Author Topic: Harvey Elliott (Harvey Daniel James Elliott)  (Read 617750 times)

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
Re: Welcome Harvey
« Reply #3600 on: August 31, 2022, 10:11:27 pm »
I thought he was a bit invisible the first 30 min or so, but then he got much more involved and that was a big reason why we looked better.
With Henderson playing more defensively, Harvey can and should be a major part of our attack

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3601 on: August 31, 2022, 10:12:49 pm »
He looks amazing when he's in that 10 position behind the midfield, just play him there from the start instead of as a RCM.  Once Milner came on and we adjusted a little with a more defensive fullback, he flourished even more because he wasn't having to constantly cover for Trent.

Agreed.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3602 on: August 31, 2022, 10:13:16 pm »
Man of the match tonight.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #3603 on: August 31, 2022, 10:18:36 pm »
What a player - we were largely shit Eliott apart. He drove the team on despite the dross around him. His stamina is ridiculous. Would be surprised if he doesn't end up going to the World Cup

Jesus... I hope not.

Online sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3604 on: August 31, 2022, 10:18:53 pm »
What a player - we were largely shit Eliott apart. He drove the team on despite the dross around him. His stamina is ridiculous. Would be surprised if he doesn't end up going to the World Cup

I hope he doesn’t go but he absolutely should with the way he’s playing. Not convinced Southgate is capable of recognising what’s right in front of him anyway.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3605 on: August 31, 2022, 10:26:28 pm »
I don't remember David Silva being that fast, or Juan Mata even during his good years.

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #3606 on: August 31, 2022, 10:27:20 pm »
Absolutely brilliant. You could see his confidence build and build, he realised he was finding himself in great pockets of space and then that he could properly get his foot on the ball and express himself rather than playing one or two touch balls. No coincidence that the Elliot > Salah > [striker] chain found another goal.

Special player, special special player.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3607 on: August 31, 2022, 10:28:39 pm »
Ran the game in that second half. Special talent, love his link up with Mo. Will be something else when Trent joins their party again

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3608 on: August 31, 2022, 10:35:41 pm »
Sees things on the pitch that others don’t, plays with an incredible amount of intelligence for someone of his age and relative inexperience. And along with the technical ability, he’s got an endless work rate and willingness to scrap and do the hard yards when our backs are against the wall.

Absolutely love him - special, special player who is going to be outstanding for this club for many years to come.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3609 on: August 31, 2022, 10:40:22 pm »
Someone young is going to have to explain that celebration to me.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3610 on: August 31, 2022, 10:40:53 pm »
First name on the team sheet. There is no question now.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #3611 on: August 31, 2022, 10:42:32 pm »
Best player on the pitch by an absolute mile.
AHA!

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3612 on: August 31, 2022, 10:47:09 pm »

It's called 'The Covid Test'

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3613 on: August 31, 2022, 10:48:32 pm »
It’s called the smash and grab
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3614 on: August 31, 2022, 10:49:13 pm »

Fucking hell.

Playing badly doesn’t turn this team into dross. Or would you prefer ‘deadwood’?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3615 on: August 31, 2022, 10:49:49 pm »
Havent been that keen on him previously but the game on Saturday and more importantly from 30 minutes onwards he was excellent and really stepped up.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3616 on: August 31, 2022, 10:50:28 pm »
Havent been that keen on him previously but the game on Saturday and more importantly from 30 minutes onwards he was excellent and really stepped up.

The kid can;t take your nonsense anymore.

He reads RAWK.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3617 on: August 31, 2022, 10:56:59 pm »
The boy is fucking class.
Stevie wonder can see that.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #3618 on: August 31, 2022, 10:58:57 pm »
We should seriously think about transitioning to a double pivot with a three behind Nunez, playing Elliott as the 10.

He was brilliant tonight and of the starters, the only one who had a good game. He really was excellent and showed massive character. A wonderful technician too whilst I’m using Brendanisms.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3619 on: August 31, 2022, 11:00:26 pm »
We should seriously think about transitioning to a double pivot with a three behind Nunez, playing Elliott as the 10.

He was brilliant tonight and of the starters, the only one who had a good game. He really was excellent and showed massive character. A wonderful technician too whilst I’m using Brendanisms.

Don't forget 'a beautiful human being.'

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3620 on: August 31, 2022, 11:04:46 pm »
Beast of a performance that. Never let his head down and kept pushing the entire time unlike the senior players around him.

Showed maturity beyond his years and needs to start replicating this every week. He looks like someone who could have done this for 120mins and then again do the same after a few days. Big set of games coming up and he will get into more spaces once the team starts getting more cohesive.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3621 on: August 31, 2022, 11:04:57 pm »
He works best in tight spaces. Excellent tonight.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3622 on: August 31, 2022, 11:15:41 pm »
Someone bless the lad with a bit more pace. Tis all I ask of you.
A bit more strength (it will come).

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3623 on: August 31, 2022, 11:19:02 pm »
That was a quite incredible performance actually, wow.

Individual performances of the midfielders (both good and bad) aside, I'm still not sure playing him as a RCM within our current midfield set-up is necessarily a very natural fit or a long-term solution without tweaking the system, but at this point we just need to get him on the pitch as he's been levels above anyone else this season so far.

Movement, energy, tenacity, invention, courage on the ball. I mean maybe it stands out because of the absolute lack of those qualities elsewhere on the pitch, but it's really very impressive at the age of 19.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3624 on: August 31, 2022, 11:24:25 pm »
Klopp on Harvey Elliott:

"Harvey Elliott was the best player on the pitch, without a shadow of a doubt. It was nice to see he picks up from where he was before the bad injury." [BBC]

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3625 on: August 31, 2022, 11:46:50 pm »
He was incredible. There was a lot of so so performances out there especially in midfield but he kept plugging away and doing the right things. As said above he kept growing in confidence as the game went on.

The young and newer lads seem to be our only real spark at the moment. Hopefully the rest can kick into gear because we need them if we are to go at it this season.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3626 on: September 1, 2022, 12:03:17 am »
Get him in a central attacking midfield position.  Only player on the team capable of playing an incisive pass through the middle.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3627 on: September 1, 2022, 12:05:49 am »
Amazing talent. Brilliant, energetic, driving, inventive presence on the pitch. If he were called Hervé Ellioti etc

(or if he'd cost 60m because that's all that seems to matter)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3628 on: September 1, 2022, 12:13:01 am »
Outstanding player, he was so good all game and never stopped looking to move the ball quickly and keep creating.

Made a fool of Joelinton a few times with smart footwork and releasing the ball at the right times

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3629 on: September 1, 2022, 12:15:20 am »
Amazing talent. Brilliant, energetic, driving, inventive presence on the pitch. If he were called Hervé Ellioti etc

To who ?  You'll be hard pushed to find a red that can't see what he is and could become. I'm just worried Southgate cottons on.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3630 on: September 1, 2022, 12:21:36 am »

I know you are taking the piss but how much would it take for somebody to get him off us now? We’d laugh at a 60 mil offer for example.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3631 on: September 1, 2022, 12:22:03 am »
To who ?  You'll be hard pushed to find a red that can't see what he is and could become. I'm just worried Southgate cottons on.
Save our Hervé from cotton waistcoats!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3632 on: September 1, 2022, 12:22:28 am »
Klopp to Elliott and Carvalho: "Well, here we all are now, all the lads".

The lads Harvey and Fab adding the Klopp spark that is missing in the others at the moment.

If this is the standard of youngsters we're building around with Klopp at the helm, we'll be alright.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2022, 12:31:51 am by mattD »

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3633 on: September 1, 2022, 12:23:36 am »
I know you are taking the piss but how much would it take for somebody to get him off us now? We’d laugh at a 60 mil offer for example.

Agreed, his worth has shot up quicker than Zoom shares during the pandemic. He's made of star quality win

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3634 on: September 1, 2022, 12:24:20 am »
Christ I hope he doesn’t notice or thinks he needs to back his current lads. He will get picked at some point it’s just about when.

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3635 on: September 1, 2022, 12:45:12 am »
Harvinho, best player on the pitch tonight👏🏾

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3636 on: September 1, 2022, 12:53:45 am »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3637 on: September 1, 2022, 12:57:39 am »
Harvinho, best player on the pitch tonight👏🏾
Ridiculous that he didn't get MotM.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #3638 on: September 1, 2022, 01:09:32 am »
He's a tweener, not really a forward and not really a midfielder. He looks great and his offensive passing output is insane. Just more a question whether we can build a functional midfield around him is the question.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3639 on: September 1, 2022, 01:11:12 am »
I see a full on Face Turn for him in the future mate.