Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3508035 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: COVID-19 - The General Stuff Thread. NO CONSPIRACY SHITE!
« Reply #10720 on: March 21, 2020, 02:17:34 pm »
Me too. Have had a blocked nose for past 4 days with no sense of smell or taste. No fever or cough. Have underlying heart condition, so it's starting to worry me now.

It sounds a bit like sinus issues I suffer with that as well. I have no sense of smell and the usual face ache, blocked nose, then it clears again. Then gets blocked up again for weeks on end.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Currywurst

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10721 on: March 21, 2020, 02:19:05 pm »
Bit confused by that, info is everywhere, unless you're in a bunker with just a radio (that can you can use to somehow log onto this site).

I can access all the info, but of course it's natural to select the bits which seem to relate to you personally, that's all.
Füreinander, nicht jeder für sich.

Offline Currywurst

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #10722 on: March 21, 2020, 02:20:36 pm »
It sounds a bit like sinus issues I suffer with that as well. I have no sense of smell and the usual face ache, blocked nose, then it clears again. Then gets blocked up again for weeks on end.

That sounds like it, Jill. I must try to filter out things which aren't relevant, but it's difficult as a layperson to know what applies.
Füreinander, nicht jeder für sich.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #10723 on: March 21, 2020, 02:27:56 pm »
I know people complaining about panic buying but then completely changing their shopping habits and going in early to do a bigger shop than they normally would

It's normal and understandable to want to be able to get your shopping in but if everyone is doing that it's contributing to the empty shelves as much as panic buying. Not being critical of them, just everyone changing their shopping habits is going to be hard for the shops to suddenly adapt to
To me, two things have happened here.

Firstly, there was totally unnecessary panic buying early on. This was the lighting of the blue touch-paper.

Others see the panic buying then feel compelled to also go out and get stuff in before it all goes. This fuels the problem further. Others who were shopping normally are then compelled to grab what they can too. Eventually, everyone is panic-buying to some extent or other.

Secondly, as the crisis has developed, social distancing has become so important. This means people will feel the need to buy more items, but in fewer visits to the shops. So, less visits in order to expose less to the possibility of infection, but as much shopping in the trolley as people can get hold of and/or afford. Also, many of those who would still like to shop responsibly are feeling compelled to grab what they can because they know if they don't, the panicking locusts will buy it all instead. It's a vicious circle, that once rolling, is difficult to stop.

As far as I'm aware, there are still no actual shortages of things, so if the initial panic buyers had kept their heads, there would be little in the way of problems getting hold of anything you need. Those knee-jerkers and scumbags who bought stuff in bulk to sell on at a profit in the crisis have caused this whole mess at the shops and should be ashamed of themselves.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 02:31:12 pm by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #10724 on: March 21, 2020, 02:29:24 pm »
Around about the 20th Feb, I got struck down with a flu-like virus, but with stomach cramps and a touch of vomitting. I've had something like this before, but the difference on this occasion is it proper wiped me out, I was in bed for 3 days absolutely knackered. Sweating, shivering, drained.

It probably was just stomach flu, but now I genuinely do wonder if it was COVID-19.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10725 on: March 21, 2020, 02:30:46 pm »
Stomach cramps and vomitting are not symptoms of COVID-19, you didn't have it.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10726 on: March 21, 2020, 02:31:08 pm »
I can access all the info, but of course it's natural to select the bits which seem to relate to you personally, that's all.
Ahh ok, got you.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10727 on: March 21, 2020, 02:32:53 pm »
Pretty so everyone could convince themselves they've had it if they tried. Few people are going to go from November to March without a cold/flu/fever/sickness of some sort.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10728 on: March 21, 2020, 02:34:32 pm »
Good fucking god I do wish Italy’s numbers would start to drop

So many in this country are completely ignoring this

Yep looking at Italy's figures who had a head start on us, it's really going to kick in now in the next 14 days here.

Brace yourself guys.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #10729 on: March 21, 2020, 02:37:32 pm »
Yep looking at Italy's figures who had a head start on us, it's really going to kick in now in the next 14 days here.

Brace yourself guys.

One of my team is Italian and her family still live near Naples. She told me the numbers of it spreading (new cases) are slowing down in Italy.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10730 on: March 21, 2020, 02:40:36 pm »
That sounds like it, Jill. I must try to filter out things which aren't relevant, but it's difficult as a layperson to know what applies.

You will find that people will have suffer differently, I mean sometimes I get a blaring headache with my sinus as well as the face ache. Have you tried dosing yourself with some menthol crystals, I find that can help relieve the stuffiness and at least free you for a bit. Don't use too many or else it will blow your head off.  ;D

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #10731 on: March 21, 2020, 02:42:21 pm »
I wish they'd let you buy as much bog roll and pasta as you like. Then just confiscate excess on your way out.
Obviously I understand the difficulty with deciding what excess is.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #10732 on: March 21, 2020, 02:42:44 pm »
Does It Bother You

So do you feel self-satisfied, full of content?
Was that huge shopping bill money well spent?
Did you ignore the advice, warnings to heed?
Does it bother you, the results of your greed?

Now that your cupboards are full to the brim.
Do you feel a little smug a warm feeling within?
Well how about those now left short or without?
Because the vulnerable will suffer most no doubt.

Or the night worker with morning basket in hand.
Who face near empty shelves in this selfish land.
We’re in this together, but you wouldn’t think so.
Think of others, what you do, or wherever you go.

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10733 on: March 21, 2020, 02:43:11 pm »
You will find that people will have suffer differently, I mean sometimes I get a blaring headache with my sinus as well as the face ache. Have you tried dosing yourself with some menthol crystals, I find that can help relieve the stuffiness and at least free you for a bit. Don't use too many or else it will blow your head off.  ;D
Face ache? That sounds more like an insult than a symptom!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #10734 on: March 21, 2020, 02:43:13 pm »
A Doctor on BBC News saying that there are new symptoms if you are not suffering from the dry cough etc it's being reported more and more people have a loss of smell and taste.

I went out and bought a pair of light brown flares yesterday and I look mighty fine with them. The Open necked Hawaii shirt and medallion look well cool with them.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10735 on: March 21, 2020, 02:44:11 pm »
So guys I did a massive shop earlier as there was a big delivery in. Bought loo roll, pasta,bread, soup, hand gels the lot. My trolley was absolutely rammed full. Then I saw this old girl behind me with only two things. She looked sad and said “I’ve only managed to get a box of Kleenex and a bag of nuts everything else is gone“😞.

I felt terrible. Here I am with all this stuff waiting in line and this poor old girl had sod all.

So I did the right thing and said to her “go on love, you go in front, you’ve only got two things" 😂😂

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10736 on: March 21, 2020, 02:45:43 pm »
Face ache? That sounds more like an insult than a symptom!

I wish! I used to always make myself dentist appointments then be told nothing I had nothing wrong with my teeth stop wasting my time, before I realised what was causing it. I can't even remember the last time my sinus was remotely clear.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10737 on: March 21, 2020, 02:47:13 pm »
One of my team is Italian and her family still live near Naples. She told me the numbers of it spreading (new cases) are slowing down in Italy.

At least there's light at the end of the tunnel.

I have just heard personally of someone else who may have died from the virus. They were in hospital for a few weeks with something else but have died and no family allowed to view the body and undertakers not allowed (or not willing) to take the body.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10738 on: March 21, 2020, 02:49:18 pm »
So guys I did a massive shop earlier as there was a big delivery in. Bought loo roll, pasta,bread, soup, hand gels the lot. My trolley was absolutely rammed full. Then I saw this old girl behind me with only two things. She looked sad and said “I’ve only managed to get a box of Kleenex and a bag of nuts everything else is gone“😞.

I felt terrible. Here I am with all this stuff waiting in line and this poor old girl had sod all.

So I did the right thing and said to her “go on love, you go in front, you’ve only got two things" 😂😂

:odd

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #10739 on: March 21, 2020, 02:50:39 pm »
Does It Bother You

snip....
Nice one Mike - very apt.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #10740 on: March 21, 2020, 02:52:08 pm »
This is me. Developed a fever Tuesday, lasted until Thursday when the sore throat and loss of smell and taste developed which i still have now.

I was convinced it was just a normal flu, cold cause i havent coughed once and my lungs are fine, strange.
It's good your lungs are fine, that's what we all want to hear. Let's hope you've had it and its over for you, brilliant mate.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #10741 on: March 21, 2020, 02:55:31 pm »
@JeremyCliffe
In these times of crazed panic-buying, here's Angela Merkel showing how it's done:

- one (1) pack of toilet roll
- a smattering of sundry items
- four (4) bottles of wine

These are proper proportions....

Offline DJBrenton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10742 on: March 21, 2020, 03:03:34 pm »
A coffee bar in Leicester called Mum's coffee shop has people sat at their pavement tables. The idiot owner posted 'Today we are working on a takeaway service only all our items in our menu are available as a takeaway there is no inside seating available we are following the government guidelines to the letter'

Wrong.

The outside seating forms part of the premises.  Group 1 schedule 8 of the VAT act defines that as part of the premises so it does not constitute takeaway.

Disgraceful attempt at circumventing the restriction. I guess he thinks pubs should serve 'carry out' to be consumed in the beer garden as it's not indoors.
I have no children on RAWK. Anyone claiming to be my daughter is a blagger trying to bask in reflected glory.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #10743 on: March 21, 2020, 03:05:15 pm »
just thinking outside the box. How about ice cream vans instead of selling ice-cream, sell basic provisions street to street to allow the elderly/disabled to at least get some basics like milk eggs etc?? 

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #10744 on: March 21, 2020, 03:05:54 pm »
https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexwickham/10-days-that-changed-britains-coronavirus-approach

Worth reading this. A damning assessment of the UK government's actions, and lack of action, over the last few weeks.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #10745 on: March 21, 2020, 03:11:32 pm »
A coffee bar in Leicester called Mum's coffee shop has people sat at their pavement tables. The idiot owner posted 'Today we are working on a takeaway service only all our items in our menu are available as a takeaway there is no inside seating available we are following the government guidelines to the letter'

Wrong.

The outside seating forms part of the premises.  Group 1 schedule 8 of the VAT act defines that as part of the premises so it does not constitute takeaway.

Disgraceful attempt at circumventing the restriction. I guess he thinks pubs should serve 'carry out' to be consumed in the beer garden as it's not indoors.
Yeah, dunces aren't they. I posted yesterday about the pub in Dorset (before the compulsion to close) putting a sign up outside saying -  'Alcohol kills the virus' .....fucking mad !

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #10746 on: March 21, 2020, 03:32:34 pm »
Woman I know has posted on Facebook that her local Tesco is opening an hour early tomorrow for NHS workers and how she’s pleased to be able to beat the rush. Don’t get me wrong she does an important job but it’s desk based, Monday to Friday and from what I know of it, will have nothing to do with covid 19. Surely these times should be solely for those NHS workers on the front line should it not?
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10747 on: March 21, 2020, 03:33:13 pm »

FFS That proper tickled me. And, you had me right up the end too! ;D
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10748 on: March 21, 2020, 03:33:21 pm »
just thinking outside the box. How about ice cream vans instead of selling ice-cream, sell basic provisions street to street to allow the elderly/disabled to at least get some basics like milk eggs etc?? 
Brother in law has an ice cream van. Reckon he will make a killing with so many kids at home. But should be be out spreading the virus? Maybe less bad than people going to supermarket. He's a chef too so would know hygiene protocols.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #10749 on: March 21, 2020, 03:36:02 pm »

Rife for profiteering though.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10750 on: March 21, 2020, 03:37:45 pm »
Rife for profiteering though.

Yeah that was my first thought, no way they're not charging double at least

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10751 on: March 21, 2020, 03:58:59 pm »
Lots of c*nts I know today and last night around and about in pubs, seeing friends, visiting other halves etc. Posting videos/tweets in group chats about the severity of this all, then outright violating the advice being given. Clear at this stage the government need to invoke a proper lock down with fines for people (thick bastards) found unnecessarily outside of their houses.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10752 on: March 21, 2020, 04:03:56 pm »

You absolutely hooked me there  :lmao
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10753 on: March 21, 2020, 04:09:52 pm »
Lots of c*nts I know today and last night around and about in pubs, seeing friends, visiting other halves etc. Posting videos/tweets in group chats about the severity of this all, then outright violating the advice being given. Clear at this stage the government need to invoke a proper lock down with fines for people (thick bastards) found unnecessarily outside of their houses.

I thought pubs were shut?

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10754 on: March 21, 2020, 04:10:24 pm »
It's good your lungs are fine, that's what we all want to hear. Let's hope you've had it and its over for you, brilliant mate.
I live in spain and was actually in Bergamo 2 weeks ago so its probably likely. Annoying we cant test to be sure though.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #10755 on: March 21, 2020, 04:10:55 pm »

Sounds to me Jill, as though it might be rhinitis. The other posters are even more susceptible to rhinitis if they have self isolated, because of the lack of fresh air. Being indoors in colder weather, with central heating on, and no escape for the chemical residues of kitchen, bathroom, and general house cleaning stuff, will increase effects of rhinitis if you’re susceptible to it.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10756 on: March 21, 2020, 04:11:11 pm »

You can still walk in the park as a family can’t you? As long as you don’t mix with anyone else?

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10757 on: March 21, 2020, 04:12:05 pm »
My mobile phone contract is with Virgin Mobile and they sent me a text yesterday to say that they are putting me on unlimited minutes and an extra 10Gb of data, which is nice, I assume its to do with the pandemic? It means I'll now be able to stream all the sports to my phone....oh wait!!

I was watching the press conference before with the representative from the retail sector and she said that although there will be enough food, the choice might be a bit more limited. I was in Lidl last week and still managed to get some Scotch eggs, hopefully the supply of such essentials won't be affected.

My missus is showing cold symptoms at the moment so I thought I'd check our temperatures. I have a test meter with a thermocouple attachment from the days when I used to be a proper engineer, so I used that to check us both. It showed that we are both about 35 DegC and when I looked it up, it turns out that we are both boardline hypothermia cases!
 ;D
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10758 on: March 21, 2020, 04:14:38 pm »
Sounds to me Jill, as though it might be rhinitis. The other posters are even more susceptible to rhinitis if they have self isolated, because of the lack of fresh air. Being indoors in colder weather, with central heating on, and no escape for the chemical residues of kitchen, bathroom, and general house cleaning stuff, will increase effects of rhinitis if you’re susceptible to it.

Not even heard of rhinitis to be honest.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10759 on: March 21, 2020, 04:18:34 pm »
My mobile phone contract is with Virgin Mobile and they sent me a text yesterday to say that they are putting me on unlimited minutes and an extra 10Gb of data, which is nice, I assume its to do with the pandemic? It means I'll now be able to stream all the sports to my phone....oh wait!!

EE just texted me to say no data needed to access any NHS sites, but no free allowance or anything.