Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2815538 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons
« Reply #10400 on: September 10, 2020, 08:12:51 pm »
What's he on about when he says LFC have had the biggest spend in English football history?  :rollseyes

I must have missed all our signings, as we seem to be the only club not spending hundreds of millions just now, and we sure didn't spend much last season either.

Our net spend is a pittance, isn't it?

Is he talking since the club was founded?!

I guess it likely is high going back so long, what that has to do with Kloppo is anyones guess being as he has only been here since late 2015  ;D 

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10401 on: September 10, 2020, 08:16:14 pm »
What's he on about when he says LFC have had the biggest spend in English football history?  :rollseyes

I must have missed all our signings, as we seem to be the only club not spending hundreds of millions just now, and we sure didn't spend much last season either.

Just a fucking bellend isn't he.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #10402 on: September 10, 2020, 08:18:42 pm »

I guess it likely is high going back so long, what that has to do with Kloppo is anyones guess being as he has only been here since late 2015  ;D
I've no idea. I doubt his accusation would stack up even if we go back to 1892 to present day. We aren't exactly known as massive spenders, are we. We rarely buy superstars. We make them.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10403 on: September 10, 2020, 08:19:07 pm »
Just a fucking bellend isn't he.
It would appear so.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10404 on: September 10, 2020, 08:22:57 pm »
Man utd supporting mouthpiece for Man City, tells its own story.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10405 on: September 10, 2020, 08:28:08 pm »
Big Jurgen's got Brennan rattled again. ;D

https://twitter.com/ManCityMEN/status/1304091513140506624

Rattled indeed!

Trump levels of making shit up, conveniently forgetting net spend an pretending Abu Dhabi don’t run them ( :lmao ) an then I realised it’s their actual official Manchester paper!! The whole city is cryarsing and making shit up to cover their toy club  :lmao

Us winning the CL and smashing them in the league has completely broken them. Incredible!!

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #10406 on: September 10, 2020, 08:30:46 pm »

He actually qualifies it in the article as ‘second biggest calendar year spend’ for 2018 (I.e Virgil in Jan and Ali, Fab, Naby in the summer despite Naby being bought the previous year)

Edit: His desperation to paint us out to be pariahs is quite tragic
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 08:44:26 pm by Jshooters »
Believer

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #10407 on: September 10, 2020, 08:51:46 pm »
He actually qualifies it in the article as ‘second biggest calendar year spend’ for 2018 (I.e Virgil in Jan and Ali, Fab, Naby in the summer despite Naby being bought the previous year)

I’m sure he mentions the sale of Coutinho that paid for most of it though...
Internet terrorist

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10408 on: September 10, 2020, 09:07:07 pm »

He sounds like he makes it up as he goes along.

We sold a player for a ridiculous sum them reinvested the money on two players ... then he says ''LFC have had the biggest spend in English football history.''

Strange man. Mind you, everything coming out of Manchester seems to be strange these days.  :rollseyes

As you say. Tragic!

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #10409 on: September 10, 2020, 09:44:11 pm »

Interesting how they silence all the posts showing up their lies... Like the idea that LFC has had "the biggest spending of all"... Ridiculous. Takes a special type of brain to be so selective about facts and swallow all this tripe. Fucking hell.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10410 on: September 10, 2020, 09:44:22 pm »

I remember when Ferguson used to play these mind-games. I hate to compare our Jurgen to him, but it seems that our boss is mastering the dark arts.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10411 on: September 10, 2020, 09:58:40 pm »
Stu Gammon
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10412 on: September 10, 2020, 10:02:59 pm »
We're all still falling for MEN clickbait then.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10413 on: September 10, 2020, 10:03:04 pm »
Does the Liverpool Echo ever do this - have made-up articles obsessing over Guardiola??

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10414 on: September 10, 2020, 10:10:13 pm »
Does the Liverpool Echo ever do this - have made-up articles obsessing over Guardiola??

It has many flaws these days, but I've never seen it stoop to that level of pettiness. Could be wrong though.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #10415 on: September 10, 2020, 10:14:04 pm »

Why would they do that, has our club reached their level of insecurity?

Meh, worth a chuckle, that's all.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10416 on: September 10, 2020, 10:28:22 pm »
It has many flaws these days, but I've never seen it stoop to that level of pettiness. Could be wrong though.

oh yeah, the Echo is a really bad paper! Probably not got journos on a human rights abusers payroll yet like the M.E.N though  :P

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10417 on: September 10, 2020, 10:38:04 pm »
There are enough Liverpool fans to sustain the Liverpool Echo
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10418 on: September 10, 2020, 10:51:33 pm »
There are enough Liverpool fans to sustain the Liverpool Echo

Plenty of blues as well to get offended at the RS bias

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10419 on: September 10, 2020, 11:04:48 pm »
Plenty of blues as well to get offended at the RS bias

Yep, they've got the big fanbase clicks and the moral high ground clicks.

The Manc one has the big fanbase clicks but there aren't enough City fans for the moral high ground ones. They need to try and get the Liverpool fans interested.

Like City, desperately trying to create a rivalry with us. I always find that funny, City and Everton's biggest rivals are the Mancs and us, but our biggest rivals are each other.

That's how you know you're a small team.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10420 on: September 11, 2020, 05:35:49 am »
I remember when Ferguson used to play these mind-games. I hate to compare our Jurgen to him, but it seems that our boss is mastering the dark arts.
Ferguson was just a bully, not an ounce of wit in him.
He was no master of mind-games, just a bully.

Klopp's only mind-game os being himself, and being honest about it, without being worried.
He is a man at ease with being confused, and not being concerned about admitting it.
That's not mind-games, that's heavy metal Zen.

It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #10421 on: September 11, 2020, 06:40:33 am »

If that’s the case what about the Peter Swales years
Daley Reeves Marsh etc cost a few Bob in their day.
The first two cost more than Dalglish and were not fit to clean his boots.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #10422 on: September 11, 2020, 06:57:49 am »
I genuinely despair at this 'modern' trend of simply stating blatant untruths and holding it up as truth in the public arena  (Trump didn't start it but he did lend it considerable weight).

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10423 on: September 11, 2020, 08:08:11 am »
Ferguson was just a bully, not an ounce of wit in him.
He was no master of mind-games, just a bully.

Klopp's only mind-game os being himself, and being honest about it, without being worried.
He is a man at ease with being confused, and not being concerned about admitting it.
That's not mind-games, that's heavy metal Zen.

I still hate Ferguson with a passion, but he was more than a bully. He knew how to manipulate the media, and to put the pressure on the opposition.

Jurgen is obviously a very different person, but he is also using the media to his advantage, especially now from a position of power.

Online William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #10424 on: September 13, 2020, 08:25:03 pm »
Had a look on the blue moon forum yesterday and struggled to believe their mentality towards us, its just general hatred and irrationality, they genuinely believe that everything is some sort of conspiracy against them, that the entire football world is against them, a refusal to give us any genuine credit at all, its like they are the missing link to cavemen.

All those trophies won over the last few years and there doesn't seem one bit of genuine happiness about it, just a giant chip on their shoulder and like some comical disbelief that a club that was a similar size to aston villa just a few years back now has the biggest budget in world football without corrupt oil money inflating their income streams. Bizarre read.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10425 on: September 13, 2020, 08:28:02 pm »
Why bother lurking there?

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10426 on: September 13, 2020, 08:32:46 pm »
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10427 on: September 13, 2020, 08:37:17 pm »

I concur.

They will always despise us because we refuse to give them the respect they think they deserve.  That's all we need to know about them.

I still hate Ferguson with a passion, but he was more than a bully. He knew how to manipulate the media, and to put the pressure on the opposition.

Jurgen is obviously a very different person, but he is also using the media to his advantage, especially now from a position of power.

I've never really bought into this.  The media was fawning over United long before Ferguson ever turned up.  At one point they were absolutely battering him, the amount of money he'd spent for no return.  Then they won that poxy FA Cup and it saved his bacon face.  From that moment on the press were happy to trumpet his tune, and were willing attack dogs that went after his opponents. 

His buddies in the media, the FA, the refs etc, did Ferguson's dirty work for him, which is why he was able to dominate domestically but always fall on his bony arse in Europe.

They weren't manipulated - they were complicit.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #10428 on: September 13, 2020, 09:12:15 pm »

I enjoy reading differing opinions, stuff that challenges my own thoughts, i like to think i can be open minded and give credit where its due as football fan but blue moon has got to be one of the worst football forum reads i've experienced.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10429 on: September 13, 2020, 11:23:31 pm »
I'm not sure Blue Loon has "opinions", at least not in the conventional sense...
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10430 on: September 13, 2020, 11:28:32 pm »
I enjoy reading differing opinions, stuff that challenges my own thoughts, i like to think i can be open minded and give credit where its due as football fan but blue moon has got to be one of the worst football forum reads i've experienced.
Fair enough. Out of curiosity, do you find other forums enlightening? When I read news, I never take it from a single source, but I don't care much about opinions. Perhaps I'm missing on an experience... I've never been to another forum and don't really have the urge to do so. I'm sure they have some reasonable and knowledgeable fellas at any forum as we do have some good rivals guest opinions on here. but I can't imagine those few and far between posts can be easily found among all the vile rubbish... RAWK is not clean of that either, but at least I can indulge in reading red-tinted opinions. :)

Online William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #10431 on: September 15, 2020, 11:09:45 am »
Fair enough. Out of curiosity, do you find other forums enlightening? When I read news, I never take it from a single source, but I don't care much about opinions. Perhaps I'm missing on an experience... I've never been to another forum and don't really have the urge to do so. I'm sure they have some reasonable and knowledgeable fellas at any forum as we do have some good rivals guest opinions on here. but I can't imagine those few and far between posts can be easily found among all the vile rubbish... RAWK is not clean of that either, but at least I can indulge in reading red-tinted opinions. :)

I do find it interesting to read their reactions especially when we win, I look at most teams forums before we play them and look at city and utds a bit more often.  Red Cafe obviously has hatred but there are still common sense posters capable of taking the tinted glasses off and calling a spade a spade regarding us but Blue Moon is literally a different breed, the hatred, the lack of respect for the 96, the refusal to give any credit at all, they are adamant to a man they finished 18 points behinds because of Var, they are adamant to a man that our players take PEDs, there really isn't any resemblance of intelligence to give a common sense post to break up the blanket of blind hatred, like I say, all those trophies won since the Arab takeover and not an ounce of happiness, just anger and bitterness with the belief of conspiracy that the entire football world is against them. 

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #10432 on: September 15, 2020, 11:12:26 am »
I do find it interesting to read their reactions especially when we win, I look at most teams forums before we play them and look at city and utds a bit more often.  Red Cafe obviously has hatred but there are still common sense posters capable of taking the tinted glasses off and calling a spade a spade regarding us but Blue Moon is literally a different breed, the hatred, the lack of respect for the 96, the refusal to give any credit at all, they are adamant to a man they finished 18 points behinds because of Var, they are adamant to a man that our players take PEDs, there really isn't any resemblance of intelligence to give a common sense post to break up the blanket of blind hatred, like I say, all those trophies won since the Arab takeover and not an ounce of happiness, just anger and bitterness with the belief of conspiracy that the entire football world is against them. 

Because they know exactly how hollow it all is, plain and simple, thats the reason for the lack of joy and excessive hatred and bile that pours out of them

Online William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #10433 on: September 15, 2020, 11:26:24 am »
Because they know exactly how hollow it all is, plain and simple, thats the reason for the lack of joy and excessive hatred and bile that pours out of them

I think you're spot on with that, deep down they know they were the equivalent of aston villa 10 years ago and now they have the biggest budget in world football despite FFP.  I think it is hollow, I know quite a few older City supporters who don't have the same affinity for the club anymore, they know deep down that they have cheated the system, whilst the modern day city fan is now in some sort of deep denial about FFP.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10434 on: September 15, 2020, 11:30:36 am »
I think you're spot on with that, deep down they know they were the equivalent of aston villa 10 years ago and now they have the biggest budget in world football despite FFP.  I think it is hollow, I know quite a few older City supporters who don't have the same affinity for the club anymore, they know deep down that they have cheated the system, whilst the modern day city fan is now in some sort of deep denial about FFP.
They're not even Villa big, they have a better European pedigree than City.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #10435 on: September 15, 2020, 11:35:54 am »

Which is mad, because if I won the lottery, I'd have a big fucking daft grin on my face and id certainly be enjoying my wealth as much as the self made millionaire next door

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #10436 on: September 15, 2020, 11:43:09 am »
Which is mad, because if I won the lottery, I'd have a big fucking daft grin on my face and id certainly be enjoying my wealth as much as the self made millionaire next door

But if you moved to Alderley Edge and the established posh bastards all sneered at you for having a gold-plated Bugatti and serving caviar and foie gras butties at your parties, then complained to the authorities when you raced quad bikes round your garden, you might also become bitter and angry.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #10437 on: September 15, 2020, 11:45:03 am »
The analogy doesn't work for me, because it conflates profiting from sheer luck with profiting from being a monopolising, human-rights abusing oppressive regime.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10438 on: September 15, 2020, 11:45:51 am »

But if you moved to Alderley Edge and the established posh bastards all sneered at you for having a gold-plated Bugatti and serving caviar and foie gras butties at your parties, then complained to the authorities when you raced quad bikes round your garden, you might also become bitter and angry and decide to go beat and kill more migrant workers and suppress more women and other minorities.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #10439 on: September 15, 2020, 12:02:10 pm »
The analogy doesn't work for me, because it conflates profiting from sheer luck with profiting from being a monopolising, human-rights abusing oppressive regime.

Good point well made