Author Topic: The Boys  (Read 55800 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Boys
« Reply #240 on: September 18, 2020, 09:39:27 pm »
Fucking hell the latest episode is all kinds of fucked up. I can’t stand Stormfront.

I know what you mean,she's great isn't she.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: September 18, 2020, 10:13:31 pm »

I know what you mean,she's great isn't she.

Yep. She’s up there with Homelander in the biggest c*nt takes definitely!

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: September 19, 2020, 12:17:15 am »
Yep. She’s up there with Homelander in the biggest c*nt takes definitely!

There's something far worse about Stormfront. They're both shit but I'm Team Homelander all the way.

Probably some form of sexism.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: September 19, 2020, 12:22:31 am »
Enjoying it but at the same time not totally sure where it's going.

Spoiler
Was a bit gutted that Homelander losing it was just a daydream but saw it coming at the same time. Stormfront manipulating Homelander is pretty goddamn dangerous too, can see that picking up speed soon.

Hopefully the boys are back together now, a lot of shows do the same thing where the main group spends a whole season scattered and only come together late on, and honestly it's kind of frustrating and pretty played out.
[close]

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: September 19, 2020, 12:29:22 am »
There's something far worse about Stormfront. They're both shit but I'm Team Homelander all the way.

Probably some form of sexism.

She’s an actual Nazi.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: September 19, 2020, 01:38:34 am »
She’s an actual Nazi.

I'm not sure he isn't?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: September 19, 2020, 01:46:16 am »
I'm not sure he isn't?

I think he’s a narcissist with mummy issues. He uses patriotism to increase his popularity, while Stormfront thinks she’s superior because other races are inferior.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: September 19, 2020, 09:12:37 am »
That episode was probably the worst one so far compared to the other one's which have been thoroughly enjoyable.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 09:14:44 am by kloppagetime »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #248 on: September 19, 2020, 12:00:48 pm »
Fucking hell the latest episode is all kinds of fucked up. I can’t stand Stormfront.

Ha ha. She's horrific isn't she. All that 'awww what a shame' trembly lip stuff.

And now..

Spoiler

.. she's deliberately shown Homelander that he can't harm her. His most potent weapon just makes her get off.

That's not quite occurred to him yet though, but I think it will. She's going to manipulate him and clearly looks set to be ruling the Seven.

The difference is that Homelander kind of thinks he's evil, but he's more of an angry child. That scene showed he thought about lasering everyone, but then moved away. Because he didn't have a proper childhood, he's never had the opportunity to reflect on where his life is. He's got an awful lot of pent up anger, fury, despair, hurt and bewilderment inside and he lets that out every now and then.

But let's be honest here, if most of us had super-hero powers then the world would probably be fucked :D 

So the Seven are likely to be lead by Stormfront into total evil - and who can really stop them?

Really struggling to see how Starlight can even contemplate battling her and the rest of the Seven to be honest. I think something is coming (Has to be coming?) where Starlight is actually the strongest of them all.

[close]

I've not read the comics and don't intend to spoil things for myself, but finding it all brilliant. And here I am feeling like a kid again - waiting for next weeks installment.

Remember feeling this excited when Buck Rogers or Dr. Who or Blakes 7 or Star Trek or X-Files and all the other great series would be out and you'd have to wait the whole week building up the excitement.

I loved Umbrella Academy and loved Dark and Stranger Things, but this anticipation and having to wait is tremendous.

Sorry if I came across as a bit of a dick trying to explain this in the previous thread, but I'd probably had a few babychams at the time :)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 12:02:26 pm by Andy ⁎ Allerton »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: September 19, 2020, 12:01:26 pm »
That episode was probably the worst one so far compared to the other one's which have been thoroughly enjoyable.
I agree with you there.

Spoiler
All the character building for Homelander in the last episode was just wasted. Felt like he had grown and had stopped giving a shit about anyone's opinion. But then he's back to being the old Homelander again with the same issues.

Another issue I had, which I guess is subjective, was when the Boys hid after calling the fire brigade. What was the point? I thought they would use the situation as a distraction and get away from Black Noir.
[close]

The season had been great until this episode and I hope the next episodes are good again, but this one didn't sit well.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: September 19, 2020, 01:13:00 pm »
Enjoying it but at the same time not totally sure where it's going.

Spoiler
Was a bit gutted that Homelander losing it was just a daydream but saw it coming at the same time. Stormfront manipulating Homelander is pretty goddamn dangerous too, can see that picking up speed soon.

Hopefully the boys are back together now, a lot of shows do the same thing where the main group spends a whole season scattered and only come together late on, and honestly it's kind of frustrating and pretty played out.
[close]

Agree with this. Still enjoying it like, but feel like we're a few episodes from the end of the season and we haven't really got anywhere. Getting a bit frustrated with the lack of direction and momentum. I quite liked Hughie as the bumbling Everyman in the first season but I'm just finding him an annoying brat now. And the accents fuckin hell, just when you think it couldn't get worse than Karl Urban and Frenchie  ;D
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: September 19, 2020, 01:17:32 pm »
Frenchie and his girlfriend are the worst part of the show, wouldn't miss them at all

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: September 19, 2020, 01:35:47 pm »
Agree with this. Still enjoying it like, but feel like we're a few episodes from the end of the season and we haven't really got anywhere. Getting a bit frustrated with the lack of direction and momentum. I quite liked Hughie as the bumbling Everyman in the first season but I'm just finding him an annoying brat now. And the accents fuckin hell, just when you think it couldn't get worse than Karl Urban and Frenchie  ;D

I wasn't too bothered about the weekly episode format but this is one of the cases where it doesn't work so well. A slower breather episode is fine when you can watch it in-between a couple of others but when it's in the middle of a 2 week wait it's pretty annoying.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: September 19, 2020, 02:06:45 pm »
I think he’s a narcissist with mummy issues. He uses patriotism to increase his popularity, while Stormfront thinks she’s superior because other races are inferior.

Yeah he's just thick as shit,never had to grow up as he was the most powerful around,until Stormfront showed up that it is.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #254 on: September 19, 2020, 05:56:30 pm »
Whenever I see a pic of Thiago I think of Frenchie.

It was nice to see Terror, who is in the comics.

And something from the comic that I will spoiler, because although the show is very different, you never know.

Spoiler

Given the gender twist, Homelander may have just fucked his biological mother. Kind of
[close]
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: September 20, 2020, 01:28:19 am »
Whenever I see a pic of Thiago I think of Frenchie.

It was nice to see Terror, who is in the comics.

And something from the comic that I will spoiler, because although the show is very different, you never know.

Spoiler

Given the gender twist, Homelander may have just fucked his biological mother. Kind of
[close]
Shit. Yeah, I forgot about that. That'd make sense. That's if Stormfront shares the same origin as the comic, though.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #256 on: September 20, 2020, 01:59:04 pm »
3 episodes left, doesn't feel like many. They spent a bit too long bedding this season in, the final 3 are inevitably going to feel rushed or lackluster.
:D

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: September 21, 2020, 02:29:13 pm »

It's just too good. I intended to watch the Umbrella Corp one at a time and savour it and when you're a couple in, you end up binging the lot.

Especially in these times when you're stuck in the house most of the time.

I would think a lot of it is age difference. When I was a kid, there were three channels and you had to always wait a week (or more!) between episodes on most series. And that was the thing then - everyone watched the same thing - everyone waited - there were no spoilers and no way to spoil.

So basically, you'd like everyone else to suffer due to your lack of self-control and you had the cheek to try and suggest those wanting the show to stick to it's established scheduling were the demanding ones.  ::)

It is not an age thing, it is a preference thing, plenty of people like to watch at their own pace and manage to do so without it being forced on them, the difference is that one ep a week prevents the majority from doing that on a show that had already established a schedule with season one.

If they had wanted to change things up to get more engagement, a better compromise would have been to do a few eps a week, so you still had a schedule, but it wasn't so dragged out.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people didn't simply forget about the show until the whole season was out, simply so that whatever pattern they preferred such as full binge, couple of eps a time, an ep a night for a couple of weeks etc wouldn't be disrupted by arbitrary choices by the show and amazon.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: September 21, 2020, 03:47:18 pm »
The ability to binge new content is only a few years old. The age thing is bullshit.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: September 21, 2020, 04:00:22 pm »
Never seen so much crying over one posters opinion over binge watching a tv show or not!

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: September 21, 2020, 04:49:40 pm »
Doesn't matter much to me, but you can see that in certain cases, and for certain shows, binge releases are just better. A couple of posters here have already remarked on how the show feels like it hasn't went anywhere and that it's running out of episodes. To me, that's not the show's fault. It's the fact that the pacing is impacted by weekly interludes between. It brings it off the boil.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: September 21, 2020, 05:51:52 pm »
The wait hasn't bothered me & I've enjoyed all the episodes so far.

If it does get in the way of your enjoyment then just wait until they've all aired and binge.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: September 21, 2020, 06:53:26 pm »
Never seen so much crying over one posters opinion over binge watching a tv show or not!

Considering the tone of his initial post, it seems more than reasonable to call him out for demanding that everyone watch on his schedule so the poor soul cannot be harmed by the possibility of spoilers.  ;D

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #263 on: September 21, 2020, 09:06:07 pm »
The stuff with the heroes has been good but The Boys are doing my head in, mopey saps. Pretty underwhelming so far overall.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #264 on: September 21, 2020, 09:23:53 pm »

People crying is as old as the stars.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 09:42:05 pm by Andy ⁎ Allerton »

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: September 22, 2020, 01:09:26 am »
People crying is as old as the stars.

I preferred the post before you edited, when you called us all arseholes or some such.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #266 on: September 22, 2020, 03:19:04 am »
I preferred the post before you edited, when you called us all arseholes or some such.

Well I've gone for this one now.

If you want to get all upset because someone else has a different view to you then go for it

As I said, personally I'm liking it. Waiting a week for an episode was great to build up the anticipation and more often than not when there was an end in the series, you'd have a cliffhanger and have to wait maybe six months.

You lot would have hated Dick Barton :D

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: September 22, 2020, 05:12:15 am »
Well I've gone for this one now.

If you want to get all upset because someone else has a different view to you then go for it

As I said, personally I'm liking it. Waiting a week for an episode was great to build up the anticipation and more often than not when there was an end in the series, you'd have a cliffhanger and have to wait maybe six months.

You lot would have hated Dick Barton :D

Yes, because you couldn’t help yourself with Umbrella Academy. Which means you also prefer the binge option.

And do you mean Dick Barton the radio drama? I know you’re old old Andy, but didn’t know you were that old.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #268 on: September 22, 2020, 08:29:12 am »
Yes, because you couldn’t help yourself with Umbrella Academy. Which means you also prefer the binge option.

And do you mean Dick Barton the radio drama? I know you’re old old Andy, but didn’t know you were that old.

I'm talking about the 1979 ITV programme "Dick Barton - Special Agent "

And I wouldn't say I prefer them at all. Was loving the delay with Better Call Saul - that turned into a proper date night with the missus as we both loved it.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: September 23, 2020, 03:26:47 pm »

Didn't the majority of the comments start in response to you getting upset that other people preferred the the original scheduling pattern of season one though?  ::)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #270 on: September 23, 2020, 03:30:28 pm »
Didn't the majority of the comments start in response to you getting upset that other people preferred the the original scheduling pattern of season one though?  ::)

I wasn't upset, I was somewhat merry

Not sure how it's supposed to affect me if people like to binge watch.

I've done it myself regularly as Netflix and the like provide that, and if a series is good enough, it's very easy to do. And I have enjoyed it.

The only bit I don't enjoy is that I've hit the series at breakneck speed, whizzed through it and often am wanting more when I finish the final episode.

In the few occasions where they have decided to release an episode a week then I've really enjoyed it. Especially if it's something your better half likes as well. As I said, we were watching Better Call Saul together and it was really nice to be both looking forward to the same thing and watching it together.

When you splurge-watch, then it's quite hard to get two people involved in it.

But each to their own. :)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: September 24, 2020, 09:12:16 am »
For once I'm in agreement with Andy.  Spot on about Better Call Saul.  And GoT was good for that too.

Binge watching is so typical of the "I want it! and I want in now!" generation.

Binge Watchers = Veruca Salt

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: September 24, 2020, 09:46:50 pm »
But what if you watch a show after it all airs and binge it?

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: September 25, 2020, 05:43:19 am »
Frenchie is the Skylar White of this show

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: September 25, 2020, 01:00:52 pm »
Back to form again. Brilliant episode.
We finally get the complete story about the boys and this episode sets up brilliantly for the last two.

Spoiler
The Russian penis guy. :lmao  :lmao
[close]
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: September 25, 2020, 04:58:44 pm »
So, Stormfront
Spoiler
is just an updated version of her comic counterpart. All they've done is swap gender and removed the stereotypical, dated mannerisms and accent, which was stupid to begin with, even in a comic. They've kept her origin, but made her character make more sense from a narrative perspective regarding Vought.
[close]

If I have a complaint about this series, is that Homelander and Stormfront just aren't getting enough screen time. They've stolen the Boys' thunder and are the most entertaining and interesting aspect here. There's far too much melodrama going on with Hughey, Starlight, Frenchy and Butcher. I can understand why it's there, but it's not been developed enough, or maybe that's the point of this series, to set up series 3? Who knows. MM is just sort of a side character at this point. They need to get back to some of the wacky antics of the first series. There's plenty of that in the source material to be had that seems to have been disappointingly snubbed for the TV show. I wonder if 'Love Sausage' will make a return?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #276 on: September 25, 2020, 05:06:18 pm »
Nice

Spoiler

I like the way they are gathering Supes around the Boys

Also, be interesting to see where the Crusher girl ends up

Plus. Starlight kills a fella and doesn't even really care. Was that respect from Butcher or him thinking that Supes always end up as straight-up murderers?

[close]

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: September 25, 2020, 05:14:15 pm »
Nice

Spoiler

I like the way they are gathering Supes around the Boys

Also, be interesting to see where the Crusher girl ends up

Plus. Starlight kills a fella and doesn't even really care.

[close]
Spoiler
Was that respect from Butcher or him thinking that Supes always end up as straight-up murderers?
I'd say the latter. Butcher is a sociopath. He really only gives a fuck about Hughey for personal reasons. We only really got to see that for the first time during that scene where the van got flipped and Butcher's only concern was getting Hughey to safety.
[close]

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: September 25, 2020, 05:16:42 pm »
Thought it was ace, don't know how people can not like Frenchie.

Spoiler
Must be shit to be an acid spitting supe that isn't immune to acid.
[close]

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: September 25, 2020, 09:44:02 pm »
Thought it was ace, don't know how people can not like Frenchie.

Spoiler
Must be shit to be an acid spitting supe that isn't immune to acid.
[close]

Yeah I like Frenchie aswell.