Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3499068 times)

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #64480 on: November 26, 2021, 10:32:03 pm »
That makes no difference though does it,my cousin and his daughter were both double jabbed,the vaccine doesn't give you immunity or stop you from spreading.

Immunity, no. But it significantly reduces your chances of getting it, suffering badly and transmitting it. 

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #64481 on: November 26, 2021, 10:36:16 pm »
At least 15 people on 2 flights from South Africa test positive for coronavirus at Amsterdam Airport; number expected to rise, variant not yet known

Dutch health service says out of some 600 people on 2 South African planes, 15 are positive for COVID-19 and 95 are negative. Nearly 500 results still pending

You would imagine some of these will be Omicron, with those kind of numbers you would also imagine we have already imported a fair few cases in Europe.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 10:40:12 pm by filopastry »

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64482 on: November 26, 2021, 10:41:30 pm »
I'm off to Krakow on Monday until Friday next week. Do we reckon there's any danger of it not happening or the rug being pulled from under my feet while I'm there?

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64483 on: November 26, 2021, 10:42:31 pm »
From what I've read, you're right. Evolution doesn't always follow logic. Evolutionary biology shows that diseases can also get nastier as they mutate and that there's no dependable link between virulence and transmissibility. In fact, there have been very few cases of viruses losing their virulence as they mutate.

SARS was brought under control by contact tracing and quarantining - this was easier than with covid as symptomless transmission was virtually non-existent. H1N1 didn't get less virulent, immunity brought it under control. That's our best bet against covid - our body putting up a better defence, rather than hoping the virus will become weaker.

I haven’t looked into SARS much, or to be honest any transmissible virus other than this one, but I always thought that one of the reasons it was brought under control was because of its fatality rate . I could be totally wrong on that though!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64484 on: November 26, 2021, 10:42:53 pm »
I'm off to Krakow on Monday until Friday next week. Do we reckon there's any danger of it not happening or the rug being pulled from under my feet while I'm there?

Doubtful that any European travel ban is taking place soon.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64485 on: November 26, 2021, 10:44:31 pm »

I’m in the same position going to Gran Canaria on Friday. I think it will be alright to honest but yeah, I’m anxious about it.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64486 on: November 26, 2021, 11:00:11 pm »

I’m in the same position going to Gran Canaria on Friday. I think it will be alright to honest but yeah, I’m anxious about it.
Lanzarote on Friday for me, also very anxious. I'm holding off on paying for the day 2 test because by then they'll probably want a dozen PCRs and a month in quarantine.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #64487 on: November 26, 2021, 11:01:31 pm »
Omicron? was the person in charge of naming this varient tasked with finding the most ominous name possible?
:D

Offline John Higgins

• Anny Roader
« Reply #64488 on: November 26, 2021, 11:10:33 pm »
Omicron? was the person in charge of naming this varient tasked with finding the most ominous name possible?

Next available letter in the Greek alphabet that wasn’t going to confuse people. (Nu and Xi have been skipped)

http://stars.astro.illinois.edu/sow/greek.html

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64489 on: November 26, 2021, 11:10:50 pm »
Lanzarote on Friday for me, also very anxious. I'm holding off on paying for the day 2 test because by then they'll probably want a dozen PCRs and a month in quarantine.

I’m doing the same, you get the code (which is what you need) instantly anyway so there’s no benefit to booking it until you absolutely are certain you’re going.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #64490 on: November 26, 2021, 11:28:58 pm »
Omicron is the best Greek letter.  Wonderful word.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64491 on: November 27, 2021, 12:08:11 am »
You would imagine some of these will be Omicron, with those kind of numbers you would also imagine we have already imported a fair few cases in Europe.
That’s an oddly high percentage for their current level of infections.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #64492 on: November 27, 2021, 12:12:25 am »

you'll be fine here.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64493 on: November 27, 2021, 12:14:47 am »
That’s an oddly high percentage for their current level of infections.

It really is, I think they "only" had about 9% test positivity today

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #64494 on: November 27, 2021, 01:29:08 am »
The next variant will be 3.1415926536 time more infectious
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #64495 on: November 27, 2021, 06:31:44 am »
The next variant will be 3.1415926536 time more infectious

Ha ha.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64496 on: November 27, 2021, 09:03:48 am »
The WHO are so knee deep in politics its unreal. They said dont do travel bans but instead isolate the shit out of your lives. Hard to take them seriously.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #64497 on: November 27, 2021, 09:24:21 am »
Had booster yesterday (Moderna) - I was really ill after my previous two (AZ) but with this one I feel fine, apart from a very sore arm.  Hope it stays this way.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #64498 on: November 27, 2021, 11:10:22 am »
Cases now reported in Germany and Czech Republic
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64499 on: November 27, 2021, 11:48:51 am »
It really is, I think they "only" had about 9% test positivity today
61 positive out of 600 makes little sense with the official numbers. Maybe as it’s a transport hub for places outside South Africa, maybe not all passengers originated from there?

The Belgian case makes little sense too. Positive 11 days after return from Egypt. Means they’ve picked it up in Belgium, picked it up in Egypt or picked it up in transit. The first is most likely really.

The other two suggest it’s widespread in Africa outside of SA.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 11:51:45 am by djahern »

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64500 on: November 27, 2021, 12:06:01 pm »
Never mind the new variant the current one is bad enough.

Even anecdotally I can feel numbers rising. Hearing about more people I know having it recently and numbers where I work definitely gone up but now levelled off. Boosters definitely the way to go.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #64501 on: November 27, 2021, 12:15:39 pm »
It’s all so depressing. Best not to read the news for your own mental health especially with this shitshow of a government in charge of things.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 12:17:52 pm by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64502 on: November 27, 2021, 12:40:11 pm »
61 positive out of 600 makes little sense with the official numbers. Maybe as it’s a transport hub for places outside South Africa, maybe not all passengers originated from there?

The Belgian case makes little sense too. Positive 11 days after return from Egypt. Means they’ve picked it up in Belgium, picked it up in Egypt or picked it up in transit. The first is most likely really.

The other two suggest it’s widespread in Africa outside of SA.

Yes I see Florian Krammer was speculating that this likely did not originate in SA, it was just the first place it arrived in with decent genomics testing.

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64503 on: November 27, 2021, 12:43:02 pm »
Even anecdotally I can feel numbers rising. Hearing about more people I know having it recently and numbers where I work definitely gone up but now levelled off. Boosters definitely the way to go.

Yes London is definitely trending badly, glad I am boosted

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64504 on: November 27, 2021, 01:52:51 pm »
There’s a vaccination walk-in centre at my local shopping area.  Delighted to say there was a queue around the block, probably over 200 people. Age range between 16 and 70.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #64505 on: November 27, 2021, 02:08:07 pm »
First cases in the U.K…
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59445388

Time will tell if it’s worth worrying about.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #64506 on: November 27, 2021, 02:14:27 pm »
First cases in the U.K…

That, Mr Anderson, is the sound of inevitability.
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64507 on: November 27, 2021, 02:18:16 pm »
Just the 9000 people who have travelled from SA that they are trying track. Thats a lot of family emergencies.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #64508 on: November 27, 2021, 02:25:36 pm »
Governments in most countries really got far too complacent over the last 6 months. Tha vaccines gave us a great chance to get on top of this but we've failed to:
1) ensure enough supply for all countries
2) get coverage in the west as high as it needed to be, using extreme persuasive measures
3) maintain some light touch mitigations (masks etc) to keep transmission minimised

Hospitals are suffering enough with Delta right now. Let's hope Omicron is not another level of challenge altogther.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #64509 on: November 27, 2021, 02:49:22 pm »
Anti-vax, anti-mask protest on O'Connell Street in Dublin, got to be honest though it's like a different world over here, pretty much everyone where's a mask in shops, trains etc.

Can't get in a pub without a Vaccination passport, door people dealing with it without an issue, takes a bit longer to get in but think it's great, no idea why we don't do it in the UK
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64510 on: November 27, 2021, 05:18:48 pm »
Additional restrictions brought into the UK, all travellers into the UK need to take a PCR test on day 2 after arrival and quarantine until they receive a negative result, return of compulsory face masks in shops and public transport.

Also asking JCVI to look at expanding the eligible people for boosters and shorten the gap further between second dose and booster.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #64511 on: November 27, 2021, 05:20:50 pm »
Additional restrictions brought into the UK, all travellers into the UK need to take a PCR test on day 2 after arrival and quarantine until they receive a negative result, return of compulsory face masks in shops and public transport.

Also asking JCVI to look at expanding the eligible people for boosters and shorten the gap further between second dose and booster.

Way too sensible for this car crash of a government.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #64512 on: November 27, 2021, 05:22:45 pm »
Inevitable lockdown looming…
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #64513 on: November 27, 2021, 05:24:54 pm »

No chance.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64514 on: November 27, 2021, 05:25:14 pm »
Bunbling fucking idiot
Jurgen YNWA

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64515 on: November 27, 2021, 05:26:25 pm »
Can see masks coming back in as law but no chance the majority of the country would follow any social restrictions this time.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #64516 on: November 27, 2021, 05:26:29 pm »
No chance.
They’re not sharing half as much as they probably already know. What’s the point of the 3 week review? We only know cases are of the new variant are going to significantly rise over the next few weeks.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #64517 on: November 27, 2021, 05:27:02 pm »

They can't afford it - literally can't - hence being so cautious now - though if face masks wasn't part of the absurd culture war for the past six months - and we kept face masks being compulsory in shops and public transport...

Also would have been useful if the fuckwit-in-chief kept on wearing his mask in a fucking hospital instead of kow-towing to his fuckwitted base.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #64518 on: November 27, 2021, 05:27:56 pm »
They’re not sharing half as much as they probably already know. What’s the point of the 3 week review? We only know cases are of the new variant are going to significantly rise over the next few weeks.

There won’t be a lockdown.

They can’t afford to do so.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #64519 on: November 27, 2021, 05:28:05 pm »
Face coverings going to be mandatory on public transport and retail settings it seems, Javid to make an announcement in the next day or so according to Johnson!

This new variant sounds a tad concerning, some vaccine escape seems likely according to Valance.

Surely it would be better for the government to err on the side of caution and move us up a tier or two rather than the wait and see approach they appear to be going down. That usually means they leave it too late and then need to go in harder
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.