Author Topic: NFL Fantasy League  (Read 67953 times)

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Re: NFL Fantasy League
« Reply #880 on: December 10, 2019, 01:11:20 pm »
Nobody likes people who have reached the playoffs... Consolation games is where it's at...

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #881 on: December 10, 2019, 04:04:43 pm »
Nobody likes people who have reached the playoffs... Consolation games is where it's at...

U ok hun? X
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #882 on: December 10, 2019, 04:09:19 pm »
U ok hun? X

Yeah... And that's the worst about missing the playoffs: Not being able to kick your arse again... ;)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #883 on: December 16, 2019, 12:40:06 am »
How the hell did I miss the playoffs, ffs.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd
« Reply #884 on: December 16, 2019, 08:01:01 am »

:wave
"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #885 on: December 16, 2019, 08:08:02 am »

Neglecting your team last week in your crunch playoff decider probably didn't help mate ;D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #886 on: December 16, 2019, 11:48:28 am »
Neglecting your team last week in your crunch playoff decider probably didn't help mate ;D

I was travelling, didn't get a chance to make changes but still barely lost out.  :butt

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #887 on: December 16, 2019, 11:53:16 am »
I was travelling, didn't get a chance to make changes but still barely lost out.  :butt

Your bench players wouldn't have made the difference anyway. Not making the playoffs at 8-6 is incredibly unlucky however you look at it.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #888 on: December 16, 2019, 12:20:15 pm »
My team has gradually become utter crap as the weeks went on.

My game next week is to avoid the wooden spoon FFS :)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #889 on: December 16, 2019, 12:34:58 pm »

Have we worked out who got the lowest score/record in the inter league and b race for 20th place?

Probably need to count their scores up to week 14 - do we have the screenshots of the final standings on discord

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #890 on: December 16, 2019, 01:45:39 pm »

Buck the Trend?  5 straight losses here -- so the last game could not have come too quick.

Let me be the first to suggest that we go in reverse draft order of how the standings results --- Trend top pick next year.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #891 on: December 16, 2019, 02:35:57 pm »

Let me be the first to suggest that we go in reverse draft order of how the standings results --- Trend top pick next year.

Nah.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #892 on: December 16, 2019, 03:18:41 pm »
Nah.

I know you prefer it to be the runner up of League A --- but that won't get you top draw  ;D
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #893 on: December 16, 2019, 03:48:52 pm »

My opponent got like 180 points this week, despite coming top of my league I`ve not been lucky in that regard.

It would be interesting if the fantasy format could come up with something to make good defence more relevant against your current opponent.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #894 on: December 16, 2019, 03:59:35 pm »

My opponent got like 180 points this week, despite coming top of my league I`ve not been lucky in that regard.

It would be interesting if the fantasy format could come up with something to make good defence more relevant against your current opponent.

How do you mean? As in taking a high scoring opponent into account? Think some leagues also give points for high scorers, so you get however many points for a win and 3-2-1 points for coming top three to reward high scoring too.

Also....

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #895 on: December 16, 2019, 04:42:25 pm »
Anyone not in the discord should really jump in, it's where the real fun is.

We've come up with, roughly, a billion ideas for next season. Once this is over we'll try and hammer out next season. Which sounds premature but I'm not ready for it to end haha
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #896 on: December 16, 2019, 07:18:21 pm »

Killie, it wouldn't have mattered who you played this week.  You would have lost. :)

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #897 on: December 16, 2019, 08:48:10 pm »
Anyone not in the discord should really jump in, it's where the real fun is.

We've come up with, roughly, a billion ideas for next season. Once this is over we'll try and hammer out next season. Which sounds premature but I'm not ready for it to end haha

And normally we're really nice to newcomers for at least a couple of days. And it takes roughly a week before the daily roasting starts... :)

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #898 on: December 17, 2019, 12:40:44 am »
And normally we're really nice to newcomers for at least a couple of days. And it takes roughly a week before the daily roasting starts... :)
After an initial booing

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #899 on: December 17, 2019, 12:48:42 am »
After an initial booing

And a small colo-rectal examination of how one uses their bench players....
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #900 on: December 17, 2019, 08:11:19 am »
Killie, it wouldn't have mattered who you played this week.  You would have lost. :)

My boys did not turn up. My point is that points scored against you are really just a matter of luck.

No idea how the fantasy leagues can adjust for this without  us having to draft individual defensive players.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #901 on: December 17, 2019, 09:12:05 am »
*a Superbowl finalist enters*

Oh, hi guys, no please, no need to all applaud.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #902 on: December 17, 2019, 10:07:00 am »
*a Superbowl finalist enters*

Oh, hi guys, no please, no need to all applaud.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

We'll talk again after the final. Being in it means fuck all without winning... :D

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #903 on: December 17, 2019, 10:36:08 am »
Don't forget to put your waiver claims in this week guys. Wouldn't want a certain injury ravaged finalist getting a free run at some Week 16 studs would we? ;D

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #904 on: December 17, 2019, 11:19:01 am »
My boys did not turn up. My point is that points scored against you are really just a matter of luck.

No idea how the fantasy leagues can adjust for this without  us having to draft individual defensive players.

Near the standings table on the main league page (not on app), if you click the breakdown tab it shows you how your score in each week would have fared against everyone else in the league. So if you got an amazing second highest score but ended up facing the person with the highest score, you’d be awarded 8 wins - 1 loss. They do a table of this over the 14 games. I assume, as with trash pandas in our league, that the top team is top in this ‘breakdown’ too, but it could be interesting for you anyway?

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #905 on: December 17, 2019, 12:34:14 pm »
Near the standings table on the main league page (not on app), if you click the breakdown tab it shows you how your score in each week would have fared against everyone else in the league. So if you got an amazing second highest score but ended up facing the person with the highest score, you’d be awarded 8 wins - 1 loss. They do a table of this over the 14 games. I assume, as with trash pandas in our league, that the top team is top in this ‘breakdown’ too, but it could be interesting for you anyway?

Cheers, i`ll have a look. The app is a bit of a mystery to me.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #906 on: December 17, 2019, 05:04:07 pm »
Come to the dark side Killie -- you'll love it

In terms of TIND to WIN and GONE WITH THE TIND --- Executives at Team TIND have done a self-serving analysis of the season for readers who enjoy a good moan, bitch or head-exploding review of why Kittle is not a red-zone target enough.

Okay, here goes

Win/Loss        Total Points     Opponent     TIND Unclaimed Bench Points    Would have won if used

WEEK 1                     Loss               158            Killie Red            +14 (E Sanders - WR)                  No

WEEK 2                 Loss                92               GLB                +40 (Andrews -TE/Winston-QB) Yes

WEEK 3                 Loss               120            deFacto             +34 (3 Positions)                      Yes

WEEK 4                     Win                111          Tank for Tua        Maxed Out + NO TUA TE                 --- * lucky to win

WEEK 5                     Win                133              Mikey              + 10 (49'ers Defense)                    ----

WEEK 6                    Loss                 91               Carl                + 12 (ODB  - WR)                           No

WEEK 7                     Win                 80              Simon              +12 (G Tate - Flex)                        -----* lucky to win

WEEK 8                    Loss                107             Gregg               +10 (E Sanders - Flex)                    No

WEEK 9                     Win                137           Buck Pete           +34 (E Sanders & Monty)               -------

WEEK 10              Loss               137            Killie Red            +24 (Doyle-TE & Dak-QB)           Yes

WEEK 11                   Win                112              GLB                 +22 (Dak - QB & Tyrell-WR)            -------

WEEK 12                   Loss               112            deFacto              + 6 (Gallup - WR)                            No

WEEK 13              Loss               110         Tank for Tua           +21 (Dak-QB, Lazard-WR)         Yes

WEEK 14                   Loss               115             Mikey                 +32 (Brees - QB, Chiefs - Def)         No

WEEK 15                   Loss               152            deFacto               +13 (ODB - Flex)                            No

*** Highlighted above - games should have won due to poor managerial/executive functioning

Should have gone 9-5 instead of 5-9!  Will learn my lessons lads and next year --- be ready! 

« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 05:05:53 pm by Trifleisfestivity »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #907 on: December 17, 2019, 05:20:10 pm »
Sometimes you can make the right decision logically and someone just has a good game. I'd say most of the team selection decisions you make within your roster will be correct, but it is the decision about who is on your roster, so the trades, waiver selections and drops that will have the biggest impact on your teams win-loss record.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #908 on: December 19, 2019, 05:23:47 pm »
Wooden-spoon match-up against Trend this weekend for me

Brought in FitzMagic at home against the Bengals. 

My reasoning is that if Cincinnati lose this weekend then they are guaranteed 1st draft pick and can go into their last game at home in the Ohio derby against Cleveland and maybe even try to win and give their fans something to cheer about.

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #909 on: December 19, 2019, 05:26:35 pm »
In the old fashioned keeper league Final is:

#3 Team Mediocrity (8-5)
vs
#1 Ste's Stars (9-4)

The people's champ (me) lost in SF :(
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #910 on: December 20, 2019, 06:20:04 pm »
In the old fashioned keeper league Final is:

#3 Team Mediocrity (8-5)
vs
#1 Ste's Stars (9-4)

The people's champ (me) lost in SF :(

Commiserations.  It's been a wild season.

Woohoo, Team Mediocrity (formerly New Kid on the Block) is back!  First playoff appearance since 2013 and first final since 2012 (when I took over someone else's team).  Maybe my GM skills have been lacking....  :-X

But without Mike Evans and likely without Dalvin Cook, Ste's Stars will probably trounce me here.  It's also a rematch of the 2012 final, funnily enough.
King Kenny.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #911 on: December 20, 2019, 08:25:50 pm »
Should be a good final in that league.

Had a good season taking my shit inherited keeper team to 8-5 and the playoffs. Knocked out first round of the playoffs but given my team was that bad o just hoped for a win or two, I’ll take it. In a much better position to go for the win next year now my keepers are decent.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #912 on: December 24, 2019, 01:37:24 pm »
 :champ :champ :champ :champ :champ :champ :champ :champ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #913 on: December 24, 2019, 01:45:07 pm »
Okay -- lets start thinking about next season.

Group preferences for regular A & B leagues ---- come get sum in league A is our battle cry.  King Carl rules the roost with Princess Mikey close on his tail.   We have Duke of Killie killing it again and deFacto almost making it to royalty (not without my help) -- and of course Baxter changing his user name more than his bench players.

Personally, any league with Buck Pete in it, is a brighter more entertaining one --- and God's Left Boot was sheer class for a long time...  Statto and Tua made us laugh, but mostly it was a fond Ballmaster named Carl who fondled his team to the top.

League A, you are all winners in my book despite me drafting Andrew Luck, trading away T Kelce, A Kamara, M Gordon, TY Hilton, A Jones, D Waller, M Andrews, and the 49ers Defense.....

League B, you are all born losers with no hope next year (except I do like Classy --Classy asks questions, is polite and understands the difference between complaining and rage).  Classy is the Joe Pesci of League B -- he gets things done.

Of course, Gerrence will always have a soft place in league A hearts because of his name --- and poor drafting/computer skills.   Hey, how did your TE work out again?   

Anywho --- as Mr. Constanza says in the Festivus episode, I have a lot of problems with you people --- League B --- so think about if you can make it to the big time.  I heard Helsinki is a poor man's Carl too... So there is that.

Toodles
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 01:46:45 pm by Trifleisfestivity »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #914 on: December 24, 2019, 02:15:20 pm »
Congratulations to Ste's Stars for winning the Flea Flicker league.

It unfortunately turned out to be an ugly championship game haha, but in the end a well-deserved win.
King Kenny.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #915 on: December 24, 2019, 02:56:42 pm »
:champ :champ :champ :champ :champ :champ :champ :champ

Booooooooooooooo...
Who won the consolation playoff in league arse? They are the real winners...

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #916 on: December 24, 2019, 02:58:14 pm »

Booooooooooooooo...
Who won the consolation playoff in league arse? They are the real winners...

That'd be me. Special thanks to Saquon for scoring 75 points in the two kiddie table playoff games after doing fuck all all season.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #917 on: December 24, 2019, 09:31:32 pm »
Congratulations to Jaquiski Tart on beating my reigning champs in the final  :wave

I would have won if I hadn't got worried about the big projected points difference and gambled on starting Will Fuller, and I had Fitzmagic and Boyd left on my bench who both got 30+ points, but them's the breaks  ;) 200 and something points last week against Trash Pandas was ridiculous and made you worthy champs :wave
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 09:34:58 pm by jedimaster »
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #918 on: December 24, 2019, 09:43:41 pm »
So it's just the one person getting promoted to League B right? And we relegate Stoa?

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #919 on: December 24, 2019, 09:57:30 pm »
So it's just the one person getting promoted to League B right? And we relegate Stoa?

Obsessed! We get it. Very funny...