Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2815549 times)

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons
« Reply #10440 on: September 15, 2020, 12:13:09 pm »
Their forum is the worst that I have read. There’s not one ounce of respect or reasoning in it; it’s just pure bitter bile. That’s not what sport is about. In sport you should respect your opponent and welcome the competition. If you are winning too easily then it’s not really a sport. When you compete there should be an element of the unknown and it should be hard. Winning against a tough opponent should be a battle and one that isn’t a forgone conclusion. You should also learn that losing against a good opponent is part of sport and that strong opponents make the sport worthwhile.

Not clapping an opponent onto the pitch after they have won the league is childish.
Singing vile songs about an opponent disrespects the sport (not just the opponent).
Writing disrespectful bile about another team also disrespects the sport that you pretend to love.
It’s a sport and part of sport is acknowledging and respecting the opponent.
The Cheats, as a club and as a set of supporters have no respect for the sport. All they want to do is to cheat their way to trophies and that just makes the achievements cheap. They disrespect everything about the sport and as such they are a vile club.
#JFT97

Offline Runehammer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #10441 on: September 15, 2020, 12:58:30 pm »
Blue Moon is more of a conspiracy theory forum than a football one really, there's literally nothing worthwhile to be gleaned from it and personally I find it far too rabid to even be humorous.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #10442 on: September 15, 2020, 01:19:09 pm »
Blue Moon is more of a conspiracy theory forum than a football one really, there's literally nothing worthwhile to be gleaned from it and personally I find it far too rabid to even be humorous.

This. I found them funny a few years ago but now it's just too much. It's literally just a bunch of teenagers and a middle aged woman called Karen7 trying to one-up each other on who can come up with the best LFC related insult.

They hate us so much because we're as good as them, if not better and we haven't done it by selling our souls.

In their minds, the fact that their shady owners have pumped so much dirty money into the club entitles them to win every competition they enter. They're confused that a club with a smaller budget can best them on the pitch in terms of results and off the pitch in terms of appeal.

As we all know, teenagers brains aren't fully developed so that confusion turns to anger. This explains why 99% of their fanbase are so vile and aggressive. They don't understand so they lash out.

I got into it recently with a city "fan" on twitter who could only retort by pointing out I have less than 300 followers. That's their generation, social media numbers and likes.

Most of them are under 15 so assume that if they have the biggest budget, they should be guaranteed to win.

It will certainly be interesting to see what their fans' social media presence will be like if/when the money dries up.

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #10443 on: September 15, 2020, 03:37:00 pm »
Not seen too many people mention the fact these have lost a top winger in Sane and one of their 'legends' in David Silva. Only bringing in a kid from Valencia and Nathan Ake.

Aguero also now 32.

Only hear how we are going to fail because we haven't spent 19 billion.

Don't really see how they are going to be able to close an 18 point gap with an arguably weaker squad than last year.
20 and 7

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10444 on: September 15, 2020, 10:22:01 pm »
Sane didn't play last year so not really going to affect them from that point of view.

Silva didn't start a lot of the time either so its not a massive loss - although I think he makes Stirling look a lot better.

Aguero will still score as his finishing wont wane, and he'll still get presented with lots of chances.

I doubt very much they've even near finished spending though.

But, if we can renew our attitude from last year I doubt they'll be able to live with us.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #10445 on: September 15, 2020, 11:22:13 pm »
Some people expect too much of them over at Blue Loon.

When you have people without a shred of self-respect, without a shred of respect for their opponents, without a shred of respect for the sport itself, and who are apologists for owners who have no human decency, then you allow them to post on a platform with moderators who also lack common decency, Blue Loon is the result.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10446 on: September 16, 2020, 01:00:24 am »
He actually qualifies it in the article as ‘second biggest calendar year spend’ for 2018 (I.e Virgil in Jan and Ali, Fab, Naby in the summer despite Naby being bought the previous year)

Edit: His desperation to paint us out to be pariahs is quite tragic

Do you know what is even funnier about the article - after clarifying he means that we spent £236m gross in 2018, including the Keita deal where we actually bought him the year prior and paid at least some of the amount that year, AND excluding the fact we sold £150m worth of players to fund that (so a net spend of c. 86m) , he then actually lies about it being the biggest calendar year spend.  As in 2017/18 City spent 285m but Laporte was in Jan 18 for 58.5m and Jack Harrison for 3.5m (which is why he specifically used the calendar year argument) - so for a total c 224m ("nowhere near the spend of 236" apparently) - but then from the 16/17 season they bought Jesus for 28.8m in Jan17 so including him (like they are including Virgil) means they actually spent 252m that year  - MORE than we did in the calendar year he is claiming is the biggest in English football history.  And that was with only about 96mm of sales, or a net spend of 158ish, or nearly double ours.  Now whether he actually bothered to do any research, or just made up the fact I'm not sure, but either way nobody is actually calling him out about it.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 01:02:35 am by Scottymuser »

Offline DG

• Killjoy who loves himself.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
« Reply #10447 on: September 16, 2020, 10:18:15 am »
When I read their forum, they remind me of people losing trust in democracy. They don't realize how harmful their views are, which in part is probably because they don't believe them to the hilt. It's posing and tribalism, mostly.

However, just like in any functioning democracy, the losing side has to admit defeat. It's pivotal, because to not do so is playing with fire. If you don't believe you can win an election, why run at all? The answer is you don't. And in democracy, you will try to find other ways of reaching the power you feel you've been cheated out of. We might see an excellent example of this soon across the pond, but that's another story.

However, it's similar to what the fans on Bluemoon are posting now. If you genuinely believe you won't be allowed to win the league, that it's genuinely rigged against the team you support, then why watch it at all? Again, the answer is that you won't.

But these thougths, ideas and debates are gaining ground and I find it worrying. I don't enjoy for one bit when fans of our own team talk about referees being biased against us, implying that it's rigged against us, because should they ever convince me, I'll lose the game I love. Because my love, and I'm sure it's the same for all of us, is absolutely dependent on the core belief that we have a fighting chance.

They don't realize quite yet what they're doing to their love for the sport, and ultimately the sport itself. If we don't accept defeat, ultimately there can't be a winner. And just like in a rigged election, there'll be no point in running at all. They still care, so they still don't truly believe in the shit they spout. But they're getting there.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10448 on: September 16, 2020, 05:41:57 pm »
This. I found them funny a few years ago but now it's just too much. It's literally just a bunch of teenagers and a middle aged woman called Karen7 trying to one-up each other on who can come up with the best LFC related insult.

They hate us so much because we're as good as them, if not better and we haven't done it by selling our souls.

In their minds, the fact that their shady owners have pumped so much dirty money into the club entitles them to win every competition they enter. They're confused that a club with a smaller budget can best them on the pitch in terms of results and off the pitch in terms of appeal.

As we all know, teenagers brains aren't fully developed so that confusion turns to anger. This explains why 99% of their fanbase are so vile and aggressive. They don't understand so they lash out.

I got into it recently with a city "fan" on twitter who could only retort by pointing out I have less than 300 followers. That's their generation, social media numbers and likes.

Most of them are under 15 so assume that if they have the biggest budget, they should be guaranteed to win.

It will certainly be interesting to see what their fans' social media presence will be like if/when the money dries up.
Exactly!
I stopped going on there as it’s not good for a person’s mental health to subject themselves to such rabid, disgusting posts on there.

Offline Baraka

• bama. But a lot lot lot lot stupider. Has an IQ of 6½
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10449 on: September 16, 2020, 06:27:39 pm »
When I read their forum, they remind me of people losing trust in democracy. They don't realize how harmful their views are, which in part is probably because they don't believe them to the hilt. It's posing and tribalism, mostly.

However, just like in any functioning democracy, the losing side has to admit defeat. It's pivotal, because to not do so is playing with fire. If you don't believe you can win an election, why run at all? The answer is you don't. And in democracy, you will try to find other ways of reaching the power you feel you've been cheated out of. We might see an excellent example of this soon across the pond, but that's another story.

However, it's similar to what the fans on Bluemoon are posting now. If you genuinely believe you won't be allowed to win the league, that it's genuinely rigged against the team you support, then why watch it at all? Again, the answer is that you won't.

But these thougths, ideas and debates are gaining ground and I find it worrying. I don't enjoy for one bit when fans of our own team talk about referees being biased against us, implying that it's rigged against us, because should they ever convince me, I'll lose the game I love. Because my love, and I'm sure it's the same for all of us, is absolutely dependent on the core belief that we have a fighting chance.

They don't realize quite yet what they're doing to their love for the sport, and ultimately the sport itself. If we don't accept defeat, ultimately there can't be a winner. And just like in a rigged election, there'll be no point in running at all. They still care, so they still don't truly believe in the shit they spout. But they're getting there.

So you have complete confidence in our democracy here in Britain???? :o :o And comparing people who think its a shambles to City fans?  ??? ???
South Park>>>>>All.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #10450 on: September 17, 2020, 07:57:57 pm »
The latest Blue Moon conspiracy theory  :o

ancoats
Joined28 Aug 2005
Messages11,895
Today at 2:49 PM
liverpool can pick up bargains for £25 million and then we want a player in the same sort of levels its £75 million

i am starting to believe something dodgy is going on in the back ground ? is it pressure from uefa and the elite clubs on agents to make city pay top dollar and have FFP come into play something stinks here

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10451 on: September 17, 2020, 08:00:44 pm »

ancoats
Joined28 Aug 2005
Messages11,895
liverpool can pick up bargains for £25 million and then we want a player in the same sort of levels its £75 million

i am starting to believe something dodgy is going on in the back ground ? is it pressure from uefa and the elite clubs on agents to make city pay top dollar and have FFP come into play something stinks here

Normally their conspiracies are just batshit, so it actually makes a refreshing change when one is simply clueless like this one.  ;D

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10452 on: September 17, 2020, 08:38:13 pm »

ancoats
Joined28 Aug 2005
Messages11,895

Once you blow £50 million on John Stones, you've set the level you will be fleeced at. The other soft c*nts have found that, after constantly paying over the odds, culminating in getting fleeced for Maguire ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10453 on: September 17, 2020, 08:42:51 pm »

ancoats
Joined28 Aug 2005
Messages11,895

Just another daft comment from the teenage blue looners.
What’s the problem paying over the odds anyway? All they have to do is get Etihad to up negotiate their sponsorship deal and get the sheikh’s brother to stump up the cash again.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10454 on: September 17, 2020, 08:46:18 pm »
Once you blow £50 million on John Stones, you've set the level you will be fleeced at. The other soft c*nts have found that, after constantly paying over the odds, culminating in getting fleeced for Maguire ;D

Maguire loves his Greek culture though so they were golden fleeced

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10455 on: September 17, 2020, 08:50:58 pm »

ancoats
Joined28 Aug 2005
Messages11,895

Hmmm, curious.  I wonder what it could be about a club who make a massive thing about throwing enormous amounts of money around, who tell anyone who listens about how much cash their owners have got, and has spent a couple of hundred million on mediocre full backs recently, that causes other clubs to quote really high prices for players?

Nope, it’s got me beat. Total mystery.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10456 on: September 17, 2020, 11:00:22 pm »
Alex Jones should sponsor that forum.

Full of nutcases in tinfoil hats led by PrestwichBlue and Karen7.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #10457 on: September 17, 2020, 11:15:57 pm »

ancoats
Joined28 Aug 2005
Messages11,895

:lmao Thanks for this. I really needed a good laugh tonight. Really tickled the funny bone that.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10458 on: September 17, 2020, 11:29:56 pm »
Wait, did we not sign Alisson or Big Virg then?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10459 on: September 17, 2020, 11:32:10 pm »
I don’t even get what point he is trying (badly) to make.

What comparable player with 1 year left on his contract are they trying to sign that’d cost £75 mill?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #10460 on: September 18, 2020, 12:00:31 am »
The latest Blue Loon conspiracy theory  :o

ancoats
Joined28 Aug 2005
Messages11,895

:lmao

They swagger around, flashing wads of cash like Billy Big Bollocks and wonder why other clubs see them coming.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10461 on: September 18, 2020, 03:12:55 am »
Wait, did we not sign Alisson or Big Virg then?

Yeah but they would have had to pay 250m each for them.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #10462 on: September 18, 2020, 03:32:37 am »
Sane didn't play last year so not really going to affect them from that point of view.

Silva didn't start a lot of the time either so its not a massive loss - although I think he makes Stirling look a lot better.

Aguero will still score as his finishing wont wane, and he'll still get presented with lots of chances.

I doubt very much they've even near finished spending though.

But, if we can renew our attitude from last year I doubt they'll be able to live with us.

And they finished 200 points behind us
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10463 on: September 18, 2020, 06:41:35 am »
I don’t even get what point he is trying (badly) to make.

What comparable player with 1 year left on his contract are they trying to sign that’d cost £75 mill?
Messi?

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #10464 on: September 18, 2020, 08:47:22 am »

ancoats
Joined28 Aug 2005
Messages11,895

Needed a morning chuckle. Thanks for that mate.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10465 on: September 18, 2020, 08:48:12 am »
Seen a couple of their supporters on Twitter seemingly unhappy with the transfers they’ve done so far. Need a right-sided centre back, perhaps a midfielder and a forward. Looks like transfers are going slowly because Pep can’t promise any incoming players that he’ll be here beyond the end of this season.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10466 on: September 18, 2020, 09:35:21 am »
Seen a couple of their supporters on Twitter seemingly unhappy with the transfers they’ve done so far. Need a right-sided centre back, perhaps a midfielder and a forward. Looks like transfers are going slowly because Pep can’t promise any incoming players that he’ll be here beyond the end of this season.

Well, they lost Sane, who was a big contributor for them before the injury, and David Silva, who was an important player on their squad. Ake and Torres are very good squad players, but in reality they are backups for Laporte and Sterling. They needed to upgrade on Stones/Otamendi, and Aguero is 32 already.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #10467 on: September 18, 2020, 12:08:19 pm »
Well, they lost Sane, who was a big contributor for them before the injury, and David Silva, who was an important player on their squad. Ake and Torres are very good squad players, but in reality they are backups for Laporte and Sterling. They needed to upgrade on Stones/Otamendi, and Aguero is 32 already.

See, this is why I cannot for the life of me understand why the bookies and all the pundits have them as favourites to win the title. City might not get 80 points this season.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #10468 on: September 18, 2020, 12:23:21 pm »
Some people expect too much of them over at Blue Loon.

When you have people without a shred of self-respect, without a shred of respect for their opponents, without a shred of respect for the sport itself, and who are apologists for owners who have no human decency, then you allow them to post on a platform with moderators who also lack common decency, Blue Loon is the result.

I was surprised to see TAW do a special with them, if I am honest.

That forum is absolutely dreadful.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10469 on: September 18, 2020, 02:11:34 pm »
How miserable did Guardiola look in his presser?!

He really wants that new CB.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10470 on: September 18, 2020, 11:01:04 pm »
Aguero facing up to two months out. Expect them to spunk a fortune on a striker.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #10471 on: September 18, 2020, 11:41:02 pm »
Aguero facing up to two months out. Expect them to spunk a fortune on a striker.
If only Sergio could have a go on one of Klopp's inhalers. Shame.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10472 on: September 18, 2020, 11:48:25 pm »

Nailed it there mate. EVEN Everton have fleeced this lot, so join the queue, plently of money to be had if want to off load some shite. They've been pretty naive in many of their transfer dealings.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10473 on: September 18, 2020, 11:59:43 pm »
I was surprised to see TAW do a special with them, if I am honest.

That forum is absolutely dreadful.

Likewise, was very disappointed

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10474 on: September 19, 2020, 01:10:02 am »
I’m surprised Pep didn’t try to bring back Thiago.

Or maybe Thiago was like fuck no - I’ve played for that psycho at 2 clubs. Never again.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10475 on: September 19, 2020, 01:20:47 am »
I’m surprised Pep didn’t try to bring back Thiago.

Or maybe Thiago was like fuck no - I’ve played for that psycho at 2 clubs. Never again.

It’s been mentioned before that Thiago, even though he had a good professional relationship with Guardiola, didn’t want to work with him again, as there’s only so much of his intensity a player can put up with.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #10476 on: September 19, 2020, 01:23:34 am »
Nailed it there mate. EVEN Everton have fleeced this lot, so join the queue, plently of money to be had if want to off load some shite. They've been pretty naive in many of their transfer dealings.

Ha, I forgot how much they bombed on Stones, excellent work by the bitters. Well, if you're gonna boast about being loaded then be prepared to be fucked over by every other club. Karma and all that :wave

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #10477 on: September 19, 2020, 07:16:51 am »

Quality player. Despite playing for them lot he seems like a sound guy and model professional. Could be his last season in the Prem as well so sad for him.

Great for us though. And I´m definitely not sad for them lot.  ;)

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10478 on: September 19, 2020, 10:33:18 am »
Ha, I forgot how much they bombed on Stones, excellent work by the bitters. Well, if you're gonna boast about being loaded then be prepared to be fucked over by every other club. Karma and all that :wave

Don't forget and Rodwell (£12M in 2012) and Lescott (£22M in 2009). Actually Lescott was probably a reasonable signing for them but Rodwell??
 :o

They also raided Arsenal as well didn't they, with indifferent results. 
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10479 on: September 19, 2020, 11:21:04 am »
Don't forget and Rodwell (£12M in 2012) and Lescott (£22M in 2009). Actually Lescott was probably a reasonable signing for them but Rodwell??
 :o

They also raided Arsenal as well didn't they, with indifferent results. 

It is weird really, even with the using the unlimited funds cheat code, you would think that they would walk away from more deals just to downplay that factor to try and discourage any escalation in the city premium that clubs would ask for from them, but the only one that springs to mind was when Woodward went mental and offered Sanchez so much that even City backed away.