Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension  (Read 891678 times)

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
Re: Anfield Road Extension - Construction Underway
« Reply #2080 on: July 9, 2022, 12:19:54 am »
I’m 99% sure that’s not right that picture.
The truss built already looks NOTHING like that.

Yeah I agree with that. Think someone has simply photoshopped the MS truss and just plonked it on top of the new ARE roof in that image. No idea why they've done that really. The 2 side truss structures that link the central main roof truss with the two structural supports in place at either side look nothing like the truss shown in that most recent image. I know images can be deceiving and not very accurate as well. I guess we'll find out for sure come Sunday evening!

« Last Edit: July 9, 2022, 12:24:14 am by kopdude81 »
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #2081 on: July 9, 2022, 12:26:09 am »
Because I’m such a sad bastard I’ve just gone back through videos and plans, the truss will be internal. I’m sure as eggs is eggs.

Yep I think you're right. That truss in that image looks exactly like the MS truss. The truss being constructed for the ARE looks totally different in terms of materials and finish. 
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #2082 on: July 9, 2022, 04:04:52 am »
Mr Drone was on site yesterday to catch the shoulder sections being made ready for todays lifts…main truss lift starts Sunday 8am. Great lad Mr Drone.

https://youtu.be/jEfAHEaQAVU

« Last Edit: July 9, 2022, 04:07:38 am by kopite321 »
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2083 on: July 9, 2022, 08:03:05 am »
Mr Drone is an absolutely sound guy.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2084 on: July 9, 2022, 09:45:49 am »
I got to point in the season when I was a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny bit sad when Everton lost because I didn't want Mr Drone to feel bad.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2085 on: July 9, 2022, 10:10:22 am »
That can’t be right. The two shoulder sections have purlins on them to take roof cladding on top. That looks like someone’s done an ‘artists impression’ without understand what’s actually being built.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2086 on: July 9, 2022, 10:26:03 am »
That render is bollocks. Good video from Mr Drone. Confirms what I sketched. The two shoulder sections go up first - presumably they can cantilever - then central section is lifted. Rafter assembly at the Main Stand end of the site will then go in to stabilise everything. Once that’s in they’ll work out filling in the rest of the floor plates for hospitality and GA concourses. Then finish of upper seating tiers and build out the roof.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #2087 on: July 9, 2022, 11:36:15 am »
That render is bollocks. Good video from Mr Drone. Confirms what I sketched. The two shoulder sections go up first - presumably they can cantilever - then central section is lifted. Rafter assembly at the Main Stand end of the site will then go in to stabilise everything. Once that’s in they’ll work out filling in the rest of the floor plates for hospitality and GA concourses. Then finish of upper seating tiers and build out the roof.

Your spot on… even the crawlers have moved into the position as per your sketch…   
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2088 on: July 9, 2022, 01:24:01 pm »
So if am understanding what Alan_X is saying the render should have looked like correctly ....

The main roof truss is already sitting on the current roof ( top floor ) of the ARE waiting to be lifted up on Sunday. What looks like a single flight of concrete steps, in the middle at the back of the extension, shows how high and far back the final row of new seats will be and the bottom of the truss will eventually be at the same height-ish as the top of the metalwork around that flight of steps ?

Does that sound right ?

EDIT: Actually, just see his latest video and the main roof truss is actually on the ground hidden from view between the old stand and the new bit.
« Last Edit: July 9, 2022, 01:51:14 pm by SalahsLeftFoot »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2089 on: July 9, 2022, 05:58:45 pm »
Mr Drone has been down to the ground this morning. Been too windy this morning to move anything into place. He's got a really good relationship with the guys on site by the sounds of it

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/e2-4NbN5Ikk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/e2-4NbN5Ikk</a>
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2090 on: July 9, 2022, 09:08:05 pm »
So if am understanding what Alan_X is saying the render should have looked like correctly ....

The main roof truss is already sitting on the current roof ( top floor ) of the ARE waiting to be lifted up on Sunday. What looks like a single flight of concrete steps, in the middle at the back of the extension, shows how high and far back the final row of new seats will be and the bottom of the truss will eventually be at the same height-ish as the top of the metalwork around that flight of steps ?

Does that sound right ?

EDIT: Actually, just see his latest video and the main roof truss is actually on the ground hidden from view between the old stand and the new bit.

Not quite. The centre section of the main roof truss is sitting on the first floor slab (hospitality concourse) behind the existing stand. The two ‘shoulders’ are being moved into place ready for the lift. The element by the Main Stand is a section of the roof rafters and purlins between the back of the stand and the roof truss.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 05:03:23 pm by kopite321 »

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
« Reply #2092 on: July 10, 2022, 05:14:55 pm »
Not quite. The centre section of the main roof truss is sitting on the first floor slab (hospitality concourse) behind the existing stand. The two ‘shoulders’ are being moved into place ready for the lift. The element by the Main Stand is a section of the roof rafters and purlins between the back of the stand and the roof truss.

Thanks

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2093 on: July 10, 2022, 10:15:57 pm »
Mr Drone has pretty much done a netflix series in the last 3 days

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2094 on: July 10, 2022, 10:24:46 pm »
Mr Drone has pretty much done a netflix series in the last 3 days
I look forward to his next episode.

I have to say, he comes across as a genuinely lovely fella. His work is great too.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #2095 on: July 10, 2022, 10:42:07 pm »

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #2096 on: July 10, 2022, 11:37:24 pm »
Paul Frost has put up part 1 of the shoulder truss lift from the stanley park compound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa_em1-iGeA&t=426s

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #2097 on: July 11, 2022, 09:48:08 am »
Paul Frosts Second video, outstanding close ups of the steel erectors and crane driver working in tandem.. you can really see the scale now of the stand from the drone footage of the truss shoulder assembly taken at distance…

https://youtu.be/9zJhpyWsbXI

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2098 on: July 11, 2022, 10:02:30 am »
Haha he’s filming Mr Drone filming the truss. The streams have crossed. They should just get toegether and create a super agency. Drone & Frost - land and sky, we’ve got it covered…

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2099 on: July 11, 2022, 10:43:12 am »
Haha he’s filming Mr Drone filming the truss. The streams have crossed. They should just get toegether and create a super agency. Drone & Frost - land and sky, we’ve got it covered…

Never cross the streams.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2100 on: July 11, 2022, 10:55:25 am »
Erections, crossing streams... thread needs an 18+ warning.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #2101 on: July 11, 2022, 10:58:24 am »
Lets hope they don't blow the load later..

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
« Reply #2102 on: July 11, 2022, 12:31:04 pm »
Paul Frosts Second video, outstanding close ups of the steel erectors and crane driver working in tandem.. you can really see the scale now of the stand from the drone footage of the truss shoulder assembly taken at distance…

https://youtu.be/9zJhpyWsbXI

It's amazing how mesmerising cranes slowly moving steelwork is :D

And call me Mr Thicky but ... in the bit where they are banging in the bolts/pegs at the point where the two frames meet, should the bottom of the part they have just lifted into place not be flush with the bottom of the part that was already there ?

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #2103 on: July 11, 2022, 12:45:15 pm »
As they tighten the bolts the sections  will align...the bolts are inserted in a certain order...if anyone was a fitter you would remember connecting flanges...first bolt as six o'clock position...next at twelve o'clock position... etc

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
« Reply #2104 on: July 11, 2022, 12:50:41 pm »
As they tighten the bolts the sections  will align...the bolts are inserted in a certain order...if anyone was a fitter you would remember connecting flanges...first bolt as six o'clock position...next at twelve o'clock position... etc

Thanks, I assumed it would something like that.

And TBF the video doesn't actually show a close up after the guys have finished.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2105 on: July 11, 2022, 12:55:01 pm »
It's amazing how mesmerising cranes slowly moving steelwork is :D

And call me Mr Thicky but ... in the bit where they are banging in the bolts/pegs at the point where the two frames meet, should the bottom of the part they have just lifted into place not be flush with the bottom of the part that was already there ?

The flange and web of the beams align. The joints are spliced on each side with plates secured by 20-30 bolts. When the shoulder trusses were on the ground you could see the splice plates hanging open at the end of each joint like a crocodiles mouth.

When the shoulder is lifted they feed the top and bottom splicing plates over the support beam and then start to tighten up the nuts and bolts.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2106 on: July 11, 2022, 01:09:52 pm »
Typical structural steel spliced joint. They’re all over the steelwork if you look out for them.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2107 on: July 11, 2022, 01:11:29 pm »
Meccano is fun, isn't it.  :)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2108 on: July 11, 2022, 01:17:08 pm »
If you look at the shoulder truss when it was on the flat bed truck you can see that different joints are in different stages of completion. Top splice has has all its nuts and bolts in place and would be the first connection. Lower splice plates have one bolt and are folded back out of the way.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2109 on: July 11, 2022, 01:19:08 pm »
Meccano is fun, isn't it.  :)

Love it! 🔧
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #2110 on: July 11, 2022, 02:06:04 pm »

The flange and web of the beams align. The joints are spliced on each side with plates secured by 20-30 bolts. When the shoulder trusses were on the ground you could see the splice plates hanging open at the end of each joint like a crocodiles mouth.

When the shoulder is lifted they feed the top and bottom splicing plates over the support beam and then start to tighten up the nuts and bolts.

Perfect description Alan, beats my attempt hands down.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2111 on: July 11, 2022, 02:36:51 pm »
Close up of the shoulder truss on the flat bed truck. A & B are the top connections. Bolts on the shoulder section mostly in place and these splices would be the first to be assembled, although not tightened. C&D Bracing loosely assembled to allow for adjustment while A & B are assembled. E is the bottom splice (F not visible), again loosely assembled to allow adjustment.

On D you can see there's only one bolt and the plates have been swung out of the way to ease location and assembly.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #2112 on: July 11, 2022, 03:36:13 pm »
Main truss lift moved to tomorrow .Boooooo lol

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2113 on: July 11, 2022, 03:41:13 pm »
Lets hope they don't blow the load later..

I laughed at this.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2114 on: July 11, 2022, 03:41:37 pm »
Close up of the shoulder truss on the flat bed truck. A & B are the top connections. Bolts on the shoulder section mostly in place and these splices would be the first to be assembled, although not tightened. C&D Bracing loosely assembled to allow for adjustment while A & B are assembled. E is the bottom splice (F not visible), again loosely assembled to allow adjustment.

On D you can see there's only one bolt and the plates have been swung out of the way to ease location and assembly.

As someone who has just struggled to assemble a sum linger I often wonder how it must feel to be this clever.

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #2115 on: July 11, 2022, 04:11:43 pm »
Erections, crossing streams... thread needs an 18+ warning.

And now add flange to that list!

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2116 on: July 11, 2022, 04:15:54 pm »
There's a problem with the falange?

This thread is rivetting
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #2117 on: July 11, 2022, 04:21:56 pm »
As someone who has just struggled to assemble a sum linger I often wonder how it must feel to be this clever.

I'd urge you to scrub up on your spelling first & then move on to the bigger tasks! ;)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2118 on: July 11, 2022, 04:51:29 pm »

Just spent a lot of years in construction Nick.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2119 on: July 11, 2022, 04:58:52 pm »
Have to say I’m impressed with the methodology they’re using. It’s a constrained site and they’re doing everything with mobile cranes - no tower crane. What might have looked perverse at first sight (just building the central three bays of the upper tier, leaving gaps in the first floor slab is a well thought through sequence.

When they built the first floor hospitality concourse I thought it was for site accommodation but it was so they could assemble the centre truss section in situ ready for the lift.

Really impressive.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)