Author Topic: CL SF: Liverpool 4 vs Barçelona 0 (4-3) Origi 6', 79’, Gini 53', 56 Bloody hell.  (Read 275601 times)

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I am not sure we are overachieving. You do not get 94 points and get to the Champions League Final unless you are really good

Our limitations from last season have been eradicated with a preseason of Virgil Van Dijk and the arrival of Alisson and Fabinho.

This is one of the most complete sides  I have ever seen and that is still not taking into account Keita and Oxelaide-Chamberlain. We have good players, but a world class team. Maybe we need to do it again next season to convince everyone.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Massive hero of mine Aldo, played in the greatest Liverpool team I've seen (up until now), as a player my one abiding memory of him was when I was standing a couple of yards behind the goal at Hillsborough in '88 when he scored a fantastic volley from a fantastic Barnes cross - we all knew were that ball was going to end up, a familiar formula. He would have loved the sort of service we saw the other day and would have nailed that Gini header too, lethal striker.

When I watch Liverpool on the telly, I tend to mute the commentary and listen to the LFC TV commentary instead. Aldo is a massive red and wears his heart on his sleeve, but I tell you what as a commentator he's a proper moaning bastard, a real bed wetter, last week when it finished 3-0 he said "that's it, done, its all over". It's disappointing to hear that and sometimes I have to turn it (him) off because it churns him up so much - he cares and it hurts him. He's actually improved slightly as I think he's been pulled up about it, he used moan mercilessly about our corners and I think it's been pointed out to him that statistically we are the best in the league - by some margin. Anyway apart from that he'll always be a hero of mine for providing some of my greatest memories of Liverpool as a player.

I've noticed that about Aldo too.  Listen to his commentary for Istanbul when he was at Radio City. ;D

Still tbf he was honest about that.  At 3-3 he said, "this game never ceases to amaze me, this football.  At half time I just wanted to get on a plane and go home!"
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"Luis Suarez is staring into space. To describe it as a thousand-yard stare would be to undersell it by an order of magnitude. Such is the sunkenness of his eyes, the emptiness of his glare, the blankness of his features, it wouldn’t be a surprise if he could see straight into his front room in Uruguay."

“From his expression alone, you wouldn’t know if he were watching a nuclear mushroom cloud, Chamberlain’s declaration of war on Germany or a video on dental etiquette.”

Johnathan Liew
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
See that's exactly the kind of bullshit comment I'm talking about!  The sneering at the clubs that our players came from; as if they are shitty by default.  It's really disrespectful in its own way.

It isn't though is it, its tongue in cheek. To me it's saying the opposite, its saying that we as a club can pluck undiscovered or under utilised talent and build a fantastic team whilst spending modest amounts of money on unknown / disaffected players rather than superstars like Pogba for £100m and turn them into great players. With the except of Allison and Virgil, none of these players were stars before they joined Liverpool, they are stars now because of being in a Liverpool team. The article is highlighting that even without the "stars" of Mo and Firmino, the "others" can still step up and deliver. I see that as a positive, the great Liverpool sides of the 70s were filled with so called scally's from Kirkby, Huyton and South Liverpool, they were great footballers but more importantly they had great heart and bottle. I see this team having the same attributes and I think that's the reason why they get through nights like this.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
It isn't though is it, its tongue in cheek. To me it's saying the opposite, its saying that we as a club can pluck undiscovered or under utilised talent and build a fantastic team whilst spending modest amounts of money on unknown / disaffected players rather than superstars like Pogba for £100m and turn them into great players.

With the except of Allison and Virgil, none of these players were stars before they joined Liverpool, they are stars now because of being in a Liverpool team. The article is highlighting that even without the "stars" of Mo and Firmino, the "others" can still step up and deliver. I see that as a positive, the great Liverpool sides of the 70s were filled with so called scally's from Kirkby, Huyton and South Liverpool, they were great footballers but more importantly they had great heart and bottle. I see this team having the same attributes and I think that's the reason why they get through nights like this.

Agree to disagree.  Maybe I'm being overly sensitive but I think people get it jammed in their heads that because a player came from a relegated or midtable club, or because they cost less than £20m, they can't be that good.  You're right in that none of these players were "stars" before they came to Liverpool; to me those comments tell me they think the players still aren't stars though. 

They're giving all the credit to Klopp and none to his team - and even he admits he's created a monster that is capable of things even he didn't think were possible!

I find the comments from Wenger, Mourhino (of all people!), Ferdinand(!) and Guillem Balague to be much more concise and respectful.  They praise the manager, the team and the atmosphere that all made it happen.  Yeah, it probably wouldn't have happened without Klopp, but that doesn't take anything away from his team.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Huytonian

• Kopite
"Luis Suarez is staring into space. To describe it as a thousand-yard stare would be to undersell it by an order of magnitude. Such is the sunkenness of his eyes, the emptiness of his glare, the blankness of his features, it wouldn’t be a surprise if he could see straight into his front room in Uruguay."

“From his expression alone, you wouldn’t know if he were watching a nuclear mushroom cloud, Chamberlain’s declaration of war on Germany or a video on dental etiquette.”

Johnathan Liew

Jesus, that’s majestic
We’re not English. We’re SCOUSE.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
I don't speak Spanish so I've no clue what that lad was saying throughout that video. But I assume he was doing a "Match Day Vlogg" ? I don't get it. I really don't. I genuinely cannot understand the mindset of any "fan" who partakes in that sort of shite. I mean, that was a European Cup semi final. The second biggest fixture in Club football, 2nd only to the final itself.

Even after losing the away leg, I was still buzzing for that game for days. I was glued to every second of it. Keyser Söze could have broke into my gaff and raped and murdered all belonging to me and I probably wouldn't have even noticed. Emotionally, I was completely and utterly hooked. The notion of walking around with a phone interviewing people couldn't have been further from my mind

What am I missing here? Seriously? What goes through the mind of people who do these "vloggs" ? I mean, he clearly fired up i-Movie, edited it, added music, and stuck a few fancy effects in there. How the fuck do you go home and do that after watching your team lose a European cup semi final? Where does that will come from? As I say, if I'm missing something here, someone please point it out to me

Looks like a load of fabricated posturing bollox to me like

I'm not fluent in Spanish either, but I have picked up a few words whilst watching these video's. Firstly 'cuatro' means 'four' in English and 'cero' means 'zero', so I think that means 4-0.  ;D
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
I'd just like to add, I find it both nice and surprising to see there are Spanish Liverpool fans.  It sounds daft I know, but in my own ignorant way I just assumed Spanish football was so tribal that the only way we'd get support over there was if we were playing against a Spanish team they hate.  But fair play, there seem to be a number who love Liverpool regardless of the opposition.

I can imagine there are even a fair few Barca/Liverpool fans who found the result bittersweet for them.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Agree to disagree.  Maybe I'm being overly sensitive but I think people get it jammed in their heads that because a player came from a relegated or midtable club, or because they cost less than £20m, they can't be that good.  You're right in that none of these players were "stars" before they came to Liverpool; to me those comments tell me they think the players still aren't stars though. 

They're giving all the credit to Klopp and none to his team - and even he admits he's created a monster that is capable of things even he didn't think were possible!

I find the comments from Wenger, Mourhino (of all people!), Ferdinand(!) and Guillem Balague to be much more concise and respectful.  They praise the manager, the team and the atmosphere that all made it happen.  Yeah, it probably wouldn't have happened without Klopp, but that doesn't take anything away from his team.

You are being too sensitive, there is no doubt in my mind that the journalist respects the likes of Robertson and what an achievement it was for the ordinary blokes to embarrass Barca, I'm slightly disappointed he didn't mention the Leeds weed Milner who was outstanding, that reverse pass to Shaq for goal 3, wow how clever? The one article that I do find disrespectful is the one from the Daily Telegraph which is weirdly bitter in my view, comes across as being gutted about not writing about a Barca victory.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
I'm not fluent in Spanish either, but I have picked up a few words whilst watching these video's. Firstly 'cuatro' means 'four' in English and 'cero' means 'zero', so I think that means 4-0.  ;D

I heard "Roma" "imposible" "no Firmino, no Salah", "que!?" and "humilliación" a few times in those videos as well! ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
What are you reading and where? We're universally recognized as one of the best teams in the world. Our center half just won PFA player of the year, last year our top goalscorer [also the top goalscorer in the league this year] won the same award,  4 of our players were in the team of the season and that's NOT including the top scorer in the league, bizarrely. The only people suggesting we're 'shite' are one eyed cretins on social media. And if you're taking any interest in their opinion, that's kind of on you really.

I won't count some of our midfielders - Fabinho, Henderson, Gini - all of whom have had fantastic seasons and after Tuesday I don't think I'd swap Fabinho in particular for anyone in the world - but I think it's pretty well recognized that we have one of the best front 3's in the league, it's unarguable statistically that we have the best defence in the league.

There are plenty of forums (especially shocking is those for clubs who are not our rivals in any way) have called Alisson, Matip, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Fabinho etc. average. There are plenty of ignorant knobheads who rinse and repeat crap as if Salah, Mane, Firmino and Van Dijk are our only good players.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
A few places online.  Not talking about the whoppers on GOT or Bluemoon; you wont get an ounce of respect from them no matter what you do.

I've appreciated the comments on Red Café, but the subtext of many complimentary comments is that we're over achieving.  They all agree that we're a better, more cohesive team than they are, with more heart; but there still seems to be a lot of head scratching and a general impression that our squad isn't really all that great.  Nobody's saying our first team is on a par with City's - how the hell could it be? - but there seems to be a desperation to play down what we're doing, and a belief that we're closer in real terms to 3rd/4th/5th than we are to 2nd/1st. 

Arsenal Mania are a bunch of clowns, but I also referred to the Real Geordie - I expected a bit better from him, and his Liverpool supporting mate who doesn't seem to challenge his preconceptions about Klopp's team.

You look at the Barca fans, and there's almost universal respect, not just for this as a one off achievement, but also a recognition that you need more than heart and guts to do what we did the other day.  You also need quality.  Extremists on the likes of GOT will claim Barca are a declining side, and Barca fans will admit the better team won; and that Barca were lucky in the first leg.  But they're not taking anything away from Liverpool in saying that - it still takes quality to beat quality.

This isn't 2005; a lot of these ideas were probably valid back then, but not now.  There is a permanent misconception that Liverpool is less than what it actually is.  to be honest I do blame the internet for that, and also Sly Sports with their very obvious agenda.  They feed to misconception and the internet loves its echo chambers.  I just find it annoying.

Yes, Barcaforum mis-scouted us a bit before the game, but after the tie they've thoroughly accepted that we're better in quality as well. But if you see English forums, they think our side is all heart, running & not much of quality.

Redcafe and Arsenal Mania have been repeating all over about our 'luck' talking about Pickford and Mahrez penalty miss, ignoring that we were denied Mane's legit goal against Arsenal or the lack of luck in mms in Mane's shot against City or how City have been lucky with that mms goal against Burnley. There's no context, it's all narrative about us in those forums.

The common theme is it's all Jurgen, few months ago they were taunting him for no trophies. This internet 'banter' culture or tribalism is tedious.

These are still bad, but readable. We know about Bluemoon and GOT, but a warning to everyone here. I just thought I'd get a preview about CL final in the Spurs forum, but whoa! Don't ever step inside that pile of poison.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 11:02:53 pm by PoetryInMotion »

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
There are plenty of forums (especially shocking is those for clubs who are not our rivals in any way) have called Alisson, Matip, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Fabinho etc. average. There are plenty of ignorant knobheads who rinse and repeat crap as if Salah, Mane, Firmino and Van Dijk are our only good players.

Yeah but that's what forums do isn't it. There's a load of shit about Man City players being rubbish in our forums. I wouldn't worry about it. Klopp doesn't want us to be the best team in the world anyway, he wants us to beat the best teams in the world. So let opposition fans underestimate us and maybe Klopp won't realise he's turned us into the best team in the world. And he'll stay forever.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
Apologies if already shared. ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pkEpLtePJm0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pkEpLtePJm0</a>

This is absolutely beautiful.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Yeah but that's what forums do isn't it. There's a load of shit about Man City players being rubbish in our forums. I wouldn't worry about it. Klopp doesn't want us to be the best team in the world anyway, he wants us to beat the best teams in the world. So let opposition fans underestimate us and maybe Klopp won't realise he's turned us into the best team in the world. And he'll stay forever.

I'd like to inject this post into my veins  ;D

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan

This! I had to laugh at a United forum, redcafe or whatever, about twelve months ago completely baffled at how Liverpool were blowing teams away with such an 'average' midfield of Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Lallana etc. Whereas in reality these guys are the reason why the attack was functioning so well. I remember a while ago watching Milner come on at Anfield for Man City when they were 2-0 down and he completely changed the game, they came back to 2-2 despite loosing the game he was so influential. He's been a great signing, massive, yet I don't hear that from United fans. I have however heard it from an Arsenal fan who said they should have gone for him - he was FREE FFS!

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
This! I had to laugh at a United forum, redcafe or whatever, about twelve months ago completely baffled at how Liverpool were blowing teams away with such an 'average' midfield of Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Lallana etc. Whereas in reality these guys are the reason why the attack was functioning so well. I remember a while ago watching Milner come on at Anfield for Man City when they were 2-0 down and he completely changed the game, they came back to 2-2 despite loosing the game he was so influential. He's been a great signing, massive, yet I don't hear that from United fans. I have however heard it from an Arsenal fan who said they should have gone for him - he was FREE FFS!

Milner is the absolute wild card. I still have no idea how we would replace him when he leaves (in an year? or two?).

Need an intense midfield? Put him in. Does the job. Always on the heels. Pain in the arse for the opposition.
Need him to advance the ball? Put him in. He'll get the ball in and put it into the box. Pain in the arse for the opposition.
Left Back not available? Put him in. Pain in the arse for the opposition.
Right Back not available? 2nd choice also not available? Put him in. Handles it all the same.
Need to switch with winger? Put him in and he will do a job.

And so on..

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan

These are still bad, but readable. We know about Bluemoon and GOT, but a warning to everyone here. I just thought I'd get a preview about CL final in the Spurs forum, but whoa! Don't ever step inside that pile of poison.

All excellent points.  Shame about this bit though.  We don't really have a rivalry with Spurs so I'm hoping for a good atmosphere and an excellent game.  Seems they've bought into the very narrative I'm complaining about though.

Like Milner being the "City reject" when he actually chose to leave them, and chose to come to us.  I so desperately want him to win something with us, it's so deserved.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Milner is the absolute wild card. I still have no idea how we would replace him when he leaves (in an year? or two?).

Need an intense midfield? Put him in. Does the job. Always on the heels. Pain in the arse for the opposition.
Need him to advance the ball? Put him in. He'll get the ball in and put it into the box. Pain in the arse for the opposition.
Right Back not available? 2nd choice also not available? Put him in. Handles it all the same.

And so on..

Aye Milner, they gave it to him in injury time the other night at about 3:40, with 5 minutes of injury time - I said straight away as soon as it went to him, we've won it. In contrast Ajax had what 30 seconds to wind down and lost it. Been a massive player for us, would love to see him win this cup.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
American kids reacting to the match.  Made especially cruel because one of them knew the result and the other didn't!

"Ohhh!  I hope he gets a colour!"  (meaning a card!) :lmao

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1I-4Np1O0qM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1I-4Np1O0qM</a>
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 12:49:22 am by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
I think its more than just that. No one has been able to get Origi, Coutinho, Reus, Kagawa, Sahin, Matip, Mane, and even Saleh performing like the way they are performing under Klopp. Put any of our squad in any other team and they will not be performing like they are now.

Klopp gets them playing as one machine. They all have a job to do as part of the machine and no-one is allowed to be idle (think of Pogba swanning about or other players that produce a bit of magic then walk around as if their work is done) or rest on the laurels of their previous performances.  E.g. just because Salah scores 40 odd goals last season, he’s still expected to do his part in defending. They all work together from the first whistle to the last. It’s harder than it sounds getting 11 people thinking that way at the same time (Hazard said recently in an interview that he’s not the type of player to track back or defend. He wouldn’t get a game at Liverpool if that was his attitude here).
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
I don’t know if it’s already been mentioned but the thing I noticed about the two teams was a huge difference in height that really played in our favour especially during tackles and crosses.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
I don’t know if it’s already been mentioned but the thing I noticed about the two teams was a huge difference in height that really played in our favour especially during tackles and crosses.

It didn't go unnoticed. According to GOT all our players are apparently 6 4. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It didn't go unnoticed. According to GOT all our players are apparently 6 4. ;D

well - we are fucking mentality giants after all

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
Are people hating?

The post you were defending with literally your very last comment was.

That's one hell of a short term memory problem you've got there  ;D

Offline andywilko

• Anny Roader
  • Thank You

And so on..
100% this. And that's just the on-field stuff. Also the leadership, standard-setting, fitness approach. We've got a whole team of mentality monsters now, but you have to have a core to start it and to keep it going in the tough times.
And with such simplicity,
The European Cup, surely, is won.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
I don't speak Spanish so I've no clue what that lad was saying throughout that video. But I assume he was doing a "Match Day Vlogg" ? I don't get it. I really don't. I genuinely cannot understand the mindset of any "fan" who partakes in that sort of shite. I mean, that was a European Cup semi final. The second biggest fixture in Club football, 2nd only to the final itself.

Even after losing the away leg, I was still buzzing for that game for days. I was glued to every second of it. Keyser Söze could have broke into my gaff and raped and murdered all belonging to me and I probably wouldn't have even noticed. Emotionally, I was completely and utterly hooked. The notion of walking around with a phone interviewing people couldn't have been further from my mind

What am I missing here? Seriously? What goes through the mind of people who do these "vloggs" ? I mean, he clearly fired up i-Movie, edited it, added music, and stuck a few fancy effects in there. How the fuck do you go home and do that after watching your team lose a European cup semi final? Where does that will come from? As I say, if I'm missing something here, someone please point it out to me

Looks like a load of fabricated posturing bollox to me like

Couldn’t agree more.

The answer to your question though is of course ‘attention.’

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan

Mourinho (especially during the durations he is not the MU or chelsea manager) has been really appreciative of the anfield factor loads of times.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah I've gone on the same YouTube journey ;D that was brilliant.

Why would this guy watch the game with his Real Madrid supporting friend? It's so beautiful when it unfolds.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9GluMgHBxIw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9GluMgHBxIw</a>

Because he thought it would be a cake walk, its the sort of thing an Evertonian would do!  ;D

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
You are being too sensitive, there is no doubt in my mind that the journalist respects the likes of Robertson and what an achievement it was for the ordinary blokes to embarrass Barca, I'm slightly disappointed he didn't mention the Leeds weed Milner who was outstanding, that reverse pass to Shaq for goal 3, wow how clever? The one article that I do find disrespectful is the one from the Daily Telegraph which is weirdly bitter in my view, comes across as being gutted about not writing about a Barca victory.

Fair enough.  Like I say, agree to disagree.  From my perspective it seems a fair number are just finding a way to love Klopp whilst still hating Liverpool. ;D

Mourinho (especially during the durations he is not the MU or chelsea manager) has been really appreciative of the anfield factor loads of times.

At times like this I think you see the ones who can rise above the rivalry because they love the sport.  Mourhino is addicted to the game, albeit in a somewhat self destructive manner.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm ever going to finish reading this whole thread!  It'll  have to be pinned or archived at some point!

Popcorn's Art

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
I think Klopp and Mourinho both value the mentality aspect of football above all else they just approach getting their team to that point from completely different places
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
I've lost count of how many replays, highlights, camera angles, interviews, press conferences, and pundits reactions I've watched in the last 4 days. One of the many great things about this club is our ability to achieve incredible results like this, and to keep adding to our legacy of the best stadium and spirit in football.

There's been a lot of talk (far too much in my view) about rival fan's views on our league and champions league campaigns, but surely the only views that really count are our own fans, and the ex-pros that really know the game (regardless of their club allegiances), and almost without exception we are being praised from the rooftops for our resilience, character, heart, and fight (and rightly so).

What makes it so memorable is that the game could not have been scripted better if we tried - a European night at Anfield needing a miracle, key players missing, Suarez taking out Robertson meaning Wijnadum comes on and then scores two, Origi showing us his worth, Trent with one of the cheekiest corners in history, and Messi kept quiet for almost the whole match.

The look on Barca's faces at 2-0 was just like Milan in 2005 - that horrible realisation of 'surely we can't lose it from here', which then just got worse at 3-0 as the confidence and belief visibly drained from their whole team. To see one of the greatest sides in the world collapse so spectacularly under our pressure just shows the power of Anfield and the incredible job that Klopp has done with the this squad. Now lets win the thing and make this season even more memorable.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Because this was the champions league - the coverage of this event and the comeback was global - and it's been fun to watch all the highlights and clips from different commentators in different languages. it of course eclipses a big come back in an EPL game - and even a big win in the EPL against a top rival (for example the chelsea win with Salah's rocket - was highlighted everywhere - but that was just one play).

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
Is ace that mate thanks for the link.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
I've lost count of how many replays, highlights, camera angles, interviews, press conferences, and pundits reactions I've watched in the last 4 days. One of the many great things about this club is our ability to achieve incredible results like this, and to keep adding to our legacy of the best stadium and spirit in football.

There's been a lot of talk (far too much in my view) about rival fan's views on our league and champions league campaigns, but surely the only views that really count are our own fans, and the ex-pros that really know the game (regardless of their club allegiances), and almost without exception we are being praised from the rooftops for our resilience, character, heart, and fight (and rightly so).

What makes it so memorable is that the game could not have been scripted better if we tried - a European night at Anfield needing a miracle, key players missing, Suarez taking out Robertson meaning Wijnadum comes on and then scores two, Origi showing us his worth, Trent with one of the cheekiest corners in history, and Messi kept quiet for almost the whole match.

The look on Barca's faces at 2-0 was just like Milan in 2005 - that horrible realisation of 'surely we can't lose it from here', which then just got worse at 3-0 as the confidence and belief visibly drained from their whole team. To see one of the greatest sides in the world collapse so spectacularly under our pressure just shows the power of Anfield and the incredible job that Klopp has done with the this squad. Now lets win the thing and make this season even more memorable.

This. I didn’t want to pronounce a view until I had watched and analysed it again as the tension of the moment is overwhelming and must cloud judgment, I thought.  Having now reviewed, I think Barca are so good technically they will always be a handful, but they did not like being bossed, and were f*cked by the second half.  The 31 seconds between kick off after our second and Gini rising for our third casts them in the most pathetic light - broken, passing without any determination, conceding possession spinelessly, failing to get in any challenges, and failing to challenge aerieally.  They are still good enough that they caused us I think 3 genuine flutters in the second half, but the reality is you watch the second half and see that we have broken them.  And I am not sure many others could do that.

PS credit to our fans. Especially calling Suarez a cheat and telling him repeatedly to f*ck off.  He didn’t show much after that, and fluffed a good chance.  Impressively quick to turn on a legend who was definitely not deserving of any continued support or admiration

Offline van151

• Kemlynite
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OC8_tLa7zK8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OC8_tLa7zK8</a>

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

PS credit to our fans. Especially calling Suarez a cheat and telling him repeatedly to f*ck off.  He didn’t show much after that, and fluffed a good chance.  Impressively quick to turn on a legend who was definitely not deserving of any continued support or admiration
He's no legend.