Poll

Which Team wins in a fight to the death?

mikey_LFC
7 (41.2%)
fucking appalled
10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: The Kick Ass Draft - Tie 5 - mikey_LFC vs. fucking appalled  (Read 1441 times)

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
The Kick Ass Draft - Tie 5 - mikey_LFC vs. fucking appalled
« on: February 18, 2020, 02:26:24 pm »
Team mikey_LFC
Complete Mastery over Time, Dimensions, Space, Magic and Death

Captain Bugs Bunny, The Genie, Doctor Strange, Shazam and Raiden, all in the T.A.R.D.I.S

The T.A.R.D.I.S - Able to teleport to any place at any time in any dimension. Virtually indestructible. Also has a mind of its own so will take you to where and when you need to be. Also will defend itself by moving if under attack and will also come to your aide my teleporting around you if you're under imminent extreme danger. The ultimate transportation.

Bugs Bunny - Team Leader - Immortal and indestructible due to Toon Force. Able to confuse and dazzle opponents through various shenanigans whilst also being able to conjure up the right ridiculous weapon for any particular moment in time simply through a click of the fingers. He's also a great motivator, as shown in Space Jam with his use of Michael's secret stuff to inspire his team to victory (see link below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbaKze622Kg

The Genie - the most powerful being in the multiverse. Able to ensure any turn of events transpires at his will. Since the end of Aladdin he is now free, not trapped in a lamp or bound by the wishes of his master. This therefore allows him to do anything he wants. An indestructible and infinitely powerful being, that all but ensures victory.

Doctor Strange - A hugely powerful sorcerer who has single handedly defeated some of the greatest threats in the Marvel Multiverse, including the consumer of worlds, Galactus. His immense intelligence and ability to transport people through dimensions or incapacitate them through magic makes him one of the toughest opponents around. Described in comics as "the mightiest magician in the cosmos" and by Eternity the sentience of the Marvel universe as "the most powerful humanoid", he is a match for anyone.

Shazam! - A legendary character in the DC universe who holds the power of six Gods. The wisdom of Solomon, the strength of Hercules, the stamina of Atlas, the powers of Zeus, the courage of Achilles and the speed of Mercury. All together this makes him the ultimate being who has been known to be able to knock out Superman, beat the Flash in a race and out smart Batman. He even once punched a black-hole into existence, which is explained by the fact he can punch with the force of 97 supernovas. That is 97 exploding suns in one man.

Raiden - A cyborg warrior who can emit lightning from his body. Raised as a child soldier by one of the most feared men in the world and implanted with nano-bots that give him incredible power and speed, Raiden learned to master fighting. His weapon of choice is a samurai sword that due to its electric frequency can cut through anything. He went onto become the ultimate super-soldier and spy, whose sheer will and determination saved the world countless times. Unmatched in hand-to-hand combat.

vs.

Team Fucking Appalled

David Brent - Team Leader

Thanos

Cloud Strife

Optimus Prime

Constantine

The Milano - Transport

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Re: The Kick Ass Draft - Tie 5 - mikey_LFC vs. fucking appalled
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 02:44:10 pm »
David Brent was an inspired pick.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 06:07:39 pm »
As with many of these fights, the outcome rests on one character's fate and this one is no different in that regard, team fucking appalled (TFA) need to keep Constantine alive. The other character's on his team have their strengths, particularly Thanos, but only John Constantine has the ability to win this for him, especially against a team of such mystic heavyweights. The difference in this fight compared to others, is that keeping Constantine alive doesn't assure victory, but brings about a chance.

Without Constantine escaping at the beginning of the battle, the chances for his side dwindle towards zero.

Thanos is strong but has weaknesses in dealing with sorcery and magic, without the gauntlet. His ego can be used against him, as could his love of Death (imagine Bugs Bunny dressing him as death as a distraction leading Thanos into a trap). Out of my side it is fair to say all but Raiden could defeat Thanos single-handedly.

Cloud Strife has low level magic and good swordsmanship but can't compete with those on my side.  Raiden would be able to handle him in his Metal Gear Rising, God of Thunder like form.

Optimus prime is great in physical combat but no match for Godly or mystical powers.

David Brent is David Brent.

The Milano is not a particularly special ship, just fast but is easily taken out and has to be replaced in canon.

At his default starting level, Constantine is just human, a very smart, incredible conman who knows a good deal of street level magic, but a human. His major power come for a limited time from particular sources that give him powers in the dark arts, they're not part of his character but accessed on occasion and even these fall well below the capability of Doctor Strange. The trick comes with his masterful manipulation and conmanship. He must access these power sources, return to the battlefield and convince those in battle that his powers are far beyond what he actually possesses in order to manipulate them into a deal, lead them into a trap or something along these lines.

The first question for this scenario is just how Constantine can get away. Well that can be achieved easily since he is often portrayed as being protected by the devil, and also knowing all routes out of heaven and hell. This however only applies to the DC universe. If he falls into another dimension (which could be achieved by Doctor Strange, the Genie or Bugs Bunny). So he needs to stay in or get to the DC universe (as the battle could easily start outside the DC universe). If he starts outside then he has no chance as nobody in their team can traverse universes or dimensions. If he is within then he needs to last long enough to get away from the three characters mentioned range, and stay away long enough.

Doctor Strange person to target him and he'll need to be delayed in order to prevent him pulling Constantine into another dimension. This raises another issue as in order to distract him, you're going to need to use significant enough ranged weapons for long enough to prevent Constantine being able to make an escape in the Milano, although even then the Tardis could make sure everyone is on the Milano to take away that escape.

If he managed to get away within the DC universe, find power sources and return, then convince my side of a power beyond their own joint capabilities, beyond even an attempted challenge, or trick them into a trap capable of defeating them, likely involving hell and the dead, then they can win. That is a lot of ifs, buts and maybes to secure a potential win.

Basically I win in 999 out of 1000 cases, and that's even without considering the Genie's full power.

To ensure victory (without any Genie), my team enter the TARDIS as Shazam blocks long range efforts from Optimus and Cloud. They land on the Milano, around John Constantine, trapping him there. Doctor Strange pulls him into another dimension with Raiden in tow, who decapitates him. Shazam flies out the door kills David Brent, Optimus Prime and Cloud Strife in a split second, leaving Thanos. Shazam can take him alone, but instead Bugs draws him into a trap dressed as mistress Death. Doctor Strange torments him through a few dimensions, sending him mad, Shazam punts him into the sun. They then take the TARDIS outside the milano, whilst Bugs runs round the Milano, setting up TNT everywhere, before blowing it sky high, as they all walk off together with shades on not looking as the fire balls goes up, signalling complete victory.

The Genie sits by in a deck chair with a margherita shouting bravo, bravo, encore at the end. Didn't even have to lift a finger.

If Genie is involved. He clicks his fingers and none of the opposition were ever born.
"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 06:33:56 pm »
Yeah? Against karate?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 12:25:03 pm »
Come on guys, rectify this wrong. Losing this would be a travesty.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 02:39:52 pm »
Come on guys, rectify this wrong. Losing this would be a travesty.

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2020, 03:29:32 pm »
Would love to know how the vote ended up like that. Thanos and Constantine are powerful but not in comparison.

I can only think they imagined Thanos with gauntlet on, but even then 2-3 of my group survive, on top of Genie.

The genie could wish for the gauntlet if he wanted.

Guess people just like the Office.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2020, 03:40:50 pm »
I voted for Mikey but I think the Toonforce stuff can sometimes count against you because it's such a ridiculous power.  Bugs and the Genie would be able to solo anyone in the draft.

We had a similar draft a while ago and one of the rules we implemented was no reality manipulators because it instantly beats anyone.  Apart from Saitama, of course.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 03:45:35 pm »
I voted for Mikey but I think the Toonforce stuff can sometimes count against you because it's such a ridiculous power.  Bugs and the Genie would be able to solo anyone in the draft.

We had a similar draft a while ago and one of the rules we implemented was no reality manipulators because it instantly beats anyone.  Apart from Saitama, of course.

Yeah makes sense. It is immense as a power. Think you're right that the vote hinges on that.

Maybe those characters aren't completely in the spirit of the draft, as most of the other picks are able to be defeated. The ones who can't don't sit well.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2020, 04:04:18 pm »

Yeah, I almost think people have banned reality manipulators in their head, as otherwise these fights would all be done in about 5 seconds and where's the fun in that. So I think Mikey might have been a victim of that. Also, David Brent is OP.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2020, 04:07:16 pm »
Yeah, I almost think people have banned reality manipulators in their head, as otherwise these fights would all be done in about 5 seconds and where's the fun in that. So I think Mikey might have been a victim of that. Also, David Brent is OP.

Haha yeah. David Brent makes all die from awkwardness in seconds.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2020, 04:16:22 pm »
Haha yeah. David Brent makes all die from awkwardness in seconds.

I think we should have a humans only battle royale draft next. No powers whatsoever. Brent vs Basil Fawlty vs Father Dougal.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2020, 05:38:41 pm »
I think we should have a humans only battle royale draft next. No powers whatsoever. Brent vs Basil Fawlty vs Father Dougal.

Not sure about that Betty, whoever gets Max and Paddy would be too over powered

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2020, 05:40:30 pm »
Humans only would be good.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2020, 06:02:26 pm »
Would we be talking fictional humans or real humans? And is it just a fight or a general popularity contest?

If it’s a fight does it become an MMA draft or whole lot less serious?

So would Muhammad Ali be the first pick? Or Maximus from Gladiator? Or is it Mr T? Or Chuck Norris?

I think if you could say which one of those is more in keeping with the draft you’d get a more consistent intention with peoples picks.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2020, 06:41:03 pm »
Would we be talking fictional humans or real humans? And is it just a fight or a general popularity contest?

If it’s a fight does it become an MMA draft or whole lot less serious?

So would Muhammad Ali be the first pick? Or Maximus from Gladiator? Or is it Mr T? Or Chuck Norris?

I think if you could say which one of those is more in keeping with the draft you’d get a more consistent intention with peoples picks.

I think the best way to do something like that would be to separate it off in to separate categories with defined purposes eg.

1 x Action Hero (Bond, Bourne, Ethan Hunt, Leon, Indiana Jones)
1 x Action Villain (Bane, Alec Trevelyan, Hans Gruber)
1 x Bond Henchman (Jaws, Xenia, Oddjob)
1 x Sword Fighter (Zorro, John Snow, Aragorn, Maximus, Jack Sparrow)
1 x Hand To Hand Fighter (Chuck Norris, Frank Martin, Steven Seagal)
1 x Non Magical Video Game Protagonist (Gordon Freeman, Booker Dewitt, B.J. Blazkowicz, Lara Croft)

If someone has any replacement categories for those I think there is a solid foundation there!
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2020, 08:02:18 pm »
Looks great, it’s a good idea to split it out like that. I think the categories could be tweaked away from this drafts but like the idea.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2020, 08:08:28 pm »
I'd take out the Bond Villain category

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2020, 10:48:16 pm »
I think the best way to do something like that would be to separate it off in to separate categories with defined purposes eg.

1 x Action Hero (Bond, Bourne, Ethan Hunt, Leon, Indiana Jones)
1 x Action Villain (Bane, Alec Trevelyan, Hans Gruber)
1 x Bond Henchman (Jaws, Xenia, Oddjob)
1 x Sword Fighter (Zorro, John Snow, Aragorn, Maximus, Jack Sparrow)
1 x Hand To Hand Fighter (Chuck Norris, Frank Martin, Steven Seagal)
1 x Non Magical Video Game Protagonist (Gordon Freeman, Booker Dewitt, B.J. Blazkowicz, Lara Croft)

If someone has any replacement categories for those I think there is a solid foundation there!

Looks great. I'm in! Just take out the Bond villain category as that's a bit too specific.

Might have to blanket ban Chuck Norris too as he'd win it on his own.