Author Topic: Skybet Championship Thread  (Read 198104 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Skybet Championship 2019/20 Season Thread
« Reply #440 on: July 12, 2020, 10:09:11 am »
Only just seen that West Brom were held to a draw yesterday. Brentford 3 points behind them with a much better GD.

West Brom have Fulham next which won’t be easy and who still have a very outside sniff of automatic promotion. Brentford’s last three look winnable. There could yet be a twist in this.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: July 12, 2020, 10:11:00 am »
Hope Rhian wrecks Leeds today

Online Emerald Red

• Legacy Fan
  • since 1956
« Reply #442 on: July 12, 2020, 03:48:49 pm »
With 3 games remaining, this is very tight:      

Stoke ...............-10 ... 49      
Birmingham ....  -17 ... 49
Middlesbrough .. -13 ... 47
Huddersfield ..... -16 ... 47
Charlton ..... ..... -11 ... 46      
Hull ................. -18 ... 45
Luton ............... -30 ... 44
Barnsley ........... -21 ... 43

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #443 on: July 12, 2020, 03:50:24 pm »
Last minute winner from Leeds and I think this is the result that unofficially confirms them going up. They would have bottled today's game last season.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #444 on: July 12, 2020, 03:51:32 pm »
Really want Leeds to get promoted. I’ve missed their unpleasantness.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #445 on: July 12, 2020, 03:52:19 pm »
Really want Leeds to get promoted. I’ve missed their unpleasantness.

Will you be saying that when their fans - if fans are allowed back in - come to Anfield?  ;D

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #446 on: July 12, 2020, 04:16:41 pm »
Will you be saying that when their fans - if fans are allowed back in - come to Anfield?  ;D
Bring it

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #447 on: July 12, 2020, 04:23:31 pm »
Can't be doing with any of West Brom, Fulham or Cardiff coming up, all recent PL teams and it's always refreshing when someone 'new' makes the jump. So hopefully Brentford pip WBA to automatic promotion and Nottingham Forest win the playoff. Really rooting for Brentford to come up though, whether automatic or via the playoff, see a great side and with their stats-based approach it'd be interesting to see if they can unearth some ore gems and make a real fist of it next season.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #448 on: July 12, 2020, 04:26:04 pm »

They hate United more don’t they. Always nice to see some unpleasantries shared there.

Online Ginieus

• Main Stander
  • Chilled out entertainer
« Reply #449 on: July 12, 2020, 05:13:36 pm »
Can't be doing with any of West Brom, Fulham or Cardiff coming up, all recent PL teams and it's always refreshing when someone 'new' makes the jump. So hopefully Brentford pip WBA to automatic promotion and Nottingham Forest win the playoff. Really rooting for Brentford to come up though, whether automatic or via the playoff, see a great side and with their stats-based approach it'd be interesting to see if they can unearth some ore gems and make a real fist of it next season.

Benrahma for Brentford is a fantastic player. He will be amazing for Brentford in PL or if someone else snaps him up. He has sort of fused Mahrez and MC Hazard shit.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: July 12, 2020, 05:23:10 pm »
They hate United more don’t they. Always nice to see some unpleasantries shared there.
They despise United, maybe even more than us. I live near Leeds, they're not too fussed about us. Bit of mutual respect there, but there's always a portion of bad bells at every club

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: July 12, 2020, 05:31:33 pm »
Going to be incredibly happy if/when Leeds come up.

I started watching football when I was 10 and it wasn't really popular in India then. My father's friend got me the Liverpool kits which resulted in me supported the mighty Redmen. My best mate was enamored by the faithful at Elland Road and ended up supporting Leeds. I grew up hearing and watching Viduka, Kewell, Harte, Keane, Ferdinand put on some amazing performances for Leeds. Also their run in the CL when they reached the semifinals under O'Leary and their subsequent collapse.

Through this all, my mate continued to support them through thick and thin, while football started becoming more and more popular in India so we saw more and more of Man Utd and Chelsea fans. When he went to uni in Oxford, he would occassionally make trips to Elland Road to show his love and support for his favourite club. Through the highs in Europe to the lows of the Championship, he has stuck supporting his team from near and far, almost for 2 decades. So I'll be incredibly happy for him if/when Leeds come up.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #452 on: July 12, 2020, 05:44:33 pm »

You hit the nail on the head for me. Although I'd like to see Cardiff come up and establish themselves,  because Cardiff is one of the biggest cities (11 largest) and it's always good to have big cities like Leeds, Cardiff Newcastle up here. Hopefully Bristol come up one day too.

But I'm sick to death of the same old WBA, Fulham coming up. Brentford will be an exciting story. So would Nottingham Forest or even someone like Preston.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: July 12, 2020, 05:46:47 pm »
Honestly, be careful what you wish for with regards to Forest being promoted. You'd very soon start hating the way they play football. In fact, they don't. They're Burnley. They'd do quite well because of it I think, but nobody would enjoy it.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: July 12, 2020, 06:06:21 pm »
Never in a million years would I want Cardiff to come up, for the way they behaved with the Emiliano Sala transfer

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #455 on: July 12, 2020, 06:31:48 pm »
It’s Brentford or no one. The rest are all shit twats. Even West Brom.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: July 12, 2020, 06:35:37 pm »
Aside from Swansea being my local team, there is a Liverpool connection in Brewster, Steve Cooper and Mike Marsh. Think they're punching above the weight still being in play-off contention, and I don't think they will finish in the top six, but I'd like to see them back in the Premier League.

Fingers crossed Brentford can finish above West Brom, I'd really like to see them go up.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #457 on: July 13, 2020, 12:54:07 am »

Go on Wycombe Akinfenwa plays for them so I hope they get promoted

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/WRETQzz0cTw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/WRETQzz0cTw</a>

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #458 on: July 13, 2020, 10:56:24 pm »

The 133 year wait is over.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/odxW6Ii_tOE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/odxW6Ii_tOE</a>

“The only person who can WhatsApp me tonight is Klopp. So we can celebrate together."

“Scoring against Liverpool was the highlight of my career until I scored at Wembley (a penalty for Wimbledon in the 2016 League Two play-off final against Plymouth Argyle)."

“I stood alongside Stevie G, Philippe Coutinho, Martin Skrtel and Jordan Henderson."

“That’s the team I support. If you can’t play for the team you support, the next best thing is to play against them and go toe-to-toe against them."

“It was the only time I’ve ever wanted Liverpool to lose and it was the only time in my playing career when I scored and wondered what should I do now?"

“I’m cool with VVD. I speak to him and Jordan Henderson."

“But I’m a competitor and I would love to play against VVD because at the moment I think he’s the best defender in the world."

“I would love to see how good he is. The only way to test that is to come up against him."

“I’d love to get them in the FA Cup, maybe a nice little 30 minutes second half when he’s a bit tired because I don’t know if I can do 90 anymore.”

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #459 on: July 14, 2020, 02:24:27 am »

;D

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/geFU0y6f-y0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/geFU0y6f-y0</a>

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: July 14, 2020, 03:05:46 am »
Leeds, Brentford and Forest promoted please.
Believer

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: July 14, 2020, 09:40:40 am »
     ;D

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/geFU0y6f-y0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/geFU0y6f-y0</a>
Akinfenwa straight up cutting a promo here
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: July 14, 2020, 10:22:41 am »

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: July 14, 2020, 10:26:27 am »
Nicked from Duncan Alexander. Boring football works from time to time.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: July 14, 2020, 11:25:46 am »
Brentford has been in an incredible form. If Westbrom fails to win tonight against Fulham, they will be up there for the 2nd seat fight.

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #465 on: July 14, 2020, 11:36:25 am »
Nicked from Duncan Alexander. Boring football works from time to time.

What Gareth Ainsworth has done with them is great though. From League Two to the Championship. Seeing as that the lower league clubs don't get anywhere near the amount of money a Premier League club does, I can excuse playing any brand of football as long as it works for that particular club. I'm sure they won't care if they're boring. They're up and Oxford aren't.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #466 on: July 14, 2020, 12:55:37 pm »
     ;D

Never mind Traore.

Sign the Akinfenwa!!!!!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: July 14, 2020, 05:29:00 pm »
What Gareth Ainsworth has done with them is great though. From League Two to the Championship. Seeing as that the lower league clubs don't get anywhere near the amount of money a Premier League club does, I can excuse playing any brand of football as long as it works for that particular club. I'm sure they won't care if they're boring. They're up and Oxford aren't.

Tranmere football was dull, but they went up two divisions. Better to watch games in League 1, than in the conference.  ;D
__

I look at West Brom, and they seem similar to Norwich. Solid and effective Championship side, but don't look like they have the players to survive in the Premier League. They could do a Villa, spend a fortune just to keep their heads above water, and even that doesn't look good enough.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: July 14, 2020, 05:33:56 pm »
Tranmere football was dull, but they went up two divisions. Better to watch games in League 1, than in the conference.  ;D
__

I look at West Brom, and they seem similar to Norwich. Solid and effective Championship side, but don't look like they have the players to survive in the Premier League. They could do a Villa, spend a fortune just to keep their heads above water, and even that doesn't look good enough.

Norwich were wild in the Championship. Goalfests all over the shop and last minute goals galore. West Brom are more like Aston Villa.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #469 on: July 14, 2020, 05:35:55 pm »
Norwich were wild in the Championship. Goalfests all over the shop and last minute goals galore. West Brom are more like Aston Villa.

They relied on a lot of come backs, their attacking play getting the defense out of trouble, which was never going to go well once Promoted.

Agree with everyone else, WBA coming up will be incredibly boring, and probably very predictable.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline OOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: July 14, 2020, 05:41:15 pm »

Good point, was more commentating about the general quality of their players. Rather meh.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #471 on: July 14, 2020, 05:45:58 pm »
Good point, was more commentating about the general quality of their players. Rather meh.

Yeah can’t wait to see Hegahzi and co back in the Premier League.

Offline OOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: July 14, 2020, 05:47:18 pm »
Yeah can’t wait to see Hegahzi and co back in the Premier League.

Robson-Kanu and Charlie Austin I'm most looking forward too.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: July 14, 2020, 06:32:16 pm »
Is this Harrison Reed at Fulham the one and only Big Doug bought to our attention? :D

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #474 on: July 14, 2020, 06:37:22 pm »
Wigan are leading Hull 3-0 :o
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #475 on: July 14, 2020, 06:39:46 pm »
4-0 now at Wigan, only 37 minutes gone too. :o
#Sausages

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: July 14, 2020, 06:41:24 pm »
Five now i think!

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: July 14, 2020, 06:43:24 pm »
Wigan owner can start shitting it, he might lose his bet.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: July 14, 2020, 06:44:08 pm »
6 now

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #479 on: July 14, 2020, 06:44:23 pm »
It is 5 at Wigan, as it stands Wigan would be safe even if they take the 12 point deduction, GD miles better compared with Hull, & Wigan have Charlton away & Fulham home last 2
#Sausages