Author Topic: FACS Liverpool 1-1 Man City. City win 5-4 on penalties.  (Read 63864 times)

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Re: Match Preview: FACS Liverpool vs. Man City [Sun 4 Aug 2019, KO: 15:00 BST]
« Reply #1000 on: August 4, 2019, 05:43:40 pm »
I'll never understand how those crass, blue twats, get all the luck in domestic competition but absolutely none of it in Europe. Like can the concept of luck really distinguish between two competitions so clearly? Shouldn't it all be just one random-ass game with luck evening out blindly over time?

I thought we played well for the most part, some bone headed plays but outnumbered by the amazing ones. Our centerbacks look like the strongest position. Hendo, Gini, and Trent looked the most exhausted, hope they get rotated consistently through the season without a fuss.

If you're talking about Walker, that wasn't luck. He did what a good defender should do and went after the ball since he still had a chance to stop it.

We battered them second half. They hung on and won on pens. But if they were hoping we'd go away easier this season, that game just showed them how wrong they were.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1001 on: August 4, 2019, 05:43:47 pm »
He got the ball and he done it and the lad at the back what is the last man has gotta get it and do it but instead he done him with the skill and the ball gets done and he done him good.

You speak fluent Waffle?

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1002 on: August 4, 2019, 05:45:08 pm »
The only person arsed is Pep, the weirdo.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1003 on: August 4, 2019, 05:45:31 pm »
if you’re happy that they did it and you really want to shout it if you’re here for Man City shout hooray!

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1004 on: August 4, 2019, 05:46:22 pm »

Hendo should've decked him. We have cover in midfield anyway to cover for suspensions :D

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1005 on: August 4, 2019, 05:46:30 pm »
Loved Ox's 70 yard run to close down Walker, ak.a, "the Robertson"
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1006 on: August 4, 2019, 05:46:50 pm »
if you’re happy that they did it and you really want to shout it if you’re here for Man City shout hooray!

Make some noise for Fabian De... oh

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1007 on: August 4, 2019, 05:47:18 pm »

B.Silva seems pretty arsed too, I wonder if he gets some kind of performance related supplement bonus.

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #1008 on: August 4, 2019, 05:47:30 pm »
If you're talking about Walker, that wasn't luck. He did what a good defender should do and went after the ball since he still had a chance to stop it.

We battered them second half. They hung on and won on pens. But if they were hoping we'd go away easier this season, that game just showed them how wrong they were.

There were other times, including the penalty shoot out thing, but fuck me when he over headed it you can't convince me that he had full control over where that ball went. A centimeter left or right or backwards and that ball is in the net. A great play + luck was the only reason it stayed out. 
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1009 on: August 4, 2019, 05:48:02 pm »
I'll never understand how those crass, blue twats, get all the luck in domestic competition but absolutely none of it in Europe. Like can the concept of luck really distinguish between two competitions so clearly? Shouldn't it all be just one random-ass game with luck evening out blindly over time?

I thought we played well for the most part, some bone headed plays but outnumbered by the amazing ones. Our centerbacks look like the strongest position. Hendo, Gini, and Trent looked the most exhausted, hope they get rotated consistently through the season without a fuss.
Luck plays a big role. They runs in both domestic cups were quite unchallenging, and you could argue that we came second only by 11mm (Stones' save). Today if was a half-ball over the line, still a matter of luck, not counting Walker's brilliant save.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1010 on: August 4, 2019, 05:49:06 pm »
I didn't expect us to play this well at the start of the season. We're ready. Anybody who thinks City are massive favourites for League title are just bedwetting (or outside our fanbase - just hating). We're as good as them if not better. Their big players are ageing - Kompany is gone, Silva and Aguero are going into their 30s - not sure how long Aguero can keep this up. De Bruyne doesn't exactly seem to have recovered from his injury - he hasn't gone to his pre-injury form and it's been a while since he's back (from the last quarter of last season?). Their backups can also be exposed.

I saw signs last January when City parked their bus against us at Etihad, where we lost by inches in a game that we should've won. It was just the end of pre-season today (but both sides had players missing - Mane, Aguero, Milner & Laporte so the challenges were the same either side), we've stepped up that domination today even more. We're there. And there will be a stage where City will be tired of doing what they've done for the last two seasons in the league (tired literally & symbolically), and there will be a stage when they decide they will go all in for the Champions League. We need to keep plugging away & take advantage of them when they happen. I really think City in general will struggle more this season than last two seasons.

It is disappointing not to get the 'trophy' after playing well. But this gives an added motivation for us to win the Super Cup and Club World Cup.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #1011 on: August 4, 2019, 05:50:58 pm »

Part one of the quadruple (!). Daft bugger he is.

---

With Klopp on it being alright for a friendly given line-up etc.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #1012 on: August 4, 2019, 05:51:02 pm »
Out of the 6 trophies left we can win this season, this is my priority order:

1. Premier League title.
2. UEFA Champions League.
3. FIFA Club World Cup.
4. FA Cup.
5. League Cup.
6. UEFA Super Cup ( Basically a European Community Shield.)

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #1013 on: August 4, 2019, 05:51:49 pm »
Rio Ferdinand slams four Liverpool players during Man City clash - ‘It baffles me’

LIVERPOOL’s entire defence came under criticism from Rio Ferdinand during the Community Shield clash against Manchester City today.

Liverpool were arguably fielding their strongest back line, with Joe Gomez partnering Virgil van Dijk and Trent Alexander-Arnold and Andy Robertson in the full-back positions.

And Ferdinand admits he was “baffled” by how Liverpool defended Sterling’s opener.

“It’s a basic run that, you know,” the Manchester United legend said on BT Sport.

“For a back four not to see that, it baffles me.

“They have been nothing short of sloppy in this first half Liverpool and they caught here for the goal.

“On the blind side there, great pass here from Silva."

“Puts it in the danger area and instinctively Sterling’s there.

“But look at the back line here of Liverpool.

“They all push up, they’re at sixes and sevens, then they’re recovering.

“You’ve got three blue shirts there running in on goal with no one around them.”

-- express.co.uk
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1014 on: August 4, 2019, 05:52:06 pm »
P.S. We'll batter Chelsea in the Super Cup

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1015 on: August 4, 2019, 05:52:33 pm »
Think Keita got to be starter this season. His penetrating runs and creativity are much better than the others in midfield.

As of right now Fabinho, Hendo and Keita our best midfield.

Also Origi isn't good enough to be a starter.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1016 on: August 4, 2019, 05:54:10 pm »
Rio Ferdinand slams four Liverpool players during Man City clash - ‘It baffles me’

LIVERPOOL’s entire defence came under criticism from Rio Ferdinand during the Community Shield clash against Manchester City today.

Liverpool were arguably fielding their strongest back line, with Joe Gomez partnering Virgil van Dijk and Trent Alexander-Arnold and Andy Robertson in the full-back positions.

And Ferdinand admits he was “baffled” by how Liverpool defended Sterling’s opener.

“It’s a basic run that, you know,” the Manchester United legend said on BT Sport.

“For a back four not to see that, it baffles me.

“They have been nothing short of sloppy in this first half Liverpool and they caught here for the goal.

“On the blind side there, great pass here from Silva."

“Puts it in the danger area and instinctively Sterling’s there.

“But look at the back line here of Liverpool.

“They all push up, they’re at sixes and sevens, then they’re recovering.

“You’ve got three blue shirts there running in on goal with no one around them.”

-- express.co.uk

Rio and The Express, can't think of two less suited things to be pasted onto RAWK ;D
:D

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #1017 on: August 4, 2019, 05:54:11 pm »
Think Keita got to be starter this season. His penetrating runs and creativity are much better than the others in midfield.

100%

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1018 on: August 4, 2019, 05:54:18 pm »
I didn't expect us to play this well at the start of the season. We're ready. Anybody who thinks City are massive favourites for League title are just bedwetting (or outside our fanbase - just hating). We're as good as them if not better. Their big players are ageing - Kompany is gone, Silva and Aguero are going into their 30s - not sure how long Aguero can keep this up. De Bruyne doesn't exactly seem to have recovered from his injury - he hasn't gone to his pre-injury form and it's been a while since he's back (from the last quarter of last season?). Their backups can also be exposed.

I saw signs last January when City parked their bus against us at Etihad, where we lost by inches in a game that we should've won. It was just the end of pre-season today (but both sides had players missing - Mane, Aguero, Milner & Laporte so the challenges were the same either side), we've stepped up that domination today even more. We're there. And there will be a stage where City will be tired of doing what they've done for the last two seasons in the league (tired literally & symbolically), and there will be a stage when they decide they will go all in for the Champions League. We need to keep plugging away & take advantage of them when they happen. I really think City in general will struggle more this season than last two seasons.

It is disappointing not to get the 'trophy' after playing well. But this gives an added motivation for us to win the Super Cup and Club World Cup.
The latter two are trophies that albeit not great, still count for something. To me, that's the analog of winning the League Cup in February in Houllier's time, which played a role in spurring us on to win the treble. The Super Cup and the CWC can do the season.

But I do think that City are clear favorites for the title not the least because we'd have to manage the CWC in a busy December. Should we find ourselves within a stone throw by the winter break, we'd be in with a chance.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #1019 on: August 4, 2019, 05:54:35 pm »
Much improved second half. One bad penalty the only difference between the sides. Like a few I started off somewhat indifferent and ended up really nervous. Silverware is always nice to win but for me this is a glorified warm up for next Friday, and on that front there really shouldn’t be anything to worry about.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #1020 on: August 4, 2019, 05:54:47 pm »
Last season it was Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner, this season it appears to be Henderson, Wijnaldum and Fabino. Whenever I see what are effectively three holding midfielders I always feel depressed. Klopp tends to do it when he wants to play conservatively, but I always feel it just stops Liverpool playing.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #1021 on: August 4, 2019, 05:57:15 pm »

Also Origi isn't good enough to be a starter.
I hope that game was a teaser of what we will see from Keita this season. Not that he’s been poor so far, but he hasn’t hit the heights expected yet either. There’s still so much to come from him.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #1022 on: August 4, 2019, 05:57:23 pm »
I’m eagerly awaiting the gif for Trent’s poleaxe on Bernardo Silva.
YWNA

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1023 on: August 4, 2019, 05:59:13 pm »
We were unlucky not to win.

Off the post, millimeters from a goal, a brilliant Bravo display, Off the line by walker, An off-form Salah and a penalty miss.

I wanted to win but its not the one that matters to me the most.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1024 on: August 4, 2019, 05:59:37 pm »

Well said

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1025 on: August 4, 2019, 06:01:06 pm »

Agreed, seems things really clicked on at the Lyon game, of course with Mo et al back in action there too. Until that, we were just not ready for any competitive games. I fully expected us to struggle vs Lyon too, similar to other pre-season games.

Then, it did click on, making this preseason game just that more interesting as well. Could have won, didn't. Next one, we will! Up the REDS!
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1026 on: August 4, 2019, 06:03:01 pm »
It will be a tough choice between Gomez and Matip on Friday.

Great decision for Klopp to have to make.

Would play both Matip and Gomez. AA not in the best of form (or shape probably)
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #1027 on: August 4, 2019, 06:03:04 pm »

It's been a bit of the opposite with our luck in PL and CL the last couple of decades.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1028 on: August 4, 2019, 06:05:03 pm »
Short interview after game with Klopp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWQnetFqR4c

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1029 on: August 4, 2019, 06:05:25 pm »
100%

And if Ox comes back to how he was I'm going to predict by end of season we'll see Fabinho, Keita and Chamberlain quite a bit. And I'll be happy with that. Not to knock Hendo. But Ox more creative.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1030 on: August 4, 2019, 06:05:30 pm »

I am actually not worried about Hendo and Gini. AOC, Keita, Fabinho, Lallana. Milner can all step in.

Trent.... Hmmm, Gomez and Hoever could play there . I am not sure we need Trent against the bottom five or so teams in the league.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1031 on: August 4, 2019, 06:05:36 pm »
Really encouraged by Salah, Firmino, Keita, and Lallana. If the last two especially can stay fit this season then I think we're in for another special ride.

Also City are so lacking in self-esteem it's a little sad. Poor little Pep.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1032 on: August 4, 2019, 06:06:35 pm »
Really encouraged by Salah, Firmino, Keita, and Lallana. If the last two especially can stay fit this season then I think we're in for another special ride.

Also City are so lacking in self-esteem it's a little sad. Poor little Pep.

Mane to come back tomorrow, it'll be great having them all together again. The real business starts on Friday.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1033 on: August 4, 2019, 06:07:37 pm »
Mane to come back tomorrow, it'll be great having them all together again. The real business starts on Friday.

Yeah, Mane especially just seems like a natural athlete that won't need much time to get back up to fitness. I was expecting Firmino to take some time, but he was at his tenacious best today, and had some lovely dribbles too.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline RedRaj

• Kopite
« Reply #1034 on: August 4, 2019, 06:08:08 pm »
At the match- from virtually 25-30 mins we were much better than them. Only a slight lack of goal scoring finesse by Mo stopped us winning (although he was great otherwise). We were much better in the tackle than them. Reasons to be cheerful not worried.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1035 on: August 4, 2019, 06:10:47 pm »
"Robbo's Scottish bum" Jurgen Klopp reacts to Community Shield loss

:D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RWQnetFqR4c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RWQnetFqR4c</a>
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #1036 on: August 4, 2019, 06:11:00 pm »
Played well, second half especially.

They had space out wide on a few occasions but only had a couple of chances, despite our defence being shit according to Glen fucking Hoddle.

Bit of luck and we score again.
Any of those shots not straight at the keeper and we score, no real spectacular saves just straight at him. Mo didn't have his scoring boots on, the first miss in particular was a big one, later on he could have done much better too.  But we scared them to death in the second half.
When Keita plays his way into this side he will be immense.

Thought Origi did well.

Can't believe how many fouls they make on our counter attacks too - needs to be talked about more so refs pick up on it.

Oh and by the way Bernardo Silva is a complete twat, fouling screaming for everything, guess he takes the prompt from his manager. Thought Robertson handled him pretty well.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #1037 on: August 4, 2019, 06:12:10 pm »
Happy with that overall.

Hard to predict I know, but I saw absolutely nothing to concern us there today. Reckon we can take points off them this season and genuinely hoping some other also-rans can too.

We lost the league by a very small margin last season - maybe the dice will roll differently this time around.

Watched it in a bar with a few lads and the usual minority of City supporters huddled in the corner. At the end, naturally, I felt compelled to go over, shake each of their hands individually, and congratulate them on winning their only trophy this season. Oh... and most importantly - good luck on avoiding relegation.

Fucking hollow club - Up The Reds!!!

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1038 on: August 4, 2019, 06:17:41 pm »
It's up to him whether he plays or not.

If he's crying off with a sore neck and/or back all season, then he'll struggle to cement a place.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline ATEAMOFCARRAGHERS

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #1039 on: August 4, 2019, 06:17:42 pm »
Mates just sent me a video of what looks like city fans attacking Liverpool fans on the tube.
15/4/89 never forgotten.