Author Topic: Barcelona away, May 1st.  (Read 61747 times)

Online Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Barcelona away, May 1st.
« Reply #360 on: May 1, 2019, 10:12:20 am »
Hope the club issues life bans to the feral rats identified misbehaving on the video.
100% mate, fucking wankers for doing that to the fella. Been arguing with people all morning over it, not by defending them obviously but as usual it opens it up to all the stereotypical lines that comes with anulything to do with us

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: May 1, 2019, 10:18:42 am »
Seen a few incidents I’ve been saddened by. Police are definitely exacerbating things. Unnecessarily making things seem like it’s on edge plus alcohol is not a great idea.

Just had a great croissant though. Now to somehow blag my way imo the ground...
« Last Edit: May 1, 2019, 10:20:26 am by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Online Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: May 1, 2019, 10:40:20 am »
Only takes a couple of to drag down the name of the club when thousands are being no bother. Good luck getting in mate [emoji106]

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: May 1, 2019, 10:59:57 am »
Hope the club issues life bans to the feral rats identified misbehaving on the video.

Life ban from what? Planes?

Offline Lfcameron7

• Anny Roader
  • Na na na Liverpool, Liverpool na na na

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #365 on: May 1, 2019, 12:45:19 pm »
Placa Reial is absolutely fine for anyone worried. Sun is out, beer is flowing and Liverpool fans gathering having a good time. Not a hint of bother

Online Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #366 on: May 1, 2019, 12:51:10 pm »
Life ban from what? Planes?

The club can’t ban them from planes but they can ban them from Anfield.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #367 on: May 1, 2019, 01:33:52 pm »
His point is that they probably don’t go (to Anfield).

I’m not condoning whatever happened, haven’t seen the vids, but it must be a very slow news days when ‘man pushed into a fountain’ is a headline on the bbc.

Online Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: May 1, 2019, 01:49:24 pm »

I’m not condoning whatever happened, haven’t seen the vids, but it must be a very slow news days when ‘man pushed into a fountain’ is a headline on the bbc.

Must be even slower news day now mate as not picking up our rubbish is a thing now apparently [emoji23]

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: May 1, 2019, 02:02:53 pm »

Must be even slower news day now mate as not picking up our rubbish is a thing now apparently
I hope nobody’s worn the same pair of bills two days running. Newsnight special on the way if so.

Online Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: May 1, 2019, 02:08:53 pm »
I hope nobody’s worn the same pair of bills two days running. Newsnight special on the way if so.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #371 on: May 1, 2019, 02:32:47 pm »

Maybe you try watching it then, watching the arse sneaking up behind the guy and throwing him in while others sat around laughing and making comments about where he comes from. Not so very long ago people were condemning Chelsea fans for something similar, it amazes me how when its one of our own suddenly its not so serious. I hope the knob gets a ban, he certainly deserves one.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #372 on: May 1, 2019, 02:35:02 pm »
Maybe you try watching it then, watching the arse sneaking up behind the guy and throwing him in while others sat around laughing and making comments about where he comes from. Not so very long ago people were condemning Chelsea fans for something similar, it amazes me how when its one of our own suddenly its not so serious. I hope the knob gets a ban, he certainly deserves one.
Couldn't agree more here, a few Reds not taking this as seriously as they should

Online 1964allezallezallez

• Main Stander
« Reply #373 on: May 1, 2019, 02:44:39 pm »
Where are the people who don’t have tickets watching the match

Online Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: May 1, 2019, 03:07:55 pm »
Couldn't agree more here, a few Reds not taking this as seriously as they should
No Red is going to condone what they've done, it's bang out of order but the push isn't worth the headlines it's getting imo. The Mr Myagi comment is though but obviously Red Mist doesn't know about that which isn't surprising as all media seems to be calling out the push Instead for some reason.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: May 1, 2019, 03:11:31 pm »
No Red is going to condone what they've done, it's bang out of order but the push isn't worth the headlines it's getting imo. The Mr Myagi comment is though but obviously Red Mist doesn't know about that which isn't surprising as all media seems to be calling out the push Instead for some reason.
This behaviour simply isn't acceptable and I've seen a number of reds push it aside instead of condemning it for what it is 

Online Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: May 1, 2019, 03:17:34 pm »
This behaviour simply isn't acceptable and I've seen a number of reds push it aside instead of condemning it for what it is
Totally agree that it's not acceptable. I've condemned it already but I'm not going to let it ruin the build up to the game by slagging them off all day though.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: May 1, 2019, 03:19:47 pm »
Totally agree that it's not acceptable. I've condemned it already but I'm not going to let it ruin the build up to the game by slagging them off all day though.
Agreed seems most Reds out there aren't involved

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #378 on: May 1, 2019, 03:21:20 pm »

Whether you think it's been overblown or not, we (still) live in a world where football supporters (and particularly, English football supporters) are perceived by the authorities, the media, and wider society, to be drunken louts and hooligans. That's a stereotype and a generalisation that we've been fighting against for literally decades now, and instances like this, whether you think they're relatively minor or not, only add fuel to that particular negative narrative, and it explodes into a huge story. We see it time and again. If the same thing happened with travelling rugby fans it would be just as shameful and embarrassing, but there would be no uproar or media headlines, because that isn't the narrative. Drunken football fans acting like the stereotype that many have for them, is. Those involved need outing and the requisite action should be taken against them. Beyond that, it's hugely fucking frustrating that as a club we can travel on mass, with regularity, come away with nothing but kind words and respect for our collective behaviour time after time, and then one gang of knobheads like this lot turn up and all of that is forgotten in an instant. If we do get through the semi, it does make me worry about what Madrid looks like.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2019, 03:23:06 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: May 1, 2019, 03:22:09 pm »

As I said, I’m not condoning it. They sound like scumbags. It just seemed an odd front page headline.  If it’s bad then I take your word for it Jill.

Oddly enough, a similar thing happened in the same square in 2001. I was with Jason67, one of your co-comms when a somewhat worse for wear local kept coming up to the tables in the square where all the reds were having a cerveza and was generally causing a nuisance of himself (not saying that’s the same with this fella). Anyway, eventually someone (not with us) snapped, picked him up and dunked him in the fountain. At which point one of our group, Gus, goes “That’s a bit unnecessary”, which resulted in him being verbally abused by the fountain dunker’s mate along the lines of “F@ck off degree boy” ;D (presumably as Gus was wearing glasses!). This made us all laugh, a lot, at Gus’s expense of course (he still gets called ‘degree boy’ to this day). He then accused ST holding, L4 born & bred Gus of not knowing where Anfield was, which only made it even funnier.  We left the fountain dunker and his daft mate to it not long after.  Always get the odd idiot is the point.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: May 1, 2019, 03:24:25 pm »
Whether you think it's been overblown or not, we (still) live in a world where football supporters (and particularly, English football supporters) are perceived by the authorities, the media, and wider society, to be drunken louts and hooligans. That's a stereotype and a generalisation that we've been fighting against for literally decades now, and instances like this, whether you think they're minor or not, only add fuel to that particular negative narrative, and it explodes into a huge story. We see it time and again. If the same thing happened with travelling rugby fans it would be just as shameful and embarrassing, but there would be no uproar or media headlines, because that isn't the narrative. Drunken football fans acting like the stereotype that many have for them, is. Those involved need outing and the requisite action should be taken against them. Beyond that, it's hugely fucking frustrating that as a club we can travel on mass, with regularity, come away with nothing but kind words and respect for our collective behaviour time after time, and then one gang of knobheads like this lot turn up and all of that is forgotten in an instant. If we do get through the semi, it does make me worry about what Madrid looks like.
I hope if we come through Barca, Ajax are waiting. 70k+ Liverpool and Spurs fans in the same city ...

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #381 on: May 1, 2019, 03:30:00 pm »
I hope if we come through Barca, Ajax are waiting. 70k+ Liverpool and Spurs fans in the same city ...

Agreed, but not even just that, I mean what our crowd looks like as well. I swerved Athens 12 years ago. Hoping this one (if it happens) doesn't look like that.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: May 1, 2019, 03:32:06 pm »
Agreed, but not even just that, I mean what our crowd looks like as well. I swerved Athens 12 years ago. Hoping this one (if it happens) doesn't look like that.
Yes no doubt, one of the benefits of a destination like Kyiv is that usually only those with tickets bother with the trouble of going. Madrid is very accessible and is probably worth the weekend ticket or not, I was very tempted myself!

Online Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: May 1, 2019, 03:36:17 pm »

Whether you think it's been overblown or not, we (still) live in a world where football supporters (and particularly, English football supporters) are perceived by the authorities, the media, and wider society, to be drunken louts and hooligans. That's a stereotype and a generalisation that we've been fighting against for literally decades now, and instances like this, whether you think they're relatively minor or not, only add fuel to that particular negative narrative, and it explodes into a huge story. We see it time and again. If the same thing happened with travelling rugby fans it would be just as shameful and embarrassing, but there would be no uproar or media headlines, because that isn't the narrative. Drunken football fans acting like the stereotype that many have for them, is. Those involved need outing and the requisite action should be taken against them. Beyond that, it's hugely fucking frustrating that as a club we can travel on mass, with regularity, come away with nothing but kind words and respect for our collective behaviour time after time, and then one gang of knobheads like this lot turn up and all of that is forgotten in an instant. If we do get through the semi, it does make me worry about what Madrid looks like.

That's the annoying part about it, couple of incidents among thousands of supporters and Liverpools reputation is ruined again. I didn't say it was a minor incident though, just that media outlets wouldn't be all posting about it if it was any other clubs fans, if it was say Arsenal fans they would of treated it like a minor incident and barely a mention would of been made imo. But that's just my opinion.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #384 on: May 1, 2019, 03:59:28 pm »
As I said, I’m not condoning it. They sound like scumbags. It just seemed an odd front page headline.  If it’s bad then I take your word for it Jill.

Oddly enough, a similar thing happened in the same square in 2001. I was with Jason67, one of your co-comms when a somewhat worse for wear local kept coming up to the tables in the square where all the reds were having a cerveza and was generally causing a nuisance of himself (not saying that’s the same with this fella). Anyway, eventually someone (not with us) snapped, picked him up and dunked him in the fountain. At which point one of our group, Gus, goes “That’s a bit unnecessary”, which resulted in him being verbally abused by the fountain dunker’s mate along the lines of “F@ck off degree boy” ;D (presumably as Gus was wearing glasses!). This made us all laugh, a lot, at Gus’s expense of course (he still gets called ‘degree boy’ to this day). He then accused ST holding, L4 born & bred Gus of not knowing where Anfield was, which only made it even funnier.  We left the fountain dunker and his daft mate to it not long after.  Always get the odd idiot is the point.

I know you can get incidents like this, been to a few away's/finals myself in years gone by. It's more the comments and who they targeted which troubled me. The trouble is though, we'll all complain about how the media behave in situations like this, but if some of our fans are daft enough to behave like this, then what do we expect? It's a great shame for the majority who would have behaved in the way you'd expect, but they will all get tarred with the same brush now. Just stupid.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: May 1, 2019, 04:09:17 pm »

You know that’s not Anfield mate, yeah?

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: May 1, 2019, 04:12:28 pm »
Fuckimg wankerish behaviour and only serves to put the rest of us even moreso under the spotlight with the police later. Knobends and not the first time some of our fans have acted like c*nts in Spain. Away in Madrid another "recent" outing where they've let us down.

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #387 on: May 1, 2019, 05:03:19 pm »

You do know what Ajax fans are like right?  Both opponents wouldn't be much fun

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: May 1, 2019, 05:05:17 pm »
You do know what Ajax fans are like right?  Both opponents wouldn't be much fun
I do but I believe an english team would be worse

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: May 1, 2019, 05:18:28 pm »

Oddly enough, a similar thing happened in the same square in 2001. I was with Jason67......

Yeah it was the same square wasn't it? Maybe even the same fountain? I think the difference is with then and now is social media and the fact people can film everything and post it. When it happened way back, and this is not the the first time something like this has happened, without smartphones it was never made public, but it did go on (RM, do you remember those lads robbing the kiosk in Monaco?).

And another point that has been raised is the self policing... Now that's all well and good and should happen but at 48 (or any age in fact) I'm not going to pull up a group of scals and talk to them about their behaviour as I value my teeth, nose and life. Most of them will be pissed up and probably coked up and there's no way I'm going to take that lot on. Fuck that.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: May 1, 2019, 06:33:56 pm »
Absolute woolfest here.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #391 on: May 1, 2019, 07:06:38 pm »
Yeah it was the same square wasn't it? Maybe even the same fountain? I think the difference is with then and now is social media and the fact people can film everything and post it. When it happened way back, and this is not the the first time something like this has happened, without smartphones it was never made public, but it did go on (RM, do you remember those lads robbing the kiosk in Monaco?).

And another point that has been raised is the self policing... Now that's all well and good and should happen but at 48 (or any age in fact) I'm not going to pull up a group of scals and talk to them about their behaviour as I value my teeth, nose and life. Most of them will be pissed up and probably coked up and there's no way I'm going to take that lot on. Fuck that.

Was going to say the same. And the stupidest part is the videos look like they’re taken by their mates.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: May 1, 2019, 07:37:09 pm »
by that logic the Salah song those dickheads sang in Prague shouldn’t have gotten much coverage, especially as they weren’t physically assaulting people at that time so that incident wasn’t as bad

Online Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: May 1, 2019, 07:53:52 pm »
Read again and you will see I said the racist comment is worthy of the coverage, the point is that is hardly being mentioned compared to the push. Anyway fucked I give a shit now as the game is about to start.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: May 2, 2019, 01:20:40 pm »
Fine getting in the ground and once inside no bother. Apart from having to walk about 10 miles inside. And losing. Falling to bits that stadium.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: May 2, 2019, 02:45:07 pm »
Not far from being Napoli-levels of derelict I thought.
YNWA.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: May 2, 2019, 02:54:35 pm »
Sat with the home fans and there were loads of reds around

Offline RedSue

• Anny Roader
« Reply #397 on: May 2, 2019, 03:30:19 pm »
Fine getting in the ground and once inside no bother. Apart from having to walk about 10 miles inside. And losing. Falling to bits that stadium.

Couldn’t believe what a bad state the stadium is in, loads of chunks of concrete missing!!

Glad no police inside and just stewards but might have been nice to be told no drinks in stand before buying  :butt. Why take bottle tops if you can’t drink inside.

Took that long to get out missed our metro so ended up paying for a taxi  :no why keep you in so long if metro stops running!!

Can’t believe we lost that 3-0

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #398 on: May 2, 2019, 04:50:49 pm »
State of that stadium is a joke, and as for our view! Ridiculously few women's toilets and they took the piss letting everyone buy numerous drinks, taking lids off and then not letting them in anyway. It was fucking boiling and you couldn't have a drink of water?!

On the plus side, thought organisation was great for the number of people, straight in an hour before KO and nice to see sensible policing and stewarding. That walk up and back down though, Jesus!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #399 on: May 2, 2019, 07:27:30 pm »
I agree. I was talking to a guy at work today who went there about 20 years ago and described it as a concrete sh*thole then. Now it's a tired concrete sh*thole! ::)

We had large white smears on the perspex screen in front of - which looked terrible at first with the sun shining at us and reflections bouncing back. Luckily once the sun had gone down and the floodlights were on, it was better - still pretty crap overall with the frames being so broad in between all the screen sections, and then netting on top of that!

I can't remember if it was just netting last time we were there or what, but the crack I noticed in 528 all those years ago has now got much bigger! And there's more rust, bit of concrete missing in places, including on stairs, and rusty handrails - though we both remembered one wobbling back then.

I like the walk up/down; much prefer that to the 12 flights of steps we'll have to climb on Sat!  :-\

And it's made far worse by their idea of a fair price!  :no

And UEFA rate this stadium as 5 star?? Beyond a joke. They should be made to look at ALL aspects of grounds and not just the VIP bits
We are a team of one half.