Author Topic: Harvey Elliott (Harvey Daniel James Elliott)  (Read 617744 times)

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome Harvey
« Reply #3640 on: September 1, 2022, 03:59:32 am »
I see a full on Face Turn for him in the future mate.
Exactly what I was thinking reading that lol. Had to make sure I was in the right thread  ;D
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3641 on: September 1, 2022, 06:59:05 am »
At a time where you’d want the senior players to help him. He is the one helping them.

Times in the second half where he was so much better than everyone, it was almost funny.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3642 on: September 1, 2022, 07:03:53 am »
He is class. Our best last night

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3643 on: September 1, 2022, 07:08:43 am »
He’s our best fit midfielder at the moment. Presume he’ll be rotated a bit more to avoid burnout when the likes of Jones and Thiago are able to play but he’s a joy to watch currrntly

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3644 on: September 1, 2022, 07:31:46 am »
He is really fucking good isn't he, some engine on him, does not stop

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3645 on: September 1, 2022, 08:54:37 am »
He's a tweener, not really a forward and not really a midfielder. He looks great and his offensive passing output is insane. Just more a question whether we can build a functional midfield around him is the question.

Yeah interesting, I just checked his defensive contributions, it's lower than I thought it would be.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3646 on: September 1, 2022, 08:58:08 am »
Incredible performance, this guy is special!

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3647 on: September 1, 2022, 09:01:27 am »
At a time where you’d want the senior players to help him. He is the one helping them.

Times in the second half where he was so much better than everyone, it was almost funny.

Some of our best youngsters in the PL era have made their mark and reputation by bailing out the old guard.  Tis a good sign for me. :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #3648 on: September 1, 2022, 09:02:15 am »
I’ve always said this kid is special and if we had him all season last time round then the title would have tilted to our side.

Still only young and there’s going to be a lot more to look forward to.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3649 on: September 1, 2022, 09:03:30 am »
Must have an eye on the world cup? If he continues like this then surely he gets in the 26 man squad.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3650 on: September 1, 2022, 09:04:50 am »
Must have an eye on the world cup? If he continues like this then surely he gets in the 26 man squad.

Eurgh. Hopefully not. He's not going to play so it'll just stop him getting a proper winter break.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3651 on: September 1, 2022, 09:06:05 am »
Don't think there's a chance Southgate calls someone up he's never had around before when they have so little preparation time. Think he gets a call after the World Cup if he keeps this up as a reward and to see some newer faces, but they'll want him to be part of the u21 team next summer if they want to win that as well.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3652 on: September 1, 2022, 09:24:58 am »
He's in that mould of (class) player that Southgate has absolutely no idea what to do with. See Phil Foden as a further example.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3653 on: September 1, 2022, 09:29:14 am »
I love the fact that he has the brevity to take on opposition midfielders and actually dribble past them. We miss that forward thinking drive every time Thiago is injured. Some of the passes and dribbles he played were just class. Joelinton had no idea what to do with him, the big brute.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3654 on: September 1, 2022, 11:47:21 am »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3655 on: September 1, 2022, 11:48:01 am »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3656 on: September 1, 2022, 11:49:29 am »
Awesome offense - terrible defense?

nope.. just the awesome offense
I mean 'should be impossible in this league at 19' levels of awesome

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3657 on: September 1, 2022, 11:49:59 am »
Holy fuck

https://fbref.com/en/players/c8387671/Harvey-Elliott

Does this include last night? He's In the 99th percentile of shot creating actions. That's insane.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3658 on: September 1, 2022, 11:50:30 am »
Does this include last night? He's In the 99th percentile of shot creating actions. That's insane.

Yeah his numbers from last night are as good as it gets
Hes fucking 3 years + off his peak

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3659 on: September 1, 2022, 11:50:33 am »
nope.. just awesome
I mean 'should be impossible in this league at 19' levels of awesome

That's what I am asking - we can see the offensive contribution, I've seen lots of tracking back defensively - but the defensive stats seem very low.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3660 on: September 1, 2022, 11:52:16 am »
His pass to Salah in the buildup to Bobby's goal was inch-perfect.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3661 on: September 1, 2022, 11:53:54 am »
That's what I am asking - we can see the offensive contribution, I've seen lots of tracking back defensively - but the defensive stats seem very low.

For sure he's not great defensively in terms of ball winning - but its far easier to get players to do that than it is to do what he's doing. He's not a disaster defensively because of his work rate and he'll improve with coaching and physical development. It's never going to be the point of having him in the team obv
Going out and buying what he's currently doing on the ball is like 70 million in this market and he's still improving

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3662 on: September 1, 2022, 12:06:50 pm »
We literally just need 2 players who can destroy, control and progress the ball to him and we're golden in midfield. It does rather explain the reluctance to buy players in midfield in some ways. Quite possibly at some point in the spring before Madrid swooped we were hoping for a long term midfield of Tchouameni, Bellingham, Elliott. If we can get top 4 with what we've got, bring in Bellingham, and find a Tchouameni alternative we're going to have an absurdly frightening midfield for the next decade. 

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3663 on: September 1, 2022, 12:16:45 pm »
We literally just need 2 players who can destroy, control and progress the ball to him and we're golden in midfield. It does rather explain the reluctance to buy players in midfield in some ways. Quite possibly at some point in the spring before Madrid swooped we were hoping for a long term midfield of Tchouameni, Bellingham, Elliott. If we can get top 4 with what we've got, bring in Bellingham, and find a Tchouameni alternative we're going to have an absurdly frightening midfield for the next decade. 

Kind of …. But Tchouamenis skills are far more replicable- as in burying a destroyer / energy guy is far easier than buying someone who can do what Elliot looks like he can … it’s also far more coachable (eg Gini)
But yeah if Elliot really is this elite it’s incredibly exciting because going out and buying what he can do is rally hard

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #3664 on: September 1, 2022, 01:25:25 pm »
Whilst Robertson/Diaz or Tsmikas/Diaz look good, Arnold/Elliot/Salah must be the best line in the world at the moment, at least it may be seen so when Harvey fully gets his feet. I felt he came of age this week, much more to come from the lad.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3665 on: September 1, 2022, 02:37:53 pm »
I love the fact that he has the brevity to take on opposition midfielders and actually dribble past them. 

What's he saying as he goes past?

"See ya?"

"Done?"

"Bye?"

Brevity, indeed...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3666 on: September 1, 2022, 03:32:39 pm »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3667 on: September 1, 2022, 03:43:11 pm »
Whilst Robertson/Diaz or Tsmikas/Diaz look good, Arnold/Elliot/Salah must be the best line in the world at the moment, at least it may be seen so when Harvey fully gets his feet. I felt he came of age this week, much more to come from the lad.

Its not the best line in the world at the moment. It and the team need to deliver more still.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3668 on: September 1, 2022, 05:45:31 pm »
I love the fact that he has the brevity to take on opposition midfielders and actually dribble past them.
It's part of his brief
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #3669 on: September 1, 2022, 05:58:41 pm »
2nd half he played almost like a captain, he took on the responsibility of trying to penetrate and get closer to Salah. Agree with his engine and endeavour, just needs to keep it up. If he can get stronger, and maybe even quicker, he'll be gold. Cos sometimes i think he shooting is weak, and in low blocks, he cant use any power to penetrate, so it would have to be total skill.

Interesting to see he took a free-kick too, if he can add deadball to his game that would be brilliant. I'm not going to go over-board with Harvey, I just want to see him have a completely injury free season, and judge what we have at the end of it.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3670 on: September 1, 2022, 06:16:14 pm »
What's he saying as he goes past?

"See ya?"

"Done?"

"Bye?"

Brevity, indeed...

reminds me of a PL manager a few years back (damned if I can remember who it was) who was on his way from his car when a journo shouted "Can I have a quick word?"

the answer came as he walked past him: "Alacrity"

:)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3671 on: September 1, 2022, 06:30:01 pm »
reminds me of a PL manager a few years back (damned if I can remember who it was) who was on his way from his car when a journo shouted "Can I have a quick word?"

The instance I remember was Gordon Strachan and the word he said was 'Velocity', which of course, has no necessary link to quickness. 'Alacrity' would have been better, certainly.

Maybe someone else did the same thing?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3672 on: September 1, 2022, 06:33:18 pm »
I love the fact that he has the brevity to take on opposition midfielders and actually dribble past them. We miss that forward thinking drive every time Thiago is injured. Some of the passes and dribbles he played were just class. Joelinton had no idea what to do with him, the big brute.

Yer, you don't realise how small he is until you see him in person. A few times he would run into a group of players, and he'd come out of that duel with the ball pushing forward. Few times last night I was thinking, how the fuck has he done that. Constantly looking forward, wants the ball and willing to run. Bobby comes alive with players like that around him. Massive game on Saturday, no dount he will get kicked all over the gaff.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Larse

• Kopite
« Reply #3673 on: September 1, 2022, 07:34:43 pm »
He's a tweener, not really a forward and not really a midfielder. He looks great and his offensive passing output is insane.

yeah he could be our bernardo silva. Great engine, dribbling, passing, vision and shooting. I just pray he doesnt get injured. hes got everthing.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3674 on: September 1, 2022, 08:01:54 pm »

;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3675 on: September 1, 2022, 11:25:02 pm »
Holy fuck

https://fbref.com/en/players/c8387671/Harvey-Elliott

Doesnt this put into doubt the need for a player like Bellingham.

Offline El_Pelusa_10

• Kopite
  • Diego Armando Maradona-Greatest Player Of All Time
« Reply #3676 on: September 2, 2022, 12:52:51 am »
The most impressive thing about him for me (and always has) has been 1st touch. He kills the ball dead every time - I honestly feel he has the best first touch in the team.

I cant remember ever seeing the ball bounce off him or not have the correct body shape receiving. And its been like that since he came through. The potential is crazy for him if he can keep going the way he is (and potentially fill out slightly)

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #3677 on: September 2, 2022, 01:08:03 am »
Doesnt this put into doubt the need for a player like Bellingham.

It's interesting that as in theory yes, adding Bellingham to Elliott would make no sense. You'd be left with just one midfielder to do everything which outside of prime Kante doesn't seem possible without a change in tactics. Maybe the thinking is that post-Salah you have Elliott at RW and Bellingham at RCM with then two other midfielders. That actually makes sense. Lot of money though to figure that out.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3678 on: September 2, 2022, 07:05:25 am »
It's interesting that as in theory yes, adding Bellingham to Elliott would make no sense. You'd be left with just one midfielder to do everything which outside of prime Kante doesn't seem possible without a change in tactics. Maybe the thinking is that post-Salah you have Elliott at RW and Bellingham at RCM with then two other midfielders. That actually makes sense. Lot of money though to figure that out.

Obviously its only a handful of games for both Elliott and the team but if there is a continuation in his form then for me it makes it clear that what we need is a more defensive minded midfielder, or at least one with a lot of energy that can help in transition.

I guess the counter could be that generally these sorts of players will cost less and you could get both.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3679 on: September 2, 2022, 05:58:24 pm »
The instance I remember was Gordon Strachan and the word he said was 'Velocity', which of course, has no necessary link to quickness. 'Alacrity' would have been better, certainly.

Maybe someone else did the same thing?
you got it!!  thanks.