Author Topic: The Murder of George Floyd and Black Lives Matter.  (Read 257547 times)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Civil unrest in America
« Reply #1000 on: June 2, 2020, 11:50:08 pm »
its a fucking stupid example and as far as I can see nobody said all looting is okay
the person he was referring to literally said he sided with the looters!!

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1001 on: June 2, 2020, 11:50:38 pm »
everything is about preventing that fucker getting another 4 years, if you are more concerned about winning arguments on the Internet you clearly aren’t that arsed who wins in November, I mean tell people not to worry their neighbourhood is all fucked up by out of town anarchist losers because it means they get to win the Internet!

In fairness mate this thread is really about black men and women being murdered by police officers.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1002 on: June 2, 2020, 11:51:46 pm »
In fairness mate this thread is really about black men and women being murdered by police officers.

:thumbup Fucking bottom of the barrel Daily Mail discourse in here.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1003 on: June 2, 2020, 11:52:07 pm »
and the best way to improve the situation is getting rid of the orange fucker

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1004 on: June 2, 2020, 11:53:11 pm »
Why are you still banging this drum? There wasn’t a fucking earthquake and there has been very little looting.

There has been millions on street protesting the system. Can we not focus on that?

So tell people there was very little looting and ABOVE all condemn the chancers that did loot and say they have fuck all to do with the protests. You know act like George Floyd's brother did.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1005 on: June 2, 2020, 11:53:39 pm »
GOP governor rejects use of military to quell protests: 'Texans can take care of Texas'

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/500751-gop-gov-rejects-use-of-military-to-quell-protests-texans-can-take-care

Like it.
As I understood from someone on CNN yesterday Trump can't send in the military unless states request it. They don't want or need him to come and play the hero. If they can deal with this peacefully it will be hard for Trump to say he had any part in keeping people safe.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1006 on: June 2, 2020, 11:54:58 pm »
the person he was referring to literally said he sided with the looters!!
yes. In this situation. This is the situation we are currently discussing. Get that fuck the police off your username ya mad yoke.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1007 on: June 2, 2020, 11:55:40 pm »
LAPD Chief and Commissioners are doing a Zoom conference on Youtube with LA citizens calling in. They're getting absolutely chewed on.

"The ongoing LAPD Commission livestream is the most thorough communal dragging of a police department I have ever seen in my life. Caller after caller pouring their heart out asking for complete overhaul, defunding, reparations. Inspirational."

https://twitter.com/UKzVIPER/status/1267952051423711239
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1008 on: June 2, 2020, 11:58:19 pm »
So tell people there was very little looting and ABOVE all condemn the chancers that did loot and say they have fuck all to do with the protests. You know act like George Floyd's brother did.

still going on about it. Do you realise the pressure his brother is under? The looting is minute when compared to police violence. Why aren’t you posting about this?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1009 on: June 2, 2020, 11:58:20 pm »
and the best way to improve the situation is getting rid of the orange fucker

Yes that would certainly help, but it's not the only thing that needs to be done either.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1010 on: June 3, 2020, 12:00:05 am »
^Y'know what this says it better than anything I could.^

You will never stop police racism if you don't deal with the social and economic side as well. I'm not advocating for revolution, I think walking before you can run in such a divided nation like the US is the best you can hope for. Those police don't just wake up racist. It's taught to them by their parents and peers, lots of it is just absolute bullshit, but what happens is a little nugget of apparent truth gives them the wriggle room to accept it. It's like that black people commit a certain percentage of crime despite only being a certain percentage of the population stat that racists like to throw around. On the face of it, that's true. But black people are more likely to be stopped by police, to be picked on by police, to be arrested for minor crimes by police. When they do commit a crime, it's partly because black people are more likely to be financially destitute than white people. Majority black areas get less spent on their housing and schools. They can't afford to go to college so get jobs with less pay. But rhe racist just sees the stats makes up their mind. They then join the police and help take part in the system that helps perpetuate the sterotype into the next generation.

(I realise the irony in saying North Bank said it better than I can and then I go off into a spiel. I never said I was smart. )

I don't think anybody would argue with the importance of addressing economic inequalities. But for me we have already done this loop in the UK. Back in the 80s rioting in Tottenham, Brixton, Handsworth, Toxteth etc was seen by many well meaning white commentators as having their roots in the frustration of economic deprivation and consequent conflict with the police as you describe. It wasn't till the Macpherson report that we really started to get to grips with the levels of institutional racism within our police forces. Obviously there is still lots of progress that still needs to be made but at least since that realisation we have started moving in the right direction - witness the way that the 2011 riots were policed. 

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1011 on: June 3, 2020, 12:03:12 am »
still going on about it. Do you realise the pressure his brother is under? The looting is minute when compared to police violence. Why aren’t you posting about this?
because the people who loot, riot etc will be the images and footage people remember, it’s what trump will use in his campaign, not the majority who are peaceful, if you cannot see this and how that footage will be used to frame the protests and the people who are peacefully processing, do you think the peaceful protests will be what’s used or the images of Macy’s in New York getting looted??

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1012 on: June 3, 2020, 12:08:53 am »
I don't think anybody would argue with the importance of addressing economic inequalities. But for me we have already done this loop in the UK. Back in the 80s rioting in Tottenham, Brixton, Handsworth, Toxteth etc was seen by many well meaning white commentators as having their roots in the frustration of economic deprivation and consequent conflict with the police as you describe. It wasn't till the Macpherson report that we really started to get to grips with the levels of institutional racism within our police forces. Obviously there is still lots of progress that still needs to be made but at least since that realisation we have started moving in the right direction - witness the way that the 2011 riots were policed. 
Not one mention of Northern Ireland where the greatest atrocities were felt. I don’t blame yourself for not bringing it up but I just want to point out how the media shapes minds. That was a foreign place.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1013 on: June 3, 2020, 12:08:58 am »

FFS I am on your side.

Police brutality is abhorrent but so is looting. Have some consistency don't you see if you can absolve looters of blame then they can absolve the Police of blame.

What is the point of brave people providing no resistance and being peppered with tear gas and rubber bullets if chancers are going to go out and thieve.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1014 on: June 3, 2020, 12:09:42 am »
because the people who loot, riot etc will be the images and footage people remember, it’s what trump will use in his campaign, not the majority who are peaceful, if you cannot see this and how that footage will be used to frame the protests and the people who are peacefully processing, do you think the peaceful protests will be what’s used or the images of Macy’s in New York getting looted??

All fine points but this isn't the thread for it. There is a thread for the Election, and for Trump.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1015 on: June 3, 2020, 12:10:51 am »
All fine points but this isn't the thread for it. There is a thread for the Election, and for Trump.
its about how the protests will be remembered/framed, it is relevant here

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1016 on: June 3, 2020, 12:11:25 am »
Curfews starting to kick in now. Absolutely massive crowds.

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1017 on: June 3, 2020, 12:11:58 am »
Yeah. Crowd outside White House is fucking massive. Peaceful so far too. Love to see it.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1018 on: June 3, 2020, 12:12:12 am »

Correct. We are all on the same side here. If good is ever to win over evil we need to stop fighting over the minutiae of good and focus our ire on evil.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1019 on: June 3, 2020, 12:12:22 am »

This is the thread for it though because if people keep playing in to Trumps hands there won't even be an election.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1020 on: June 3, 2020, 12:12:59 am »
This tweet from Jack Mirkinson sums up how I’m feeling.

seeing the state indiscriminately target all protesters even as liberals are busy separating them into good ones and bad ones is an incredibly clarifying experience

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1021 on: June 3, 2020, 12:14:06 am »
FFS I am on your side.

Police brutality is abhorrent but so is looting. Have some consistency don't you see if you can absolve looters of blame then they can absolve the Police of blame.

What is the point of brave people providing no resistance and being peppered with tear gas and rubber bullets if chancers are going to go out and thieve.
smashing something up and robbing it isn’t comparable to police brutality Against innocent people and I’m not discussing this further. Good luck.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1022 on: June 3, 2020, 12:14:42 am »
Trying to keep on topic, this is worrying. "Private police" in Philly.

https://twitter.com/SPJ14228/status/1267907065504305153?s=20

And me mate.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1023 on: June 3, 2020, 12:14:43 am »

Is right

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1024 on: June 3, 2020, 12:14:58 am »
The false equivalence between Macy's getting broken into and peaceful protesters being shot by rubber bullets from cops is fucking abhorrent and disgusting.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #1025 on: June 3, 2020, 12:14:58 am »
Curfews starting to kick in now. Absolutely massive crowds.

Got the Democratic Primary and some local election bills on the ballots in DC, polls are legally open for another hour.... if voters are allowed to remain in line....
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1026 on: June 3, 2020, 12:16:25 am »
The false equivalence between Macy's getting broken into and peaceful protesters being shot by rubber bullets from cops is fucking abhorrent and disgusting.

I'm really shocked by what I've seen on here tonight.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1027 on: June 3, 2020, 12:17:37 am »
Yeah. Crowd outside White House is fucking massive. Peaceful so far too. Love to see it.

That is the point as a right wing authoritarian how do you deal with a peaceful crowd.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1028 on: June 3, 2020, 12:19:17 am »
if you are referring to my post there is no ‘false equivalence’ attempts between the two actions (both are totally wrong FYI) but what will be remembered, what will be used to frame the protestors (ie the daytripper anarchists actions over the people doing the right thing) going forwards

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1029 on: June 3, 2020, 12:19:31 am »

Yeah, let's have another cheap dig at the "liberals" because they're the ones really standing in the way of progress on this issue.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #1030 on: June 3, 2020, 12:20:02 am »
Regarding "Private Police" in Philly - the city there has a history of private policing and non municipal police to do everything from parking tickets to traffic and minor disputes - perhaps the city called upon them for additional bodies or perhaps it is to escalate situations, either on the city's request or by individual or police directives.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1031 on: June 3, 2020, 12:21:10 am »
This is the thread for it though because if people keep playing in to Trumps hands there won't even be an election.

NOBODY IS PLAYING IN TO TRUMPS HANDS HERE! This thread was created so we could separate it from a giant thread about Trump and the Elction, and discuss it separately without it being drowned out by other conversations.

it's really not that hard to understand but as always you have the uncanny ability to hijack every single thread you get involved in.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1032 on: June 3, 2020, 12:21:33 am »

There is no attempt at equivalence. The point is that none violent protests are almost impossible to discredit. Looting even on small scale gives them a way out.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1033 on: June 3, 2020, 12:23:12 am »
There is no attempt at equivalence. The point is that none violent protests are almost impossible to discredit. Looting even on small scale gives them a way out.
exactly, don’t give your enemy an easy opportunity to smear your good work, and if there are some then hold them to account

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1034 on: June 3, 2020, 12:23:18 am »
Just keep posting about the protests.

Really great scenes coming out of DC, Boston and others. I hope everyone stays safe.

Edit: As I post that, police start moving in on protesters in Boston.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2020, 12:24:49 am by Snail »

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1035 on: June 3, 2020, 12:25:19 am »

NOBODY IS PLAYING IN TO TRUMPS HANDS HERE! This thread was created so we could separate it from a giant thread about Trump and the Elction, and discuss it separately without it being drowned out by other conversations.

it's really not that hard to understand but as always you have the uncanny ability to hijack every single thread you get involved in.

Advocating looting is clearly playing in to Trumps hands.

How could he possibly say 'When the looting starts the shooting starts' if there was no looting.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1036 on: June 3, 2020, 12:25:32 am »
Just keep posting about the protests.

Really great scenes coming out of DC, Boston and others. I hope everyone stays safe.

Edit: As I post that, police start moving in on protesters in Boston.
What streams you watching?

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1037 on: June 3, 2020, 12:25:55 am »

jesus fucking chriiiiiiist

meanwhile, tens of thousands, black and white, peacefully protest outside the White House long after curfew

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1267960034727788545

inspiring scenes imo

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1038 on: June 3, 2020, 12:26:37 am »
What streams you watching?

https://www.twitch.tv/woke

Multistream, sworn by it for three days now.