Author Topic: CL 1st leg: L’pool 0 v Bayern 0  (Read 44089 times)

Offline marto

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CL 1st leg: L’pool v Bayern
« Reply #280 on: February 19, 2019, 10:07:03 pm »
Had plenty of chances to win it, but Salah and Mane shit again in front of goal. Firmino was our most creative and effective player from the front three, yet he was the first to go. Shit subs by Klopp yet again. Grow some balls and take Salah off, ffs.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #281 on: February 19, 2019, 10:07:15 pm »
Might be me projecting it but I feel like our hearts aren't in it (the CL) this season. Worlds away from how we behaved at home last year.

Of course. Prem is our priority

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #282 on: February 19, 2019, 10:07:19 pm »
I'm relaxed, it was a fair result given the slipshod performances of some, and importantly they didn't score so the 2nd leg is very much in our hands.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: February 19, 2019, 10:07:19 pm »
Goes to show how far we've come in such a short space of time that the likes of Bayern Munich and Man City have both come to ours this season and played for a 0-0, and celebrated a 0-0. Then you have the likes of Arsenal and PSG who had a go and we killed them.

Teams are shit scared of us at Anfield. It's good to be back.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #284 on: February 19, 2019, 10:07:25 pm »
We played 2 good teams in the whole of the tournament last year, that probably helped a lot.

I’ll be honest, I’m not sure we’ve ever beaten a good team in Europe.

Even Istanbul lets be fair....good side but ageing AND we didn’t even actually beat them. Probably Celtic in 97, did we win that? Probably the last good side we’ve beat in Europe.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #285 on: February 19, 2019, 10:07:28 pm »
Should never have binned off the FA Cup, these breaks do us more harm than good. Its Karma perhaps.
Spring’s fixture congestion called, it says that your logical fallacy is built on sand, has no empirical evidence to support it and indicates that fresh legs in March and April have always served Klopp very well!!

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: February 19, 2019, 10:07:34 pm »
Quite encouraged by that actually. I'm 100% confident that we'll score in Germany and I think our defence is capable of getting a clean sheet against any team in the world if we're at our best. Confident.

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
  • Talking about The Reds an tha....
« Reply #287 on: February 19, 2019, 10:07:47 pm »
Frustrating - but they are an excellent side who are very clever too.

Gnabry, Kimmich and Hummels are/were superb.

Felt like we were always just not quite at it despite us putting in a big shift - seen it before following these breaks and against a team as good as they are you need to be at sharpest.

Was a proper game though and hopefully sets us up for the vermin at weekend.

As far as this tie goes i think we are probably going to get edged out now, but it is going to be very tight and if we are at our best and can counter well we will be in with a big shout.

I thought we put in a proper shift as a side tonight but lacked the sharpness needed and nous to break a very, very good unit down.

Composure wasn't really there when needed and they had lots of it as a defensive unit.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #288 on: February 19, 2019, 10:07:49 pm »
No Kimmich for them in the 2nd leg either.
Yeah big loss. Hopefully Robben is out too, always causes us bother.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: February 19, 2019, 10:08:03 pm »
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #290 on: February 19, 2019, 10:08:04 pm »
He’s been sick for days!!!

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #291 on: February 19, 2019, 10:08:24 pm »
That's not a shot on target for them in my book.
Who’s it for then?  ;D
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: February 19, 2019, 10:08:32 pm »
Fascinating game. Not an awful result. They're going to have to come at us a lot more at their gaff, so if we ride the first 20 minutes or so I think we can score.

Yeah, thought it was a great to watch between two excellent teams. We could have done better in the box but can't have too many complaints and we played well enough, Bayern too, for what they set out to do. Yeah, it'll be a different game in Germany but still finely poised.

Oh and can we have this ref for Sunday?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: February 19, 2019, 10:08:34 pm »
I thought it was a good result for us. We didn't concede an away goal despite a jerry-built defence.

It's Bayern Munich. I don't care what people say about their 'decline' they are a European giant, just like us. They defended brilliantly, with the pride that comes from that 5 on the shirt sleeve, just as we would do.

We should go to the Allianz at near full strength. I believe we'll beat them, probably on away goals.

But it's Bayern Munich. And we are Liverpool. Giants both.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline moloch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: February 19, 2019, 10:08:46 pm »
Let's see Bayern playing like that at home.. oh wait, they won't and it will open them up. We just need to make sure we take our chances. Not worried the slightest.

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: February 19, 2019, 10:08:49 pm »
Too long a break, abroad training, FA Cup.

I'm one short for a BINGO.

Anybody got one?

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: February 19, 2019, 10:08:52 pm »
Expected it to be largely positive in here then remembered it's RAWK.

We've come through without conceding an away goals with arguably our 4th and 5th choice centre backs. Their first choice rightback is now suspended and it's a case of Mane vs Rafinha. Henderson was fucking boss. Anfield was decent, too. Chin up, fellas. Enjoyed that.  ;D

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: February 19, 2019, 10:09:07 pm »
0-0 at home isn't bad nowadays but it's not great either. Been waiting all season for the attacking football to click and I thought this game might've been the turning point. Second leg will be very difficult given our recent away form in Europe but we're still very much in it.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #298 on: February 19, 2019, 10:09:16 pm »

Anybody got one?

Clyne  8)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #299 on: February 19, 2019, 10:09:23 pm »
Had plenty of chances to win it, but Salah and Mane shit again in front of goal. Firmino was our most creative and effective player from the front three, yet he was the first to go. Shit subs by Klopp yet again. Grow some balls and take Salah off, ffs.

Yes Salah needs to be taken off really.

But Firmino has been ill this week so it is a not really a choice. Bit surprised it wasn't Shaq coming on but instead it was Origi.

Second leg with VVD back should serve up a good game.

Bayern showed their pedigree tonight.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #300 on: February 19, 2019, 10:09:27 pm »
More than likely because Firmino faded due to his illness, no way do you take Salah off. Neither him or Mane were at their best but they weren’t shit either and created a number openings but we lacked composure to take them is all.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: February 19, 2019, 10:09:30 pm »
Proper defending that by Bayern - no parking the bus. They offered little up front so we just need to put away any chances that come our way.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: February 19, 2019, 10:09:30 pm »

Oh and can we have this ref for Sunday?

Fair shout. Standard of reffing in europe is fucking light years above the premier league.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #303 on: February 19, 2019, 10:09:36 pm »
Unfortunate not to get a goal. BM came with a plan and they got their draw.

if the return leg is played at the same pace, it will be some game.

ManU next
Doubters to Believers

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #304 on: February 19, 2019, 10:09:44 pm »
Bayern were brilliant defensively tonight. Absolute unit. Reminded me of our away performances under Rafa.

You know when you've got a bit of a head cold and you're about half a second slower than usual to react to stuff and you're head's just not all there? Looked like most of our players were like that tonight. A LOT of misplaced passes and being caught on the ball a lot.

I do sometimes worry about Klopp's in game management, where tweaks are needed and gaps need to be found. It's one of the only handful of criticisms you can hold against him.

Think the second leg will be interesting but I can definitely see us getting something over there.

On to the Mancs!
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #305 on: February 19, 2019, 10:10:01 pm »
What are you on about? Them not getting a goal could prove crucial we won't be so generously missing chances in that second leg.
I think he's criticising the person who said that this was as bad as Leicester.

Clearly it's nowhere near the same

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: February 19, 2019, 10:10:07 pm »

Even Istanbul lets be fair....good side but ageing AND we didn’t even actually beat them. Probably Celtic in 97, did we win that? Probably the last good side we’ve beat in Europe.

;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #307 on: February 19, 2019, 10:10:16 pm »
That bit of play leading up to where Firmino tries to loop it back over Neuer was fantastic.

We had our spells tonight, I think Klopp will be really pleased overall obviously apart from we don't take a lead to Germany.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: February 19, 2019, 10:10:24 pm »

Anybody got one?

Clyne, No Plan B and Shaquiri is what I had on my cards.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #309 on: February 19, 2019, 10:10:31 pm »
Genuinely, there’s a total loss of perspective from some and an inability to comprehend that some opponents are very bloody good.

I have to agree with you there. I thought Bayern were absolutely superb. That was a masterclass in doing exactly what you need to do in a European away to a top quality side.
They knew what they had to do, and they did it extremely well. We huffed and puffed but never genuinely looked like we'd breakthrough. If we went away to Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus etc and pulled off what Bayern pulled off tonight we'd all be absolutely raving about it.

They came not to concede and to nick one if they possibly could. They'd didn't manage the away goal, but they got everything else perfect. Sometimes you just have to accept it when the opposition are extremely well briefed, come with a plan and execute it to virtual perfection. They never looked to be struggling with us at any point in my opinion.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: February 19, 2019, 10:10:55 pm »

Dortmund 4-3? Man City 3-0? Or by "in Europe" do you mean away from home?
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #311 on: February 19, 2019, 10:11:03 pm »
0-0 at home isn't bad nowadays but it's not great either. Been waiting all season for the attacking football to click and I thought this game might've been the turning point. Second leg will be very difficult given our recent away form in Europe but we're still very much in it.

Their first choice right back is suspended too. The difference being we have no one to do the job of a right back. If we put Henderson there and judging by his performance in centre midfield tonight, it will be a huge loss. Fabinho at right back then.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: February 19, 2019, 10:11:05 pm »
People are comparing this to last year when we thrashed everybody in the first leg.
0-0 is not great but is hardly a disaster.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #313 on: February 19, 2019, 10:11:05 pm »
Fair fucks to Fabinho though. That's a footballer right there.
And he'll be in midfield for the second leg.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: February 19, 2019, 10:11:10 pm »
Did I hear that Bayerns last 6 games or so at home both teams have scored ?  That suggests they concede when they have to be a little more open. I'll take that tonight to be honest.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: February 19, 2019, 10:11:13 pm »
Bayern were brilliant defensively tonight. Absolute unit. Reminded me of our away performances under Rafa.

You know when you've got a bit of a head cold and you're about half a second slower than usual to react to stuff and you're head's just not all there? Looked like most of our players were like that tonight. A LOT of misplaced passes and being caught on the ball a lot.

I do sometimes worry about Klopp's in game management, where tweaks are needed and gaps need to be found. It's one of the only handful of criticisms you can hold against him.

Think the second leg will be interesting but I can definitely see us getting something over there.

On to the Mancs!

Klopp's still hamstrung in that our options off the bench are still not nearly as good as what's starting games. When you're chasing a goal it's not easy to decide in favour of Origi over Firmino or Shaqiri ahead of Mane/Salah/midfielder etc.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #316 on: February 19, 2019, 10:11:15 pm »
I’m pretty happy with that to be honest.
Before the game I feared we might ship a couple without VVD but a clean sheet is great.
Just like in 1981 I think we’ll get a 1-1 and go through
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #317 on: February 19, 2019, 10:11:34 pm »
The one Alisson touched around for a corner.
Don't think it was actually on target

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: February 19, 2019, 10:11:37 pm »

Anybody got one?

Just waiting on Clyne

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #319 on: February 19, 2019, 10:11:37 pm »

Anybody got one?

Aye - too few rightbacks (should never have let him go y'know). House!!  ::)