Author Topic: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...  (Read 858488 times)

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
Re: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...
« Reply #12560 on: May 28, 2020, 11:27:42 am »
Video on Twitter of Fabinho posing for a photo at the garage in Northwood. He’s not socially distanced. Can’t see the club taking it lightly.
unless he tests positive in the next two weeks I’d say he will be just told not to do it again .

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12561 on: May 28, 2020, 11:28:41 am »
He's absolutely relentless, just does not shut up. Obviously auditioning to be the "edgy" "says what he thinks" pundit when he's finished stinking up football pitches.

Glad his son's breathing issues and all the risks have seemingly gone away within a few days anyway.

His son had breathing problems. In the past tense. I'm not aware of how old he is and what the severity of breathing problems we are talking about.

I'd argue it's not all that uncommon for a baby to have breathing problems, it's about the severity and potential long term effects it has

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12562 on: May 28, 2020, 11:28:47 am »
Spanish fixtures to be shown in UK for free to Sky subscribers. They hope to have games on everyday.

Virgin are really looking second best at the minute; no apps for Disney Plus or All4 is one thing but losing out to Sky with Spanish football is not great either.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #12563 on: May 28, 2020, 11:28:55 am »
"In a time where it's all about mental health and everyone says 'speak up, speak out, please speak', Danny Rose spoke out and I spoke out and we just get absolutely hammered and battered for it."

Don't like that mental health comment to be honest (in that he's trivialising it). I get he's upset and do understand him being frustrated, but think he needs to stop talking for a while.

Yep, and very poor from Watford that they haven't stepped in. I am presuming that they do have a media person there, all clubs do at this level, so they shouldn't be different.

He's had an absolute nightmare the past two weeks, some of it seemingly because he's not even slightly informed about the virus he felt the need to speak out about so loudly. Someone should have stepped in the first time he ran to the tabloid media. But he should take responsiblity himself first and foremost, and actually researched what he was talking about, but I'm sure his priority and reasoning for doing what he did, wasn't about getting facts right.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12564 on: May 28, 2020, 11:32:16 am »
Video on Twitter of Fabinho posing for a photo at the garage in Northwood. He’s not socially distanced. Can’t see the club taking it lightly.

If it's the one I've seen, I'm not sure what he's done wrong. Happy to be directed to a video where he's necking a brass or whatever

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #12565 on: May 28, 2020, 11:33:51 am »
Yep, and very poor from Watford that they haven't stepped in. I am presuming that they do have a media person there, all clubs do at this level, so they shouldn't be different.
Kinda shows which clubs are well run and which ones are in disarray. They are where they are for a reason.

Anyway, the Watford media team are too busy feeding negative stories to the press to help stave off relegation than to be concerned about their players' welfare.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12566 on: May 28, 2020, 11:34:04 am »
What time is the meeting arranged for between the clubs today?

10-30 according to the Independent.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12567 on: May 28, 2020, 11:35:03 am »
Easier to police. Most PL grounds are either wholly or partially surrounded by housing. The Bundesliga by comparison have grounds that are largely away from the city centre and residential areas. Those that are could be easily blocked off.

In the cases of Bremen and Leipzig, the one side of the ground parallel to a neighbourhood road is  in both cases set back from the main road, so it could be easily policed. Freiburg is the only one that has a stadium directly across from housing (this is only on one side and the stadium is replaced after this year). The rest of the stadium is surrounded by the Black Forest. The police in Freiburg could shut access to the street with minimal disruption.

Also the Bundesliga has complete buy-in from the fan groups. The ultras want nothing to do with the Geistspiele anyway. Their biggest worry is that the far-right will use the venues to protest COVID lockdown measures. There have been zero incidents reported outside of grounds in the Bundesliga thus far

Why would people gather round the ground while a match is on? Surely the supporters of whatever club would actually watch the match on TV rather than stand outside following it on their phone?
And as I've said before, in reference to Liverpool, if bellends are going to gather round the ground when we win the league, they wont decide against doing that just because the team are at a different ground.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12568 on: May 28, 2020, 11:36:25 am »
If it's the one I've seen, I'm not sure what he's done wrong. Happy to be directed to a video where he's necking a brass or whatever

Theres a video of someone taking a picture of him just before he gets in his car. Theres also a picture of him standing with his arm round someone inside the petrol station.

Video https://twitter.com/mickcox7086/status/1265917993604841473?s=19

Picture https://twitter.com/_JRE4_/status/1265735670670245890?s=19
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 11:39:13 am by Barneylfc∗ »

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12569 on: May 28, 2020, 11:38:11 am »
Spanish fixtures to be shown in UK for free to Sky subscribers. They hope to have games on everyday.

"Sky subscribers in the UK will be able to activate the Premier Sports channel for free throughout June. From July, they will be charged a monthly fee of £5.99."
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/05/28/la-liga-broadcast-free-uk-ahead-june-8-restart/

Not quite free..

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12570 on: May 28, 2020, 11:39:43 am »
Why would people gather round the ground while a match is on?

Possibly because there is a certain subset of people whose curiosity knows no bounds. The same type that slow down to gawk at traffic accidents or due to boredom decide to talk walks during pandemics to areas already crammed with people to see for themselves

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12571 on: May 28, 2020, 11:40:57 am »
The English Football League has confirmed three individuals from two clubs have tested positive for coronavirus following the latest round of testing.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12572 on: May 28, 2020, 11:48:42 am »
It’s pretty much the opposite actually.

Other leagues have cancelled their leagues already, decided finishing positions and now that looks incredibly premature. The PL have gone by government guidelines in terms of restarting training and have taken their time with everything else, which was absolutely the right approach.

That people like yourself are prone to panicking a little bit when there’s ‘no news’ doesn’t mean they’ve not dealt with this pretty well. Especially in comparison to other leagues. The fact Germany are so far ahead has nothing to do with the Premier League and everything to do with the government.

France. is a case in point. No Sport until September they said, next things Germany goes back to a full schedule for the Bundesliga and Lyons president now wants it restarted.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12573 on: May 28, 2020, 11:54:30 am »
Theres a video of someone taking a picture of him just before he gets in his car. Theres also a picture of him standing with his arm round someone inside the petrol station.

Take it he is training/attending the academy then and not mixing with the rest of the team at Melwood, as thats been taken in Kirkby (Bigdaledrive is in Northwood) or maybe he was looking for Thommos old diy gaff?

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.4849725,-2.8757513,3a,75y,274.29h,91.9t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sLrdVsg_8gsNe6z6lcj-gew!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Jurgen YNWA

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12574 on: May 28, 2020, 12:23:16 pm »

The picture is dumb. Nothing in the video.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12575 on: May 28, 2020, 12:29:54 pm »

How's it free mate?

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12576 on: May 28, 2020, 12:32:27 pm »

How do we know that’s a recent photo?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12577 on: May 28, 2020, 12:33:53 pm »

He's wearing the same gear in the video and there's a "Thanks To the NHS" banner in the video.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #12578 on: May 28, 2020, 12:34:35 pm »

It was the photo I was referring to. Happy to see him stopping for a photo but a bit naive to be doing it at this moment in time. Hoping nothing comes of it and it’s just a slap on the wrist for him.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12579 on: May 28, 2020, 12:34:45 pm »
He's wearing the same gear in the video and there's a "Thanks To the NHS" banner in the video.

Ok, well, that’s daft of him.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12580 on: May 28, 2020, 12:36:46 pm »

The best before date on the Transform-A-Snacks behind him is next week.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12581 on: May 28, 2020, 12:37:47 pm »
The best before date on the Transform-A-Snacks behind him is next week.

;D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12582 on: May 28, 2020, 12:43:06 pm »
It was the photo I was referring to. Happy to see him stopping for a photo but a bit naive to be doing it at this moment in time. Hoping nothing comes of it and it’s just a slap on the wrist for him.

Yeah, cannot see it being any worse. Like I've said, the picture and video were taken in Kirkby, not far from the Academy complex, so it looks like he isn't at Melwood, unless anyone has seen him there since?

Club needs to be using chauffeurs and not letting players drive personal cars to petrol stations.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12583 on: May 28, 2020, 12:49:51 pm »
Where did he get that BAME players being at a higher risk point, has he just blindly applied the stats from the general public and mistakenly thought they'd also apply equally to footballers rather than considering their context in the wider population?

He has declared to the nation he has difficulty working out how to keep his washing separate to the others in his household. You honestly think he is capable of thinking like this?

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #12584 on: May 28, 2020, 12:56:08 pm »
Serie A resumption to be confirmed this afternoon. Some late kick offs pencilled in apparently, due to the heat.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12585 on: May 28, 2020, 01:01:45 pm »
Media stirring it to create debate and thus clicks and then advertising revenue.

This whole "starting cold" thing that dickheads will grasp on to reminds me of that other dickhead off GOT, first 10 games don't count and all that shite. Its the same for everyone, fucknuggets.

First game back, if we bet Everton it’ll because they weren’t ready, all a joke, no one cares etc. They beat us and we’ll never hear the end of it, even when we go on to lift the title!

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12586 on: May 28, 2020, 01:02:12 pm »
Serie A resumption to be confirmed this afternoon. Some late kick offs pencilled in apparently, due to the heat.

Don't really understand the heat thing, they play international football every Summer. Maybe if we have the 40s France had last year it's different.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #12587 on: May 28, 2020, 01:06:44 pm »
Don't really understand the heat thing, they play international football every Summer. Maybe if we have the 40s France had last year it's different.

I don't think Italy is that hot anyway usually.

There was a game I think last year where Betis had to play at midday in the middle of August in blazing heat in the hottest city in Europe. That was clearly stupid but more an outlier.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12588 on: May 28, 2020, 01:36:07 pm »

Disgraceful if it’s true.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12589 on: May 28, 2020, 01:48:03 pm »
I don't think Italy is that hot anyway usually.

There was a game I think last year where Betis had to play at midday in the middle of August in blazing heat in the hottest city in Europe. That was clearly stupid but more an outlier.

There's a reason most people who live in Rome clear off for the summer out of the city.

It's unbearably hot

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #12590 on: May 28, 2020, 01:58:47 pm »
Ok, well, that’s daft of him.

yep! And ignorant of the woman taking the photo and the one in the photo. Yeah, I get it's exciting to see a famous player for some people, but with everything going on, at least show some common sense and restraint! But no, had to do that and then they couldn't wait to share it on social media of course.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12591 on: May 28, 2020, 01:59:04 pm »

I think disgraceful is a little strong, don't you reckon?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #12592 on: May 28, 2020, 01:59:42 pm »
True but it can be raging hot in June/July. Particularly between 12 and 5.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12593 on: May 28, 2020, 02:01:04 pm »
There's a reason most people who live in Rome clear off for the summer out of the city.

It's unbearably hot

Yeah, my old company had an office in Italy (Milan though) and they would take August off every year. They weren’t happy when the CEO put an end to it.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12594 on: May 28, 2020, 02:06:18 pm »
Why is it legitimate?
Let's say the police and chippy tits decide Liverpool has to play all their remaining games at neutral venues while Manchester City can play at their stadium because they have no fans: how is that equitable? Who decides whose support will behave and whose won't?

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12595 on: May 28, 2020, 02:07:48 pm »
Simon Mullock @MullockSMirror

Told Premier League clubs have agreed on a restart date of June 20

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12596 on: May 28, 2020, 02:11:44 pm »
Some others are saying June 19th.  ;D  IT'S IN JUNE PEOPLE!

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12597 on: May 28, 2020, 02:12:28 pm »

Bitter?

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12598 on: May 28, 2020, 02:12:31 pm »
Some others are saying June 19th.  ;D  IT'S IN JUNE PEOPLE!

Going by the proposed TV schedule of Sat / Sun & the odd Tue / Wed - you'd have to say the 20th ...

Guess we'll see in the next hour or so

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12599 on: May 28, 2020, 02:14:37 pm »
I wonder if Fabinho putting his arm round that woman might push the start date back though. Disgusting if it does and we’ll need to discipline him severely.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.