Author Topic: Ghostbusters - Frozen Empire  (Read 7479 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Ghostbusters - Frozen Empire
« on: December 9, 2019, 04:05:11 pm »
Anybody seen the trailer for this yet? It actually looks... good.  :-X :o
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 09:28:22 am by Red Beret »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: Ghostbusters - Afterlife
« Reply #1 on: December 9, 2019, 04:08:42 pm »

Ghostbusters: Afterlife - Official Trailer (2020)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Mv_eVcoPHn4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Mv_eVcoPHn4</a>

Looks good ;D
« Last Edit: December 9, 2019, 04:12:06 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2 on: December 9, 2019, 04:12:49 pm »
Looks alright, not surprised really, following the reception of the trailer of the hack’s film, the trailer was always going to be decent.

The original lot all involved?
AHA!

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #3 on: December 9, 2019, 04:16:07 pm »
Looks decent. I'll go see it. Hopefully it's better than the last one
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #4 on: December 9, 2019, 05:07:17 pm »
All the original cast members from Ghostbusters 1 & 2 in this, (with the exception of Harold Ramis), Cant be any worse than that recent shite reboot.
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: December 9, 2019, 05:28:17 pm »
Already looks a million miles better than the awful Paul Feig film, and glad to see Paul Rudd involved. I always thought the ideal time for a reboot/sequel would have been a decade or so ago with the original rough roles in the team taken by Rudd (Ray), Chris Rock (Peter), Tina Fey (Egon) and Sean William Scott (Winston), but this Stranger Things version should be okay at the very least. My heart jumped a little with that snatch of Ecto 1 roaring through the streets with the siren on.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 9, 2019, 05:32:25 pm »
Is Melissa McCarthy in this?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #7 on: December 9, 2019, 06:11:46 pm »
Is Melissa McCarthy in this?

Did you not see the warehouse shot with the amorphous blob in it?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 9, 2019, 06:34:33 pm »
Just watched the trailer again.  It looks very good.  I like the slant they are taking with it, just having kids.  If the follow up trailers are any good I might actually pay money to watch this.

Popcorn's Art

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #9 on: December 9, 2019, 06:54:24 pm »
Yes please! Very excited!

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: December 9, 2019, 07:07:41 pm »
Did you not see the warehouse shot with the amorphous blob in it?

Ha ha!

It looks better than the Paul Feig one - although that's not difficult - and Jason Reitman's involved so that's a huge positive.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 9, 2019, 07:57:20 pm »
Jason Reitman has had this idea in his head for a long term according to a few interviews, the original cast are in it but probably be a cameo at the very end I reckon, sort of a back up to the kids saving the day.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: December 9, 2019, 10:18:56 pm »
Really like the look of this.

Nice use of a Peter Venkman quote towards the end as well (sounded like Bill Murray to me as well)
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: December 9, 2019, 11:26:22 pm »
Really like the look of this.

Nice use of a Peter Venkman quote towards the end as well (sounded like Bill Murray to me as well)

It was Bill Murray, and I think it's him now repeating the line rather than being lifted from the original film - he sounds old saying it lol.  But it's the kind of thing I could imagine him telling a kid who has busted their first ghost. :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2019, 01:31:16 pm »
I'm excited for it!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2019, 01:38:23 pm »
It looks like one of those expensive trailers that people make for films that will never happen, like that Fresh Prince one. 

It does look like a decent film in its own right though, which is a good thing. I'm not sold on the Star Wars-esque huge thing that happened 30 years ago being forgotten but we'll see how it plays out.

Stranger Things kid is starting to bug me with his ubiquity though.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2019, 01:42:31 pm »
I always thought the ideal time for a reboot/sequel would have been a decade or so ago with the original rough roles in the team taken by Rudd (Ray), Chris Rock (Peter), Tina Fey (Egon) and Sean William Scott (Winston)

My two decade ago cast was Vince Vaughn, Jon Favreau and Ron Livingston - basically the cast of Swingers.  My film was called Ghostbusters Inc. and the whole thing had been franchised and was run by Walter Peck who had booted the original GBs off the board and opened up GB branches worldwide : D

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2019, 08:17:40 pm »

Pretty much my reaction to that.

I dunno. Just because it looks like a better idea than Ghostbusters 2016 (not hard to do) doesn't mean it still looks good. Also got a bit of a Force Awakens vibe to that. Not a good vibe to have.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2019, 08:27:58 pm »

Pretty much my reaction to that.

I dunno. Just because it looks like a better idea than Ghostbusters 2016 (not hard to do) doesn't mean it still looks good. Also got a bit of a Force Awakens vibe to that. Not a good vibe to have.

Ever seen that South Park episode where Stan just thinks everything is shit? Just shit in his ears, shit coming out of peoples mouths, shit on TV, shit in the cinema, just shit everywhere.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2019, 10:54:57 pm »
Well if a remake with women doesn’t work, try with kids.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2019, 10:58:11 pm »
Well if a remake with women doesn’t work, try with kids.

You mean do a crap remake first so people will lap up a mediocre one? ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2019, 11:06:10 pm »
Ever seen that South Park episode where Stan just thinks everything is shit? Just shit in his ears, shit coming out of peoples mouths, shit on TV, shit in the cinema, just shit everywhere.

Hahahaha
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2019, 11:06:13 pm »
You mean do a crap remake first so people will lap up a mediocre one? ;D

I assumed it would be a shit one, a mediocre one, and then the one with dogs playing the lead roles would be boss.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2019, 01:09:45 am »
Where in my post did I say it looked shit? Or is that you just trying to make a dick out of someone again and failing?

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2019, 08:46:48 am »
I assumed it would be a shit one, a mediocre one, and then the one with dogs playing the lead roles would be boss.

Dogs and cats, living together  - MASS HYSTERIA!!

Popcorn's Art

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2019, 12:44:53 pm »
Where in my post did I say it looked shit? Or is that you just trying to make a dick out of someone again and failing?

I mean...you posted a gif of Paul Rudd looking disappointed?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2019, 03:27:24 pm »
What about one with Alisson , fabiniho and Bobby?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2019, 05:55:10 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5vzSPROcX1U&amp;t=1s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5vzSPROcX1U&amp;t=1s</a>

Not the only one that got TFA feeling from the trailer. Still, it might be OK. One thing I don't get, though: why would kids not know about the Ghostbusters, and ghosts, in this universe if it's canon? I mean, they saved NY city and the world twice. They blew up a giant marshmallow man and made the Statue of Liberty walk and punch a hole in a museum roof that was surrounded by slime. You'd think that would get some sort of historical importance enough for people to know what happened nearly 40 years on? Suppose not. Gotta educate the kids what Ghostbusters was now today, I suppose.

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2019, 06:50:17 pm »
I've never seen a trailer more obviously derived from a one-line pitch. "It's, uh, Ghostbusters but with the kids from Stranger Things in it".

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2021, 07:50:56 pm »
A new trailer has dropped for this. Looks quite endearing, even though it'll almost certainly be the third (fourth?) films with the same plot. Trading heavily on nostalgia I think.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HR-WxNVLZhQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HR-WxNVLZhQ</a>

Popcorn's Art

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2021, 08:13:47 pm »
Can’t stand that kid off Stranger Things. Looks like a little shit.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2021, 08:43:40 pm »
Stranger Things rip-off three years too late and a bunch of 'member berries
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2021, 09:37:26 pm »
Having this exist after the 2016 abomination just seems weird now. Especially when Annie Potts and Dan Ackroyd all had cameos that weren't canon but are in this.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2021, 11:13:35 pm »
I never watched the 2016 GB; as far as my brain is concerned, it never happened. And I've not watched Stranger Things either, so I'm totally free of bias and actually looking forward to.this film. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2021, 09:14:50 am »
Sounds like I'm in a minority here, but I quite like the look of this.

No surprise to hear that I really enjoyed Stranger Things as well.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2021, 09:24:40 am »
Looks alright to me :D

Produced by the original director, directed by his kid, decent cast (with Paul Rudd who always delivers) and all of the originals back.....as the originals. Should hopefully be a nice way to wash that car-crash remake from everyones memory.

I'm sure those saying it looks shit and its shit they've made another one will be finding a way to watch it....to tell us how shit it was.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2021, 09:42:50 am »
The only thing I went "ooh" at was Ackroyd at the end, the rest looks like a dumb kids film

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2021, 10:04:59 am »
So I think the film looks alright, but I hope they remember that Ghostbusters was, first and foremost, a comedy. From the trailer (which may not be representative of the film) this looks like it's taking itself way too seriously.

Nostalgia is everything now though, so not surprised we're getting a film that treats Ghostbusters not for what it actually was - a really funny film that didn't take itself seriously at all - but instead looks at it as this beloved thing that has to be honoured.

The one from a few years ago was obviously awful, but I reckon they at least had the right idea of just doing a straight comedy without feeling the need to pay homage to the original at every turn, bar a few cameos.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2021, 10:17:46 am »
Is this remake that everyone is slating the one with ladies as the Ghostbusters? That really wasn't good. But it wasn't terrible. It just didn't need to be made.

Off to watch the oceans 11 remake (2)to see if that was any better....
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2021, 11:26:16 am »
So I think the film looks alright, but I hope they remember that Ghostbusters was, first and foremost, a comedy. From the trailer (which may not be representative of the film) this looks like it's taking itself way too seriously.

Nostalgia is everything now though, so not surprised we're getting a film that treats Ghostbusters not for what it actually was - a really funny film that didn't take itself seriously at all - but instead looks at it as this beloved thing that has to be honoured.

The one from a few years ago was obviously awful, but I reckon they at least had the right idea of just doing a straight comedy without feeling the need to pay homage to the original at every turn, bar a few cameos.

I think it's fine if it's a different genre to the originals, as long as it's a well made movie. The 2016 one just seemed like a bunch of people fucking around not caring for a few months and then getting mad when people didn't adore what was left at the end.