Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 404118 times)

Offline BTGH

• Main Stander
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #3560 on: February 25, 2020, 06:37:13 AM »
Did really well when he came on. He brought some much needed energy to the midfield, and the front 3 improved drastically when he started looking to link up with them.

Play him in midfield every time please.

he looks much more comfortable and productive when he is on the right of a midfield 3, instead of on the left of a front 3.  The midfield position allows him to drive forwards with the ball and get into shooting positions.  Always looks ineffective when he plays in the Mane position

Offline UNO

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3561 on: February 25, 2020, 07:32:10 AM »
When Henderson is not playing, we need Ox’s energy to replace him! A Keita, Fab, Win midfield is very good technically but lacks a bit of energy to drive the team forward. Ox speed up the game with his running and carrying the ball forward, opening up more spaces for the front 3!

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas
  • Believer
« Reply #3562 on: February 25, 2020, 07:36:19 AM »
His long passing and crossing is brilliant.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #3563 on: February 25, 2020, 08:18:03 AM »
Changed the game.

Keita couldn’t get into it for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 08:20:46 AM by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #3564 on: February 25, 2020, 08:35:40 AM »
I'd imagine he was pissed at not starting yesterday.  And you can see where he's coming from.

The most goals outside of the front 3.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3565 on: February 25, 2020, 12:07:35 PM »
I'd imagine he was pissed at not starting yesterday.  And you can see where he's coming from.

I was reading an interview of his yesterday and he was saying how happy he was he had started so many games in a row lately, probably the biggest number in his career and then the lineup dropped  ;D

He was exactly was needed yesterday. Really good contribution.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #3566 on: February 25, 2020, 12:15:52 PM »
His touch was sublime yesterday.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker.
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3567 on: February 25, 2020, 12:24:03 PM »

We have to be careful with him and after getting his knee jarred against AM the boss was never going to start him last night.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline hesbighesred

• But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #3568 on: February 25, 2020, 12:32:57 PM »
Ox speed up the game with his running and carrying the ball forward, opening up more spaces for the front 3!
He's amazing as an 8 when the game's more stretched - as is Hendo, for that matter. Interesting post from Yorky in the Keita thread saying the latter excels when there's no space, which I think Oxlade (and indeed Hendo) sometimes struggle with a little as 8s.

He certainly suited the game-state when he came on because he was excellent, really driving at West Ham and always looking to be positive on the ball.

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer