Author Topic: Next European Away?  (Read 63047 times)

Offline Max100

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Next European Away?
« Reply #520 on: April 13, 2022, 12:05:30 am »
Need to win the Benfica tie first before we speculate about how many tickets we may or may not get for Villarreal. If anything, the Madrid/Chelsea and the Munich/Villarreal games have shown that nothing can be taken for granted.

Offline scouser100000

• Kemlynite
« Reply #521 on: April 13, 2022, 12:43:19 am »
I bet a few reds booked cheap flights to Munich a couple of weeks back.

Yep - we did. Got very lucky though as just spotted EasyJet have cancelled the direct flights from Manchester that we booked so due a full refund!

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #522 on: April 13, 2022, 12:44:09 am »
Need to win the Benfica tie first before we speculate about how many tickets we may or may not get for Villarreal. If anything, the Madrid/Chelsea and the Munich/Villarreal games have shown that nothing can be taken for granted.

Fair point. But always better to look ahead. Booked and covered my trip with £2 on Benfica to win the tie at 50/1.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 01:25:35 am by Barry Banana »
Long live the King

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #523 on: April 13, 2022, 12:46:09 am »
anyone book Paris yet? ;)
YNWA

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #524 on: April 13, 2022, 06:18:29 am »

Booked hotel the day it was confirmed they moved the final, but with free cancellation.

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: April 13, 2022, 06:59:41 am »

Eurostar booked a month ago which can be swapped to another date ( to spoil the missus in the future ) and a hotel with free cancellation

Offline Gladbach73

• Anny Roader
« Reply #526 on: April 13, 2022, 07:25:10 am »
As soon as the final venue was changed, I booked a hotel for four nights with booking.com free cancellation, and booked the Eurostar.
"If Everton were playing in my back garden, I'd close the curtains"

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #527 on: April 13, 2022, 07:31:26 am »
I've two hotel rooms booked on free cancellation from a month ago. I booked flights last night
YNWA

Offline RandalstownRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #528 on: April 13, 2022, 08:19:53 am »
Getting ahead of myself here but can anyome remember the rough price of charter flights to madrid to estimate paris?

Offline ewok-red-97

• Main Stander
  • go easy, step lightly, stay free
« Reply #529 on: April 13, 2022, 08:21:35 am »
What are the chances of Villarreal away dropping to all STH?

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: April 13, 2022, 08:47:21 am »

I would say zero. But hard to gauge this season.
2k allocation for a CL semi, 3.5k ish have a credit from 19/20

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #531 on: April 13, 2022, 09:59:54 am »
very little I'd say, all the aways this year seem to have sold the first 1.5-2k well plus hospitality etc will be all over this, Bayern could've had a chance. Does mean if they count this for the credit nearly an extra 1000 in the ballot pool

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: April 13, 2022, 10:02:44 am »
booked hotel with free cancellation when announced and had a scan of travel last night, plenty of options, bus from Brussels is only about 12 each way so that's the route I'm thinking ATM, although flights from Liverpool/Manchester coming in at 190-200 going Friday back Sunday which isn't bad

Offline pl_kop_1969

• Main Stander
« Reply #533 on: April 13, 2022, 12:20:40 pm »

Booked hotel and flights as soon as the change was announced. Hotels on booking.com were expensive but went direct to the Ibis site and got one up near the ground. Just over £160 for triple room, 26-29 May with free cancellation.

Booked flights with Air France, Manchester to Paris same dates, about £170 each. As they were booked before end of February, I can cancel and get a free refund for any reason.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #534 on: April 13, 2022, 02:10:52 pm »
very little I'd say, all the aways this year seem to have sold the first 1.5-2k well plus hospitality etc will be all over this, Bayern could've had a chance. Does mean if they count this for the credit nearly an extra 1000 in the ballot pool

Isn’t it normally that 7 games gets you a ticket? Rest in ballot? Assuming more may have 7 because the aways have dropped/more have got to go?

A long way to go of course just trying to work it out - all I normally know is I come nearly dead last in the ballots haha.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: April 13, 2022, 02:13:43 pm »
Isn’t it normally that 7 games gets you a ticket? Rest in ballot? Assuming more may have 7 because the aways have dropped/more have got to go?

A long way to go of course just trying to work it out - all I normally know is I come nearly dead last in the ballots haha.

None of the aways (so far) have carried a credit.

I don't expect the semi to either. Maybe if it was bayern it would have.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: April 13, 2022, 02:18:55 pm »

aways haven't counted so far

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: April 13, 2022, 02:19:24 pm »

if they use 19/20 would be more guaranteed and less in ballot so I'm hoping they count this

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #538 on: April 13, 2022, 02:46:44 pm »

Ah ok. Thanks for clarifying. I thought them not counting was just for future use and might apply for the final. Assume they’ll use 19/20 then as posted above

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #539 on: April 13, 2022, 02:56:35 pm »
They'll likely use Roma 2018 or Barcelona 2019 as the credit for any ballot as that's the last proper season with an ideal allocation really.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: April 13, 2022, 03:02:32 pm »
What about the 5k free final tickets UEFA are dishing out?
Gonna be a shitstorm on RAWK that if we reach the final 😂
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: April 13, 2022, 03:09:57 pm »
They'll likely use Roma 2018 or Barcelona 2019 as the credit for any ballot as that's the last proper season with an ideal allocation really.
shite that big allocations those

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: April 13, 2022, 03:10:21 pm »
What about the 5k free final tickets UEFA are dishing out?
Gonna be a shitstorm on RAWK that if we reach the final 😂
ideally they'd be put in the ballot just as part of the overall allocation

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #543 on: April 13, 2022, 03:10:43 pm »
booked hotel with free cancellation when announced and had a scan of travel last night, plenty of options, bus from Brussels is only about 12 each way so that's the route I'm thinking ATM, although flights from Liverpool/Manchester coming in at 190-200 going Friday back Sunday which isn't bad
I booked out of Dublin and into edinburgh where I need to go anyway 28-29th for 200
YNWA

Offline Icky

• Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Road
« Reply #544 on: April 13, 2022, 03:18:26 pm »
The problem is its never been a single away that gets the final ticket, its 7 games from 12 (which in 99% cases is a single away + homes).
If you bring in 2019/20 season, you will need to bring in 2019/20 season homes as well surely? So looking more like 11 from 20 gets a final ticket.
If you think they will go back to 2018/19, were into silly numbers 17 from 32 games!!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: April 13, 2022, 03:32:54 pm »
The problem is its never been a single away that gets the final ticket, its 7 games from 12 (which in 99% cases is a single away + homes).
If you bring in 2019/20 season, you will need to bring in 2019/20 season homes as well surely? So looking more like 11 from 20 gets a final ticket.
If you think they will go back to 2018/19, were into silly numbers 17 from 32 games!!
I think using 19/20 aways is the fairest if they don't wanna go everyone in the ballot

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #546 on: April 13, 2022, 03:37:36 pm »

I agree with this, if they go back to previous seasons for aways then surely they should be including home games

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: April 13, 2022, 03:47:47 pm »
I agree with this, if they go back to previous seasons for aways then surely they should be including home games
both league cup and fa cup have been using this year's homes I don't see any reason to do it for UCL, considering most who have any 19/20 away probably have all homes anyway or Will get a ticket for Villarreal so guaranteed if that counts

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #548 on: April 13, 2022, 04:20:31 pm »
both league cup and fa cup have been using this year's homes I don't see any reason to do it for UCL, considering most who have any 19/20 away probably have all homes anyway or Will get a ticket for Villarreal so guaranteed if that counts

Yeah but didn’t they use this seasons aways for both domestic comps for the LC final and FA cup Semi? Not sure

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: April 13, 2022, 04:33:51 pm »
Yeah but didn’t they use this seasons aways for both domestic comps for the LC final and FA cup Semi? Not sure
yeah they did use this season's aways, they won't count for next season but counted for this, the UCL aways have counted for nothing

Offline Icky

• Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Road
« Reply #550 on: April 13, 2022, 04:37:20 pm »
They set off with different rules for domestic to the euro. They used this years homes and aways in both LC and FA, but so far have stated that Euro aways don’t count this year.
They could throw a real spanner in and make the semi away a qualifying game, with such a low allocation that could be a problem for many away travellers.
All guess work, so let’s get past tonight!!!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: April 13, 2022, 04:42:31 pm »
They set off with different rules for domestic to the euro. They used this years homes and aways in both LC and FA, but so far have stated that Euro aways don’t count this year.
They could throw a real spanner in and make the semi away a qualifying game, with such a low allocation that could be a problem for many away travellers.
All guess work, so let’s get past tonight!!!
no reason they couldn't make Villarreal count, using 1 away from 19/20 is probably a fairer option though

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: April 13, 2022, 04:54:39 pm »
Looking at dates, IF we progress tonight, 1st leg at Anfield Wednesday 27th? as we play the Sunday before? Away leg Tuesday 3rd?
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline Icky

• Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Road
« Reply #553 on: April 13, 2022, 04:56:41 pm »
no reason they couldn't make Villarreal count, using 1 away from 19/20 is probably a fairer option though
Agreed, but it would split the away regulars in half with such a small allocation. Me included as I generally qualify for 2500+ allocations, this will be less!

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #554 on: April 13, 2022, 05:03:40 pm »
Looking at dates, IF we progress tonight, 1st leg at Anfield Wednesday 27th? as we play the Sunday before? Away leg Tuesday 3rd?

Apparently we can play the 26th as well if we go through, which would mean the derby would then be the 26th on a Saturday
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: April 13, 2022, 05:20:32 pm »
Agreed, but it would split the away regulars in half with such a small allocation. Me included as I generally qualify for 2500+ allocations, this will be less!
yeah that's why 19/20 would be farier imo, although selfishly using Villarreal would mean more ballot tickets

Offline Gladbach73

• Anny Roader
« Reply #556 on: April 13, 2022, 05:46:37 pm »
Only the selling arrangements for Porto away carried a caveat that the game wouldn’t count to future seasons credits AND Would not be used for this season. However , both Milan games only said they wouldn’t count towards future seasons, there was nothing about not being used for this season. But we need to get thro tonight first, then overcome Villareal and see what happens. They could revert to using the last two Semi finals in Europe if we reach the final, but it’s just guesswork, and there’s a long way to go.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: April 13, 2022, 05:50:52 pm »
Only the selling arrangements for Porto away carried a caveat that the game wouldn’t count to future seasons credits AND Would not be used for this season. However , both Milan games only said they wouldn’t count towards future seasons, there was nothing about not being used for this season. But we need to get thro tonight first, then overcome Villareal and see what happens. They could revert to using the last two Semi finals in Europe if we reach the final, but it’s just guesswork, and there’s a long way to go.

This is directly from the inter selling details

As a result of the ongoing pandemic impact, WE WILL NOT BE USING THIS GAME AS A CREDIT DURING THE CURRENT SEASON EITHER. We do not want supporters to feel obliged to travel when they do not feel comfortable doing so. This policy will be reviewed on a game-by game basis during the competition this season, with details provided ahead of each game.

Offline Gladbach73

• Anny Roader
« Reply #558 on: April 13, 2022, 05:53:29 pm »
This is directly from the inter selling details

As a result of the ongoing pandemic impact, WE WILL NOT BE USING THIS GAME AS A CREDIT DURING THE CURRENT SEASON EITHER. We do not want supporters to feel obliged to travel when they do not feel comfortable doing so. This policy will be reviewed on a game-by game basis during the competition this season, with details provided ahead of each game.

I don’t remember seeing that part, so if that’s correct I stand corrected. Does anyone know if any of the earlier games. I.e AC Milan backwards to the group games, had the same ?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: April 13, 2022, 05:54:37 pm »
they have said in every selling notice the credits won't count, so unless they go back on this they won't count