cannot play in a high line and he is not comfortable with the ball at his feet. I thought he was fantastic today, calmness personified!

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #241 on: December 6, 2020, 10:02:54 pm »
If he continues at this level, we'll finally have the two high quality keepers we all hope for. No more massive drop off.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #242 on: December 6, 2020, 10:03:43 pm »
Probably the greatest Irishman since Daniel O'Connell. Or Daniel O'Donnell.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: December 6, 2020, 10:04:34 pm »
the difference between him and Adrian is light years. Adrian is a great keeper but he cannot play in a high line and he is not comfortable with the ball at his feet. I thought he was fantastic today, calmness personified!
Adrian's name should really be kept out of this thread, but if he is to be mentioned, at least it should be based on some sort of common sense reality.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #244 on: December 6, 2020, 10:12:50 pm »
Love it when kids get a chance and show just how good they are.

He isn’t getting ahead of Alisson though. And no 2 with little games isn’t going to develop him. So it makes for a tough call at some point.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #245 on: December 6, 2020, 10:13:56 pm »
He's only played 6 games for our first team and kept a clean sheet in all 4 different tournaments. Incredible stat.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #246 on: December 6, 2020, 10:14:32 pm »
Thought the Queefmeister General was excellent again tonight. Good saves, good handling, calm on the ball.

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #247 on: December 6, 2020, 10:15:36 pm »
Alisson is brittle enough so our back up keeper will play upwards of a dozen games a season
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #248 on: December 6, 2020, 10:15:48 pm »
He's only played 6 games for our first team and kept a clean sheet in all 4 different tournaments. Incredible stat.

6 games, 4 clean sheets, 10 goals conceded. Can’t be many with stats like that! :D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #249 on: December 6, 2020, 10:18:14 pm »
6 games, 4 clean sheets, 10 goals conceded. Can’t be many with stats like that! :D
One was the 5-5 cup tie with Arse, wasn't it? And we won 5-4 on penalties with him being the hero. Were these the 9 goals he let in? And we still won that tie.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #250 on: December 6, 2020, 10:20:50 pm »
One was the 5-5 cup tie with Arse, wasn't it? And we won 5-4 on penalties with him being the hero. Were these the 9 goals he let in? And we still won that tie.

Yeah 5 there and 5 v Villa in the next round.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: December 6, 2020, 10:23:39 pm »
Yeah 5 there and 5 v Villa in the next round.
The latter game never happened.

;D

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: December 6, 2020, 10:24:23 pm »
Love it when kids get a chance and show just how good they are.

He isn’t getting ahead of Alisson though. And no 2 with little games isn’t going to develop him. So it makes for a tough call at some point.
Judging by Wednesday and tonight, he's already developed massively from what he looked like against Villa just 12 months ago. Right now he's 22 years old and has just become the no.2 keeper at the PL and still-World champions. The time for that "tough call" isn't for another couple of seasons.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #253 on: December 6, 2020, 10:27:02 pm »
Alisson is brittle enough so our back up keeper will play upwards of a dozen games a season
If he continues at this level and continues to improve then I'm pretty sure Klopp will play him even when Alisson is not injured. Proper elective rotation without massive drop off. The dream for any manager. The only reason he hasn't done so before is that the second choices haven't been good enough.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #254 on: December 6, 2020, 10:28:50 pm »
If he continues at this level and continues to improve then I'm pretty sure Klopp will play him even when Alisson is not injured. Proper elective rotation without massive drop off. The dream for any manager. The only reason he hasn't done so before is that the second choices haven't been good enough.

No he won’t. If Alisson is fit he starts. There won’t be any rotation.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: December 6, 2020, 10:29:46 pm »
That doesn't make any sense to me. What would be the reason to rotate a keeper? They don't run much to manage the minutes on their legs. You simply put the best keeper that suits your game and stick with him. That gives a sense of stability to the ever-rotating defense as well.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: December 6, 2020, 10:29:48 pm »
Yeah ok Jurgen

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #257 on: December 6, 2020, 10:30:08 pm »
Just watch - IF he's good enough, that is.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #258 on: December 6, 2020, 10:30:21 pm »
Judging by Wednesday and tonight, he's already developed massively from what he looked like against Villa just 12 months ago. Right now he's 22 years old and has just become the no.2 keeper at the PL and still-World champions. The time for that "tough call" isn't for another couple of seasons.

Oh I agree it’s a bit away, but at some point for the development of him it’ll need to happen. Sort of like Courtois did. 

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #259 on: December 6, 2020, 10:31:34 pm »
Yeah ok Jurgen

Come on. Name another time the best keeper in the world was rotated when he was fit.

Name me a time a top 10 keeper was rotated when fit even.

The idea is farcical. Sure, he’ll play cup games but that’s it.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: December 6, 2020, 10:32:13 pm »
I think there'll be a few PL games, domestic cups aside, either side of CL KOs and against cannon fodder, where  Klopp won't hesitate to put Kelleher in.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: December 6, 2020, 10:33:15 pm »
Come on. Name another time the best keeper in the world was rotated when he was fit.

Name me a time a top 10 keeper was rotated when fit even.

The idea is farcical. Sure, he’ll play cup games but that’s it.
It's not just about being fit. It's about staying fit, whilst safely developing a young No.2 for use or loan/sale much further down the line.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2020, 10:34:51 pm by rossipersempre »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #262 on: December 6, 2020, 10:34:06 pm »
I think there'll be a few PL games, domestic cups aside, either side of CL KOs and against cannon fodder, where  Klopp won't hesitate to put Kelleher in.

He wouldn’t hesitate because he knows he’s good enough. But he’s not gonna a do it unless there is an injury concern. It just doesn’t happen.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #263 on: December 6, 2020, 10:35:17 pm »
Alisson will make a fine number two.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #264 on: December 6, 2020, 10:35:35 pm »
Yeah, I think so, too - if he's deemed good enough. He's had a great couple of games and we should all talk him up because...well, why shouldn't we be happy and positive about a player playing well? But ultimately it will be about how he contnues to develop and if he maintains consistency

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: December 6, 2020, 10:36:03 pm »
He wouldn’t hesitate because he knows he’s good enough. But he’s not gonna a do it unless there is an injury concern. It just doesn’t happen.
He'll do it if it protects Alisson against a knock at the weekend to ensure he's ok for a second-leg QF in the CL the following week.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: December 6, 2020, 10:41:30 pm »
For anyone struggling with his name its pronounced cleen-sheet.

:wellin

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: December 6, 2020, 10:49:38 pm »

Put down the bevvies mate. Alisson is #1 and will be for the entire length of his LFC career.

Irish Buffon has played less than 10 first team games and is 22. He'll have his time as #1 at some other club if he proves himself good enough.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #268 on: December 6, 2020, 10:51:49 pm »
Put down the bevvies mate. Alisson is #1 and will be for the entire length of his LFC career.

Irish Buffon has played less than 10 first team games and is 22. He'll have his time as #1 at some other club if he proves himself good enough.
Just checked, nope ,never said he would be No.1 ahead of Alisson. Hang on, I'll check once more just to be safe  :P

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: December 6, 2020, 11:06:42 pm »
For me, the true test for a young keeper isn't just their shot-stopping ability, but how well they deal with crosses into the box. So far, Kelleher has dealt with every cross confidently and sensibly. No flapping. No wandering into no man's land. No being glued to his line when the ball is within reach. You love to see it.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #270 on: December 6, 2020, 11:31:20 pm »
I grinned a little after the cl game because we were all so happy at his display he was up on a pedestal already, and i thought it was good display but the main actual difference was that he got rid in a hurry as required.

I'm gonna amend that already--with both feet. He is very comfortable kicking long or short with both feet. That is well superior in that aspect.

and again, watching his training clips ive settled on young tall and very quick as the best description of the young lad so its very promising early doors. Young age for a goalie though.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: December 6, 2020, 11:32:05 pm »
Serious footballer this boy.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #272 on: December 7, 2020, 12:02:07 am »

Yeah, the scary thing is that Alisson is only 6 years older than Kelleher. Unless he's happy to play second string he'll undoubtedly move on, however if the club play it smart he'll do so in about 3 years time, on a 5 year deal and with a tidy buyback clause.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: December 7, 2020, 01:54:29 am »
Need to give him a deal to stick around as our second keeper. He's gonna be turning heads soon from other clubs.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: December 7, 2020, 04:56:45 am »
Need to give him a deal to stick around as our second keeper. He's gonna be turning heads soon from other clubs.

It's why no.2 goalies are such a pain in the arse. They're either good enough to get snapped up by other high level side as their no.1 or they're not quite at the level you want if they have to step in for a run of games. You've basically got to offer him more than a club would pay to have him as their no.1.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #275 on: December 7, 2020, 05:13:44 am »
He just turned 22 last month. I think if he stays with us for another year or two then it will be great for him, I do feel he will eventually move on for first team football.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: December 7, 2020, 05:21:13 am »
Alisson is undisputed number 1 and way above in many areas. But, good to have this guy as a number 2. Feels nice to not have keeper problems as a Liverpool fan. How many have we had over the years where we couldn't say the same.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: December 7, 2020, 06:29:49 am »
With all the injuries and all this shite situation, having a safe pair of hands without investing a penny - Klopp must be chuffed. He brings calmness to the defensive line, unlike Adrian does the opposite.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #278 on: December 7, 2020, 08:26:48 am »
very impressed with this young lad, not just the keeping between the sticks, which is on point, but his clamness, ease with the ball at his feet, defenders wont be worry about what's going on behind them
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: December 7, 2020, 08:40:10 am »
very impressed with this young lad, not just the keeping between the sticks, which is on point, but his clamness, ease with the ball at his feet, defenders wont be worry about what's going on behind them

It warms the cockles of my heart when I see the mussels he's developed. The world can be his oyster if he doesn't retreat into his shell.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258