Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension  (Read 895615 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: Anfield Road Extension - Planning Permission Submitted
« Reply #1280 on: October 1, 2021, 02:51:06 pm »
I assume the Blues have stuck a few new cones out down at the dock in a bid to compete as we've had this new story out?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1281 on: October 1, 2021, 06:31:39 pm »
There’s a guy on Skyscraper city who’s written a long detailed account of a long ‘walk around’ the ground he had with club officials at the ground breaking ceremony. The general consensus is that the club have future plans for doubling the Kop and re-routing the road, however the deal breaker is the transport issue which is way way way off being resolved. But seems the appetite is there. And the SKD Is a complete no goer due to the housing.

All stuff we kind of know, and make of it what you will but he seems pretty legit (certainly a little more than Darren of DBTV). Interesting never the less.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1282 on: October 1, 2021, 06:39:07 pm »
There’s a guy on Skyscraper city who’s written a long detailed account of a long ‘walk around’ the ground he had with club officials at the ground breaking ceremony. The general consensus is that the club have future plans for doubling the Kop and re-routing the road, however the deal breaker is the transport issue which is way way way off being resolved. But seems the appetite is there. And the SKD Is a complete no goer due to the housing.

All stuff we kind of know, and make of it what you will but he seems pretty legit (certainly a little more than Darren of DBTV). Interesting never the less.
That would be awesome and FSG like Fenway will look at every way to increase capacity, i do remember plans that were on the Echo about future pedestrianisation of WBR, some nice pics of it but haven't heard or seen anything for a couple of years about it.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1283 on: October 1, 2021, 06:40:02 pm »
« Last Edit: October 1, 2021, 06:56:00 pm by Son of Spion* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1284 on: October 1, 2021, 07:08:06 pm »
^
^
I've linked to the page in case anyone wants to read it.  :)

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/liverpool-anfield-stadium-54-074-61-000.210414/page-751

Careful mate, Demolition Dan will find you

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1286 on: October 1, 2021, 08:28:56 pm »
Just to be kind, I doubt anything of what is written there is true.

He's got them all eating out of his hands though. Fantastic rustle if it is all just a bunch of shite.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1287 on: October 1, 2021, 08:38:00 pm »
He's got them all eating out of his hands though. Fantastic rustle if it is all just a bunch of shite.

Absolutely, fair play to the fella. New train/tram station 200m from the ground and a single tier Kop 2.5 times the size of the current one. Pass me whatever he’s been smoking!

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1288 on: October 1, 2021, 10:00:26 pm »
Imagine the view from the top of a 30,000 seater Kop, you'd probably be classed as an astronaut you'd be that high up ;D

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1289 on: October 1, 2021, 10:34:30 pm »
Are you suggesting that the man is just making shit up?

How very dare you ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1290 on: October 1, 2021, 11:48:05 pm »
Read that link. How did this chap get to be in the company of those in the know for two hours?   Sounds a bit of wishful thinking.   

But don't get all this transport stuff. Yes would be great to have a rail station nearer than Sandhills or Kirkdale, and a tram link or improved bus services but are they really needed? Have people really lost the ability to walk a a bit further if needs be?  Not a big deal to park a mile and a half from the ground and walk up.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2021, 12:00:26 am by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1291 on: October 2, 2021, 01:09:09 am »
Just to be kind, I doubt anything of what is written there is true.
Yes, but fiction is also popular.  ;)

In all seriousness, I just posted the link and make no judgement on the content.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1292 on: October 2, 2021, 01:13:04 am »
Careful mate, Demolition Dan will find you
;D

I saw he was expecting some sort of RAWK meltdown over the comment that re-routing WBR would be easy.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1293 on: October 2, 2021, 02:14:36 am »
The most embarrassing part is that they got Kloppo to do some digging work, I mean, if ever there was a sign of how skint we are, it has to be that  :-\

Let’s hope Priti Patel doesn’t have him deported because his visa doesn’t cover construction work...
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #1294 on: October 2, 2021, 05:02:01 am »
I've done a quick overlay of the Level 00 plan on a screenshot of the drone footage and to me that's just basic enabling works. The concrete pours are probably protection for services

I dont think there's any foundations yet apart from possibly three near the Main Stand. I'll see if I can find the structural scheme in the planning documents and do an other overlay.

Yellow shows the rear elevation of the existing stand, the Anfield Road diversion and the outline of the extension

*edit - I've amended the image as the perspective was slightly out. The areas lower left are on the structural line so could be raft foundations. I'll check the structural scheme. However there is still a lot of foundation work to be done before any steel or concrete is built above ground level.

Brilliant Alan, I am still convinced we can see concrete plinths for steel work on the left as we look at your brilliant overlays.
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1295 on: October 2, 2021, 06:34:51 am »
Wherever you stand on the owners’ transfer policy, there’s no doubting FSG’s commitment to investing in Liverpool’s infrastructure.

The new £110 million Main Stand, which opened in 2016, added 8,500 seats. It’s been a huge success, with match-day revenues increasing by nearly £20 million per season before the pandemic hit.

FSG then turned Klopp’s vision into reality with the £50 million new training complex at Kirkby after Liverpool outgrew their Melwood base.

Now they have given the green light to the Anfield Road project that will see the existing lower tier refurbished and a new upper tier built above it. The scheme will create around 400 new match-day roles, in addition to the 2,200 people currently employed at each home game.

Initially, the cost was expected to be around £60 million but The Athletic can reveal that has since climbed to around £80 million following changes to the design and the increase in the bill for construction.

Crucially, in terms of revenues, the existing capacity won’t be affected during the building process.

When you add in the new retail store at Anfield and the investment in the new pitch and drainage facilities, that comes to around £250 million.

Further increases in Anfield’s capacity would be difficult given the space constraints of the Sir Kenny Dalglish Stand and the Kop. “We just haven’t looked at it. No plans, we’ve had no discussions,” says Hughes.

What about paying for the Anfield Road stand? In the case of the Main Stand, the owners gave Liverpool a low-interest £110 million loan that is being chipped away at with annual payments. Liverpool have since expanded their credit facility and has the option of taking on debt if it was necessary.

https://theathletic.com/2849657/2021/10/02/fsg-and-the-culture-wars-at-liverpool/
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1296 on: October 2, 2021, 08:54:49 am »
Initially, the cost was expected to be around £60 million but The Athletic can reveal that has since climbed to around £80 million following changes to the design and the increase in the bill for construction.

Interesting - so the cost of construction has gone up she to an increase in the bill for construction. 

Insightful stuff.

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1297 on: October 2, 2021, 10:25:55 am »
That would be awesome and FSG like Fenway will look at every way to increase capacity, i do remember plans that were on the Echo about future pedestrianisation of WBR, some nice pics of it but haven't heard or seen anything for a couple of years about it.

The Anfield Project for WBR (widening pavements etc) has been shelved by the council.

Offline GoldenGloves25

• Kopite
  • You are a reptile, Carmichael!!
« Reply #1298 on: October 2, 2021, 03:06:12 pm »
I've went into that SSC thread and called out his bullshit. A 22k kop is impossible. Someone deleted it! 😂
A slave to rhythm and the fickle nature of charm.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1299 on: October 2, 2021, 03:08:28 pm »
I've went into that SSC thread and called out his bullshit. A 22k kop is impossible. Someone deleted it! 😂

The Kop is already near 13k mate and he said 2.5 times its current size which takes it to about 30k, which is even more unbelievable than 22k!

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1300 on: October 2, 2021, 03:11:44 pm »
The Kop is already near 13k mate and he said 2.5 times its current size which takes it to about 30k, which is even more unbelievable than 22k!

Actually it's 32.5k but who's counting when it comes to ridiculous numbers? ;D

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline GoldenGloves25

• Kopite
  • You are a reptile, Carmichael!!
« Reply #1301 on: October 2, 2021, 03:13:29 pm »
Absolute virgins the lot of em. Jesus H.
A slave to rhythm and the fickle nature of charm.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1302 on: October 2, 2021, 03:15:14 pm »

Hope there's escalators up to the top, and oxygen cannisters to keep us going ;D

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1303 on: October 2, 2021, 03:19:47 pm »

Actually it's 32,255  :jester

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1304 on: October 2, 2021, 04:24:21 pm »

Ahh, I was hoping they'd at least get it back to the 28,000 it used to hold when I first stood on it. Never mind.  :sad

I'm just off to SSC to see what's going on. Funnily enough, someone on there recently called RAWK delusional.  :lmao

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1305 on: October 2, 2021, 04:36:37 pm »
Hope there's escalators up to the top, and oxygen cannisters to keep us going ;D
We'll need crampons in winter if it snows too. Maybe a chair lift?

At least exiting the Kop afterwards will be quick and easy.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1306 on: October 2, 2021, 04:57:31 pm »
Actually it's 32,255  :jester

;D

Ski chairlifts to the top, tested and approved by Cantona

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1307 on: October 2, 2021, 05:13:36 pm »
;D

Ski chairlifts to the top, tested and approved by Cantona

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1308 on: October 2, 2021, 05:20:53 pm »
Interesting - so the cost of construction has gone up she to an increase in the bill for construction. 

Insightful stuff.

Has Moshiri noticed the increase in construction costs? ;D

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1309 on: October 2, 2021, 05:27:07 pm »

Surely you'd only look if you were intending on building something...  ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1310 on: October 2, 2021, 05:30:17 pm »
He's getting all his steel for free off Uncle Uzzy.

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1311 on: October 3, 2021, 10:06:04 am »
One thing that’s puzzling me is the Athletic’s report that costs for the new Annie Road COULD rise £20m to £80m due to changes in the design and increased construction costs… surely the club would have agreed a fixed price before they submitted the final planning application and that would already have contained all design changes?   
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1312 on: October 3, 2021, 10:07:37 am »
Think the point is a few years ago they expected it to cost £60m, but since prices have gone up and design changes have been made which has seen the final cost increase.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #1313 on: October 3, 2021, 10:30:07 am »
Also, I think the original approved planning application was for 5000 seats only.
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1314 on: October 3, 2021, 10:44:44 am »
Also, I think the original approved planning application was for 5000 seats only.

Yeah, that's the one they allowed to lapse so they could submit the new proposal. Knowing as they do the logistical difficulties expanding the SKD and Kop, getting as much out of the ARE makes sense for FSG.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1315 on: October 3, 2021, 10:14:56 pm »
One thing that’s puzzling me is the Athletic’s report that costs for the new Annie Road COULD rise £20m to £80m due to changes in the design and increased construction costs… surely the club would have agreed a fixed price before they submitted the final planning application and that would already have contained all design changes?   

Not a chance. No contractor is going to take on that kind of risk-  or if they did, they'd give a price no one would accept. If they'd price the steel in Nov 2020, they'd have lost their shirts before Jurgen put a spade in the ground - probably not bothered turning up.

As for design changes, a planning design is not even close to being buildable. If it were, the designers would charge a fortune for it and if it didn't get consent...
« Last Edit: October 3, 2021, 10:38:47 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1316 on: October 3, 2021, 10:19:26 pm »
I know we joke about "filling in the corners" but indulge me for a moment, say we did how many extra seats could we get in if we did up all 4 corners of the ground?  :D

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1317 on: October 3, 2021, 10:29:56 pm »
I know we joke about "filling in the corners" but indulge me for a moment, say we did how many extra seats could we get in if we did up all 4 corners of the ground?  :D

The stands already go way past the goal and sidelines and the lower levels are already knitted into each other - so not that many. It's ages since I worked it out. Roughly 600 in each corner ?
« Last Edit: October 3, 2021, 10:37:40 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1318 on: October 3, 2021, 10:39:16 pm »
Thanks mate! so fill in the corner post Annie Road development and we're on for about 63.5K capacity.  :D

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1319 on: October 3, 2021, 10:59:07 pm »
Thanks mate! so fill in the corner post Annie Road development and we're on for about 63.5K capacity.  :D

Given that each seat will probably cost North of £10,000 to build, go figure...