Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3303271 times)

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man United thread. Revolution Number... 6?
« Reply #37000 on: June 28, 2022, 04:24:56 pm »
They're hijacking the deal for Feyenords Tyrell Malacia, LB, who was going to Lyon. £15m apparently..

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #37001 on: June 28, 2022, 04:27:31 pm »
They're hijacking the deal for Feyenords Tyrell Malacia, LB, who was going to Lyon. £15m apparently..
So Tyrell will be going to the corporation?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37002 on: June 28, 2022, 04:28:58 pm »
Always knew Ten Haag was a Replicant.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37003 on: June 28, 2022, 05:05:36 pm »
Isn’t Malacia Latin for ‘bad’?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37004 on: June 28, 2022, 05:17:30 pm »
Why where Barcelona so desperate to get rid of de Jong? I know they need to sell to register players, I’m guessing he just happens to be one of their very few salable assets?  What a mad situation, being forced out to go to a club you don’t want to be at.

Looks like ten Hag is going down the very basic route of signing players or trying to sign players he already knows from his old club!

Probably because La Masia has once again produced 3 brilliant young midfielders in Pedri, Gonzales and Gavi ...

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37005 on: June 28, 2022, 05:20:33 pm »

Nah. He's going to Disneyland.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37006 on: June 28, 2022, 05:20:39 pm »
Isn’t Malacia Latin for ‘bad’?
It means "weakness".

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37007 on: June 28, 2022, 06:37:51 pm »
A player who doesn't want to be there forced out by his dream club and a LB who played 98 games in the Dutch league scoring 4 with 8 assists, his numbers are pretty meh.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37008 on: June 28, 2022, 07:28:05 pm »
Valid points. Especially about switching a post about transfers to a political one. So I thought we not mixing politics with sport. But hypocrites pick and choose whenever they wish to so and whenever it suits them. There is always 2 sides to a coin. Learn to listen and respect the other side too. Dont just mock and ban like RT news lol. Hypocrites gettin exposed all over.

Who's being hypocritical ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #37009 on: June 28, 2022, 09:29:51 pm »
A player who doesn't want to be there forced out by his dream club and a LB who played 98 games in the Dutch league scoring 4 with 8 assists, his numbers are pretty meh.
I’ve watched a little bit of Malacia when looking at Sinisterra. He’s a decent player, certainly not one at present that belongs in a top side, has some potential. It’s funny that they’re looking to get rid of a defensively solid right back who can’t attack to save his life and they’re bringing in a left back of that variety.

Smacks to me of Ten Hag going for a player he quite fancied having at Ajax.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37010 on: June 28, 2022, 10:15:30 pm »
I’ve watched a little bit of Malacia when looking at Sinisterra. He’s a decent player, certainly not one at present that belongs in a top side, has some potential. It’s funny that they’re looking to get rid of a defensively solid right back who can’t attack to save his life and they’re bringing in a left back of that variety.

Smacks to me of Ten Hag going for a player he quite fancied having at Ajax.

Harks back to the days of Moyes wanting to sign Fellaini and Baines the summer he took over at Man Utd.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #37011 on: June 28, 2022, 10:35:10 pm »
Valid points. Especially about switching a post about transfers to a political one. So I thought we not mixing politics with sport. But hypocrites pick and choose whenever they wish to so and whenever it suits them. There is always 2 sides to a coin. Learn to listen and respect the other side too. Dont just mock and ban like RT news lol. Hypocrites gettin exposed all over.

Fuck Manchester United, fatty
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37012 on: June 28, 2022, 10:41:44 pm »
Fuck Manchester United, fatty

Always knew you were a Morrissey fan at heart.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37013 on: June 28, 2022, 10:45:25 pm »
Always knew you were a Morrissey fan at heart.
Belligerent fools run Manchestoh schools.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #37014 on: June 28, 2022, 11:05:45 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61965079

Manchester United have reached a broad agreement over a 65m euro (£56m) fee, plus add-ons, with Barcelona for the Netherlands midfielder Frenkie de Jong.

I haven’t seen him play for Barcelona but he looks like a tidy player from those YouTube clips. No finished product but could do a job like Gini.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #37015 on: June 28, 2022, 11:12:00 pm »
They’ve got a month to sort their defence out or it’s going to be another season of finishing 6th / 7th. If they got Tielemans, De Jong, a decent RB and a decent CB they’d be challenging Top 4 again. All gone quiet on AWB back to Palace and I’d imagine they’d have to sell to buy after the De Jong deal goes through.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37016 on: June 28, 2022, 11:13:28 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61965079

Manchester United have reached a broad agreement over a 65m euro (£56m) fee, plus add-ons, with Barcelona for the Netherlands midfielder Frenkie de Jong.

I haven’t seen him play for Barcelona but he looks like a tidy player from those YouTube clips. No finished product but could do a job like Gini.

De Jong is already earning £350,000 per week at Barcelona. All the reports coming out from Spain are suggesting that Man Utd are giving him a raise in order to convince him to join them, since he is reluctant to leave Barcelona. Just when you think they can't do anything more stupid, they find the way ...

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #37017 on: June 28, 2022, 11:38:17 pm »
The trusted United way to solve a problem is to throw money at it.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37018 on: June 29, 2022, 01:28:59 am »
If this helps Barcelona buy Silva and City don't buy a replacement, I'd say we're favorites next season

I don’t understand why City would ever let Silva go if he’s still under contract.  He’s one of the best players in the PL and will not be easy to replace.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37019 on: June 29, 2022, 02:33:29 am »
I don’t understand why City would ever let Silva go if he’s still under contract.  He’s one of the best players in the PL and will not be easy to replace.
They have the policy of letting unhappy players go if their valuation is met.

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #37020 on: June 29, 2022, 02:52:04 am »
De Jong is already earning £350,000 per week at Barcelona. All the reports coming out from Spain are suggesting that Man Utd are giving him a raise in order to convince him to join them, since he is reluctant to leave Barcelona. Just when you think they can't do anything more stupid, they find the way ...

Watch the media report it as him taking a paycut though. Already seen some people say he will be on £250k  :butt

Offline Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
« Reply #37021 on: June 29, 2022, 05:14:45 am »

I wonder if he has a sister called Margery, that smirking little whore from Highgarden

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #37022 on: June 29, 2022, 08:25:41 am »
Why have a go at the English specifically? It was the British Empire.

It was arguably the English Aristocracy.

They were pretty horrendous in their dealings with the Irish during the potato blight, they also cleared the highlands of Scotland of people in a most brutal fashion. Both were the result of the aristocracy (Large numbers of “absentee landlords”) taking maximum profit from the land and treating the people worse than livestock. They cleared people and burned the thatch on their home in both countries, sentencing people to death by starvation, or forcing emigration to the colonies. Wales was systematically stripped of its resources, and the population working there were subject to pretty grim conditions in industry like slate and coal mining.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37023 on: June 29, 2022, 08:36:22 am »

They were pretty horrendous in their dealings with the Irish during the potato blight, they also cleared the highlands of Scotland of people in a most brutal fashion. Both were the result of the aristocracy (Large numbers of “absentee landlords”) taking maximum profit from the land and treating the people worse than livestock. They cleared people and burned the thatch on their home in both countries, sentencing people to death by starvation, or forcing emigration to the colonies. Wales was systematically stripped of its resources, and the population working there were subject to pretty grim conditions in industry like slate and coal mining.
Yeah , but didn’t they build some houses in Manchester?

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #37024 on: June 29, 2022, 08:39:22 am »
Yeah , but didn’t they build some houses in Manchester?

Roofed with Welsh Slate🤔
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37025 on: June 29, 2022, 08:45:21 am »
Roofed with Welsh Slate🤔
Doesn’t building houses in Manchester excuse all kinds of sins tho?
Works for Abu Dhabi

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #37026 on: June 29, 2022, 08:50:34 am »
Yep. Funnily enough was having a chat with the missus yesterday in the pub and history was mentioned. Not sure all this 'deletion' is a good step. History is something that happened. I'd rather a country acknowledge it, learn from it and make sure that the bad bits didn't happen again.

As the old adage goes "Those that do not learn from History are doomed to repeat it"

History happened. That's how and why we got to where we are now. But for the most part, the UK (for instance) has improved dramatically as a nation.

As you say, other countries are still enacting barbaric and shithouse situations on a daily basis. And more importantly, right now.
Bizzarely , I skipped from about twenty pages back to this. The last post I read was about united not learning from our fall from football dominance .
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37027 on: June 29, 2022, 09:08:16 am »

Everyday Malacia!

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37028 on: June 29, 2022, 09:25:20 am »
They have the policy of letting unhappy players go if their valuation is met.

Presumably after their policy of directing more money to the player
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37029 on: June 29, 2022, 09:32:01 am »

I was about to say the same. In Ireland, the ascendency class was pretty much exclusively english. Even the Irish born ascendency class were to all intents and purposes, English - schooled and often raised there before going on to be absentee landlords.

Many Liverpudlians are descended from impoverished Irish people who were forcibly shipped from their country by landlords who wanted rid of them. The Irish Famine itself is a misnomer. There was potato blight but Ireland was still exporting food to England as its people starved to death. Grain was imported to Ireland throughout the famine but chiefly used to feed livestock.

And how did the absentee landlords respond to starving, poor tenants? They evicted thousands and destroyed their homes so they could graze animals in their place.

Sorry, this was unintentionally a rant and not belonging in this thread. But, yeah, the English aristocracy were the carriers of the British Empire.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37030 on: June 29, 2022, 09:33:37 am »
Watch the media report it as him taking a paycut though. Already seen some people say he will be on £250k  :butt

It doesn't really matter what the media will report. We know that De Jong will be on at least £400,000 per week at Man Utd. And unlike Man City, who have unlimited funds and ability to pay the players off the books at secret Gulf accounts, Man Utd can only spend what they earn. Meaning less than us, because this season we have finally overtaken them in terms of revenues ...

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37031 on: June 29, 2022, 10:43:25 am »
Frenkie de Jong has informed Man Utd and Barcelona that he doesn't want to make the move  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/frenkie-jong-resiste-13960835

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #37032 on: June 29, 2022, 10:52:36 am »
Frenkie de Jong has informed Man Utd and Barcelona that he doesn't want to make the move  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

:lmao

Love how it was being reported yesterday that a deal had been agreed but there was still some significant issues to resolve or something similar...namely the player really doesn’t want to go there!

Why wouldn’t United take the hint and move on? Even if he ends up there you’re going to have a miserable player on your hands. It can’t end well.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37033 on: June 29, 2022, 10:53:01 am »

Priceless. They have become the Everton of Manchester  :lmao :lmao :lmao
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Innocenti

• Boys Pen
« Reply #37034 on: June 29, 2022, 10:53:51 am »
That's a shame ....... they'll just have to pony up £150m now to land Declan Rice instead.  (The next Harry Maguire)

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37035 on: June 29, 2022, 10:58:44 am »

That is hilarious. It is so Everton, sorry, Man United.  :lmao

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37036 on: June 29, 2022, 11:02:03 am »
We should bid for him, just for the giggles.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37037 on: June 29, 2022, 11:05:33 am »

Offline mbyx6cg2

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37038 on: June 29, 2022, 11:05:58 am »

Very funny if true. Reliable though?
Once she's had a few glasses of Chardonnay I'll be in quicker than you can say PDF to offer her a jolly good spit shining of her corned beef curtains

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37039 on: June 29, 2022, 11:06:58 am »
We should bid for him, just for the giggles.

If he accepts a pay-cut, why not? He would be great on our team ...