Author Topic: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...  (Read 858477 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...
« Reply #12480 on: May 27, 2020, 11:39:06 pm »
He's really not up for the relegation fight is he.  Good to see.

He’s just a fuckwit.

The smarter players have kept quiet and got on with what they’ve been told to get on with. Same with managers. There will always be a few who are incapable of not making tits of themselves, and Deeney is right at the top of the list.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #12481 on: May 27, 2020, 11:39:57 pm »
Deeney is incredibly fortunate, isn't he? If he wasn't a footballer, he'd probably be in prison right now. And no, that statement doesn't have anything to do with race or anything like that. Just him being a complete twat and thug in the early days of his career with numerous disciplinary problems. Along with very obviously not being very bright.

Offline Onward Liverpudlian

• Kopite
« Reply #12482 on: May 27, 2020, 11:50:31 pm »
I wonder if Deeney got annoyed by Hendo's harmless response to his and others concerns the other day, Hendo said "I fully respect the lads that don't feel comfortable as of yet, and I hope that they respect my opinion and that of the other players who have come back".

I'm guessing Deeney has a problem with that quote.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #12483 on: May 28, 2020, 12:02:50 am »
Presumably Deeney has picked up a few hundred thousand pounds for sitting on his arse for the last 3 months, don't give me integrity ya dickhead
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12484 on: May 28, 2020, 12:04:40 am »
Deeney's gone Full Neville there.  Hope Henderson elbows him in the fucking face next time we play them.

Oh wait, that's not likely to be for a long time, seeing where Watford are and all...
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12485 on: May 28, 2020, 12:06:20 am »
Totally get the concerns about his son and about playing.

But this does smack of him having attempted to organise through the media some sort of player protest to not go back when he's coming out with needless shit about our title victory once he's had to come back to the table with his tail between his legs and the forfeiting of the season isn't happening anymore. A bad rent-a-quote gob shite.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12486 on: May 28, 2020, 12:30:13 am »
Such a ridiculous overreaction.   :lmao

Don't understand how some people have the time or energy to be so negative or angry.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Thanks for making my night.  :thumbup
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #12487 on: May 28, 2020, 12:31:34 am »
Totally get the concerns about his son and about playing.

But this does smack of him having attempted to organise through the media some sort of player protest to not go back when he's coming out with needless shit about our title victory once he's had to come back to the table with his tail between his legs and the forfeiting of the season isn't happening anymore. A bad rent-a-quote gob shite.

His concerns have been proven to be utter opportunist bullshit. You don't put supposedly grave concerns aside one week after appearing on every national breakfast show in the country saying you're refusing to train and play. Like you say, he was expecting more to follow suit, but now he's scared he'll lose his place and miss out.

Fuck him, fuck Danny Rose, fuck Raheem Sterling, they're horrible gobshites.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12488 on: May 28, 2020, 12:32:04 am »
Errrrrr I did and a lot of his recent posts about this stuff is most assuredly not tongue in cheek.

If you lot have the energy to be that angry and resentful towards some clubs with idiot owners or a couple of loudmouth players or some bellends on Twitter, then knock yourself out I guess. Asterisks of shame and all.  :wave

Everything to do with the asterisk is tongue in cheek.  :P
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12489 on: May 28, 2020, 12:33:15 am »
Deeney reminds me of a knobhead I once saw getting dragged out The State one night by the bouncers, screaming that the place was a shithole anyway and Panama was a c*nt. What a way to do down in flames.

Flipping heck Jim no need to lump me in with Troy like

I got thrown out by panama 1987 ...

;D

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #12490 on: May 28, 2020, 12:35:43 am »
Everything* to do with the asterisk is tongue in cheek.  :P
;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12491 on: May 28, 2020, 12:42:48 am »
“I only said I wasn’t going back for the first week. People took that as I’ll never go back. But the Premier League and deputy chief medical officer have been honest. I’m not doing my job as a captain if I stay home.” Troy Deeney on returning to training.

https://t.co/iH02p66oC1

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12492 on: May 28, 2020, 01:03:40 am »
I think, to be fair, what he’s trying to say is that the season will be remembered as ‘the season that COVID-19 happened’ rather than what it should be remembered for, which is the season that Liverpool blew away all opposition.

He’s not exactly eloquent in phrasing it but that’s what I think he means.

He's still wrong, though. It's not an either/or thing.

Fact is, this season will be remembered for many things. The two major ones will be the virus and also how Liverpool ripped the league to shreds and won it by Christmas.

He really needn't feel sorry for Liverpool in any way. A pandemic happened. That's life. It's affected pretty much everyone on the planet in some way. Football is important, but not quite that important. Like everyone else, our club have to make compromises. So be it. We all just have to pick up the pieces and move forward.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12493 on: May 28, 2020, 01:12:14 am »
His concerns have been proven to be utter opportunist bullshit. You don't put supposedly grave concerns aside one week after appearing on every national breakfast show in the country saying you're refusing to train and play. Like you say, he was expecting more to follow suit, but now he's scared he'll lose his place and miss out.

Fuck him, fuck Danny Rose, fuck Raheem Sterling, they're horrible gobshites.

It was his ''I'm Spartacus'' moment where he thought everyone else would follow suit and say they were Spartacus too.

As only a few decided to pipe up, he's now decided he's not Spartacus anymore.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12494 on: May 28, 2020, 01:29:14 am »
Someone explain to Deeney that we got a 25 point lead before COVID.

Just irritates me more that we lost to that fucker this season

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #12495 on: May 28, 2020, 01:36:17 am »
So now the meeting to decide when the league will start is next Thursday! How much do they want to drag this out

I read that Mail article and I think it’s a crock of shite personally. Every other paper I read on the topic said they will discuss the restart date tomorrow. Apparently the agenda for tomorrow’s meeting is neutral venues, broadcasters rebate, restart date, curtailment options, and plans to show the matches.

Why would they wait another week to discuss a restart date when they can discuss it tomorrow? Not buying it.
YWNA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12496 on: May 28, 2020, 01:38:49 am »
"I believe that when it comes to the integrity of this season anyway, it's already gone," Deeney says. "I feel sorry for Liverpool because no matter how it plays out, they deserve to win the league. They deserve to get the trophy.

"But no matter how it plays out, even if we play all the games, it's still going to be the year spoiled by the pandemic. It's not going to be that year that Liverpool won the league being the best team and, you know, it's 30 years they haven't won for.

"So I do feel sorry for Liverpool and their players and Jordan [Henderson], but in terms of integrity, there's no way you could say that this is a viable competition," added Deeney, referring to the Liverpool captain.

Footballers are thick is a massive surprise to everyone.

Who could have seen this coming? :(
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12497 on: May 28, 2020, 01:49:16 am »
“I only said I wasn’t going back for the first week. People took that as I’ll never go back. But the Premier League and deputy chief medical officer have been honest. I’m not doing my job as a captain if I stay home.” Troy Deeney on returning to training.

https://t.co/iH02p66oC1

He's made himself look an even bigger tit than usual. Quite the feat.

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #12498 on: May 28, 2020, 03:19:54 am »
How would Troy Deeney ever know what winning a league would be like .?
Although after that FA Cup final and now this he’s certainly knows how to make a tit of himself

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #12499 on: May 28, 2020, 03:21:50 am »
Is there an actual quote from last week where he said he wasn’t going back for the first week? I don’t remember reading one.

Any media pointing that out?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 03:26:43 am by Brian Blessed »
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12500 on: May 28, 2020, 03:29:35 am »
Wait Deeney is training again?

I was totally fine with him being against it all, he has his reasons and I respect them. But what the fuck is he doing back in training if he's worried about his son's life?

Absolute shitbag.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline muszka

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12501 on: May 28, 2020, 04:20:57 am »
"I believe that when it comes to the integrity of this season anyway, it's already gone," Deeney says. "I feel sorry for Liverpool because no matter how it plays out, they deserve to win the league. They deserve to get the trophy.

"But no matter how it plays out, even if we play all the games, it's still going to be the year spoiled by the pandemic. It's not going to be that year that Liverpool won the league being the best team and, you know, it's 30 years they haven't won for.

"So I do feel sorry for Liverpool and their players and Jordan [Henderson], but in terms of integrity, there's no way you could say that this is a viable competition," added Deeney, referring to the Liverpool captain.

He's talking like the break in a season makes the outcome of the league less valid than normally forgetting that there are leagues like polish Ekstraklasa with a 3-month break during the winter.

Offline Americano12345

• Main Stander
« Reply #12502 on: May 28, 2020, 05:15:23 am »
Villa coach Dean Smith's father Ron passed away.

He'd been living in a care home for a number of years, and contracted the virus.

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1265751922696429568?s=20

Thats a shame. 2 PL managers lost a parent to this virus in the space of a month or so. Very sad news.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12503 on: May 28, 2020, 06:00:47 am »
Troy Deeney is thick as pig shit. Did he hold his son up with tears rolling down his eyes for the sympathy vote again? The disingenuous c*nt.

One of those players so fucking thick you'd know he'd be in prison if he wasn't thieving a living playing football.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-18584603

A Championship footballer who attacked a group of students in Birmingham has been jailed for 10 months.

Watford FC striker Troy Deeney, 23, was recorded by CCTV cameras kicking one of the victims in the head.

Judge David Tomlinson said CCTV footage of the attack, which happened close to the Bliss nightclub on 29 February, showed the roles of Troy Deeney and Brennan were more serious than the other defendants.

"At least one kicked a man while he was already on the ground and very probably had already suffered a really serious injury."

Once a scumbag, always a scumbag. No one is believing his daily excuses for not playing, because they're not based on fact or science, yet he's still whoring himself around looking for sympathy.

Why doesn't this convicted criminal just get on with enjoying his early retirement and let the footballers like Henderson get on with it? No need to come back to football Troy, stay retired, you add nothing to the game.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #12504 on: May 28, 2020, 06:24:13 am »
Clubs will ask for no relegation because of ‘imbalance’ in fixture list

Some Premier League clubs will today ask that relegation is not enforced if coronavirus stops the season again because of concerns over imbalances in the fixture list.

The clubs’ main sticking point concerning relegation is that every team must face every team twice in order for it to be fair to relegate anyone. And in the event that the 2019-20 could not be completed, some teams want to follow League Two’s example and award final league positions but without demotion to the Championship.

They will argue that deciding league positions on points per game is flawed though sources The Athletic spoke to felt it is unlikely that they would gain enough support for the motion.

https://theathletic.com/1840398/2020/05/28/premier-league-coronavirus-project-restart-relegation-injury-home-away/
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12505 on: May 28, 2020, 06:24:24 am »

heard that one before.... I feel sorry for Liverpool because season has to null and voided. you are really not sorry you bitter c*nts

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12506 on: May 28, 2020, 06:26:36 am »
Ill bet anyone anything that Deeney will play again this season, once he sees his chance at earning future millions dwindling he ll come running back and claim that hes now happy with the level of testing etc.

As predictable as he is shit.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12507 on: May 28, 2020, 07:08:57 am »

Some Premier League clubs will today ask that relegation is not enforced if coronavirus stops the season again because of concerns over imbalances in the fixture list.

The clubs’ main sticking point concerning relegation is that every team must face every team twice in order for it to be fair to relegate anyone. And in the event that the 2019-20 could not be completed, some teams want to follow League Two’s example and award final league positions but without demotion to the Championship.

They will argue that deciding league positions on points per game is flawed though sources The Athletic spoke to felt it is unlikely that they would gain enough support for the motion.

https://theathletic.com/1840398/2020/05/28/premier-league-coronavirus-project-restart-relegation-injury-home-away/

Fuck me.

Like the turd that won’t flush.

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #12508 on: May 28, 2020, 07:15:29 am »

Why’s he coming back then surely as a professional sportsman you wouldn’t want to play in a competition that wasn’t legit?
And I don’t remember him saying last week that he would come back after a week

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #12509 on: May 28, 2020, 07:20:33 am »

Sorry, but that is nonsense. They have had the rest of the season to do something about that, really hope the powers that be stick to their guns over this. Most of the fixtures have been played, if they are honest about making this season about integrity they can't mess around with the rules now.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12510 on: May 28, 2020, 07:24:01 am »
Troy Deeney is thick as pig shit. Did he hold his son up with tears rolling down his eyes for the sympathy vote again? The disingenuous c*nt.

One of those players so fucking thick you'd know he'd be in prison if he wasn't thieving a living playing football.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-18584603

Once a scumbag, always a scumbag. No one is believing his daily excuses for not playing, because they're not based on fact or science, yet he's still whoring himself around looking for sympathy.

Why doesn't this convicted criminal just get on with enjoying his early retirement and let the footballers like Henderson get on with it? No need to come back to football Troy, stay retired, you add nothing to the game.

Once a scumbag, always a scumbag? Why? We didn’t  seem to be bringing up his criminal past which he served time for and by his own admission became a better person for when he was praising VVD?

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12511 on: May 28, 2020, 07:39:12 am »
If the broadcasting money is reduced this year, presumably that means the parachute payments are reduced too?

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #12512 on: May 28, 2020, 07:57:44 am »
Steven Gerrard assaulted a DJ for not playing a particular song  ;D Kicking someone in the head is not good, but if he's done his time and shown remorse/apologised then you can't hold it against him really.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12513 on: May 28, 2020, 07:58:14 am »
Once a scumbag, always a scumbag? Why? We didn’t  seem to be bringing up his criminal past which he served time for and by his own admission became a better person for when he was praising VVD?

Everyone was content with celebrating his retirement from football and had moved on. Along comes Deeney to throw petrol on the fire. He's fair game now.

You don't have to dig too deep in Deeney's past to prove he's a scumbag. Whether it's being sent to prison for what many people believe should be attempted murder. Being told to calm down and threatened by police with pepper spray outside a nightclub a few years ago. Cheating on his wife and leaving her for a younger model. We can go on and on proving what level of scumbag he is. It's not that difficult.

I don't believe the man has any credibility. I don't believe any of his concerns are genuine.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12514 on: May 28, 2020, 08:16:14 am »

In other words...“I’ve made myself look a tit by saying I wouldn’t come back to training, but now I have so I need to say something daft in order to draw attention away from all the excuses I used.”

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12515 on: May 28, 2020, 08:17:10 am »
Steven Gerrard assaulted a DJ for not playing a particular song  ;D Kicking someone in the head is not good, but if he's done his time and shown remorse/apologised then you can't hold it against him really.

Two entirely different matters. I mean for one, does Mr. Gerrard have a criminal conviction?

Deeney is a non entity. Whether he's praising Virgil or pimping himself to every media outlet going.

His career doesn't exactly mean he's of any interest to me

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12516 on: May 28, 2020, 08:46:32 am »
I read that Mail article and I think it’s a crock of shite personally. Every other paper I read on the topic said they will discuss the restart date tomorrow. Apparently the agenda for tomorrow’s meeting is neutral venues, broadcasters rebate, restart date, curtailment options, and plans to show the matches.

Why would they wait another week to discuss a restart date when they can discuss it tomorrow? Not buying it.

If you read Delaney’s article on it, it says that it’s ‘possible’ a return date could be agreed today (see below) but that he expects clubs to vote in favour of a return to football today, quite what that would mean without a date being agreed, I’m not sure.

The really cynical part of me thinks the media are saying ‘xxx is to be voted on Thursday’ and then when it gets near to said date, they start backtracking - it allows them to sell papers on the subject in the interim.

What is clear is that we do seem to be getting closer to a resolution but if I had to guess I’d say we’re not getting a date today.

The Premier League clubs will discuss proposals for a 20 June return date, as they vote on the final stage of ‘Project Restart’ at Thursday’s videoconference.

It is now fully expected that the 20 clubs will vote to go back playing at that meeting – and may even be unanimous since so many obstacles have been cleared – but it is also possible that they agree an exact return date to add to that.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 08:50:31 am by Jm55 »

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #12517 on: May 28, 2020, 08:59:36 am »
Two entirely different matters. I mean for one, does Mr. Gerrard have a criminal conviction?

Deeney is a non entity. Whether he's praising Virgil or pimping himself to every media outlet going.

His career doesn't exactly mean he's of any interest to me

No he doesn't but that doesn't mean he didn't assault someone. Fuck it I've no reason to defend Deeney here though so I'll bow out.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12518 on: May 28, 2020, 09:17:31 am »
So now the meeting to decide when the league will start is next Thursday! How much do they want to drag this out

Is this right? I thought it was today.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12519 on: May 28, 2020, 09:44:23 am »

Okay, this is getting silly now. It's like the US trying to justify the Iraq war.

The have WMD.
There's evidence they have WMD.
There's evidence of WMD systems.
There's evidence of WMD systems programs.

They're really freaking out because it's like coming back after pre season and starting cold. They will take four or five games just to get going, so their PPG could take a really bad hit in the short term, which could cripple them if the league has to he stopped again.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art