Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3498749 times)

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #64520 on: November 27, 2021, 05:30:46 pm »
Can see masks coming back in as law but no chance the majority of the country would follow any social restrictions this time.
he's already said they will in retail and public transport, why they stopped is anybody's guess as it is more difficult to get people to start wearing them again, particularly when the clown rarely wears his
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64521 on: November 27, 2021, 05:31:04 pm »
They can't afford it - literally can't - hence being so cautious now - though if face masks wasn't part of the absurd culture war for the past six months - and we kept face masks being compulsory in shops and public transport...

Also would have been useful if the fuckwit-in-chief kept on wearing his mask in a fucking hospital instead of kow-towing to his fuckwitted base.

The arrogant fucking c*nt has done so much damage with his fuck off I'll do what I want attitude.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #64522 on: November 27, 2021, 05:31:53 pm »
Governments in most countries really got far too complacent over the last 6 months. Tha vaccines gave us a great chance to get on top of this but we've failed to:
1) ensure enough supply for all countries
2) get coverage in the west as high as it needed to be, using extreme persuasive measures
3) maintain some light touch mitigations (masks etc) to keep transmission minimised

Hospitals are suffering enough with Delta right now. Let's hope Omicron is not another level of challenge altogther.

Completely agree.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64523 on: November 27, 2021, 05:36:30 pm »
Fucking depressing as hell. I’ve had enough now.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #64524 on: November 27, 2021, 05:37:23 pm »
PM said contacts of people who test positive with a suspected case of the Omicron variant in England will need to self-isolate for 10 days regardless of their vaccination status.

"We need to slow down the spread of this variant here in the UK, because measures at the border can only ever minimise and delay the arrival of a new variant rather than stop it all together," he says.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #64525 on: November 27, 2021, 05:37:52 pm »
The arrogant fucking c*nt has done so much damage with his fuck off I'll do what I want attitude.

That’s the issue.

The fuckwit does what he wants so how they expect the public to follow.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #64526 on: November 27, 2021, 05:43:33 pm »
Face coverings going to be mandatory on public transport and retail settings it seems, Javid to make an announcement in the next day or so according to Johnson!

This new variant sounds a tad concerning, some vaccine escape seems likely according to Valance.

Surely it would be better for the government to err on the side of caution and move us up a tier or two rather than the wait and see approach they appear to be going down. That usually means they leave it too late and then need to go in harder

About bloody time. The train companies could do with putting more carriages on in the run up to Christmas that would also help.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64527 on: November 27, 2021, 05:46:12 pm »
he's already said they will in retail and public transport, why they stopped is anybody's guess as it is more difficult to get people to start wearing them again, particularly when the clown rarely wears his

It's crazy isn't it. Our local station had a great one way system going as well, which including going out via a gate so you didn't pass people coming in. Then they decided to lock the gate which is crazy as most people were trying to continue using the one way system. I don't get why these operations couldn't still have continued in the meantime.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #64528 on: November 27, 2021, 05:46:42 pm »
To be honest though even when face masks were mandatory at the height of the pandemic, I still saw a fair few people who didn't wear them on the tube, never going to be too effective unless it is actually enforced

Offline RF

• Are we there yet?... is it open?... where are we?... what's that?...it's a lazy twat! Is my card marked?.. Yes it is?
  • Kopite
« Reply #64529 on: November 27, 2021, 05:54:45 pm »
Lol, so masks in shops and public transport, but you can still go to a nightclub without one.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64530 on: November 27, 2021, 05:55:45 pm »
Masks in retail and public means fuck all to me, because Im not an idiot and wore them anyway.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #64531 on: November 27, 2021, 05:58:47 pm »
Masks in retail and public means fuck all to me, because Im not an idiot and wore them anyway.
Almost no one wears them near me. But I wear them at work in public spaces so it seems the norm

Seems a sensible move to do it until we know more about the Omicron variant
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64532 on: November 27, 2021, 06:00:23 pm »
39567 new cases and 131 deaths reported today

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64533 on: November 27, 2021, 06:02:24 pm »

That maybe true, but lately the majority using trains up here have stopped wearing masks and we've been saying for ages there was no reason to stop wearing them. Sometimes you are best to force the issue.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64534 on: November 27, 2021, 06:04:33 pm »
Face coverings going to be mandatory on public transport and retail settings it seems, Javid to make an announcement in the next day or so according to Johnson!

This new variant sounds a tad concerning, some vaccine escape seems likely according to Valance.

Surely it would be better for the government to err on the side of caution and move us up a tier or two rather than the wait and see approach they appear to be going down. That usually means they leave it too late and then need to go in harder

When has this government ever erred on the side of caution during this mess?  It's always been reactive, make-a-statement responses.

Boris will let things run as normal as possible until Christmas again, just like last year. Then the bite will come. It will just be a question of what he decides he can get away with. Seems to me it's mostly the anti-maskers, anti-vaxxers who are most opposed to restrictions anyway.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64535 on: November 27, 2021, 06:06:37 pm »
About bloody time. The train companies could do with putting more carriages on in the run up to Christmas that would also help.

Not really feasible for Merseyrail, sadly. Most stations aren't long enough to handle more than six carriages anyway, and I doubt they have the rolling stock to deploy nine car trains.

Making masks mandatory is kind of pointless because people just claim exemption and you can't prove that they're lying.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #64536 on: November 27, 2021, 06:11:05 pm »
Not really feasible for Merseyrail, sadly. Most stations aren't long enough to handle more than six carriages anyway, and I doubt they have the rolling stock to deploy nine car trains.

Making masks mandatory is kind of pointless because people just claim exemption and you can't prove that they're lying.

The Wirral Line train I use only ever has 3 carriages - I think Jill means up that to 6.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64537 on: November 27, 2021, 06:12:52 pm »

Last year most people were wearing masks and also when they had a reduced service on our line they all seemed to be using 6 car trains as well.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64538 on: November 27, 2021, 06:13:16 pm »
The Wirral Line train I use only ever has 3 carriages - I think Jill means up that to 6.

Depends on the destination and whether it's peak time too. I think New Brighton is almost always only three, but West Kirby goes to six at peak times. Chester seems to be mostly six, but I don't know about Ellesmere Port.

Like I said though, I don't think they have the rolling stock to deploy six carriage units everywhere, and the new trains that they have aren't even close to being ready for service yet.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64539 on: November 27, 2021, 06:13:18 pm »

Yes, that's right.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64540 on: November 27, 2021, 06:14:12 pm »
Depends on the destination and whether it's peak time too. I think New Brighton is almost always only three, but West Kirby goes to six at peak times. Chester seems to be mostly six, but I don't know about Ellesmere Port.

Like I said though, I don't think they have the rolling stock to deploy six carriage units everywhere, and the new trains that they have aren't even close to being ready for service yet.

Last year on reduced services New Brighton was getting six carriages sometimes I was almost sitting on my own early on in the morning.

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #64541 on: November 27, 2021, 06:14:24 pm »

West Kirby line hasn't had 6 for ages.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64542 on: November 27, 2021, 06:16:42 pm »
Last year most people were wearing masks and also when they had a reduced service on our line they all seemed to be using 6 car trains as well.

Yeah. They reduced the service frequency but had more carriages.  To me that's kind of robbing Peter to pay Paul though, as it almost certainly means trains will be crowded regardless.  What they need are more trains, but they just don't have them. :(

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64543 on: November 27, 2021, 06:18:36 pm »
West Kirby line hasn't had 6 for ages.

I was in West Kirby a few weeks ago around 5pm and they were setting up a six carriage train at the station. The coupling wasn't working though, so they had to leave it at three.

Last year on reduced services New Brighton was getting six carriages sometimes I was almost sitting on my own early on in the morning.

Well that's something.  I only usually use the services during off peak or evening times, so can't say what it's like of a morning. A mate of mine often gets the train into work from Eastham Rake though, and she says mask wearing and crowding has been bloody awful.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #64544 on: November 27, 2021, 06:19:50 pm »
I was in West Kirby a few weeks ago around 5pm and they were setting up a six carriage train at the station. The coupling wasn't working though, so they had to leave it at three.

Well that's something.  I only usually use the services during off peak or evening times, so can't say what it's like of a morning. A mate of mine often gets the train into work from Eastham Rake though, and she says mask wearing and crowding has been bloody awful.

I use the West Kirby Line regularly, at peak times, and off peak.  There hasn't been a 6 carriage one for ages.  They either need reintroduce them at peak times or up the frequency of the trains.   The train back from the match last Wednesday was packed and hardly a mask in sight.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 06:21:46 pm by Millie »

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64545 on: November 27, 2021, 06:21:41 pm »
I use the West Kirby Line regularly, at peak times, and off peak.  There hasn't been a 6 carriage one for ages.

I can only say what I saw. I guess I could be mixing it up with New Brighton, but I don't think I am.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64546 on: November 27, 2021, 06:22:22 pm »

It's certainly true mask wearing has fallen off the radar recently, I would say the majority don't bother. The other things that makes me laugh, is getting three lifts arriving at the same time the majority of people rush for the first lift rather than using all three! The number of times I've been on my own, really don't get that.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #64547 on: November 27, 2021, 06:25:59 pm »
When has this government ever erred on the side of caution during this mess?  It's always been reactive, make-a-statement responses.

Boris will let things run as normal as possible until Christmas again, just like last year. Then the bite will come. It will just be a question of what he decides he can get away with. Seems to me it's mostly the anti-maskers, anti-vaxxers who are most opposed to restrictions anyway.
oh absolutely, surely it would make sense to mandate home working again, particularly on the run up to Christmas but then again when did anything this government do ever make any sense!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #64548 on: November 27, 2021, 06:26:28 pm »
I can only say what I saw. I guess I could be mixing it up with New Brighton, but I don't think I am.

Well in that case, hopefully they are reintroducing the 6 carriages at peak times.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #64549 on: November 27, 2021, 06:28:00 pm »
With every passing week I feel more and more like the odd one out in shops and the odd train I get here in the south, for wearing a mask, cleaning my trolley before I go into a supermarket etc...

Came back from a week in the US this week. Went to NYC first where the large majority (90%+) in my experience, wore a mask and we were asked for proof of vaccination in every restaurant/bar we went to (with the exception of one). Then went to Cleveland where masks were non-existent really, and I don't think we were asked for proof of vaccination once. The Airport was the exception there, but when gently querying it with locals the response seemed to be that they either had a really high vaccination rate, or everyone had already had it... :/

My heart sinks a little when I walk into a supermarket and I see elderly people not wearing a mask. I feel like we have failed so many people.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #64550 on: November 27, 2021, 06:30:50 pm »
Will Johnson be required to wear a mask ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #64551 on: November 27, 2021, 06:31:35 pm »
Gobshites are exempt.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64552 on: November 27, 2021, 06:31:43 pm »
Well in that case, hopefully they are reintroducing the 6 carriages at peak times.

Here's hoping!

If Merseyrail have any sense they'll bring the new trains in ASAP and run them alongside the old ones if need be. I'll try and do my Christmas shopping next week in the daytime - I can only hope it's quieter around 11am to 3pm.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64553 on: November 27, 2021, 06:33:10 pm »

He should wear a fucking gag.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #64554 on: November 27, 2021, 06:39:53 pm »

2nd January I reckon - any lockdown before Xmas and the Tory knives will be sharpened and the letters to the '22 will be sent.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #64555 on: November 27, 2021, 06:40:24 pm »
That's the case in the US, Ciara, depends on the state. My wife and I went to Southern Utah and there were not many masks seen. If you go to Arizona, you can get assaulted for wearing one. One has to pick which state to go to by their own conviction.

On the flip side, many of these measures don't have the expected effect as being ascribed by the experts. I think that the vaccines are doing their fair bit, but masks are not nearly as effective as being portrayed, unless everyone wears them. I can't imagine for a moment that I have not been exposed to the virus. I must have been at some stage, it would be extraordinarily improbable not to. I think almost everyone leaving a "normal" life has been exposed.  But maybe the viral load wasn't enough for it to develop, maybe the transfer is less efficient, I don't know.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64556 on: November 27, 2021, 06:40:57 pm »

A cling film one would be good.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #64557 on: November 27, 2021, 06:58:21 pm »

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #64558 on: November 27, 2021, 07:49:06 pm »
Will there be a lockdown? I'm going to return to the UK in december
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64559 on: November 27, 2021, 07:54:35 pm »
Will there be a lockdown? I'm going to return to the UK in december

Dunno. Doubtful though.