Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3499767 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #63800 on: November 12, 2021, 02:54:27 pm »
It literally took half a year between 14,000 and 15,000 deaths mate. In fact, we do better than Denmark and Norway at this very moment even with lower vaccination rates than either.

Hi Lobo :) No worries mate. It's actually 81 % but still the lowest in the Nordics.

You're a massive country with 10 million people living in it, so while 15,000 may sound low, you're deaths as a percentage to the total population is worse than Germany, who have 97000 deaths in 83 million. If you had the population of Germany, you'd be looking at at least 125,000 deaths.

Meanwhile the NHS is on its knees due to selfish idiots who won't get vaccinated and who are now clogging up hospitals, certain areas are saying do not go to A&E unless you are dying, we've no beds as they are full of covid patients.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #63801 on: November 12, 2021, 02:56:18 pm »
It's actually 81 % but still the lowest in the Nordics.

But 'voluntary social distancing' is whats making the difference :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63802 on: November 12, 2021, 03:11:04 pm »
But 'voluntary social distancing' is whats making the difference :D

How do you explain Waterford in Ireland which apparently has 99.5% of adults double jabbed but also has the highest incidence rate in Ireland?

Most of what I've read argues that this is due to the public willingness to take more 'risks' and negate previous social distancing.

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63803 on: November 12, 2021, 03:17:40 pm »
How do you explain Waterford in Ireland which apparently has 99.5% of adults double jabbed but also has the highest incidence rate in Ireland?

Most of what I've read argues that this is due to the public willingness to take more 'risks' and negate previous social distancing.

The chart shows deaths, not incidence. What is their death rate like? What is the ICU rate like in comparison?

It has been established that the vaccination will not fully stop you getting it. It does reduce the chance of getting it, prevent major sickness and ultimately deaths.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 03:19:20 pm by Craig S »

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #63804 on: November 12, 2021, 03:23:55 pm »
Anyone had the booster shot yet?
Booked in for mine next week, online info says expect it to take 45 min.
First 2 jabs only took 5 min at most, in and out from local doctors. boosters shots over 7 miles away , could have been handled better.
getting mine Wednesday. Coulda got it sooner. Doubt it’ll take that time like you said, in n out 5 minutes like the first couple

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63805 on: November 12, 2021, 03:30:29 pm »
getting mine Wednesday. Coulda got it sooner. Doubt it’ll take that time like you said, in n out 5 minutes like the first couple

Not interested in your sex life mate
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #63806 on: November 12, 2021, 03:32:39 pm »

;D
#Sausages

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #63807 on: November 12, 2021, 03:52:13 pm »

You’ll just feel a small prick.

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #63808 on: November 12, 2021, 04:07:06 pm »
;D

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #63809 on: November 12, 2021, 04:08:35 pm »
You're a massive country with 10 million people living in it, so while 15,000 may sound low, you're deaths as a percentage to the total population is worse than Germany, who have 97000 deaths in 83 million. If you had the population of Germany, you'd be looking at at least 125,000 deaths.

Meanwhile the NHS is on its knees due to selfish idiots who won't get vaccinated and who are now clogging up hospitals, certain areas are saying do not go to A&E unless you are dying, we've no beds as they are full of covid patients.

Sad as it is, a country with Germany's population will always record upwards of 900 k or more deaths in one year regardless of reason. The scaling is completely different.

As it was, approximately 10 % of Swedish deaths since March 2020 began have been of or with covid which is plainly average by European standards. Luckily though, excess mortality has been very low unlike in many other countries. This is a result of the care homes badly messing up their routines and protocols before the elders got vaccinated. The excess mortality outside of care homes are slim to none and last time I checked we're heading for a normal year in 2021 in terms of that. Even last year was just a few hundred deaths above 2015 here.

So I would say we've done okay. I'd expect Germany, the Netherlands and Austria to pass us for per capita deaths sooner rather than later given the numbers in those countries. Once that occurs that solely leaves the other Nordic nations, Switzerland and Ireland as doing better in terms of per capita looking at sizeable enough European nations.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 04:13:17 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #63810 on: November 12, 2021, 04:11:14 pm »
You’ll just feel a small prick.
The fucking chuckle brothers ladies an gentlemen ;D

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #63811 on: November 12, 2021, 04:15:45 pm »

My neck of the woods. It's being used by anti vax twats as an example of how the vaccines dont work. However what fails to be recognized is that we also have low hospitalization and ICU rates.
We've also had low rates of covid throughout the pandemic so there was very little natural immunity either. Rates are beginning to drop in a number of areas now too.

Countrywide non vaccinated people make up 65% of ICU cases. If those tools got jabbed we'd have no hospital crisis.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #63812 on: November 12, 2021, 04:18:19 pm »
Wouldn't someone who got tested randomly while their antibodies fight off the virus also come up positive?

Thinking that mass testing of immunized people with very mild or no symptoms might be a reason why Waterford come up with a lot of cases more than anything.
Linudden.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #63813 on: November 12, 2021, 04:25:24 pm »
Wouldn't someone who got tested randomly while their antibodies fight off the virus also come up positive?

Thinking that mass testing of immunized people with very mild or no symptoms might be a reason why Waterford come up with a lot of cases more than anything.

I suppose they would. Equally wouldn't some who got tested randomly while their antibodies are overwhelmed or they have cycotoxic shock come up as positive?

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63814 on: November 12, 2021, 04:47:54 pm »

It had the highest rate - while it's still high, they've been overtaken by a few places now. It's hard to get regional breakdown in Ireland but for the last two weeks nationwide 25% of infections were in under 18's, so not part of that 99.5% statistic. Another 25% were aged 19-34. Is Waterford younger than the national average for example?

The other thing I would say is that I really struggle to believe that 99.5% of adults in Waterford are double vaccinated. It points for me to a denominator issue, that the 99.5% is based upon numbers of residents in the last census. If it's inaccurate, then the resulting % vaccinated is inaccurate. Related to that, if it is wrong then the incidence rate is also inaccurate and underestimated as that is also working off the same inaccurate total resident figure.

I think Ireland is suffering from both an overestimate of it's vaccination rate and an underestimate of it's infection rate going by official figures. The last census was 2016, the census of 2021 has been delayed until 2022, so figures could be very much out of date, especially in specific age groups. It's easy to imagine that Waterford sits at the top of the vaccination rate while somewhere remote like Donegal sits at the bottom purely because those who live in rural areas are more likely not to get it. But it's not difficult to imagine either that the population of Waterford has increased at a much higher rate than Donegal since 2016 and with accurate population figures, the difference between them might not be so large - and the true rate is closer to Donegal's than Waterford's.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 04:50:54 pm by djahern »

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #63815 on: November 12, 2021, 04:56:41 pm »
Do they have an outdates population count system in Ireland?

Here it's very smooth in that they have a live tracker of all changed addresses and can say with near certainty what the population of any local authority is at all times.
Linudden.

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63816 on: November 12, 2021, 04:57:44 pm »
Interested in what the more clued up on here think about this.

I'm eligible for my booster just after Xmas. A couple of weeks ago I had Covid. Assuming we are only going to be eligible for 1 booster every X months does it make sense to rely on the antibodies from the actual infection for the time being and put off taking the booster for maybe 3-4 months?

Or does it make more sense to get the booster as soon as I am able, double up my immunity through the winter months and then rely on things following the same pattern as the last couple of years and rely on protection from the low case numbers through summer.

I was lucky enough to only get very mild symptoms (although I've lost my sense of smell for the time being). So I'm less concerned about getting it again myself, more wanting to do the best thing to ensure that I am less likely to pass the virus on and add to the strain on the NHS.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63817 on: November 12, 2021, 05:05:11 pm »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63818 on: November 12, 2021, 05:37:17 pm »
40375 new cases and 145 deaths reported today.

Meanwhile Johnson prefers to focus on Europe

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-boris-johnson-issues-warning-about-coronavirus-cases-in-europe-and-urges-britons-to-get-their-booster-jab-12467037

Deflect by throwing shit at Europe is a tried and tested method for that vile fat c*nt
Jurgen YNWA

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63819 on: November 12, 2021, 05:44:25 pm »
It had the highest rate - while it's still high, they've been overtaken by a few places now. It's hard to get regional breakdown in Ireland but for the last two weeks nationwide 25% of infections were in under 18's, so not part of that 99.5% statistic. Another 25% were aged 19-34. Is Waterford younger than the national average for example?

The other thing I would say is that I really struggle to believe that 99.5% of adults in Waterford are double vaccinated. It points for me to a denominator issue, that the 99.5% is based upon numbers of residents in the last census. If it's inaccurate, then the resulting % vaccinated is inaccurate. Related to that, if it is wrong then the incidence rate is also inaccurate and underestimated as that is also working off the same inaccurate total resident figure.

I think Ireland is suffering from both an overestimate of it's vaccination rate and an underestimate of it's infection rate going by official figures. The last census was 2016, the census of 2021 has been delayed until 2022, so figures could be very much out of date, especially in specific age groups. It's easy to imagine that Waterford sits at the top of the vaccination rate while somewhere remote like Donegal sits at the bottom purely because those who live in rural areas are more likely not to get it. But it's not difficult to imagine either that the population of Waterford has increased at a much higher rate than Donegal since 2016 and with accurate population figures, the difference between them might not be so large - and the true rate is closer to Donegal's than Waterford's.

FT tracker has ireland sitting at 75.3% fully vaccinated although unsure how that breaks down regionally

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker/?areas=gbr&areas=isr&areas=usa&areas=eue&areas=can&areas=chn&areas=ind&cumulative=1&doses=total&populationAdjusted=1

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #63820 on: November 12, 2021, 05:56:20 pm »
AZ are to start making a profit on their vaccine from next year on orders placed by wealthier countries.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63821 on: November 12, 2021, 06:03:03 pm »
AZ are to start making a profit on their vaccine from next year on orders placed by wealthier countries.

Yep

https://news.sky.com/story/astrazeneca-eyes-modest-profit-from-covid-19-vaccine-12466692

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63822 on: November 12, 2021, 06:15:41 pm »

Some good points. As I pointed out earlier we have low Hospitalization rates in Waterford thanks to the high vaccination rate and rates are dropping in a number of areas already.

And you're correct, the 99.5% vaccination rate isn't in any way reflective of what  I see around me. I work on a shift of 25 people. 4 are unvaccinated that I know of. I also know a good few anti vaxxers outside of work.  Unless I know the entire 0.5% the figures are wrong.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #63823 on: November 12, 2021, 06:28:39 pm »
Sat here as advised for 15 mins post moderna( I'm an az first n second doses)
Got flu jab done on wed after a bit of a wait 
Queued for about ten mins to get in , so in to out about 45 mins. Oooer matron .

Off to sunny Aberdeen next week. Any heads ups on what rulesay be different up there? Got the NHS app showing both bjabs which I guess I need. Did they sort out the early problem with the English not having the Scottish proof of jab?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #63824 on: November 12, 2021, 06:44:07 pm »
Off to sunny Aberdeen next week

Let's hope Elmo doesn't see this ;D
Linudden.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63825 on: November 12, 2021, 06:46:39 pm »
Waterford isn't the only place with high percentage of vaccination and having a bit of a spike. Iceland is currently going through a bit of a high surge in cases at the moment. It was only a few weeks ago that the people there more or less thought they had it beaten.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63826 on: November 12, 2021, 08:18:33 pm »
I'm kinda hoping Elmo does see it as he'll know about covid passports.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #63827 on: November 12, 2021, 09:40:00 pm »
download the NHS App, has the CoVid passport there, if you haven't done it already you need to register with proof of ID or video and copy of driving licence or passport. It could take up to 24 hours to get approved though so make sure you do it in plenty of time
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #63828 on: November 12, 2021, 11:29:01 pm »
The Upper Austrian region (Oberösterreich) just said that by forcing unvaccinated people to stay at home. Some people here seemed very supportive of the 'very progressive and enlightened' idea as well. I used to hold Austria in very high regard and I had a nice time visiting it in my teens, but it sadly has turned into an utter horror show at this point.

Mate just quit talking about stuff you have no fucking clue about. You haven't been to Austria since your teens, but "it sadly has turned into an utter horror show". You have no clue what it is like living here and I would imagine you have no clue about what the exact situation is. Just like when you claimed in the other thread that the "Alternative für Deutschland" is not a right-wing neo-nazi party and then just fucked off after it was shown to you that they actually are. Talk about Sweden, talk about where you ride your bike, but stop talking about countries you have absolutely no clue about.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #63829 on: November 12, 2021, 11:36:19 pm »
Do they have an outdates population count system in Ireland?

Here it's very smooth in that they have a live tracker of all changed addresses and can say with near certainty what the population of any local authority is at all times.
Where you live sounds amazing.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63830 on: November 13, 2021, 06:43:42 am »
download the NHS App, has the CoVid passport there, if you haven't done it already you need to register with proof of ID or video and copy of driving licence or passport. It could take up to 24 hours to get approved though so make sure you do it in plenty of time
Cheers. Have that done already so I'm good to go 😃

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #63831 on: November 13, 2021, 11:48:53 am »
The Dutch are upping their covid measures. All supermarkets, night clubs and restaurants will need to close at 8pm for the next three weeks.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63832 on: November 13, 2021, 12:05:15 pm »

Can't see it through the clouds and fog.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63833 on: November 13, 2021, 12:07:04 pm »

You probably won't need it the passport unless you plan on going to a nightclub. I've not needed mine yet (getting a bit old for clubbing  ;D).

In terms of other rules, it's basically just that masks are still mandatory on public transport and shops etc. Not that it is being enforced, though still very high compliance.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #63834 on: November 13, 2021, 04:30:51 pm »

Up we go again…..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63835 on: November 13, 2021, 05:34:27 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-59274090

The "God particle". That's a new one. Is it a particle that's got a tiny little God in it and he tells you what to do? That'd be disconcerting in of itself.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63836 on: November 13, 2021, 05:41:22 pm »
38,351 new cases. 157 deaths. :(

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #63837 on: November 13, 2021, 05:50:40 pm »

Up we go again…..

I thought we always looked at the specimen date?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63838 on: November 13, 2021, 05:55:26 pm »

The "God particle". That's a new one. Is it a particle that's got a tiny little God in it and he tells you what to do? That'd be disconcerting in of itself.

Must’ve caught a report on Higgs Boson and put 2 and 2 together and got 7.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63839 on: November 13, 2021, 06:36:46 pm »

Joke sentences, they should have got 7 - 10 years for that.
Jurgen YNWA