Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 1059524 times)

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #1160 on: January 27, 2020, 03:50:54 pm »
You ok coming home in the middle of your holiday to do your job for a day? Do you think if you were asked to do that you’d also not be thinking about it in the days leading up to it, having to make rearrangements etc?

The break is the break, it’s been arranged (poorly as per usual between the authorities), and it should be honoured. The same as you would expect your leave to be honoured.

This is it, isn't it? One of Klopp's outstanding talents is keeping his players happy. Telling some of them that their holiday is cancelled is a bad idea, no matter how "professionally" they deal with it. That kind of thing affects families, which affects players, no matter how much they get paid.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #1161 on: January 27, 2020, 03:51:08 pm »
We have squad unity. All the lads love to be together, train together, give their all for us to win. Play through knocks, illness, when they're tired ( Robbo said so post match this past weekend).

Should Klopp change his mind and ask certain players back for the replay, he is dangerously close to breaking that squad unity with a two tiered system. Tier one gets the time off with their families. Tier two doesn't. What do you think tier two's families think of that when they're at home with their partner/husband/dad?

I'm glad Jurgen is sticking to his guns on allowing the players the time off.

Now should a player volunteer to play, that's an individual choice. But i'm not holding it against any or all who don't.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #1162 on: January 27, 2020, 03:53:19 pm »
Did you go the league cup game and say the same?

The League Cup was totally different.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1163 on: January 27, 2020, 03:53:53 pm »
We have squad unity. All the lads love to be together, train together, give their all for us to win. Play through knocks, illness, when they're tired ( Robbo said so post match this past weekend).

Should Klopp change his mind and ask certain players back for the replay, he is dangerously close to breaking that squad unity with a two tiered system. Tier one gets the time off with their families. Tier two doesn't. What do you think tier two's families think of that when they're at home with their partner/husband/dad?

I'm glad Jurgen is sticking to his guns on allowing the players the time off.

Now should a player volunteer to play, that's an individual choice. But i'm not holding it against any or all who don't.

If we play the same team we did vs Villa vs Shrewsbury, then we're effectively playing the u23s and so nobody can deny they are in a different tier anyway - from training to coaching staff. Half of those lads none of us had heard of.

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #1164 on: January 27, 2020, 03:54:27 pm »
I see the usual bunch are just using this as an excuse to argue with each other.

Klopp knows best.
Why was my post deleted?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1165 on: January 27, 2020, 03:54:58 pm »
The League Cup was totally different.

Different reasons I agree, but did you feel Klopp not being there to manage the team meant you wasted money on tickets and travel?

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #1166 on: January 27, 2020, 03:57:47 pm »
I don't think many of the regular match-going crowd will be thinking if Klopp's not present I'm wasting my ticket, especially this year.

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #1167 on: January 27, 2020, 03:59:22 pm »
GREED GREED GREED - all this mention of too many games !!!   

but you don't hear the comments about reducing the Premier League to 19 or even 18 teams,  why because the football clubs directors want more games for more match day revenue.

The FA and The Premier League have seriously fcuked up, poor communication,  selecting a date that was always in line for FA Cup 4th round replays, amateurs the lot of them.

our first serious attempt at winning the FA Cup in the last 4 years, now rests in the hand of teenagers, they capitulated against Villa,, god knows what happens against Shrewsbury Town potentially on 4th Feb.

' move the date bellends '    everyone wins,   the Cup always takes president against any League game   

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1168 on: January 27, 2020, 04:01:41 pm »
our first serious attempt at winning the FA Cup in the last 4 years, now rests in the hand of teenagers, they capitulated against Villa,, god knows what happens against Shrewsbury Town potentially on 4th Feb.

Bit idiotic given we played youth in the 3rd round vs Everton, as well as in the early rounds of the league cup too.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #1169 on: January 27, 2020, 04:04:56 pm »
If we play the same team we did vs Villa vs Shrewsbury, then we're effectively playing the u23s and so nobody can deny they are in a different tier anyway - from training to coaching staff. Half of those lads none of us had heard of.

Yeah, we do have a two tiered system.

First team..tier one.

Academy...tier two.

We keep the unity up in both.

And fyi..I knew all the players because I follow the U23's and U18's. Watch as many of their matches and highlights as LFCTVGO allows.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1170 on: January 27, 2020, 04:06:59 pm »
I am a regular scouse match goer  and although il still go to the game if klopps not there it is still strange to be and all the other lads i go the game with why were playing a under 23 side in the fa cup. I am fully confident that we could win every competition we are in this year without resting the entire forst team
Squad against shrewsbury.

I can only see postivie things coming from the likes of origi fabinho matip getting extra minutes which would hopefully benefit them in the next few months.

I have just read that all clubs were made aware that the winter break could potentially be interrupted if there was a need for a fourth round replay so we have known about this since the start of the season.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1171 on: January 27, 2020, 04:08:32 pm »
GREED GREED GREED - all this mention of too many games !!!   

but you don't hear the comments about reducing the Premier League to 19 or even 18 teams,  why because the football clubs directors want more games for more match day revenue.

The FA and The Premier League have seriously fcuked up, poor communication,  selecting a date that was always in line for FA Cup 4th round replays, amateurs the lot of them.

' move the date bellends '    everyone wins,   the Cup always takes president against any League game
Would you really say they capitulated?
Besides, given there is no WCC this time, I'd expect a stronger squad than we played V Villa.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1172 on: January 27, 2020, 04:12:17 pm »
I am a regular scouse match goer  and although il still go to the game if klopps not there it is still strange to be and all the other lads i go the game with why were playing a under 23 side in the fa cup. I am fully confident that we could win every competition we are in this year without resting the entire forst team
Squad against shrewsbury.

I can only see postivie things coming from the likes of origi fabinho matip getting extra minutes which would hopefully benefit them in the next few months.

I have just read that all clubs were made aware that the winter break could potentially be interrupted if there was a need for a fourth round replay so we have known about this since the start of the season.

And?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1173 on: January 27, 2020, 04:13:57 pm »
I don't think many of the regular match-going crowd will be thinking if Klopp's not present I'm wasting my ticket, especially this year.

The fans should pack the place out and create a great atmosphere. If we then go on to win the game then it's the perfect response on and off the pitch.

On the other hand a City-esque attendance with all the noise from the away fans watching men against boys with a big away win live on BBC 1 and it's not a good advert for the club.

I  think Jurgen has more than enough credit in the bank for the fans to turn up in numbers and play their part in making home advantage count, whether they're happy with the situation or not.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 04:16:56 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1174 on: January 27, 2020, 04:14:17 pm »
And?

The club could have foreseen the possibility of this happening and told players that in the event if a replay some players may need to be available to play.

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1175 on: January 27, 2020, 04:16:47 pm »
The club could have foreseen the possibility of this happening and told players that in the event if a replay some players may need to be available to play.

Klopp obviously disagrees

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1176 on: January 27, 2020, 04:18:32 pm »

Then to be honest he should have reacted quicker with the subs yesterday to prevent a replay. The second half was a horror show and we waited too long to change it.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1177 on: January 27, 2020, 04:19:47 pm »
Storm in a tea cup. Some will moan over anything. I'm happy to stick with the decision of the bloke who's won us the CL & likely the PL.

Yeah, we do have a two tiered system.

First team..tier one.

Academy...tier two.

We keep the unity up in both.

And fyi..I knew all the players because I follow the U23's and U18's. Watch as many of their matches and highlights as LFCTVGO allows.

You've just said that we shouldn't have a two tier system, and then admitted we have a two tier system.

What wife & kids do Neco Williams & Caiomhin Kelleher have to go back to, by the way?

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1178 on: January 27, 2020, 04:20:50 pm »

I know he disagrees thats the whole point of this conversation lad. Whats the point in having a forum if ye cant discuss the pros and cons of the team and what we are doing. I love klopp doesnt mean i cant disagree with him on one single issue.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1179 on: January 27, 2020, 04:22:16 pm »
First league in 30 years .Klopp and the  first team can do what they like as far as i'm concerned . It is not their problem anyway it's the FA's .

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1180 on: January 27, 2020, 04:25:08 pm »
First league in 30 years .Klopp and the  first team can do what they like as far as i'm concerned . It is not their problem anyway it's the FA's .

And what if withdrawing every single first team squad player from the FA Cup replay adversely affected our chances of winning the league? Or don't you recognise any merit in that argument at all? In other words is it better, say, that Keita and Fabinho don't play football for another two weeks?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1181 on: January 27, 2020, 04:26:12 pm »
And what if withdrawing every single first team squad player from the FA Cup replay adversely affected our chances of winning the league? Or don't you recognise any merit in that argument at all? In other words is it better that, say, that Keita and Fabinho don't play football for another two weeks?

Well wasn't that going to be the case if we won yesterday?

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1182 on: January 27, 2020, 04:27:07 pm »
And what if withdrawing every single first team squad player from the FA Cup replay adversely affected our chances of winning the league? Or don't you recognise any merit in that argument at all? In other words is it better, say, that Keita and Fabinho don't play football for another two weeks?

If we won yesterday would you still be saying this? As they wouldn't have got any football for another two weeks anyway as we were told to not schedule any games.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1183 on: January 27, 2020, 04:30:44 pm »
Well wasn't that going to be the case if we won yesterday?

Of course it was. But we drew. So a) We still have a job to do if we want to get through to the next round* b) At least having a replay, as embarrassing as it is, allows us the possibility of knocking the rust out of Fabinho's body.

*I recognise that some Liverpool supporters think that the FA Cup is no longer worth winning and therefore this consideration has no power at all.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #1184 on: January 27, 2020, 04:30:48 pm »
The fans should pack the place out and create a great atmosphere. If we then go on to win the game then it's the perfect response on and off the pitch.

On the other hand a City-esque attendance with all the noise from the away fans watching men against boys with a big away win live on BBC 1 and it's not a good advert for the club.

I  think Jurgen has more than enough credit in the bank for the fans to turn up in numbers and play their part in making home advantage count, whether they're happy with the situation or not.

We just need to win it with the u23s, easy.  :D

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1185 on: January 27, 2020, 04:31:08 pm »
The amount of cry arsing over the FA cup of all things is fucking embarrassing.

This team and manager have given us everything this season, ran themselves in to the ground for us, flew around the world and brought home our first ever Club World Cup, have gone unbeaten in the league for a whole year, sit 16 points ahead in a league we haven't won for 30 years and how do some respond? Moan, moan about them having a much deserved break because we might not win in the FA cup.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1186 on: January 27, 2020, 04:32:00 pm »
I reckon a lot of people need to relax the cacks a bit and let thing settle a wee bit. Especially that tube the Accrinton Stanley chairman, dickhead. Looking for his 15 mins of fame no doubt.
It's a bit of a bullox, but I think we'll have a few people in the team who need minutes aswell as the kids. I also think Klopp will be there. He may be in the stand with a beer or maybe in the Kop with the fans, but he'll be there. And we will go through anyway
No need for a shit storm

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1187 on: January 27, 2020, 04:32:27 pm »
Of course it was. But we drew. So a) We still have a job to do if we want to get through to the next round* b) At least having a replay, as embarrassing as it is, allows us the possibility of knocking the rust out of Fabinho's body.

*I recognise that some Liverpool supporters think that the FA Cup is no longer worth winning and therefore this consideration has no power at all.

Yet they make a fuss about a farce of a competition called the club world cup

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1188 on: January 27, 2020, 04:33:17 pm »
I assume (hope) he's taking the piss.
Think he might have accidentally left a 'not' out, as in 'players are not going to not sign for us because ...'.

Infuriatingly easy to do on a phone.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1189 on: January 27, 2020, 04:34:00 pm »
If we won yesterday would you still be saying this? As they wouldn't have got any football for another two weeks anyway as we were told to not schedule any games.

Same answer as above really. I'd have preferred to go through first time round. But given we didn't, and given what we saw of how shockingly poor the returnees were, one great benefit of having a replay is that they can get more minutes under their belt. Our league performances can only be enhanced.

It's an opportunity. One we should seize.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1190 on: January 27, 2020, 04:36:42 pm »

I don't have a problem with Klopp's position in principle provided that if certain senior bench players express a wish to be involved then they should be allowed to do so and that all U23 players including Curtis and Harvey are available. I don't want to see a side like the one that played Villa where the best U23 players were in Qatar.

Part of the problem here is that Klopp only mentioned that all senior players would be unavailable for a replay after the game so it appears to some like petulance and obstinacy, when in fact it is a point of principle. Even footballers deserve a holiday. I can see why he did not mention it before as he would have hoped that a win would mean not having to deal with the fallout.

I would have loved for us to go for the Cup and maybe we still can but come Wednesday night, all I care about is beating West Ham.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1191 on: January 27, 2020, 04:39:06 pm »
The amount of cry arsing over the FA cup of all things is fucking embarrassing.

This team and manager have given us everything this season, ran themselves in to the ground for us, flew around the world and brought home our first ever Club World Cup, have gone unbeaten in the league for a whole year, sit 16 points ahead in a league we haven't won for 30 years and how do some respond? Moan, moan about them having a much deserved break because we might not win in the FA cup.

The fans will ultimately back the manager (whether they agree with the decision or not), it's every other fan and media outlet who'll slaughter us.

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #1192 on: January 27, 2020, 04:39:13 pm »
Would you really say they capitulated?
Besides, given there is no WCC this time, I'd expect a stronger squad than we played V Villa.

remains to be seen re the squad selection and availability,  they did capitulate imo

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #1193 on: January 27, 2020, 04:42:25 pm »
The amount of cry arsing over the FA cup of all things is fucking embarrassing

if the FA offered a golden goose and mega bucks to the winner,  it would become a big competition again, 
at the minute its not on many people radar

maybe a big premier league team at Anfield in the 5th round draw ,, just might be the leverage to change a LFC stance ??
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 04:47:38 pm by Benimar Col »

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1194 on: January 27, 2020, 04:46:21 pm »
if the FA offered a golden goose and mega bucks to the winner,  it would become a big competition again, 

FA don’t have the money and it shouldn’t be about that.

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #1195 on: January 27, 2020, 04:48:19 pm »

that's the point I am making,,  if it was about money LFC directors would instigate a strong approach

Offline jack witham

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1196 on: January 27, 2020, 04:49:01 pm »
I would expect all Liverpool fans to back the manager 100% on this.

Everyone  else moaning can get to fuck.
Form is temporary,Class is permanent.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1197 on: January 27, 2020, 04:51:26 pm »

maybe a big premier league team at Anfield in the 5th round draw ,, just might be the leverage to change a LFC stance ??
So you think if we Potentially draw Man City or Chelsea or United at home tonight, things will change? Why?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1198 on: January 27, 2020, 04:52:11 pm »
I wonder if Klopp might compromise a little with some players or are the replay dates to close for what the club has promised?

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1199 on: January 27, 2020, 04:54:32 pm »

You are right it shouldn't be about money. Our priority this season is clearly to win the league, after that the defence of the Champions League. Domestic cups aren't the priority, we can argue of the importance of the Club World Cup v Domestic Cups but not everybody gets the chance to call themselves the world champions.