Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2820136 times)

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
The issue with a Champions League ban is that it would give them a massive advantage in the League. None of their best players will leave for the sake of a year without Europe, and even if they wanted to, the number of clubs that could extract them out financially is very low. This is why the Premier League will also need to act; if they're found guilty of breaking the rules it cannot just end with a UEFA punishment.

They should also be made to restructure the whole club so that any benefits they've achieved in the time they've been cooking the books is reversed. They shouldn't be able to have any long-term benefit from it. If they are overspending by say £30 million a year, they should be made to reduce their outgoings (i.e. wages) by this amount, or sell a player without it being reinvested. If they don't, further punishment should come their way. This is how the RFU dealt with Saracens.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
The "big club" narrative is so fucking transparent. Think I saw on Blueloon, some thread of someone complaining that other fans didn't turn up. Someone said every empty seat is sold but it's "rags" (Man United) fans buying season tickets to show City up.

I want this lie dismantled. Who are they trying to kid? They're a small, local club with a lottery win. There would be no shame in that; the shame is in their conduct, their obvious bentness, the fans' attitudes and Kool-Aid consumption.

I'd like to think if we were in that position and we had a new stadium on Stanley Park we couldn't fill, we'd as a supporter base agree "maybe our owners went too far with that massive capacity". Which is what fans of Abu Dhabi FC should be thinking. It isn't a crime in itself, yknow? It's everything else that comes with it, be it financial doping, lawsuit threats, horrible owners, conspiracy etc.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
City's unnatural sponsorship deals need to be ruled illegal, and their circumventing to pay players extra via shell companies or whatever needs to be stepped on, otherwise "living within their means " is relative.

Wont happen though. And with City threatening to turn every punishment into a litigation war of attrition I'm not sure if UEFA have the stomach for the fight.

There needs to be a recourse where City can be simply barred from taking further action. They wont care if it costs them more to fight it than accept the punishment because it's about their "reputation ". There has to be a legal means to stop them taking it beyond CAS, but that's probably a job for fifa.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
City's unnatural sponsorship deals

I know you're making a serious point - and you're bang on btw! - but I am laughing at the word unnatural here  ;D it's spot on!

Forza UEFA. Have at em.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The fact that they claim to have revenues in excess of what we report is an insult to the Premier League and UEFA.

We have reached 2 CL finals and signed legit sponsor deals that reward us for being one of the biggest draws around the world.

It's a load of bullshit and dishonest.

Something needs to be done and I hope UEFA do what's right.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
Wont happen though. And with City threatening to turn every punishment into a litigation war of attrition I'm not sure if UEFA have the stomach for the fight.

I think UEFA need to be strong on this and should give them an indefinite ban. Make them produce their financials every quarter and once they've shown they are above board and trustworthy over a continuous period (3 years for example) then they can be allowed to take part in European competition again. Clubs need to earn respect, they're not given it.

Obviously that's not going to happen, but surely it's UEFA's competition, they can exclude who they like if they've broken the rules.

I also think if they're found guilty & punished by UEFA then the Premier League need to step up and do their jobs. A big fine & a points deduction of about 10 points or something, then tell them if they're found to be taking the piss again, they'll be relegated to league 2.

Of course, none of this will happen & they'll be given a shitty €30m fine by UEFA and the PL will do sweet fuck all.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Of course, none of this will happen & they'll be given a shitty €30m fine by UEFA and the PL will do sweet fuck all.

I'm hopeful there will be some kind of increased scrutiny and monitoring of their books even if they escape a ban.

'sunlight is the best disinfectant'.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

Other than Joe Royle I genuinely do not recognise anyone on that squad photo.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They had empty seats even back then   ;)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Not even our former number 7?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.

Nigel Clough is probably the only player I could name there.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
City's unnatural sponsorship deals need to be ruled illegal, and their circumventing to pay players extra via shell companies or whatever needs to be stepped on, otherwise "living within their means " is relative.

There needs to be a recourse where City can be simply barred from taking further action. They wont care if it costs them more to fight it than accept the punishment because it's about their "reputation ". There has to be a legal means to stop them taking it beyond CAS, but that's probably a job for fifa.

Would enforcing a link between total revenue to match-day revenue work? If United have total revenue of £500m and match-day revenue of £25m, then City's total revenue would be limited to 20 times their match-day revenue.

Sheikh Mansour would just have proxy companies hire all the corporate boxes at the stadium for a ridiculous price, then release them to actual companies at a much-reduced rate.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
The big question is, will there be a retrospective punishment with respect to the league, if they breach the PL FFP?

In other words, could we do an Inter and retrospectively win the league for last season?

2 titles in one season, anyone?

I'd really hate to win it that way, but they really should be stripped of their recent titles. As it stands, blatant cheats are being seen not only to prosper, but to also laugh in the face of the authorities whilst doing so.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Reminds me of Lance Armstrong. They stripped him of his 7 titles...

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

neither do Abu Dhabi FC fans.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Would enforcing a link between total revenue to match-day revenue work? If United have total revenue of £500m and match-day revenue of £25m, then City's total revenue would be limited to 20 times their match-day revenue.

Sheikh Mansour would just have proxy companies hire all the corporate boxes at the stadium for a ridiculous price, then release them to actual companies at a much-reduced rate.

Need a crack down on ticket touts too.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
The guidelines are for other clubs, not City. City are entitled to spend whatever money their Soveriegn state backers can extort from the mouths of their people and from the pockets of the slave migrant labour they exploit.
Simply put, if this shower of shite cannot be sorted out due to the finances made available to them for legal battles, there needs to be a breakaway league where they are not invited. 'Clubs' like these should never be allowed to kill the sport. When there is a cancer in the organism, you cut it out or the organism dies. Abu Dhabi are a massive cancer and need to be dealt with sooner rather than later.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
'Clubs' like these should never be allowed to kill the sport. When there is a cancer in the organism, you cut it out or the organism dies. Abu Dhabi are a massive cancer and need to be dealt with sooner rather than later.

This! The very game we love is in genuine peril because of these c*nts. In 20 years time they could well be remembered as the club that killed football unless UEFA, The F.A & The PL sort them out.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Gone downhill fast this thread, nearly 2 pages now

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
The "big club" narrative is so fucking transparent. Think I saw on Blueloon, some thread of someone complaining that other fans didn't turn up. Someone said every empty seat is sold but it's "rags" (Man United) fans buying season tickets to show City up.

I want this lie dismantled. Who are they trying to kid? They're a small, local club with a lottery win. There would be no shame in that; the shame is in their conduct, their obvious bentness, the fans' attitudes and Kool-Aid consumption.

I'd like to think if we were in that position and we had a new stadium on Stanley Park we couldn't fill, we'd as a supporter base agree "maybe our owners went too far with that massive capacity". Which is what fans of Abu Dhabi FC should be thinking. It isn't a crime in itself, yknow? It's everything else that comes with it, be it financial doping, lawsuit threats, horrible owners, conspiracy etc.

Hang on a sec. Are you saying that someone over there actually believes that United fans are buying season tickets for the Emptyhad then not turning up, and all just to make Abu Dhabi look bad?  :o

My god, that's a new level of delusion even for them.  :rollseyes

They've overreached with their unnecessary capacity expansion to 55,000. Get over it and stop making ludicrous excuses, you sad, sad people. They share a city with the second most successful team in England who won a European Cup as long ago as the 60s. Their share of the fanbase pie is never going to be that big.

EDIT: In order to ''show City up'' opposition fans don't need to buy season tickets for the Emptyhad. All they need do is highlight their blatant cheating via dodgy sponsorship, cooking the books, their owners appalling human rights record, their players singing about Sean Cox etc...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 01:10:28 pm by Sons of pioneerS »

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
Reminds me of Lance Armstrong. They stripped him of his 7 titles...

That scene in Dodgeball really didn't age well :lmao

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?

Sorry, how many pages?

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
I will never tire of that gif.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

They've overreached with their unnecessary capacity expansion to 55,000. Get over it and stop making ludicrous excuses, you sad, sad people. They share a city with the second most successful team in England who won a European Cup as long ago as the 60s. Their share of the fanbase pie is never going to be that big.

They want to extend it even more than 55k because they were jealous of LFC's recently revealed plans.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
The fact that they claim to have revenues in excess of what we report is an insult to the Premier League and UEFA.

We have reached 2 CL finals and signed legit sponsor deals that reward us for being one of the biggest draws around the world.

It's a load of bullshit and dishonest.

Something needs to be done and I hope UEFA do what's right.

It's bizarre levels of piss-taking by them. They can't fill their stadium, their sponsorship 'deals' are fake and they have as much global reach as Stockport County, yet they supposedly bring in more money than us, one of the biggest clubs in the world with a global reach only matched by a very select few.

They don't even try to hide their cheating. It's blatant, and they flaunt it quite proudly.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
I will never tire of that gif.

I could just have been told my dog had been run over but one look at that gif and I'd be chuckling. It's the screaming to the heavens in total meltdown, gets me every time.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
I think they should be forced to play John Stones and Otmendi all the time. That'd teach 'em.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

He never really registered as a Liverpool player, never mind one who wore or deserved the number 7.

But I suppose in that City squad he passed as a 'star'.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan

I got, I think, Sean Goater?

Also, is that ex-Manc 'keeper, Alex Stepney in there too? If so, I had no idea he was at City in any capacity.

The rest, I have no idea who any of them are.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
Ah, yes, I see him now. I had no idea he played for them, though.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I could just have been told my dog had been run over but one look at that gif and I'd be chuckling. It's the screaming to the heavens in total meltdown, gets me every time.

Arteta as backing singer doesn't get the credit it deserves.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
This! The very game we love is in genuine peril because of these c*nts. In 20 years time they could well be remembered as the club that killed football unless UEFA, The F.A & The PL sort them out.
Yep, that's how serious this is.

All those clowns hoping they'd beat us to the title last season and this tend to forget that. If this shower of shite are allowed to prosper then the entire fabric of our sport is in danger of collapse. They are a danger to ALL, and the rest need to understand this fact before it's too late. They will suffocate and eventually kill the game in this country if they are not forced to work within the rules.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
They don't even try to hide their cheating. It's blatant, and they flaunt it quite proudly.

That's why they have to fight the rulings tooth and nail, no matter what it costs. Otherwise it exposes them for the gang of frauds they are.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hang on a sec. Are you saying that someone over there actually believes that United fans are buying season tickets for the Emptyhad then not turning up, and all just to make Abu Dhabi look bad?  :o

My god, that's a new level of delusion even for them.  :rollseyes

EDIT: In order to ''show City up'' opposition fans don't need to buy season tickets for the Emptyhad. All they need do is highlight their blatant cheating via dodgy sponsorship, cooking the books, their owners appalling human rights record, their players singing about Sean Cox etc...

tbf it was only one comment but the "Don't Blame Fans for Empty Seats" thread, well, it's not a bastion of reasonable debate  :D Dunno what RICK means but this is what I was referring to:

It’s only going to be a tiny minority who can’t comply with the Club’s rule. Then if there is a very good reason (eg serious health issues) then I’m sure the ticket office would be flexible.

It’s more likely that there are few RICK rags who buy a season card just to see the Derby.

Ummmm

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan

Apologies...

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
tbf it was only one comment but the "Don't Blame Fans for Empty Seats" thread, well, it's not a bastion of reasonable debate

Oh, fair enough. I thought it might have been more than the one loon, and another of the conspiriceh theories they seem to buy into en masse.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I recognise most of the fans

I think one of the goalkeepers is Ricky Hatton. Or Gene Hunt.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
I think one of the goalkeepers is Ricky Hatton. Or Gene Hunt.
Daniel Craig, bottom left?

Alan Shearer, bottom right?

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
I think I might have identified another one. Is that ex-BS, Andy Hinchcliffe sat to the right of Royle as we look at the photo?

If so, I had no idea he actually played for the Manc BS too.