Author Topic: Barcelona away, May 1st.  (Read 61524 times)

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Barcelona away, May 1st.
« Reply #400 on: May 2, 2019, 08:50:27 pm »
We should out up a 30ft perspex screen in front of their fans on Tuesday, topped with netting.  Give them some of their own medicine. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #401 on: May 2, 2019, 09:07:12 pm »
And UEFA rate this stadium as 5 star?? Beyond a joke. They should be made to look at ALL aspects of grounds and not just the VIP bits

Was literally just on the phone saying this to a friend, they clearly just check out the VIP area and don't set foot in the away end, no way should stadiums like this be passed as acceptable for the CL. £76 for that - and imagine paying full price! :o
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline 6 Euros

• Soon to be worth about a tenner!
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #402 on: May 2, 2019, 10:42:46 pm »
Did anyone have their name checked against the name on the ticket?
"The whole of my life, what they wanted was honesty. They were not concerned with cultured football, but with triers who gave one hundred percent." Bob Paisley on the Kop

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #403 on: May 2, 2019, 10:46:50 pm »
I wasn’t checked don’t think anyone was more bollocks from Barca making the ticket office write 4600 names down on tickets and the tickets were the flimsiest I have ever had one grade above photocopy paper
Kenny Godglish

Offline RedSue

• Anny Roader
« Reply #404 on: May 2, 2019, 11:00:37 pm »

Don’t think they checked names - we went in early and not checked when they had time to do, and didn’t speak to anyone that had.

That away end wouldn’t pass H&S over here, especially the steps with lumps of concrete missing.

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #405 on: May 2, 2019, 11:54:57 pm »
Just got back. Steered clear of Las Ramblas and didn't see any Police out there at all. Mate of mine had his ticket dipped on the metro, I've told him to contact the club tomorrow in case of any repercussions later down the line.

The Stadium is reminiscent of a car park, concrete all over the show and the view wasn't great behind that screen. Other than that it was a good trip with plenty of ale and tapas along the way with plenty of friendly faces.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: May 3, 2019, 07:48:15 am »
We should out up a 30ft perspex screen in front of their fans on Tuesday, topped with netting.  Give them some of their own medicine. 

Put them in cherry pickers above the main stand ;D

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #407 on: May 3, 2019, 08:38:30 am »

No
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: May 3, 2019, 08:56:09 am »
Just got back. Steered clear of Las Ramblas and didn't see any Police out there at all. Mate of mine had his ticket dipped on the metro, I've told him to contact the club tomorrow in case of any repercussions later down the line.

The Stadium is reminiscent of a car park, concrete all over the show and the view wasn't great behind that screen. Other than that it was a good trip with plenty of ale and tapas along the way with plenty of friendly faces.

Assume he ended up missing the game? I wonder if the LFC liaison officer that's meant to be near the turnstiles (?) can help with this kind of thing?
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: May 3, 2019, 08:56:41 am »

Nope. We went early. Checked with people that went even earlier and later, absolutely nobody got checked. Guy stood next to the scanners barely paid attention.
YNWA.

Offline Fowler1070

• Main Stander
« Reply #410 on: May 3, 2019, 10:03:34 am »
We had a nightmare, one us had our purse stolen on metro (me), another had his passport taken and another group lost match tickets.   Disaster of a trip.   Mate is stuck there until Monday an the earliest.   

Hope everyone else stayed safe.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #411 on: May 3, 2019, 11:03:58 am »
Had a great trip, met lots of people, lots of ale drank and didn't encounter any bother at all, even tho the police did their best to provoke people at times.  Spent quite a while at Placa Reial before the match and everyone was just having a good time mixing with all the Barca fans, same at up at the sh1thole of their ground.  The Barca fans seemed to love joining in with all the Liverpool songs.

Sat in with all the Barca fans in Gol Nord behind their so called 'ultras'.  Plenty of Liverpool around, some even with tops on and no one bat an eye lid.

Only saw 1 incident at the ground where a scouse guy was shouting at a local to give him his money back, had obviously been sold a fake ticket and then on the metro on the way back an old guy tried to unzip someones bag and he was soon pushed off the metro at the next stop by all the Liverpool fans.

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #412 on: May 3, 2019, 12:13:57 pm »
Great trip with the added bonus of a few hours in Valencia yesterday afternoon.

Placa Reial was ok but not up there with the best away atmospheres of the season, headed off to the ground early and spent a while in one of their Ultra's bars about 200 yards from the ground, loads of flags and bouncing with their lot who were happy to have a go on our banners too.

Got bought a few bevvies of a group of their lads who'll be having the favour returned next Monday night in town
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #413 on: May 3, 2019, 12:38:50 pm »
Apparently it kicked off on Tues afternoon in Placa Reial, after a tourist was pushed into the fountain - police waded in and booted everyone out the square. It was fine there on match day though - singing in the sunshine, with tapas and a few bevvies !

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #414 on: May 3, 2019, 01:09:05 pm »
We had a nightmare, one us had our purse stolen on metro (me), another had his passport taken and another group lost match tickets.

No offence meant like but that sounds really careless given everyone knows to keep valuables safe and be vigilant especially in crowded areas in Barca or on public transport.

We also had a great time overall, no trouble and the weather was boss.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: May 3, 2019, 01:39:52 pm »
Apparently it kicked off on Tues afternoon in Placa Reial, after a tourist was pushed into the fountain - police waded in and booted everyone out the square. It was fine there on match day though - singing in the sunshine, with tapas and a few bevvies !

We were there sat at one of the bars on the side, everyone seemed to be having a great time then suddenly there was a baton surge from the police. The videos of the fountain incident don’t look as busy as it was then, so I don’t think the fountain thing caused it, from what people were saying it was due to people throwing beers around. All got a bit moody after with fans pushed onto Las Ramblas, we went back to our hotel then headed to the pub for the Spurs game. Wednesday the square seemed fine but we only stayed for a bit then headed to BOSS night. When we got to the ground we sat and chatted with some Barca supporters outside on the grass had a lovely time. We do have some dickheads in our support though (I met a few on this trip), like all teams,  incidents in Munich and Barca should mean we aren’t complacent.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: May 3, 2019, 02:05:21 pm »
Great trip, shame about the match.

Having missed Porto, the difference between the German and Spanish police stood out even more to me. Treated like human beings in Germany, allowed to mix with the Bayern fans and actually leave the ground when the match has ended. Meanwhile in that shite concrete bowl of a ground in Spain, they keep us in for ages meaning loads of us couldn't get the metro as they stopped, and we had to either go on an hour walk or hope to flag down a taxi. It creates an aura of hostility and confrontation straight away, which is bad especially when there's a lot of alcohol in the system.

Few dickheads in the square as usual in the big allocation aways, bellends with Winston Churchill tattoos lashing bevvies around like a bunch of cockney dickheads, people wearing Rangers shirts (wtf) and some lad with blue smoke bombs. Everyone knows about the fountain stuff, no point going on about it, although the media coverage compared to videos the same night of Spurs and Ajax fans fighting in the streets is... Interesting. Almost as if there's an agenda out there, although you get accused of playing the victim if you mention the double standards. Not sure if the group of people selling bevvy (some of whom got lashed in the fountain) all work together, but they were out on the rob stealing people's cans and bags, then trying to sell them at the other side of the square. We caught one of them walking off with ours and got it back.

Anyway, caught the sun, drunk a lot of sangria, ticked another stadium off the list, and had a laugh with mates which is what the European aways are all about really. Up the reds, and looking forward to next year, fingers crossed for some good group stage aways next time.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: May 3, 2019, 02:22:03 pm »
Stadium is fucked - they are doing it up starting next season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfsxpnLXSxg

Long time coming

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: May 3, 2019, 04:36:23 pm »
Meanwhile in that shite concrete bowl of a ground in Spain, they keep us in for ages meaning loads of us couldn't get the metro as they stopped, and we had to either go on an hour walk or hope to flag down a taxi. It creates an aura of hostility and confrontation straight away, which is bad especially when there's a lot of alcohol in the system.

Thought the hold back was ok. 30 mins. Home fans emptied pretty quickly (if you remember the nightmare of Belgrade!). They said 30 and it was so ok with me.

I got a fast walk on and by the sounds of it got lucky as got on the metro, bit of space and back quickly.
Normally everywhere we go has the metro stay late after a game. Barca metro runs late anyway or just that line doesn’t? Shite planning if so by them. Asking for a tense time isn’t it.

I did like those tuktuk bike people. One wanted 60 euro back to the centre!

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: May 3, 2019, 04:51:20 pm »
Thought the hold back was ok. 30 mins. Home fans emptied pretty quickly (if you remember the nightmare of Belgrade!). They said 30 and it was so ok with me.

I got a fast walk on and by the sounds of it got lucky as got on the metro, bit of space and back quickly.
Normally everywhere we go has the metro stay late after a game. Barca metro runs late anyway or just that line doesn’t? Shite planning if so by them. Asking for a tense time isn’t it.

I did like those tuktuk bike people. One wanted 60 euro back to the centre!

Think we must have been in the station just before it shut as everyone was queuing for tix and then they opened the gate and told everyone to ‘GO!’ so we all got a free trip back.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #420 on: May 3, 2019, 05:11:46 pm »
ticket collection all went sweet over there at the team hotel, they are defo gearing up for 100% collection in the near future though !

lady admitted they got the text and e-mail unique number bit wrong and rectified it with an email after it working well for Porto.

didnt have any of out lot checked for name on ticket at the ground, pritty easy search and straight in after. ground is like a carpark though !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #421 on: May 3, 2019, 06:08:06 pm »
ticket collection all went sweet over there at the team hotel, they are defo gearing up for 100% collection in the near future though !

You say this everytime. What makes you think that?

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: May 3, 2019, 06:23:29 pm »
Assume he ended up missing the game? I wonder if the LFC liaison officer that's meant to be near the turnstiles (?) can help with this kind of thing?

Yes he missed the match. He was stood outside with about 50 other supporters who said they'd bought tickets from the club but couldn't get in. I spoke to a steward from the club outside the ground and he said their was nothing they could do because they've got no influence with Barcelona.

No offence meant like but that sounds really careless given everyone knows to keep valuables safe and be vigilant especially in crowded areas in Barca or on public transport.

I've been to Barca 3 times and I didn't know anything about that until the 2nd time I went. 2 lads I know were mugged outside the Nou Camp after buying tickets outside the ground the day before the match and another lad had his wallet nicked. Mad to think it's the 4 most visited City in Europe and they have such a big problem with it.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2019, 06:30:15 pm by Alf »

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: May 3, 2019, 07:44:39 pm »

No.

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #424 on: May 3, 2019, 08:52:45 pm »

lady admitted they got the text and e-mail unique number bit wrong and rectified it with an email after it working well for Porto.

didnt have any of out lot checked for name on ticket at the ground, pritty easy search and straight in after. ground is like a carpark though !
My mate was talking about collection at the team hotel, what’s the craic here?
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline U13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: May 3, 2019, 09:25:10 pm »
Had a great time.

Had a look around the city at a lot of Gaudi's work, had a bizarre moment when I was on the top of the Palau Guelle with Allez, Allez, Allez ringing out in the background from the fans gathered on Las Ramblas. Went to the park and the beach as well.

Spent ages speaking to resellers but eventually got a ticket in the Gol Nord with the Barca fans from the Barca site. There were a few reds around me but the locals weren't arsed apart from when one of them was being a prick and confrontational with a local he thought was in his seat.

First time at the camp nou and I was gobsmacked by how derelict it is, it literally looks like it's crumbling.

Offline Fowler1070

• Main Stander
« Reply #426 on: May 3, 2019, 11:54:55 pm »

No offence taken, thank you for taking the time to post

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #427 on: May 4, 2019, 11:21:12 am »
You say this everytime. What makes you think that?

as someone who preferes collection in the host city as an option, every time i have the chance to talk to people from LFC about collections, they tell me that they are aiming for 100% collection if possible in the host city.

the lady i spoke to in Barca said the set up in Porto and Barcelona is working for them. they had problems for Barca with the unique reference number being different in texts and e-mails, were as it was fine for Porto. they are going to look into rectifiying that for next season. she also told me the ultimate goal is to stop touting and if their system does that it will be implimented in the future.

hope that helps you, but you could always ask yourself if needed.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #428 on: May 4, 2019, 11:25:42 am »
My mate was talking about collection at the team hotel, what’s the craic here?

I had to collect tickets at the hotel as the club could not send the tickets to me overseas on time. i was not selected to collect from the 600.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #429 on: May 4, 2019, 12:58:44 pm »
I was gobsmacked by how derelict it is, it literally looks like it's crumbling.
Because it is!! Bits of concrete missing in places, railings and seat back rusty..... deffo needs work or there will be a disaster there at this rate  Shows how effective UEFA's star system is for grounds! ::)
We are a team of one half.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: May 4, 2019, 01:19:51 pm »
Because it is!! Bits of concrete missing in places, railings and seat back rusty..... deffo needs work or there will be a disaster there at this rate  Shows how effective UEFA's star system is for grounds! ::)

Went on the tour a few years back, thought they were supposed to be building a new stadium
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: May 4, 2019, 11:01:05 pm »
It's not a new stadium. They're basically doing a 2-4 year plan of slowly updating each section of the ground. They plan to have a roof etc too.

Can't polish a turd...
YNWA.

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: May 6, 2019, 05:37:27 pm »
as someone who preferes collection in the host city as an option, every time i have the chance to talk to people from LFC about collections, they tell me that they are aiming for 100% collection if possible in the host city.

the lady i spoke to in Barca said the set up in Porto and Barcelona is working for them. they had problems for Barca with the unique reference number being different in texts and e-mails, were as it was fine for Porto. they are going to look into rectifiying that for next season. she also told me the ultimate goal is to stop touting and if their system does that it will be implimented in the future.

Should do it for Prem away games as well then...

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: May 6, 2019, 05:40:04 pm »
It's not a new stadium. They're basically doing a 2-4 year plan of slowly updating each section of the ground. They plan to have a roof etc too.

Can't polish a turd...

There's plenty of room for improvement even the away end at Newcastle was better.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: May 6, 2019, 05:54:16 pm »
Should do it for Prem away games as well then...

Completely unrealistic that though isn't it?

Offline NickoH

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: May 7, 2019, 08:00:09 am »

Why?

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: May 7, 2019, 08:29:51 am »

I agree it will be a massive Ball ache but the lot down the old lancs road do it

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: May 7, 2019, 08:53:17 am »
I agree it will be a massive Ball ache but the lot down the old lancs road do it

Do they do it for all tickets now? I knew they were doing a percentage and if you don't pick it up you're basically excommunicated.

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: May 7, 2019, 09:07:51 am »
Do they do it for all tickets now? I knew they were doing a percentage and if you don't pick it up you're basically excommunicated.

Someone told me it was all tickets but obviously don't know 100% and you get loyalty just for applying even if unsuccessful but as you say get penalized if you then don't collect the tickets

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #439 on: May 7, 2019, 09:12:26 am »
Yeah European away is 100% collection for them. You get 1 credit for applying then another if you actually get a ticket. Don't collect you lose everything