Author Topic: Kostas Tsimikas  (Read 252254 times)

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Re: Kostas Tsimikas
« Reply #440 on: January 12, 2021, 12:53:35 pm »
:)

It’ll never not dumbfound me that people think there’s an omnipotent being micro managing their lives ... ‘yes I’ve got to monitor the collapse of this Dwarf Star but I must remember to help rehabilitate the knee of Liverpool’s back up left back’
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

this

Offline LFCobsessive

• Main Stander
  • 'No more half-measures.'
« Reply #441 on: January 12, 2021, 02:45:24 pm »
Good call, trying him at CB, for some reason I never even considered it. Worth a go, if we don't sign any peeps this window. This player seems really good, haven't seen him much so far though. Could be a way for him to get playing time if he can adapt to CB for the season. Seems a pity when you have a decent player but won't be able to get games because we have Robbo, the joint best player of the season with Fab. 5 foot 8? Still doable maybe, with clever positioning if he can't get up higher for headers.
'Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt. We don't need to motivate players because each of them is responsible for the performance of the team as a whole. The status of Liverpool's players keeps them motivated.'
Bill Shankly.

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #442 on: January 15, 2021, 08:27:04 am »
Ive mentioned him at CB a few times, i think that will happen. He has the pace but cannot judge his defensive capabilities

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: January 15, 2021, 09:22:12 am »
Ive mentioned him at CB a few times, i think that will happen. He has the pace but cannot judge his defensive capabilities

I was thinking more that Robbo comes up in as CB and Tsimikas as left back
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: January 15, 2021, 09:24:22 am »

An option but you are then loosing the best LB in the world, even more risky when has been our stand out player this season

Offline Naby Lad

• Kopite
« Reply #445 on: January 15, 2021, 09:38:25 am »

Robbo’a too good. We’re going to be compromised one way already so at least leave the best LB at LB and have the issue only at CB.
Champions

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #446 on: January 15, 2021, 10:26:10 am »
Robbo’a too good. We’re going to be compromised one way already so at least leave the best LB at LB and have the issue only at CB.

It's getting ridiculous now. Got the best left back and holding midfielder in the game, let's play them at centre back for half a season so we don't have to buy anyone.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #447 on: January 15, 2021, 03:17:04 pm »
:)

It’ll never not dumbfound me that people think there’s an omnipotent being micro managing their lives ... ‘yes I’ve got to monitor the collapse of this Dwarf Star but I must remember to help rehabilitate the knee of Liverpool’s back up left back’

But then, who prays for the Dwarf Star?  ;)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #448 on: January 15, 2021, 07:08:28 pm »
Back in training

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: January 15, 2021, 07:16:11 pm »
It's getting ridiculous now. Got the best left back and holding midfielder in the game, let's play them at centre back for half a season so we don't have to buy anyone.

You say that like the person who suggested it is Michael Edwards

But yeah Robbo is too important going forward for us and not sure he'd make a good CB anyway. And we don't really know how good Tsimikas is really yet too.

Offline Naby Lad

• Kopite
« Reply #450 on: January 15, 2021, 07:25:36 pm »
Expect he’ll start United in the cup then.
Champions

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: January 15, 2021, 07:26:28 pm »
You say that like the person who suggested it is Michael Edwards

But yeah Robbo is too important going forward for us and not sure he'd make a good CB anyway. And we don't really know how good Tsimikas is really yet too.

Just basing it on what Robbo said. That he might have to fill in.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: January 15, 2021, 07:43:58 pm »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #453 on: January 15, 2021, 07:45:06 pm »
The haunted look of a left back that might have to fill in at centre half.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: January 15, 2021, 07:47:09 pm »
You could just say he looks stoned fatty.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: January 15, 2021, 07:54:31 pm »
Back in training

Klopp said Tsimikas and Jota had similar injuries. Hopefully Jota isnt that far away.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #456 on: January 15, 2021, 08:00:39 pm »
You could just say he looks stoned fatty.

You should be stoned.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #457 on: January 15, 2021, 08:17:52 pm »
Good call, trying him at CB, for some reason I never even considered it. Worth a go, if we don't sign any peeps this window. This player seems really good, haven't seen him much so far though. Could be a way for him to get playing time if he can adapt to CB for the season. Seems a pity when you have a decent player but won't be able to get games because we have Robbo, the joint best player of the season with Fab. 5 foot 8? Still doable maybe, with clever positioning if he can't get up higher for headers.
He's 5'10", and I'm sure he could do a job at LCB occasionally if we don't buy anyone. Mascherano was only 5'8" and was boss at CB for Barca in his later years.

If Matip stayed fit we'd then have the option of playing him next to Tsimikas, and moving Fabinho forward with Thiago and Henderson/Wijnaldum. That changes the whole dynamic of the team and moves us further up the pitch whilst allowing Thiago to also play further forward. Fabinho can help cover the CB's and Trent/Robbo can bomb forward more often.

Then we win number 20. Simple  :)
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #458 on: January 15, 2021, 08:25:50 pm »
Not being good in the air is a huge problem, so I would say no.
I bet if you played Thiago at CB he'd outjump most strikers. It's as much about the timing and leap as it is about the height - I say that as a 5'7" short-arse that used to play as a defender.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
« Reply #459 on: January 17, 2021, 01:03:09 pm »
Has Tsimikas ever played at CB?

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
« Reply #460 on: January 19, 2021, 05:53:52 am »
I bet if you played Thiago at CB he'd outjump most strikers. It's as much about the timing and leap as it is about the height - I say that as a 5'7" short-arse that used to play as a defender.

I remember Fabio Cannavaro being rather decent at a towering 5'9"
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: March 4, 2021, 04:46:30 pm »
Is this Tsimikas a real person?

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: March 4, 2021, 05:31:18 pm »
His lack of availability hasn't helped has it. Lets hope it improves.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: March 4, 2021, 05:49:19 pm »
Degen-like with his injuries so far
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #464 on: March 4, 2021, 07:56:41 pm »
He was pictured in training this week wasn't he? [emoji53]
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: March 4, 2021, 07:57:46 pm »
Has anyone checked in with this God person? They're usually ITK

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: March 4, 2021, 08:02:01 pm »
Injured again? This is a bit mad now.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: April 7, 2021, 02:07:29 pm »
Just came back to this thread to check this guy exists. What with, you know, our current left back being fucking exhausted an all.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #468 on: April 7, 2021, 02:15:28 pm »
Just came back to this thread to check this guy exists. What with, you know, our current left back being fucking exhausted an all.

A few weeks ago The Athletic were suggesting Tsimikas hasn't adjusted to the tactical demands of the system or shown enough in training so far. Combined with makeshift centre backs also playing, Klopp hasn't been to keen to throw an untested Tsimikas into the team so far.

I personally think we need to whack him in for a few games. Robertson, probably through tiredness, has been really poor. Problem is do you rest Robertson for the Villa game or Real Madrid? Or neither? Or both?
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: April 7, 2021, 02:22:35 pm »
A few weeks ago The Athletic were suggesting Tsimikas hasn't adjusted to the tactical demands of the system or shown enough in training so far. Combined with makeshift centre backs also playing, Klopp hasn't been to keen to throw an untested Tsimikas into the team so far.

I personally think we need to whack him in for a few games. Robertson, probably through tiredness, has been really poor. Problem is do you rest Robertson for the Villa game or Real Madrid? Or neither? Or both?

I think he's got to be worth a whirl in at least one of these games. Robbo looks absolutely dead on his feet so we can't keep playing him 3 games a week and assume he's just going to 'run it off'. There's other games I think he'd have been worth a go in that have now come and gone [he was injured for a fair while too].

Admittedly I have definitely been caught out by the 'how bad can he be' curse earlier this season, however.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: April 7, 2021, 02:28:43 pm »

Milner came on for Robbo after an hour at Arsenal which showed Klopp's wish to manage his minutes.

Maybe give Milner some games there if he won't play Tsimikas. Not ideal, but he'll benefit from some rest.

It's concerning how we seem to be running players into the ground which won't just affect us this season but into future seasons. The likes of Robbo, Mane, Wijnaldum and Bobby have hit a wall this season. The schedule plays a part but it's accumulative and they've played week after week for years now. Jurgen has to work with what he's got and he doesn't have the squad luxuries of Pep, given he's had to sell to buy since he's been here. That means we can't afford to have buys like Tsimikas not work out. The alternative was Murphy who has looked poor for Newcastle, so i'm not sure what the scouts were seeing with those two and if we couldn't have found better.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2021, 02:32:33 pm by Fromola »

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: April 7, 2021, 02:32:24 pm »
Milner came on for Robbo after an hour at Arsenal which showed Klopp's wish to manage his minutes.

Maybe give Milner some games there if he won't play Tsimikas. Not ideal, but he'll benefit from some rest.

It's concerning how we seem to be running players into the ground. The likes of Robbo, Mane, Wijnaldum and Bobby have hit a wall this season. The schedule plays a part but it's accumulative and they've played week after week for years now. Jurgen has to work with what he's got and he doesn't have the squad luxuries of Pep, given he's had to sell to buy since he's been here.

Milner didn’t come on for Robertson, he moved from CM so we could get an extra attacker on (Jota). I’m sure if we were winning at that point, Tsimikas would have come on like-for-like, but we needed a goal so changed the system.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: April 7, 2021, 02:36:26 pm »
Milner didn’t come on for Robertson, he moved from CM so we could get an extra attacker on (Jota). I’m sure if we were winning at that point, Tsimikas would have come on like-for-like, but we needed a goal so changed the system.

Perhaps, but he's played 10 minutes of PL football for us. Even against Fulham when the rest of the backline was changed it was Trent who was given a rest to give Neco Williams a game when Robbo needed the rest more.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #473 on: April 7, 2021, 02:40:38 pm »
The problem is that if, as Klopp sees in training, he's just not ready to face the demands of the system, but he comes on anyway just to satisfy those clamouring for him, and then has a stinker, those same people demanding that he play will be slaughtering him.

Maybe the coaches know what they are doing.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: April 7, 2021, 02:43:49 pm »

I mean it goes without saying they know more than literally anyone who's ever posted on RAWK, but at the same time how fucking bad must he be at this point? I'd trust klopp with any player but it's bad news for us, robbo, and kostas if after all this time he still can't get a few minutes to ease a clearly exhausted robertson's workload.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #475 on: April 7, 2021, 02:50:55 pm »
I mean it goes without saying they know more than literally anyone who's ever posted on RAWK, but at the same time how fucking bad must he be at this point? I'd trust klopp with any player but it's bad news for us, robbo, and kostas if after all this time he still can't get a few minutes to ease a clearly exhausted robertson's workload.
Sadly, it happens sometimes. A player is brought in because everything suggests that he can play at the required level but then due to various factors (including in this case immediate injury) he just doesn't show it in training. The manager has to decide whether exposing that player to the glare of selection and failure is worth doing, or whether, reluctantly, he has to stick with the incumbant, even if he is knackered.

Considering how many players we buy it's not surprising if it happens from time to time (see also Davies). You can't really blame anyone because however much scouting and data you employ, ultimately the only true test of a player is to bring him into the setup and see if he sinks or swims.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #476 on: April 7, 2021, 03:03:38 pm »
I agree, you have to think about the welfare of Robbo as well. As much as he will put his body on the line for us, the results are clearly showing that he is struggling.

If Tsimikas is so bad that we can't even trust him for a few mins when trying to give Robbo a breather then we might as well send him home now!

Id rather drop points because we rotated our side trying to look after our players than flog them and lose anyway.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #477 on: April 7, 2021, 03:17:58 pm »

If Tsimikas is so bad that we can't even trust him for a few mins when trying to give Robbo a breather then we might as well send him home now!
What does that even mean? He's under contract. You can't just 'send him home' even assuming you aren't just being gratuitously offensive

Id rather drop points because we rotated our side trying to look after our players than flog them and lose anyway.
Would you though? Or would you (as I suspect) be here screaming blue murder if he was 'rotated' and had a really bad game.

This is really all about 'new toys' syndrome. We have this player on the books so you damn well want to see him. Nevermind whether he's ready to play or not

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: April 7, 2021, 04:44:28 pm »
Robbo's delivery is so poor at the moment(probably because he's knackered from being overplayed). surely Tsimikas should be getting some minutes.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: April 7, 2021, 05:07:41 pm »
The problem is that if, as Klopp sees in training, he's just not ready to face the demands of the system, but he comes on anyway just to satisfy those clamouring for him, and then has a stinker, those same people demanding that he play will be slaughtering him.

Doesn't say much for the scouts though with regards to the transfer. And the alternative was Jamal Lewis who has been poor at Newcastle. Minamino was a poor fit as well.

You'll always get transfers that don't work out, but the least you expect is the player has the right attributes.

« Last Edit: April 7, 2021, 05:10:00 pm by Fromola »