Poll

What do we think of the revelations

Oooooerr! Missus Phoop! Parp!! Whoop!
Gnurglian
Whistle my tassles
Guilt M'lord, fetch the lancets
What a kerfuffle

Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan to step back as senior royals  (Read 102417 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Prince Harry and Meghan to step back as senior royals
« Reply #80 on: January 9, 2020, 12:25:19 pm »
So basically they quit doing any of the royal duties like open a supermarket but yet we still pay them? I dont see how the Palace can accept that?

They are stepping back from senior duties, not all, going by what has been said.

Obviously with Harry being a royal leech he cannot accept having to earn his way through life. Also how can she earn tax payer money and maybe go back to acting?

The fact that they have not given up that stuff just illustrates what leeches them and that whole family are.

From what has been said the tax payer currently pays 5% of their costs and that's what they'd give up. So the tax payer wouldn't be funding them.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #81 on: January 9, 2020, 12:25:58 pm »
Where are you getting the idea it was leaked from? The Guardian above has implied it was their own decision to push forward with their plans.

Either the BBC or ITV royal correspondent said it on the TV this morning when I was having my morning brew!

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: January 9, 2020, 12:26:17 pm »
At least read the posts in here then if you're not going to bother reading the facts surrounding this before commenting.

As I've said twice in here, the story was leaked to the media, who ran with it, so they had to release a press release now before anything was sorted. It's yet another example of the intrusive media they are trying to get away from.

Sorry what??

I have read the posts in here, and Ive just re-read everyone again to see what you claim Ive missed

Ive seen various news bulletins on this since last night and the fact they had to rush out a statement has not been mentioned by either people fighting the case of Harry and Megan or those against it, I tell you what though I'll just go with what one person on a footy forum says

You may well be correct about the press leak,  but reading through this thread or watching every news  bulletin on TV doesnt tell me anything. 
Maybe think twice before getting all superior.

Oh and as a couple who hate the media so much, their statement doesnt allude to it, which I find odd.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: January 9, 2020, 12:27:33 pm »
Either the BBC or ITV royal correspondent said it on the TV this morning when I was having my morning brew!

So Jill ddint know or think it was going to be leaked either, are you also going to patronise her?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #84 on: January 9, 2020, 12:28:29 pm »

Your morning brew?  ;D  It's an utter minefield this royalty stuff, people backstabbing others. Who knows?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #85 on: January 9, 2020, 12:29:21 pm »
So Jill ddint know or think it was going to be leaked either, are you also going to patronise her?

No, just you.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: January 9, 2020, 12:32:26 pm »
No, just you.

Had a bad day?

Not sure why you're being such a prick,  but a prick you are being.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #87 on: January 9, 2020, 12:34:01 pm »
They were angered that the plans had been leaked to the Sun newspaper on Wednesday morning and it appears they decided to make their announcement on their own terms.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-01-09/even-the-queen-was-not-told-of-harry-and-meghan-s-shock-move-to-quit/

There you go.

No surprise which paper was involved.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: January 9, 2020, 12:34:58 pm »

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #89 on: January 9, 2020, 12:35:26 pm »
Fine, but give up the title, the renovated cottage (or pay market rent), the security and the funding of the staff. No problem with that at all.

That’s my stance on it, if you want the privilege of being a royal then you have to put in the graft like opening things, charity work etc. If your going to stop doing the graft, then fair enough but don’t keep on expecting us to pick up the bill. Shouldn’t be allowed to have your cake and eat it, the rest of us aren’t.

PS they might like to call it a cottage, but by most people’s understanding it’s not a cottage (quaint little home with a thatched roof), it’s a damn mansion that what it should be called.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #90 on: January 9, 2020, 12:44:42 pm »
They are stepping back from senior duties, not all, going by what has been said.

From what has been said the tax payer currently pays 5% of their costs and that's what they'd give up. So the tax payer wouldn't be funding them.

I suspect the 5% is what they get directly from the tax payer, then there’s money given to him by his dad (which partially from the tax payer), his granny (which partially from the tax payer) and his mum left him (which unless she inherited probably came from the tax payer).

I’m sure Meghan has done quite well out of acting but considering their costs and I can’t see how Harry has earned much someone, somewhere is covering that for them.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #91 on: January 9, 2020, 12:49:27 pm »
I suspect the 5% is what they get directly from the tax payer, then there’s money given to him by his dad (which partially from the tax payer), his granny (which partially from the tax payer) and his mum left him (which unless she inherited probably came from the tax payer).

I’m sure Meghan has done quite well out of acting but considering their costs and I can’t see how Harry has earned much someone, somewhere is covering that for them.

Duchy of Cornwall accounts for the other 95% apparently.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #92 on: January 9, 2020, 12:56:42 pm »
OneTouch above pretty much echos my feelings on it.

The media reporting of it since the news came out pretty much shows why they want to do it. It’s been over the top, sensationalist and full of absolute shite.

Yep. I'm not a royalist, but you can see exactly why this has happened. Clearly, there are questions re: security costs with regard to financial independence. Also, I'd imagine the tabloids will be working on getting North American "correspondents" tracking their every move. If they end up in Canada, which doesn't really have an entrenched tabloid news culture, they might find it quieter, particularly if they end up somewhere like Vancouver Island. I can't see the likes of the RCMP putting up with evasive tabloid bullshit

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: January 9, 2020, 12:58:47 pm »
Duchy of Cornwall accounts for the other 95% apparently.

So the taxpayer then.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #94 on: January 9, 2020, 12:59:58 pm »
So the taxpayer then.

Well, it doesn't come directly out our pockets via taxes, so not really. But yeah it's from land which could be under public ownership if the royals didn't exist.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: January 9, 2020, 01:01:11 pm »

To say the money from his Dad and Gran comes partially from the Tax payer is being kind.  Charles worked in the RAF for  a few years and I am not aware that Gran has ever worked.

If the total sum of work between those two is 5-6 then in real terms its fuck all. Charles controls the Duchy of Cornwall accounts, so its more unearned income.

However he may have Money from the Spencers

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: January 9, 2020, 01:02:13 pm »
Well, it doesn't come directly out our pockets via taxes, so not really. But yeah it's from land which could be under public ownership if the royals didn't exist.

Precisely, they are taking funds that otherwise could be used for public use, or to lower taxes i.e funded by taxpayers.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #97 on: January 9, 2020, 01:03:45 pm »
Precisely, they are taking funds that otherwise could be used for public use, or to lower taxes i.e funded by taxpayers.

They aren't doing that, as the public don't get anything from the Duchy of Cornwall. That's a whole different conversation and think there is a thread about getting rid of the royals altogether which would include public ownership of this duchy.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: January 9, 2020, 01:03:51 pm »
They're going to lose their few million 'allowance' but they will rake in millions from book deals and television shows.  The taxpayer in London [Met police] will be footing the bill for security though.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: January 9, 2020, 01:10:42 pm »
Same here really, I think royal or not if the same media that hounded and caused the death of my mother was now hounding and blatantly calling out my wife in similar ways, I would say fuck it too. Nobody knows if it was both their idea, Harry breaking down with issues, and no one will ever know maybe, but on the whole I don't blame them and I think its been coming a while. Not a fan of the royals at all but the agenda set against Meghan by the sick evil fucks in the tabloids has been clear, maybe its my hatred for the scum and other papers that makes me side with Harry and Meghan a lot more, but even objectively she has been taken apart for basically being nothing but a really good role model for young women, while Katie doesn't get a tiny bit of it, pretty obvious why.

Glad for them they've made the move, only thing is the scum and the rest of them probably won't leave them alone unless they completely back out of the spotlight for a long while.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: January 9, 2020, 01:13:45 pm »
They aren't doing that, as the public don't get anything from the Duchy of Cornwall. That's a whole different conversation and think there is a thread about getting rid of the royals altogether which would include public ownership of this duchy.

Yes but the public would get money from the Duchy of Cornwall, if the Royal Family didn't exist. Ergo, any royal taking money from it is funded by the taxpayer.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #101 on: January 9, 2020, 01:15:22 pm »
Yes but the public would get money from the Duchy of Cornwall, if the Royal Family didn't exist. Ergo, any royal taking money from it is funded by the taxpayer.

The royals do exist though  ;D

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: January 9, 2020, 01:22:49 pm »
The Duchy is the Royal's, they have had for generations. I dont think we want to appropriate land. We're not Zimbabwe.

I want to see a Republic once The Queen dies.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #103 on: January 9, 2020, 01:26:51 pm »
I don't give two fucks about the royal family, never have, but this again highlights the real twats in this country; the right wing media.

They are the ones fucking this country over and the ones we should be looking to target for reform....nothing will get better in this country (and the world?) if this plague continues to go unchallenged.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #104 on: January 9, 2020, 01:32:59 pm »
And what is it the RF get a year? £50m? That might have gone up a touch since I last looked but fuck me, Johnson the massive penis, spunked that on a wobbly bridge ffs

There are defo more important things to get wound up over....and dickheads more worthy of your ire ;D

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: January 9, 2020, 01:37:18 pm »
I don't give two fucks about the royal family, never have, but this again highlights the real twats in this country; the right wing media.

They are the ones fucking this country over and the ones we should be looking to target for reform....nothing will get better in this country (and the world?) if this plague continues to go unchallenged.
Your media, right and LEFT, are good at atrocity propaganda
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atrocity_propaganda
they are helpful in facilitating wars/bombing raids/etc

Of course, they also pimp the royals and their propaganda flicks/tv shows

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #106 on: January 9, 2020, 01:40:28 pm »
That's it in a couple of sentences!

It's just so obvious. I wished Meghan was a Muslim and she wore a burka to their wedding! It would of been hilarious.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: January 9, 2020, 01:46:34 pm »
honestly just look at the front page of the daily mail website right now
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: January 9, 2020, 01:57:08 pm »
People who only know about Meghan through the prism of vile right wing rags seem to have very strong opinions about who she is. I mean some of the bitter comments in here sound like they're straight off the Daily Mail message boards.

I imagine they'd happily give up their entitlement to money to be left alone once they figure out the details. I imagine their security bill alone to keep them safe from fucking weirdos cost a few million quid a year.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2020, 02:16:08 pm by OneTouchFooty »

Offline Red James

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: January 9, 2020, 01:59:18 pm »
honestly just look at the front page of the daily mail website right now
Piers Moron is an absolute massive twat fish.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #110 on: January 9, 2020, 02:01:03 pm »
People who only know about Meghan through the prism vile right wing rags seem to have very strong opinions about who she is. I mean some of the bitter comments in here sound like they're straight off the Daily Mail messages boards.

I imagine they'd happily give up their entitlement to money to be left alone once they figure out the details. I imagine their security bill alone to keep them safe from fucking weirdos cost a few million quid a year.
Yeah, the tabloid press have been vile.

For Harry, that must be incredibly difficult to deal with.  He will possibly think the tabloid press would have had a part to play in the death of his mother.  He probably doesn’t want an awful fate for his wife or for his child.

And it’s not like he can quit.  He’d still be chased by the press if he did. 

Being royal is on the one hand a life of luxury, whilst on the other hand a prison sentence from which there is no release until you die.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: January 9, 2020, 02:03:10 pm »

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: January 9, 2020, 02:15:57 pm »
Sorry to be cynical but this is all about money.  Instead of the millions they get off The Queen they're going to make tens of millions in the commercial sector with book deals and television.  They want to give up their days shaking hands and unveiling new hospitals. It's too mundane for them and they can lead a more glamorous lifestyle on the celebrity circuit in America.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #113 on: January 9, 2020, 02:21:14 pm »
Sorry to be cynical but this is all about money.  Instead of the millions they get off The Queen they're going to make tens of millions in the commercial sector with book deals and television.  They want to give up their days shaking hands and unveiling new hospitals. It's too mundane for them and they can lead a more glamorous lifestyle on the celebrity circuit in America.

I don't think they've shown any desire to do this. They took 6 weeks off and rather than go and be public (something they've continually complained about) they took themselves to Canada and tried to keep out of the public eye for the most part.

Not saying they may not do some of this to bring funds in, but highly doubt their idea is to become some uber celebs over there.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: January 9, 2020, 02:22:27 pm »
3 pages of this "news".  ;D

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: January 9, 2020, 02:22:36 pm »
I am not fan of royalty. But you must be one of life's cynics if you can only imagine it must a play to gain more money.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #116 on: January 9, 2020, 02:27:04 pm »
3 pages of this "news".  ;D

Would be twice as long if they’d lost etc etc.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: January 9, 2020, 02:27:08 pm »
I am not fan of royalty. But you must be one of life's cynics if you can only imagine it must a play to gain more money.

I think its both money and lifestyle.  Meghan is very ambitious. They're going to rake it on books etc.

The yanks LOVE 'royalty'.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #118 on: January 9, 2020, 02:28:15 pm »
Meghan is very ambitious.

Based upon?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: January 9, 2020, 02:29:01 pm »
Would be twice as long if they’d lost etc etc.

So predictable these day's Nicholas. This is 2020 mate, up your game.  ;D