Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1768972 times)

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #21560 on: January 6, 2024, 10:18:45 am »
Werner to Spurs on loan it seems, good move that.

Will fit them like a glove and you’d imagine he’ll have better luck/variance in front of goal this time round in prem.

Werner has been shocking since his move to Chelsea. This season at Leipzig, he's had 2 goals and 1 assist in 14 appearances. He is turning 28 soon, and he is no longer a player for the top level ...

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #21561 on: January 6, 2024, 10:19:45 am »
Was hoping he'd go to Utd for maximum laughs but Spurs will do, pretty telling that Leipzig will do anything to get rid now, woeful footballer.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21562 on: January 6, 2024, 10:22:00 am »
Was hoping he'd go to Utd for maximum laughs but Spurs will do, pretty telling that Leipzig will do anything to get rid now, woeful footballer.

To be fair, Man Utd are talking with Martial about extending his contract, so they don't need Werner ...

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21563 on: January 6, 2024, 10:29:38 am »
To be fair, Man Utd are talking with Martial about extending his contract, so they don't need Werner ...

Fenerbahçe are reported to have tabled an €8 million bid to Manchester United for Anthony Martial.

Takvim, a Turkish outlet, reveals Fenerbahçe officials have made the French striker a priority as they seek to buttress their forward line.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21564 on: January 6, 2024, 10:33:05 am »

It would be a shame if Man Utd lose such a talented player for only €8 million. After all, they did pay €60 million for him ...

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21565 on: January 6, 2024, 10:33:35 am »
Sliding doors for Werner. Genuinely believe that if Klopp had got him in summer of 2020 that he’d have gone on to be a success and would still be part of our attack.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21566 on: January 6, 2024, 11:08:41 am »
Sliding doors for Werner. Genuinely believe that if Klopp had got him in summer of 2020 that he’d have gone on to be a success and would still be part of our attack.
Yeah, I fully agree. Klopp would have made it work. On the flip side, we got Jota instead who is ace.

It's a strange move - he hasn't exactly gone back to Germany and found his old form. Will be interesting to see how he does.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21567 on: January 6, 2024, 01:34:32 pm »

Was a big fan of him before he went to Chelsea, and I was very keen for us to sign him. I'm not sure how it went down (I think we quite like to imagine players turning us down and going on to disappoint wherever they go) but I think he'd have been very, very good here. We got Jota instead though so it's all good.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21568 on: January 6, 2024, 04:00:34 pm »

Will fit them like a glove and you’d imagine he’ll have better luck/variance in front of goal this time round in prem.

Why? He's not very good.

They already have Brennan Johnson who basically runs fast and doesn't score goals.

I guess depth?

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #21569 on: January 6, 2024, 05:32:33 pm »
Why is another Premier League club having a go on Werner? Bizarre stuff. He's been crap for about four years straight. Some of these clubs just never learn.

I'd always be sceptical about signing players from kamikaze attacking sides like Dortmund and Leipzig. Obvious exceptions include Haaland who was always a level or two above. I don't think Nkunku will score too many in England now that he's fit.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21570 on: January 6, 2024, 06:34:00 pm »
I think Werner is worth a gamble. Before Chelsea he looked one hell of a talent. It's pretty low risk really!

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #21571 on: January 6, 2024, 06:40:00 pm »
Let's not forget that Fat Ange is a genius and has reinvented football as we know it. He may get a tune out of him MATE

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21572 on: January 6, 2024, 06:54:23 pm »
I think Werner is worth a gamble. Before Chelsea he looked one hell of a talent. It's pretty low risk really!

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #21573 on: January 6, 2024, 07:35:38 pm »

what do you base that on? Awful at Chelsea, a total flop and not scored much since he went back to Leipzig
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21574 on: January 6, 2024, 07:44:06 pm »
Let's not forget that Fat Ange is a genius and has reinvented football as we know it. He may get a tune out of him MATE

I always rated Liverpool fans for their intelligent views on the game. I reckon you can do better than this Eddie.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21575 on: January 6, 2024, 08:03:56 pm »
what do you base that on? Awful at Chelsea, a total flop and not scored much since he went back to Leipzig

Has he peaked? I know in theory he should be at his peak now but players peak at different stages in their career.

I havent seen him play for Leipzig since he went back but in theory, he should suit the way Postecoglu wants to play so it wouldn't surprise me if he does well there. But it seems like he hasn't done much at so since he went to Chelsea.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21576 on: January 7, 2024, 04:58:20 am »
It's not like Spurs have an abundance of strikers. Son aside they are are all shite.

Werner has a similar style of play as Son but can't score (big issue ;D I know). They are probably hoping that he can find his mojo on a low-risk loan deal for them.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #21577 on: January 7, 2024, 05:12:56 am »
I actually think that Werner would suit Spurs better than he ever suited Chelsea. Same for us BTW, I thought he'd do better had he come to us. But I don't think he's that exceptional as people made him back then. He could plug a hole at Spurs with Son leaving for a bit. And he could strike a good partnership with him when Son returns.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgĺrden Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21578 on: January 7, 2024, 01:35:55 pm »
Has he peaked? I know in theory he should be at his peak now but players peak at different stages in their career.

I havent seen him play for Leipzig since he went back but in theory, he should suit the way Postecoglu wants to play so it wouldn't surprise me if he does well there. But it seems like he hasn't done much at so since he went to Chelsea.

I mean in terms of age profile he is in his peak, and in terms of his form he is in a 3 and a half year miasma where he has scored 41 goals since leaving Leipzig the first time in all competitions - only 7 more than his last year in Leipzig which is so far his peak season.

For him not to have peaked he would have to be consistently a 20 goal a season striker for Spurs

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21579 on: January 9, 2024, 09:06:07 am »
Werner having a medical with Spurs this morning. Ange is obsessed with creating the fastest team in the league.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21580 on: January 9, 2024, 12:26:11 pm »
Werner having a medical with Spurs this morning. Ange is obsessed with creating the fastest team in the league.

Well, as long as he scores against Man City in the FA Cup, no fuss about this deal ...

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21581 on: January 9, 2024, 03:54:08 pm »
think he will do well at spurs

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21582 on: January 9, 2024, 03:59:18 pm »
think he will do well at spurs

Very little evidence to support that. He's been awful for the last 3.5 years ...

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21584 on: January 9, 2024, 06:31:53 pm »
Bayern trying to hijack Spurs' move for Radu Dragusin, according to Tap In.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21585 on: January 9, 2024, 07:08:11 pm »
Bayern trying to hijack Spurs' move for Radu Dragusin, according to Tap In.

They've signed Kim (€50 million), De Ligt (€67 million), Upamecano (€43 million) and Hernandez (€80 million) over the last 5 years. There were times when they used to be good at transfers ...

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21586 on: January 9, 2024, 10:58:28 pm »
https://theathletic.com/5190508/2024/01/09/valentin-barco-transfer-news-brighton/
I've watched a few Boca games this season and I've liked the look of him. Still very raw, but bags of potential.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #21587 on: January 9, 2024, 11:07:32 pm »

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21588 on: January 10, 2024, 04:01:01 am »
https://theathletic.com/5190508/2024/01/09/valentin-barco-transfer-news-brighton/

Good get for Brighton, obviously a big step up but he’s looked a cut above the rest whenever I’ve watched him play for Boca.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #21590 on: January 10, 2024, 09:53:51 am »
I guess Bayern will move aside so it doesnt impact their move for Eric Dier (christ imagine that :D)

They've signed Kim (€50 million), De Ligt (€67 million), Upamecano (€43 million) and Hernandez (€80 million) over the last 5 years. There were times when they used to be good at transfers ...

Their squad looks bizarre. Two veteran goalies and seemingly no prospect coming through and Neuer pretty injury prone these days, fucking loads of defenders, barely any CMs (three? Kimmich, Goretzka and Laimer?) and fucking loads of attackers/AMs.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #21591 on: January 10, 2024, 09:56:49 am »
Bayern always had the pick of the Bundesliga players to top up their squad, that has changed recently as more clubs look at the Bundesliga for players and they now rely on needing transfers from around Europe more than ever and they are struggling to make the right moves in many places.

I think there is bit of confusion within the running of the club too lately.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21592 on: January 10, 2024, 12:55:27 pm »
Wow, Bayern rejected for Spurs... :lmao
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #21593 on: January 10, 2024, 03:05:55 pm »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21594 on: January 10, 2024, 03:14:42 pm »

Premier league money, huh?

Though does raise some troubling questions around agent power with players, look at Caicedo and Lavia in summer.

Seems to getting worse.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21595 on: January 10, 2024, 06:10:46 pm »

To be fair, he would have been the 4th choice central defender at Bayern. Tottenham only have Romero and Van de Ven who would be ahead of him in the pecking orde ...

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21596 on: January 10, 2024, 06:40:24 pm »
To be fair, he would have been the 4th choice central defender at Bayern. Tottenham only have Romero and Van de Ven who would be ahead of him in the pecking orde ...

Upamecano and De Ligt are hardly world beaters.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21597 on: January 10, 2024, 06:46:21 pm »
Upamecano and De Ligt are hardly world beaters.

They are better players than Dragusin ...

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #21598 on: January 10, 2024, 11:53:29 pm »

To be fair, the lad had made a promise to Spurs, Bayern came in too late and despite being overwhelmed, he decided to honour his prior commitment. More of this in football would be nice …
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #21599 on: January 11, 2024, 05:13:24 am »
Dominic Solanke is 26??

jesus that flew by
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him