Poll

What do we think of the revelations

Oooooerr! Missus Phoop! Parp!! Whoop!
Gnurglian
Whistle my tassles
Guilt M'lord, fetch the lancets
What a kerfuffle

Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan to step back as senior royals  (Read 102412 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Prince Harry and Meghan to step back as senior royals
« Reply #120 on: January 9, 2020, 02:29:12 pm »
I am not fan of royalty. But you must be one of life's cynics if you can only imagine it must a play to gain more money.

What else would it be? More money, less responsibility. Sounds good.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: January 9, 2020, 02:29:23 pm »
Based upon?

Have you never seen Suits?

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #122 on: January 9, 2020, 02:30:56 pm »
What else would it be?

I mean it definitely could not be trying to have some sort of private life in order to raise their kid(s) without the shite media running story after story...

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: January 9, 2020, 02:31:47 pm »
Would any of you trade places with a Royal? I wouldn't. At least not one of the immediate family.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: January 9, 2020, 02:32:33 pm »
I mean it definitely could not be trying to have some sort of private life in order to raise their kid(s) without the shite media running story after story...

That's more than possible, if you want it. What they want isn't possible.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #125 on: January 9, 2020, 02:33:29 pm »
That's more than possible, if you want it. What they want isn't possible.

And what is it they want? I never knew we had friends of royalty on here, RAWK has moved up in the world from just having Nick as it's big queen.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #126 on: January 9, 2020, 02:35:31 pm »
Based upon?

Just the way she comes across to me... I think she wants to resurrect her acting career or become a 'producer' that''s where the money is now especially with Netflix.  Just ask the Obama's.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #127 on: January 9, 2020, 02:35:41 pm »
So predictable these day's Nicholas. This is 2020 mate, up your game.  ;D

That’s your fault for expecting any more from me.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #128 on: January 9, 2020, 02:37:06 pm »
Just the way she comes across to me... I think she wants to resurrect her acting career or become a 'producer' that''s where the money is now especially with Netflix.  Just ask the Obama's.

Right. So based on absolutely nothing then. Kinda like the shite the media is doing that.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: January 9, 2020, 02:39:43 pm »
Right. So based on absolutely nothing then. Kinda like the shite the media is doing that.

the tabloids in America are worse than here.  National Enquirer springs to mind, That rag literally makes stuff up but they have the First Amendment so free speech they can write what they like.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: January 9, 2020, 02:41:06 pm »
Don't see how you can be a part-time royal and receive tax-payer funding. The taxpayer subsidises their living quarters and their office, but they are free to, say, sign up as 'Lifestyle Consultant' for a Murdoch TV channel or publish a book with Harper-Collins?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #131 on: January 9, 2020, 02:41:18 pm »
That rag literally makes stuff up

You read any of the tabloids over here recently?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: January 9, 2020, 02:41:34 pm »
And what is it they want? I never knew we had friends of royalty on here, RAWK has moved up in the world from just having Nick as it's big queen.

They clearly want both. They want the celebrity (their wedding confirmed as much), they want all the trappings and privileges such as their fantastic 'cottage' and the title, which will play great when being introduced onto Oprah as. They also want full privacy.

Celebrity and privacy can only mix if you choose your decisions wisely. There are celebrities who do that. They don't appear to want to do that however.

Ultimately maybe I am being unfair. Lets see if they hit the celebrity circuit and chat show circuit in the states first. That will determine exactly what their intentions are.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: January 9, 2020, 02:43:18 pm »
You read any of the tabloids over here recently?

At least there is a Press Complaints commission and some basic standards. National Enquirer and the other tabloids there can just print whatever they want because they're protected by the First Amendment.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #134 on: January 9, 2020, 02:44:34 pm »
They clearly want both. They want the celebrity (their wedding confirmed as much), they want all the trappings and privileges such as their fantastic 'cottage' and the title, which will play great when being introduced onto Oprah as. They also want full privacy.

Celebrity and privacy can only mix if you choose your decisions wisely. There are celebrities who do that. They don't appear to want to do that however.

Ultimately maybe I am being unfair. Lets see if they hit the celebrity circuit and chat show circuit in the states first. That will determine exactly what their intentions are.

They've literally just spent 6 weeks out the lime light, and have already introduced new media limits. I honestly can't see where you are getting this wanting to be some big celebs.

They will no doubt exploit their celeb to a degree to bring in an income, but going by how they've been acting they seem to really want some sort of private life which being seen as a senior royal and living over here full time just doesn't give. Being 6th in line to the throne I see no reason why this shouldn't be an option.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #135 on: January 9, 2020, 02:45:44 pm »
At least there is a Press Complaints commission and some basic standards.

Having to pay a small fine and print a tiny retraction is hardly upholding basic standards. The tabloid media over here is a complete shit show.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: January 9, 2020, 02:49:43 pm »
Having to pay a small fine and print a tiny retraction is hardly upholding basic standards. The tabloid media over here is a complete shit show.

I try to avoid them but there are also stronger libel laws here than over there..

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: January 9, 2020, 02:55:05 pm »
I can envisage the Headline now.

Exclusive: Actor Meghan Markle Would Like to Act.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #138 on: January 9, 2020, 03:09:16 pm »
To say the money from his Dad and Gran comes partially from the Tax payer is being kind.  Charles worked in the RAF for  a few years and I am not aware that Gran has ever worked.

If the total sum of work between those two is 5-6 then in real terms its fuck all. Charles controls the Duchy of Cornwall accounts, so its more unearned income.

However he may have Money from the Spencers

I was trying to be kind because I don’t know the exact breakdown and you get into a grey area around who actually owns a lot of things like the Duchy of Cornwall and Lancaster, but yes it probably the vast majority.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: January 9, 2020, 03:19:42 pm »
I was trying to be kind because I don’t know the exact breakdown and you get into a grey area around who actually owns a lot of things like the Duchy of Cornwall and Lancaster, but yes it probably the vast majority.

The Duchy of Cornwall is inherited through privilege  no one worked for it and theres no inheritance tax payable. Sounds absolutely fair
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: January 9, 2020, 03:20:55 pm »
I am not fan of royalty. But you must be one of life's cynics if you can only imagine it must a play to gain more money.

He's not alone as I totally agree with him.

Its a no brainer from Harry's viewpoint.  William doesn't have that choice.

Not saying they will be out partying with Kanye and Beyonce.  But lounging around on luxury yachts with rich business people.  Yep.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: January 9, 2020, 03:25:36 pm »
He's not alone as I totally agree with him.

Its a no brainer from Harry's viewpoint.  William doesn't have that choice.

Not saying they will be out partying with Kanye and Beyonce.  But lounging around on luxury yachts with rich business people.  Yep.

The Obama’s have set a template. A few big charity initiatives to get their social messages out and some lucrative deals with organisations, with huge privacy that goes with being President.

Hopefully this shite gets covered in ‘The Crown’.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #142 on: January 9, 2020, 03:28:54 pm »

One of the first things I would do in an Independent Scotland is cut links (and financial assistance) to this lot, but I can totally understand why M&H would do what they are doing considering the daily bombardment of racism and misogyny they have to put up with. Other 'royals' float around doing sod all, expect to be paid and for everyone to be deferential to them, you have to ask what is so different about this young couple that they get the hate others dont. I`d guess they see which way the wind has already and blown and are saying "sod this".
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: January 9, 2020, 03:39:16 pm »
One of the first things I would do in an Independent Scotland is cut links (and financial assistance) to this lot, but I can totally understand why M&H would do what they are doing considering the daily bombardment of racism and misogyny they have to put up with. Other 'royals' float around doing sod all, expect to be paid and for everyone to be deferential to them, you have to ask what is so different about this young couple that they get the hate others dont. I`d guess they see which way the wind has already and blown and are saying "sod this".

I’d also point out the other differences between the Sussex’s and the other royals. It’s the hypocrisy that comes from living at our expense (and wealthy friends like Elton John) but at the same time demanding privacy. It’s the hypocrisy the comes from lecturing the rest of us on the environment and then flying here there and everywhere, never mind the private jets.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: January 9, 2020, 03:49:28 pm »
Based upon?

Royal "sources" in the S*n probably.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #145 on: January 9, 2020, 03:50:36 pm »
Royal "sources" in the S*n probably.

Aye, the scum don't like an ambitious woman.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: January 9, 2020, 03:52:10 pm »
I’d also point out the other differences between the Sussex’s and the other royals. It’s the hypocrisy that comes from living at our expense (and wealthy friends like Elton John) but at the same time demanding privacy. It’s the hypocrisy the comes from lecturing the rest of us on the environment and then flying here there and everywhere, never mind the private jets.

Double-edged sword isnt it though? Talk about the importance of certain issues if your famous/wealthy is always "lecturing" when the opinion is dissenting to your own. Achieving sainthood shouldn't be a qualifier for speaking about issues you care about. It's the Piers Moron/Sun/Mail way of shutting down debate so the real issue is never scrutinised in depth.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2020, 03:54:38 pm by OneTouchFooty »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: January 9, 2020, 03:57:30 pm »
Double-edged sword isnt it though? Talk about the importance of certain issues if your famous/wealthy is always "lecturing" when the opinion is dissenting to your own. Achieving sainthood shouldn't be a qualifier for speaking about issues you care about. It's the Piers Moron/Sun/Mail way of shutting down debate so the real issue is never scrutinised in depth.

They might as well pack in the environment stuff because their air bill is going to be even bigger now.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #148 on: January 9, 2020, 04:01:37 pm »
They might as well pack in the environment stuff because their air bill is going to be even bigger now.

Don't they off set their air travel?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: January 9, 2020, 04:04:08 pm »
Don't they off set their air travel?

Do they plant some trees?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #150 on: January 9, 2020, 04:06:00 pm »
Do they plant some trees?

There are various companies you can pay to offset your emissions from air travel which go to various schemes.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: January 9, 2020, 04:09:03 pm »
There are various companies you can pay to offset your emissions from air travel which go to various schemes.

That sounds good, I can continue to drive big, diesel consuming 4x4's and not feel bad about it.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #152 on: January 9, 2020, 04:12:01 pm »
He's not alone as I totally agree with him..

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: January 9, 2020, 04:12:49 pm »

Everyone who drives a car, flies on a plane, eats meat, consumes goods or pretty much exists in society should pack in aswell. Smug, bitter cynicism might make you feel great but it achieves fuck all.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2020, 04:14:51 pm by OneTouchFooty »

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: January 9, 2020, 04:13:11 pm »

It’s always going to go down badly when you tell people how they should be behaving but don’t practice what you preach, you don’t need to be Piers Moron to get pissed off over that. There’s a space somewhere between hypocrisy and sainthood many people manage to occupy.
Thinking is overrated.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #155 on: January 9, 2020, 04:13:19 pm »
That sounds good, I can continue to drive big, diesel consuming 4x4's and not feel bad about it.

To a degree it allows you to do so.

More so it allows someone who is from the US to spend time there with her child, family and friends, and her husband in the UK - whilst also being environmentally conscious and being able to use her public persona for a good cause without having twats who like to nitpick at anyone who mentions the environment who doesn't happen to live off grid and composts with their own shit that they do in a bucket in the corner of the room.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: January 9, 2020, 04:15:46 pm »
Everyone pack who drives a car, flies on a plane, eats meat, consumes goods or exists in society should pack in aswell. Smug, bitter cynicism might make you feel great but it achieves fuck all.

You can't care that much about it if you continue to do that in vast quantities. Flights are a huge contributor and if its that important, then it should be absolutely scaled back.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #157 on: January 9, 2020, 04:16:41 pm »
You can't care that much about it if you continue to do that in vast quantities. Flights are a huge contributor and if its that important, then it should be absolutely scaled back.

Surely being based in both countries for extended periods would do this - rather than being based in one then flying back and forth?

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: January 9, 2020, 04:18:30 pm »

Which they said they would be doing.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: January 9, 2020, 04:18:59 pm »
Surely being based in both countries for extended periods would do this - rather than being based in one then flying back and forth?

They said they would split their time away from here, so would that not mean that they were almost 'forced' to live here? By having less Royal Engagements there is more time to be away from here whenever they want, so more free days to travel.

Dunno, will see I guess.