Author Topic: Takumi Minamino  (Read 435136 times)

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Takumi Minamino
« Reply #280 on: December 19, 2019, 04:49:36 pm »
Anyone else think that will be it now for forward signings till 2021?

Even if Shaqiri leaves I don't think we'll buy another. We'll just move Harvey Elliot up as back up.

Would leave Salah, Mane, Firmino, Minamino, Origi, Brewster and or Elliot.

People suggesting Sancho and Werner I don't think either will happen.

If everyone stays then yeah this will be it. I wanted another forward option in the summer and now we've got him, so I think we've got enough depth considering the excellent injury record of Mo/Sadio/Bobby. The big money signing like Sancho or Werner only happens if one of those 3 leave.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 04:51:41 pm by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: December 19, 2019, 04:52:41 pm »
Hey lads, I'm starting to think this one has legs...
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #282 on: December 19, 2019, 04:53:49 pm »
If everyone stays then yeah this will be it. I wanted another forward option in the summer and now we've got him, so I think we've got enough depth considering the excellent injury record of Mo/Sadio/Bobby. The big money signing like Sancho or Werner only happens if one of those 3 leave.

Can't really disagree with that, If Lovren goes in the Summer then we will bring in a CB though.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #283 on: December 19, 2019, 04:55:22 pm »

Even if Shaqiri leaves I don't think we'll buy another. We'll just move Harvey Elliot up as back up.

Maybe - but if Werner wants to come here we’ll buy him. He’s so stupidly good, a perfect fit for us and under priced  because of his contract... suspect he wont because of Bayern but we wouldn’t pass up that opportunity if it arises imo 

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #284 on: December 19, 2019, 05:02:33 pm »
Maybe - but if Werner wants to come here we’ll buy him. He’s so stupidly good, a perfect fit for us and under priced  because of his contract... suspect he wont because of Bayern but we wouldn’t pass up that opportunity if it arises imo

I don't think so now. Elliot is the Shaqiri replacement.. I can see us singing new midfielder when Lallana goes if we sell Grujic.

Harry Wilson will probably go too.

Will be a CB and MF to replace lovren, Lallana and Grujic in my opinion. Think we'll make a nice profit too. Will be the following summer 2021 when I think we'll spend big again. The club will have a very healthy bank balance indeed.

I'll guess the two will be Ben White and Sander Berge.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 05:04:26 pm by clinical »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: December 19, 2019, 05:02:51 pm »
Werner would be the best fit.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: December 19, 2019, 05:03:19 pm »
Takumi Minamino: Liverpool new signing is 'one of a kind' inspired by Ronaldo

By Oliver Trenchard

Japanese football writer

Liverpool's new signing Takumi Minamino
Takumi Minamino has scored nine goals and provided 11 assists in 22 appearances for Red Bull Salzburg this season

Takumi Minamino is a winner. Or at least he has a desperate desire to win, often stating how he hates losing.

It is a characteristic that will serve the Japan winger well as he joins a Liverpool side unbeaten in 34 Premier League games - their longest such run in the top flight.

All Minamino has ever wanted to do is play football - his unequivocal love for the beautiful game evident since an early age.

As a child, Minamino was substituted while playing for local club Sessel Kumatori, where he played until joining Cerezo Osaka. The youngster, still at elementary school, would ask the manager: "Why did you take me off? Let me play more because I love football."

He was one of a kind. No other player at the club, nor any other Japanese player, would dare question a manager or any authority in such an assertive and confident manner, especially at such a young age.

But Minamino, who will sign for the Reds from Red Bull Salzburg on 1 January, is not just any Japanese player.
Ronaldo and Kenta - Minamino's inspirations

Minamino has spoken of how Brazil's Ronaldo - who top scored at the World Cup Japan co-hosted in 2002 - inspired him with his finishing and dribbling technique.

After meticulously watching videos of the striker's feints, he would go outside to practise. It is no surprise, then, that there are certain echoes of the Brazilian in the 24-year-old's playing style.

But another influence on the new Liverpool signing can be found much closer to home - his brother Kenta.

Kenta - the older sibling by three years - and Takumi would play football at every opportunity. Their father would often act as coach, putting cones down in a car park for them to dribble in and out of at speed.

Kenta joined the Cerezo academy before his younger brother, who was motivated to emulate him - or even surpass him by becoming a professional.
Minamino - formed from cherry blossoms and diesel
Takumi Minamino
Minamino (right) started his career at Japanese club Cerezo Osaka

Cerezo Osaka made Minamino the player he is today.

Cerezo - cherry blossom in Spanish - was a natural progression for a blossoming Minamino. It was his nearest professional club and, coincidentally, their first season in the J1 League - the Japanese top flight- was the year he was born.

At the age of 12, he joined the Cerezo academy, and progressed to the under-18 team three years later.

Aged 15, he finished top scorer at the 2010 AFC U16 Cup and he went on to represent Japan at every age group, including featuring in a somewhat surprise run to the quarter-finals of the Under-17 World Cup in 2011.

While Minamino was at the Cerezo academy, Shinji Kagawa, Takashi Inui and Hiroshi Kiyotake were in the first team. All went on to have successful stints in Europe. Minamino relished the chance to watch them close up and, on occasion, train with them.

Cerezo was formed from the company team of diesel engine manufacturer Yanmar, and Minamino's eight years there helped develop the big motor that enables him to produce tireless performances like the one at Anfield for Red Bull Salzburg earlier this season.

He often refers to the tough training and strenuous physical regime he was put through at the Cerezo academy. Tuesdays were the worst, with the team having to run 4km around the pitch before embarking on gruelling circuit training.
No stranger to Premier League opposition
Takumi Minamino
Minamino played in both Red Bull Salzburg's Champions League group games against Liverpool this season

At the age of 17, Minamino made his league debut for Cerezo's first team, and became their youngest ever goalscorer in the top flight at just 18.

Thirteen days later, an outstanding performance in a pre-season friendly against Manchester United - including a 25-yard strike that arrowed into the top corner - drew praise from then United boss David Moyes.

Crowned J1 League Rookie of the Year in 2013, the following season would prove to be a forgettable one as Cerezo were surprisingly relegated from the J1 League despite a formidable collection of individual talent, including former United striker Diego Forlan.

But Minamino would play no part in Cerezo's J2 League campaign, signing for Austrian giants Red Bull Salzburg in January 2015. He would go on score 42 goals and provide 20 assists in the league.
Making up for lost time

Minamino's form for Salzburg was not enough to convince stand-in Japan head coach Akira Nishino to grant Minamino a place in Japan's 2018 World Cup squad, having played just seven minutes of international football at that point.

But he is now thriving under new head coach Hajime Moriyasu.

As part of a changing of the guard since the last World Cup, Minamino has established himself for his country, scoring in each of Moriyasu's opening three games in charge and in all five of the nation's autumn internationals.

With his place with the Samurai Blue secure, he'll be hoping the goals continue to flow when he pulls on the red of Liverpool next month.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50850594
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #287 on: December 19, 2019, 05:19:30 pm »
Hey lads, I'm starting to think this one has legs...

Two of them in fact.

Didn’t Werner sign a new deal? Or does it have a buyout or something?

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #288 on: December 19, 2019, 05:19:34 pm »
No Steve, I think Kloppo and his staff could turn you into a world star.  The objection would be with the Liverpool medical team. They would look at Klopp and Edwards like this -  :shocked  and then they would say that they are doctors and physios not magicians.  ;) ;D

Magic yes, miracles take a lot longer I guess  :lmao

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #289 on: December 19, 2019, 05:20:44 pm »
Problem with Turning Japanese is that it’s a very racist song about someone who thinks they look Japanese when they narrow their eyes and bite their bottom lip while wanking.

So best not go there

The song I mean. Obviously nobody’s going to stop wanking.

Wow.. All these years and I did not know that. wow.. just wow.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: December 19, 2019, 05:23:08 pm »
Two of them in fact.

Has a 30 million release clause

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: December 19, 2019, 05:23:46 pm »
Two of them in fact.

€30m

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #292 on: December 19, 2019, 05:25:11 pm »

We should be trying to sign him even if we don’t need him in that case. If he doesn’t fit in or get game time then you’d still sell for a healthy profit.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: December 19, 2019, 05:25:51 pm »

Dirt cheap given his ability and the market.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #294 on: December 19, 2019, 05:27:14 pm »
Dirt cheap given his ability and the market.

As long as he's not a complete tool or anything

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: December 19, 2019, 05:32:15 pm »
We should be trying to sign him even if we don’t need him in that case. If he doesn’t fit in or get game time then you’d still sell for a healthy profit.

I suspect we are :)
Seems pretty clear he’ll move this summer and this deal was a ‘give us one more year’ kind of arrangement but they’ll be a lot of suitors im guessing

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: December 19, 2019, 05:33:34 pm »

Fully agree. It's a win win.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: December 19, 2019, 05:47:24 pm »
Great signing, looks top quality.
Think this means Shaq leaving in the summer, which would be a great shame.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: December 19, 2019, 05:50:47 pm »

Don't think that means that at all. Minamino can rotate with Firmino and fullfill his role, and still play as a 8 comfortably if need be. If anything this could mean that Lallana is leaving in the summer.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: December 19, 2019, 05:57:52 pm »
Don't think that means that at all. Minamino can rotate with Firmino and fullfill his role, and still play as a 8 comfortably if need be. If anything this could means that Lallana is leaving in the summer.

fixed.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: December 19, 2019, 05:58:31 pm »

No it doesn't at all mate.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: December 19, 2019, 05:59:36 pm »
Don't think that means that at all. Minamino can rotate with Firmino and fullfill his role, and still play as a 8 comfortably if need be. If anything this could mean that Lallana is leaving in the summer.

Good point about Lallana but I just have the feeling he will go in the summer.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #302 on: December 19, 2019, 05:59:42 pm »
Just when i think that theres no such thing as a Firmino back-up in the whole world, we sign one at age 24 for 1/4 his current value which is before Klopp gets a crack at shaping him.

Cool.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: December 19, 2019, 06:04:15 pm »
Just when i think that theres no such thing as a Firmino back-up in the whole world, we sign one at age 24 for 1/4 his current value which is before Klopp gets a crack at shaping him.

Cool.
Yep, Werner and Son would also be nice backup. 😂

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: December 19, 2019, 06:06:38 pm »
Problem with Turning Japanese is that it’s a very racist song about someone who thinks they look Japanese when they narrow their eyes and bite their bottom lip while wanking.

So best not go there

The song I mean. Obviously nobody’s going to stop wanking.

Ah that's a shame. I'm sure The Kop will come up with something suitable. As for wanking, I'm doing Wankuary next month :)

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: December 19, 2019, 06:36:57 pm »
Where's the leaning photo? We need a leaning photo to be sure...

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #306 on: December 19, 2019, 06:41:09 pm »
Given the amount of games we are playing i think we can sign one or two guys without needing to offload anyone.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #307 on: December 19, 2019, 06:43:36 pm »
Ah that's a shame. I'm sure The Kop will come up with something suitable. As for wanking, I'm doing Wankuary next month :)
That's it! We've got him a song!

Wankuary much for Minamino
Wankuary much Wankuaryary much.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #308 on: December 19, 2019, 06:52:01 pm »

Could maybe do with another striker depending on Brewster.

Firmino will need rotating more after another grueling Copa America.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #309 on: December 19, 2019, 07:07:28 pm »
What a great name to say out loud by the way. I live the way Dejan Lovren rolls off the tongue but this is a whole new level.
Dont try an act all cultured ye fanny

We all know this is what youre really like

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SOUKgLnt3oY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SOUKgLnt3oY</a>

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: December 19, 2019, 07:31:49 pm »
His old Japanese interview proved he was a Red,
Taki, Taki...
“I want to play for Liverpool and Jürgen Klopp” it said,
Taki, Taki...
The Salzburg coaching staff confirmed,
His technical ability, agility and work ethic,
Taki Mi-na-mino, Liverpool’s number 18.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SHiORi__Vv/status/1207663030449799168
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 07:33:29 pm by royhendohohohoho! »
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #311 on: December 19, 2019, 07:42:49 pm »
Since this is all wrapped up, lets just go and bid on Haaland. Drive up the price a few quid, like....
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: December 19, 2019, 08:02:47 pm »
Its going to be a PC minefield when some of our fans start making banners for him. 
Tora Tora Tora banner on hold?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: December 19, 2019, 08:42:35 pm »
Tora Tora Tora banner on hold?

;D

Plenty of Samurai images kicking about

Jurgen YNWA

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #314 on: December 19, 2019, 08:42:52 pm »
I demand a banner with a giant picture of Anfield and Minamino dressed in the guise of Hayato Tani/General Lee, ie

Beneath, in stylised letters, it bears the legend "Takumi's Castle".

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: December 19, 2019, 08:45:31 pm »
Imagine the Iron Chef memes!

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #316 on: December 19, 2019, 09:13:05 pm »
Seeing as the kanji for his name means "South Field", that's almost South Park...

Maybe needs this fella in his banner?

"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: December 19, 2019, 09:21:21 pm »

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #318 on: December 19, 2019, 09:28:00 pm »
His old Japanese interview proved he was a Red,
Taki, Taki...
“I want to play for Liverpool and Jürgen Klopp” it said,
Taki, Taki...
The Salzburg coaching staff confirmed,
His technical ability, agility and work ethic,
Taki Mi-na-mino, Liverpool’s number 18.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SHiORi__Vv/status/1207663030449799168
And here I thought he was the new Robbie Keane with his interview saying it was his dream to come to Liverpool! Good lad.

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #319 on: December 19, 2019, 09:30:51 pm »
Seeing as the kanji for his name means "South Field", that's almost South Park...

Maybe needs this fella in his banner?

You bastard!
YNWA - JFT97