Author Topic: Takumi Minamino  (Read 433762 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Takumi Minamino
« Reply #3760 on: June 21, 2022, 09:19:07 pm »
Fee agreed with Monaco for £15.5m. Good luck Taki.

Not bad - doubled our money - and he was a useful player.

Key player in getting us our two trophies last season.

Good luck!

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3761 on: June 21, 2022, 09:20:31 pm »
Good deal all round. 

Taki was a decent cheap squad player who played a massive role in winning two cups, all in all, a transfer that worked out well.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3762 on: June 21, 2022, 09:21:09 pm »
Good luck for the future Taki. Thanks and all the best.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3763 on: June 21, 2022, 09:22:11 pm »
Always liked him but he was never going to get the game time with us and so a move is probably good for both parties.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3764 on: June 21, 2022, 09:25:22 pm »
All the best Taki. A really good penalty box and running-on goalscorer whose time here was badly affected by the covid lockdown and pandemic and the sheer quality and durability of our starting attackers

The Monoco fan version of Al is sharpening his mental pencils, no doubt ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3765 on: June 21, 2022, 09:27:21 pm »
Never looked like he was going to make it here unfortunately.

Best of luck Taki
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3766 on: June 21, 2022, 09:28:00 pm »
Good luck to him. Shame it wasn't mean to be as he's a decent squad player for us, just wasn't what we needed exactly. 

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3767 on: June 21, 2022, 09:32:24 pm »
All the best Taki.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3768 on: June 21, 2022, 09:38:28 pm »
Would have liked to keep him as backup but his value would have only dropped so probably the best move for all concerned.

I have no problem with his quotes, I’m sure he believed he deserved more playing time and was disappointed not to get it. With him sadio  and origi gone that is a good few goals to replace next season. Let’s hope the new lads hit the ground running.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3769 on: June 21, 2022, 09:40:04 pm »
Was good enough to play in most of our teams in the last few decades, just not this one. Was never gonna be a starter and the deal makes sense all round.
Good luck to him.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3770 on: June 21, 2022, 09:51:12 pm »
Never looked like he was going to make it here unfortunately.

Best of luck Taki

Open to debate that! Depends what you expected of him. Or do you look at it as being that the players who make it are those who play 40-50 games a season and become stars?

Not every players is brought in with the hope he’s going to be a superstar. It’s a squad game. They took a chance on a player with a cheap buyout. He came into a club with one of the most formidable attacks around.  He contributed more than enough to justify his fee, and I presume not mad wages, over his time here.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #3771 on: June 21, 2022, 09:52:25 pm »
I heard it’s because we pissed off 60-70% of China

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #3772 on: June 21, 2022, 09:54:01 pm »
I suppose this is the end, then ...

I like Minamino a lot and ultimately we'll look back and think how important he was winning a domestic double with us. Shame he couldn't find the minutes he wanted in the League or Europe, I think about how we were at the very top of our game when he signed and even though it looked like we had the league tied up half way through the season it was still hard for him to come by minutes with what we already had in front of him. I actually thought we'd sell him last summer after it hadn't worked out for him at Southampton, but we got some great contributions from him this season. Double figures, and most importantly I think that goal at the death against Leicester.

Hopefully he can play first team football there because at 27 he has good years ahead of him. I'll never begrudge any player talking about wanting more play time, because he won everything with Salzburg and he's won a few trophies here, he is a winner and deserves that football. Thanks for some good football and best of luck in Monaco.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3773 on: June 21, 2022, 09:55:56 pm »
A bit sad he's off but good luck to him, played a huge part in us winning two trophies last season :)

Was good enough to play in most of our teams in the last few decades, just not this one. Was never gonna be a starter and the deal makes sense all round.
Good luck to him.

Yeah, he's a good player, just couldn't force himself into this team.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3774 on: June 21, 2022, 09:58:19 pm »
Taki Bye.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3775 on: June 21, 2022, 09:58:44 pm »
Open to debate that! Depends what you expected of him. Or do you look at it as being that the players who make it are those who play 40-50 games a season and become stars?

Not every players is brought in with the hope he’s going to be a superstar. It’s a squad game. They took a chance on a player with a cheap buyout. He came into a club with one of the most formidable attacks around.  He contributed more than enough to justify his fee, and I presume not mad wages, over his time here.
Spot on

In fact there's no debate about it. He absolutely 'made it' in terms of what he was brought in as. A cheap, opportunist deal due to his low release clause, to act as a backup attacker. He has won multiple trophies at one of the best clubs in the world and his goals have been instrumental to winning several cups. Many players will never be able to boast half as much on their CV.

And all that after having his arrival and settling in disrupted by lockdown and pandemic. Who knows what his contributions might have been if that hadn't happened?

« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 10:01:27 pm by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3776 on: June 21, 2022, 09:59:59 pm »
If our other forwards had finished like him last season we’d have won a CL pot as well as a couple of domestic ones. Was absolutely lethal in front of goal. Good luck Taki.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3777 on: June 21, 2022, 10:05:03 pm »
Al got his wish.  ;D

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #3778 on: June 21, 2022, 10:06:36 pm »
Thanks and good luck

Spot on

In fact there's no debate about it. He absolutely 'made it' in terms of what he was brought in as. A cheap, opportunist deal due to his low release clause, to act as a backup attacker. He has won multiple trophies at one of the best clubs in the world and his goals have been instrumental to winning several cups. Many players will never be able to boast half as much on their CV.

And all that after having his arrival and settling in disrupted by lockdown and pandemic. Who knows what his contributions might have been if that hadn't happened?

Exactly
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 10:09:29 pm by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3779 on: June 21, 2022, 10:08:27 pm »
Thanks for the cups best of Luck in the future

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3780 on: June 21, 2022, 10:09:21 pm »
Personally, I’ll never forget how good he was for Salzburg against us at Anfield and wish him loads of luck for the future.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3781 on: June 21, 2022, 10:13:02 pm »
Good luck at Monaco Taki, massive part of us winning both cups this season, leaves us with one hell of a medal haul.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3782 on: June 21, 2022, 10:21:49 pm »
Good for both parties.

One of the few relatively poor transfers we've had in recent years. But then again, we've set incredibly high standards and it just shows you how far we've come in such a short space of time from a pretty average base.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #3783 on: June 21, 2022, 10:25:53 pm »
Good for both parties.

One of the few relatively poor transfers we've had in recent years. But then again, we've set incredibly high standards and it just shows you how far we've come in such a short space of time from a pretty average base.

Wouldn't even say it's a relatively poor transfer. He's not gone on to establish himself as a first choice starter which is obviously a shame, but for a very modest fee he (with others) afforded us a depth over the last season that gave us a realistic shot at a quadruple and helped us to win two domestic cups last season, being top scorer for us in both.

And after all that we've made a profit on him. I wouldn't say he's been a great success story but he's shown flashes of the clear ability he has that made us sign him in the first place and I fully expect him to kick on in a less physical league.

Good luck Taki :wave
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 10:27:39 pm by JerseyKloppite »

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3784 on: June 21, 2022, 10:25:57 pm »
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3785 on: June 21, 2022, 10:29:07 pm »
He may have wanted to be more involved but he played his role perfectly for us.  Glad he got a move to a decent team in the end.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3786 on: June 21, 2022, 10:32:51 pm »
Bloody good player. He's going to do well at Monaco.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #3787 on: June 21, 2022, 10:36:30 pm »
He may have wanted to be more involved but he played his role perfectly for us.  Glad he got a move to a decent team in the end.

I do think it's a shame that he didn't get on the pitch in the league cup final, or even in the squad for the FA cup final, given his contributions to those tournaments generally. I don't think a player's ego should be massaged at the expense of the team/club but I do think he merited at least a brief appearance at Wembley (and given that we didn't score in either final, he couldn't have made it worse ;D )

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3788 on: June 21, 2022, 10:40:39 pm »
Good luck, Taki. Hope he smashes it. Good deal for Monaco.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3789 on: June 21, 2022, 11:02:24 pm »
Thank you,Takumi  :)

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3790 on: June 21, 2022, 11:14:47 pm »
Good luck Taki. Shame you didn't get to play more this season. We saw you can be utterly clinical at times..
Will follow you at Monaco. At least Monaco gives you CL footie

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3791 on: June 21, 2022, 11:28:55 pm »

Did his best, good deal for the club and the player in the end, probably should've played more often in the league as a sub as he has a goal in him

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3792 on: June 21, 2022, 11:35:11 pm »
Good little squad player who played as vital role as any in our cup runs.

I don’t know if he was ever thought of as being more than he was so a good transfer all round, given we’ve doubled our  money on the fee. I do think he could have featured more than he did but I think the lockdown coming when it did just meant he was on the back foot from pretty much the beginning and by the time lockdown was over, we’d evolved again and signed Jota who established himself. Not being able to properly integrate with the squad so soon after he signed would have been a major blow to him.

The release clause was one, just like Shaq, that we couldn’t pass up.

All the best Taki!
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3793 on: June 21, 2022, 11:41:08 pm »
Gini Mini Mane Mo

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #3794 on: June 21, 2022, 11:44:54 pm »
Good deal overall, we know that players won't stay as backup for more than 2 years and he is so far down the pecking orders its almost unfair ro keep him. Still been great for both him and the club, we make a decent profit and he scored the goals that got us to the 2 domestic finals.

Best of luck Taki :wave
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3795 on: June 22, 2022, 12:09:15 am »
Gini Mini Mane Mo
Lines are open for an acceptable version of the next line ;)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #3796 on: June 22, 2022, 12:11:56 am »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3797 on: June 22, 2022, 12:23:29 am »
Good for both parties.

Again, how was he a ‘reatively poor transfer'?

This sort of comment baffles me to be honest, he was a cheap squad punt, and did more than enough to justify it.  I guess it’s the social media, pundit and tabloid footballing world we live in, that a 7 or 8 mill punt needs to become a mainstay in the team to be cosiderend not ‘reatively poor’.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #3798 on: June 22, 2022, 12:32:31 am »
Good luck Taki at Monaco.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3799 on: June 22, 2022, 12:41:06 am »
Lines are open for an acceptable version of the next line ;)

Martin Tyler, big 'ol ho...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...