Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 1076707 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #8800 on: January 30, 2023, 04:04:18 pm »
I've never seen him down and as passive as this before.

Of course he is down, no manager ever likes being slated as he was in that press conference but can people stop trying to make it more than it is. Only a week ago he had that interview where he made it quite clear he was looking forward to the challenge of bringing a new team together. We just have to get through this season, but we need to stop trying to read his thoughts beyond what he says.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline djschembri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8801 on: January 30, 2023, 04:10:05 pm »
Klopp is the last person to leave. Like Zorc said with hindsight.. You'd sell the entire team before him.

I do think he needs help from above with regards to a strong sporting director to keep him in check.

We were at our very best with Edwards, Gordon and Klopp working in a challenging but respectful environment. The Salah, Mane signings for example are where the set up was running at it's very best.

100%. Klopp was the final, and most important piece in the jigsaw that made everything work together. But without the people that came before, Klopp would not have led to us to what he did.
And that balance between Gordon, Edwards and Klopp was crucial to the club making the correct decisions off the pitch.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #8802 on: January 30, 2023, 04:16:19 pm »
Klopp is the best thing that has happened to this club in years. Anyone who says that he should go needs to lay off the glue. Social media twats.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8803 on: January 30, 2023, 04:28:13 pm »
I thought this was abundantly clear when they purchased the club. Were you expecting something different?

Both Man Clubs, Arsenal and Chelsea have spent close to $1b NET since FSG took over, whereas I think ours is around 60% of that. The disparities are far greater if you consider gross spending. Furthermore, the club isn't as profitable as other clubs, running pretty lean numbers. We have continued to spend heavily on wages and now we are looking silly for tying some players into lengthy expensive contracts, now that their form has declined considerably and they aren't worth what their contracts are worth. Overall, I wouldn't say our owners are the best out there. Ethically and morally, perhaps less tainted than our rivals, sure, but in terms of efficacy, not so sure about that.

Despite all that, we have competed artfully on so many levels and achieved a modicum of success that other teams would only dream of. To go toe to toe with Man City season after season, to win the league, the ECL, to reach multiple finals, to win domestic cups, we have definitely performed better than expected... but as far as I see it, that is down to a special group of players, staff and a very special manager at the helm.

Wasn't abundantly clear to me, especially after the money the club has made for them.
If they can't see we needed them to move off their normal spending strategy due to injuries and and condensed season, then I cant wait for them to sell and piss off.

Klopp needed backing , he looks absolutely fucked.

God only knows what will happen to us when Jurgen leaves if these still own us.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 04:57:31 pm by lgvkarlos »

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #8804 on: January 30, 2023, 04:49:56 pm »
You've written this in a way that makes it really hard to understand what point you're making - not sure who my post is supposed to be insulting???

Unless we want to go with the premise that Billy Hogan has a say in the football matters then I'm not sure how it's confusing. Jurgen would have the stomach to sideline Arthur Melo yet it's only he himself that is preventing that from happening? It certainly doesn't reflect well on him as far as a response.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8805 on: January 30, 2023, 05:36:52 pm »
Heard this during the Covid season about him looking tired and whatever else. The next season we challenged for the quadruple. He overcame the first bout of tiredness that was bestowed upon him by some of our fanbase. Maybe he can overcome this second bout of 'tiredness'?

Any manager out there is not going to look themselves when their team is performing below expectations. They are being put in front of a camera straight after a loss, and naturally they will look sullen and downcast.

Look at his pre-match presser here from 3:04 onwards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TB8o2Rmq9U

Smiling right off the bat and fully tuned into the question. Does he look worn out? In fact, search any pre-match presser from the last month, and his body language and expression are both positive.

Was reading this thread last night and today and this is it, we've had a retched season and just got knocked out of the FA Cup in the last minute, he's bound to be at least a little annoyed. And even then, I read some of the comments about his post match press conference and how he got 'battered' - what? Seemed a fairly normal press conference considering the circumstances. It doesn't help that people have their own opinions about the reasons for our performances this season and seem to think that Klopp must feel exactly the same as them about everything - oh, I've never seen him as down as this, he's pissed off with the owners as well, he's pissed off with having no money, he wouldn't have signed his contract if he knew we weren't going to sign a midfielder this window etc. We've won what, one game this calendar year, are 9th in the league and have just got knocked out of the cup - it might be a stretch but that's the most likely reason he's not particularly pleased with the season so far.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8806 on: January 30, 2023, 06:24:03 pm »
Maybe. But FSG created the global fam, and the rest of us were labelled "legacy fans". And it's the global fam who want him gone.

It's a bit like Fankenstein's monster. They created them and now they want to kill them.

But they've pandered to the global fam, over the "legacy fans". And they kind if sent a precedent with Dalglish getting to two cup finals but missing out on the champions league. I don't think many "legacy fans" wanted Dalglish out.

I'm not that confident that match going "legacy fans" are that important.

That's not true though is it,we'd been filling out stadiums around the world for decades before they signed up.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8807 on: January 30, 2023, 06:27:16 pm »
Unless we want to go with the premise that Billy Hogan has a say in the football matters then I'm not sure how it's confusing. Jurgen would have the stomach to sideline Arthur Melo yet it's only he himself that is preventing that from happening? It certainly doesn't reflect well on him as far as a response.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #8808 on: January 30, 2023, 06:28:00 pm »
Looking at Klopp the last few weeks, he reminds me more and more of Benitez in his last season. Mentally and physically exhausted, unable to affect what's going on on the pitch anymore and bereft of help from the people who control the finances.

I'd love to see him be given the means to turn this round, but my brain says it won't happen. The owners don't care, and I don't think he can pull this team back without that. I've loved Klopp's tenure here but I think the best thing for him would be to go at the end of the season. I just hope the club can line up the right man to step into the job.

I say this facetiously as it's not feasible but seeing as the club have simply written the season off we may as well give Klopp a break till the end of the season, enjoy the next 6 months with his family, (and Henderson and Fabinho any any other player who needs the break) and tell them to return in July fresh for pre-season. It's parallels with 90/91 when Kenny ended up walking and then regretted it because he just need a break.

At the same time though we had the 2 month World Cup break, we all hoped that would reset everything. If the tight bastard owners had backed him it would have done. Klopp seemed bullish in December about strengthening the squad.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 06:30:44 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #8809 on: January 30, 2023, 06:36:51 pm »
Maybe. But FSG created the global fam, and the rest of us were labelled "legacy fans". And it's the global fam who want him gone.
Not true. LFC have been immensely popular around the world for decades - FSG don't get credit for that.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8810 on: January 30, 2023, 07:28:30 pm »
100%. Klopp was the final, and most important piece in the jigsaw that made everything work together. But without the people that came before, Klopp would not have led to us to what he did.
And that balance between Gordon, Edwards and Klopp was crucial to the club making the correct decisions off the pitch.

Yeh what would Klopp have done at Mainz and Dortmund without Gordon and Edwards.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8811 on: January 30, 2023, 07:29:55 pm »

We have a Sporting Director or have you missed that?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline RF

• Are we there yet?... is it open?... where are we?... what's that?...it's a lazy twat! Is my card marked?.. Yes it is?
  • Kopite
« Reply #8812 on: January 30, 2023, 10:56:44 pm »
Looking at Klopp the last few weeks, he reminds me more and more of Benitez in his last season. Mentally and physically exhausted, unable to affect what's going on on the pitch anymore and bereft of help from the people who control the finances.

I'd love to see him be given the means to turn this round, but my brain says it won't happen. The owners don't care, and I don't think he can pull this team back without that. I've loved Klopp's tenure here but I think the best thing for him would be to go at the end of the season. I just hope the club can line up the right man to step into the job.

You need to have a serious word with yourself.

He will sort it, just give it time. FFS are we to become the new Man U or whatever, in that as soon as we look shite and play shite we swing the axe. Shit happens to even the greatest sometimes.

Look at our left for starters last night. From Mane ( gone) to Jota (massive presser, with pace and goal threat to Diaz (see Jota) to Harvey ( great football brain, a goal threat and tries to press, but lacks pace for wide positions).

Then we have Fabinho who looks like he's playing with wellies on now, Trent trying and forgetting to defend, a CM who's back legs are going and most importantly a lack of confidence running riot throughout the team that epitomises itself in Mo Salah of all people.

Yes fresh legs and faces are needed, but football is a strange game and to say that Klopp needs to go after half a bad season is just utter numptiness.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 10:58:37 pm by RF »

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8813 on: January 30, 2023, 11:56:41 pm »
It would take far too long to respond to every misrepresentation in this, apart from pointing out saying Klopp 'had to leave' is something you've conjured up. But I will state the obvious by saying I don't care what other people might read into what I'm saying. I'm not some malevolent pied pier leading innocent RAWK forumites astray, I'm simply offering a reasoned opinion based on what I've seen.

If you disagree with the substance of my posts, feel free to argue the points. It's what I do whenever I disagree with someone on here, many times in favour of players I thought were being unfairly criticised. But I have no responsibility to pretend I believe something I don't because you think it might lead to some hypothetical butterfly effect far further down the road - if I did my opinion would be worthless.

But there is no reasoning to your post. It's all pure speculation based on us being shit this season. Obviously there's a rebuild that needs doing and we're suffering this season because of it but who else do you want to do that job, if not Klopp? Because for all your accusations that people aren't addressing your (fallacious) points, you're yet to respond to that simple follow up question. Most of us think we have the best man for the job already in place. You seem to disagree.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8814 on: January 31, 2023, 12:21:13 am »
Comparisons with Rafa and Klopp aren't very correct and nothing alike.The players turned against Rafa at that time, and that's not what's happening with Klopp as far as i know. Also the board supports Klopp 100% and vice versa.

I agree with some others that he looks emotionally exhausted. Therefore he needs our full support.

Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline art03

• Kopite
« Reply #8815 on: January 31, 2023, 12:24:27 am »
If and when Klopp goes, it will be another dark times for the club. People just don't know how to appreciate what they have and always want change when things goes bad.

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #8816 on: January 31, 2023, 01:12:03 am »
If and when Klopp goes, it will be another dark times for the club. People just don't know how to appreciate what they have and always want change when things goes bad.

Some.
The rest of us know we have something special and someone who will bring more success to the club in the next few years. Every great manager has had to rebuild their teams, Klopp is the man I’d want in charge of that.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8817 on: January 31, 2023, 01:16:19 am »

When he goes in 2026 there will be a many top coaches interested in taking over one of the biggest football clubs in the world for fuck sakes. Why in the year 2023 do some still talk like we're some minnow football club?

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8818 on: January 31, 2023, 01:59:08 am »

My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8819 on: January 31, 2023, 02:40:58 am »

This is the "Mo Salah got a new hat" meme, correct?

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #8820 on: January 31, 2023, 03:42:31 am »
Man looks older 7 years later?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8821 on: January 31, 2023, 07:49:15 am »
Man looks older 7 years later?

Most people look older after seven years.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #8822 on: January 31, 2023, 08:13:44 am »
Heard this during the Covid season about him looking tired and whatever else. The next season we challenged for the quadruple. He overcame the first bout of tiredness that was bestowed upon him by some of our fanbase. Maybe he can overcome this second bout of 'tiredness'?
It's a very realistic possibility, if anyone can pick these players up It's Jurgen. The issue will be whether we can do enough in the next 3 transfer windows to make any comeback long lasting.

Sure, some of the players we have written off like Fab or Hendo could come storming back but it feels like if they do it'll be by using every last ounce of mental and physical energy and would just collapse again. That equally appkies to Jurgen as well.

We can't have a boom and bust cycle.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8823 on: January 31, 2023, 08:18:21 am »
Most people look older after seven years.

He was being sarcastic, Jill.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #8824 on: January 31, 2023, 08:19:48 am »
When he goes in 2026 there will be a many top coaches interested in taking over one of the biggest football clubs in the world for fuck sakes. Why in the year 2023 do some still talk like we're some minnow football club?
I think there exists amongst football fans a perennial sense of catastrophe and doom around the corner. There are scales to this and some negativity is proportionate, but an emerging theme from online fandom is how Liverpool are never too far away from disaster. No matter how good the team are, something is about to ruin it

Every transfer window since Klopp started has seen an existential outpouring from swathes of reds who are predicting imminent failure. The fact that it's a reasonable shout right now doesn't actually mean it's always been true the previous 16 windows.

When it happens, Klopp going is an opportunity for Liverpool to get in another great coach and leader. It might happen and it might not. But to assume the club is in real peril once he leaves is to err on the side of doom, which is probably OTT and steeped in the catastrophe of the unknown.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8825 on: January 31, 2023, 10:01:12 am »

Hot back then, still hot today

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8826 on: January 31, 2023, 10:02:59 am »
'Man ages in seven years'
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8827 on: January 31, 2023, 10:05:52 am »

Depends on what we spend, who we are owned by, etc.

Also to be frank, as it currently stands all other top coaches are miles below Klopp other than Guardiola, and I don't think even he could compete with out budget.

I think whoever we get in is going to be a drop off from Klopp because there is just a drop off from him

Not necessarily peril but currently I can only see a drop off, because of how high Klopp is (but under the current owners I would hold out much hope for a great coach, rather a young "exciting" one like De Zerbi or Thomas Frank, so yeah absolutely do not speak of Klopp going this year anyone who has that inclination, it won't work out like you think)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 10:09:07 am by Stockholm Syndrome »

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8828 on: January 31, 2023, 10:23:16 am »
You need to have a serious word with yourself.

He will sort it, just give it time. FFS are we to become the new Man U or whatever, in that as soon as we look shite and play shite we swing the axe. Shit happens to even the greatest sometimes.

Look at our left for starters last night. From Mane ( gone) to Jota (massive presser, with pace and goal threat to Diaz (see Jota) to Harvey ( great football brain, a goal threat and tries to press, but lacks pace for wide positions).

Then we have Fabinho who looks like he's playing with wellies on now, Trent trying and forgetting to defend, a CM who's back legs are going and most importantly a lack of confidence running riot throughout the team that epitomises itself in Mo Salah of all people.

Yes fresh legs and faces are needed, but football is a strange game and to say that Klopp needs to go after half a bad season is just utter numptiness.
Uh huh. You claim it'll sort itself out with time, then say we're playing shite and we need half a new team. Well, where's that team coming from, RF? Are FSG going to put their muscle behind the boss and actually replenish with players who are good enough to compete? If the answer is yes, great. If the answer is no, all you have to do is open your eyes to see the result.

But there is no reasoning to your post. It's all pure speculation based on us being shit this season. Obviously there's a rebuild that needs doing and we're suffering this season because of it but who else do you want to do that job, if not Klopp? Because for all your accusations that people aren't addressing your (fallacious) points, you're yet to respond to that simple follow up question. Most of us think we have the best man for the job already in place. You seem to disagree.

What's speculation? That Klopp doesn't have the dynamism he had in previous seasons? Here are two interviews from losing runs, two years apart. You can't tell the difference in the demeanour between them? Or is it that the players aren't responding? Well if they were, Klopp wouldn't have to be talking about doing the basics right in interview after interview, or about the players not having the right body language. We'd be defending set pieces properly and Trent would be running to get back to defend instead of gently jogging.

Because here's the thing. There's a reason managers rarely stay somewhere seven years, and that when they do it involves a steady turnover of players and/or coaches. Mental fatigue sets in after a period of time, and when you add that to everything else in the last three years, a drop off like this was inevitable. Here is the 11 who've made the most league starts this year:

Alisson, Trent, Robbo, Van Dijk, Gomez, Fabinho, Thiago, Hendo, Elliott, Salah, Firmino

Eight of those players were in the first 11 four years ago and the ninth is Gomez (for Matip). Same assistant manager, same fitness coach, same head of fitness and conditioning. No team has gone this long playing the same way with the same personnel and still succeeded. It's not a slight on the team or the backroom staff, it's something that just isn't possible. Klopp is clearly exhausted, and every day he's sent out to be asked why we're not playing well and why the club aren't doing anything, as the backroom quits and seemingly aren't replaced, it's going to get worse.

You agree we need a rebuild, but we don't have a sporting director, the club won't buy anyone and we're seemingly still offering new contracts to older players like Firmino. So what purpose does it serve for Klopp to serve another season under the same conditions? I'm not urging the club to sack him, I'm simply saying that as far as I see it, unless he gets the means to really beef up the team I don't see how any of this is going to change.

Lastly, you demand that I identify a replacement? I'm not a sporting director - I don't have access to advanced stats, a book full of contacts and the means to interview people. No up-and-coming coach I could hypothetically name would have the history and link to the club that Klopp has forged. What he's has done here is magnificent, and I have a huge amount of respect for him as a person. But he isn't an unimpeachable deity, he's human and he has his limits like everyone else does - no matter how offensive the idea might be to some people. He's going to leave at some point, the condition of the team and the state of the club when he does will rely on the ownership.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8829 on: January 31, 2023, 10:25:10 am »

Is this an ad for laser eye surgery?

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8830 on: January 31, 2023, 10:25:55 am »
Is this an ad for laser eye surgery?

Or some new teeth! He looks better than I do and I'm 39.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #8831 on: January 31, 2023, 10:48:27 am »
Hot back then, still hot today

;D  Exactly!

If those photos are meant to be showing a stressed Jürgen of today, then it’s a poor choice, as he actually looks great. He lost weight over the summer, so looks more like the weight he was when he arrived here!

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8832 on: January 31, 2023, 10:58:01 am »
I think there exists amongst football fans a perennial sense of catastrophe and doom around the corner. There are scales to this and some negativity is proportionate, but an emerging theme from online fandom is how Liverpool are never too far away from disaster. No matter how good the team are, something is about to ruin it

Every transfer window since Klopp started has seen an existential outpouring from swathes of reds who are predicting imminent failure. The fact that it's a reasonable shout right now doesn't actually mean it's always been true the previous 16 windows.

When it happens, Klopp going is an opportunity for Liverpool to get in another great coach and leader. It might happen and it might not. But to assume the club is in real peril once he leaves is to err on the side of doom, which is probably OTT and steeped in the catastrophe of the unknown.

We went 30 fucking years before Klopp without winning the league. We challenged about 5 times in total in that time. If people are negative about our prospects beyond Klopp, it's because whilst we weren't exactly Everton, we didn't live up to our potential for THREE DECADES in the time before him. I'm nervous about it. I don't even feel we've made the best of Klopps time with us to be honest.

It's not about peril in the Everton sense, or even worse in the Sunderland sense, it's about one of the biggest clubs in the world creeping back into an era back in the pack. Not least as now there are possibly 3 supercharged entities in competition and that doesn't even include the commercial behmoth of man united.  Klopp should be backed to create a dynasty. I fear for what comes after, because I'm scarred by what came before.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8833 on: January 31, 2023, 11:02:07 am »
The only thing I think is he’s the worlds best manager, could any other manager in my opinion have done what he’s done with the financial constraints he’s had, I don’t think anyone could have pep is obviously a brilliant manager but it’s a hell of a lot easier with a financial giant behind you. This team has unfortunately come to the end of its cycle it was a brilliant ride but it’s over for that team it’s all about starting the next cycle, we have the best man to do it but football has changed teams that fight relegation now spend £200mil football has evolved (not for the better) and we need to go with it, I just hope whoever buys the club gives the great man what he deserves to get us back to the top because I don’t want anyone else but even he can only pull so many rabbits.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #8834 on: January 31, 2023, 11:46:37 am »

Finally.

Absolute proof that our decline is all down to jürgen ditching the glasses.

Bring back the glasses. 👓
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8835 on: January 31, 2023, 11:51:13 am »
This is a good article by Daniel Storey with some interesting points.

Liverpool fans are engaged in a fight for the club's soul, both on the terraces and online

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-fans-fight-clubs-soul-terraces-online-2117053?ito=twitter_share_article-top

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #8837 on: January 31, 2023, 08:17:11 pm »
That is a good read. I do agree that we need to face facts and we can’t have unparalleled success Year in Year out. Every big/super club goes through the same thing. Look at Barca and would you have had them down to play get knocked out in the Europa league from just 9 years ago being European champions. The mancs not winning a league for 10 years and so on…..We have to deal with the fact this is probably going to be a shit season. Anyway we owe our success to Klopp. He has had to do it on the relatively cheap. He stands for everything LFC do. I trust him to see where it’s gone wrong and build again.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #8838 on: January 31, 2023, 09:54:03 pm »
That is a good read. I do agree that we need to face facts and we can’t have unparalleled success Year in Year out. Every big/super club goes through the same thing. Look at Barca and would you have had them down to play get knocked out in the Europa league from just 9 years ago being European champions. The mancs not winning a league for 10 years and so on…..We have to deal with the fact this is probably going to be a shit season. Anyway we owe our success to Klopp. He has had to do it on the relatively cheap. He stands for everything LFC do. I trust him to see where it’s gone wrong and build again.

I'm already resigned to the fact that we'll have an impossibly bad season - 12th wouldn't surprise me.

At this point I'd just like to see signs of what we're trying to put in motion for the future.

Curiously I now wonder which LFC team is more difficult to rebuild from, the 2015 team Klopp arrived to or this season's.
The change is cast

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8839 on: February 1, 2023, 01:22:27 am »
Finally.

Absolute proof that our decline is all down to jürgen ditching the glasses.

Bring back the glasses. 👓

THAT'S IT!   :wellin

When Brenda polished his teeth, look what happened.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2023, 01:24:03 am by jckliew »
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?