Author Topic: CL 1st leg: L’pool 0 v Bayern 0  (Read 43971 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: CL 1st leg: L’pool v Bayern
« Reply #240 on: February 19, 2019, 10:02:56 pm »
Fucking hell. Bayern Munich in the last 16 of the champions league.

What are you on about? Them not getting a goal could prove crucial we won't be so generously missing chances in that second leg.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #241 on: February 19, 2019, 10:02:56 pm »
That was a pretty disjointed attacking performance. No cohesion between the 3 attackers, Salah having a mare to be honest, nothing of note from Trent or Robbo. Bobby's hold up play was exceptional, but Sadio should be doing better with his half-chances, and only one save from Neuer told a lot.

Apart from the first 20 mins, I wasn't impressed with Bayern at all. Defended in numbers, nothing of note in attack. They can be got at with a bit more patience and a lot more quality over there. Our away performances in Europe this season have been dire, but play like we did last season there and the tie is for the taking.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: February 19, 2019, 10:02:58 pm »
One shot on target from them. Shows how much Kovac respected us and feared our counter.

When was that? I can't remember a single one. Google saying zero too.

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: February 19, 2019, 10:03:12 pm »
Salah was poor  & predictable was surprised that klopp didn't put him upfront when firmino got subbed.Robbo was playing with the heart & not in the mind,Gnabry got past him a couple of times. Mane was absent minded or whatever you may call it but was anonymous in the second half.Klopp needs to be flexible in his tactics.

Offline scouser14

• Anny Roader
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #244 on: February 19, 2019, 10:03:13 pm »
They nullified us by playing a very disciplined defensive game with barely an effort on goal... let's see if they can nullify us when they're forced to attack us at home... I don't think they can.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #245 on: February 19, 2019, 10:03:20 pm »
Their passing ability out from the back with Neuer is probably only matched by Ederson and City, interesting how they'll drop one of Hummels / Sule deep enough that they're sometimes behind the ball and still manage to find a free player when pressed.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #246 on: February 19, 2019, 10:03:24 pm »
If we put in that away performance, I’d be happy. Thought it was v professional from Bayern and thought they were very comfortable playing out from the back, away from home aswell

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: February 19, 2019, 10:03:31 pm »
Not on our game, but great to see our slapped together center defense do really well. Just a touch away from a few goals.

As long as we up our away leg performance from the rest of this year, that's a great result for us. Klopp will have them ready!

Just repeating 81.  ;)
81, exactly.
Breitner said we were crap.
Dalglish substituted during the kick-around.
Howard Gayle was stunning.
Ray Kennedy's goal.
A proper Liverpool European performance, we bosses them 1-1.

No worries now.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: February 19, 2019, 10:03:33 pm »
Hats off to Bayern for doing a brilliant defensive job. Not too many teams this year have made us look blunt up front. And not a total disaster from us either, we had the better of it, controlling the game against one of the biggest teams in the world.

Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #249 on: February 19, 2019, 10:03:34 pm »
If you are setting up a team in the CL to play at Anfield you’re going to use last season as your guide. This Bayern performance was a direct result of us undressing top sides last season.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #250 on: February 19, 2019, 10:03:36 pm »

The one Alisson touched around for a corner.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: February 19, 2019, 10:03:37 pm »
People should realise that we played a top European side who completely changed the way they play to cope with us. Their full backs are absolutely mustard going forward and basically stopped doing so. They came to contain and nick a goal and yes they did that brilliantly, but at home they will have to attack and that is just what we would want. European football at this level is incredibly tactical and I would say we have as good a chance as them of going through. Disappointed not to have won, but we are back in European terms and top teams know it.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #252 on: February 19, 2019, 10:03:38 pm »
Matips attempt at an og.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: February 19, 2019, 10:03:46 pm »
They came here to play for a nil-nil. Losers. Lets twat them at theirs.
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #254 on: February 19, 2019, 10:03:51 pm »
Should never have binned off the FA Cup, these breaks do us more harm than good. Its Karma perhaps.

How exactly did we bin off the FA Cup? We got beaten by a good side who are currently still in it whiles the likes of Spurs, City and United got much easier games.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: February 19, 2019, 10:03:53 pm »
Just a quick handful of reminders:

- You don't fucking lace everyone by 3 clear goals plus in the first leg of the champions league knockouts every single year.
- They have to come at us next leg, when we'll have VVD and our fullbacks pushing on a lot more.
- We can afford to draw at their place, they can't.
- Up the fucking reds.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: February 19, 2019, 10:03:59 pm »
Not a bad result at all. Bayern know we can hurt them over there and that could condition their game. You need to to score away if you play the first leg away.  Excellent Fabinho and Hendo. 

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: February 19, 2019, 10:04:12 pm »
Might be me projecting it but I feel like our hearts aren't in it (the CL) this season. Worlds away from how we behaved at home last year.

We played 2 good teams in the whole of the tournament last year, that probably helped a lot.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #258 on: February 19, 2019, 10:04:25 pm »
Might be me projecting it but I feel like our hearts aren't in it (the CL) this season. Worlds away from how we behaved at home last year.
Last season we played a mixture of poor sides in the group stage and teams that attacked us in the knockouts. The Porto game was a dead rubber, City left space which exploited ruthlessly and Roma played what can only be described as suicide football. I figured we were capable of getting a few tonight but should also have realised that Bayern is a seasoned CL campaigner. They didnt leave much space; although our decision making and final ball were poor. Last season's opponents either were not good enough to get a 0-0 or played a more attacking way.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: February 19, 2019, 10:04:31 pm »
Bayern were so streetwise tonight,worth remembering we didn't beat any team in the CL last year with any recent pedigree in the competition.

Yeah we're shit. 
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #260 on: February 19, 2019, 10:04:45 pm »
Yup, probably why City play strong teams in every game, maintains the rhythm, keeps everyone fresh.

Night all  :wave

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: February 19, 2019, 10:05:03 pm »
What are you on about? Them not getting a goal could prove crucial we won't be so generously missing chances in that second leg.

Have you seen what I was replying to?
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: February 19, 2019, 10:05:14 pm »
I found it baffling how people though they were crap before the match. They struggled earlier in the year, but they've improved recently, and they aren't mugs in terms of quality.

However we should be getting through if we can play better than tonight in terms of finishing our chances. They'll have to attack us, and we'll have Van Dijk back in the 2nd leg. They'll also miss Kimmich who is a very good fullback.

The moaning is perplexing.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #263 on: February 19, 2019, 10:05:14 pm »
Should never have binned off the FA Cup, these breaks do us more harm than good. Its Karma perhaps.

How have Spurs done since they went out?

Spurs
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #264 on: February 19, 2019, 10:05:14 pm »
Their passing ability out from the back with Neuer is probably only matched by Ederson and City, interesting how they'll drop one of Hummels / Sule deep enough that they're sometimes behind the ball and still manage to find a free player when pressed.
Two very good defenders but both lack pace. You’d imagine they’ll play a higher line at home. Hopefully we capitalise.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: February 19, 2019, 10:05:18 pm »
How exactly did we bin off the FA Cup? We got beaten by a good side who are currently still in it whiles the likes of Spurs, City and United got much easier games.

What are you on mate? The FA? The better team won that night.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #266 on: February 19, 2019, 10:05:28 pm »
Just a quick handful of reminders:

- You don't fucking lace everyone by 3 clear goals plus in the first leg of the champions league knockouts every single year.
- They have to come at us next leg, when we'll have VVD and our fullbacks pushing on a lot more.
- We can afford to draw at their place, they can't.
- Up the fucking reds.

- No Kimmich for them too, arguably their best defender today.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: February 19, 2019, 10:05:29 pm »
Fair fucks to Fabinho though. That's a footballer right there.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: February 19, 2019, 10:05:31 pm »
Two very good defenders but both lack pace. You’d imagine they’ll play a higher line at home. Hopefully we capitalise.

No Kimmich for them in the 2nd leg either.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: February 19, 2019, 10:05:33 pm »
Obviously scoring at home would have been ideal. Created more and therefore missed more opportunities than Bayern. Considering the players we had missing and their ability to score goals I'll take this as a decent result.

A win or score-draw will see us through with some of our players back/match fit. They'll miss Kimmich for the 2nd leg.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #270 on: February 19, 2019, 10:05:50 pm »
Mixed bag that.

Probably should have punished for how poorly we played out of the back, but I thought we were more dangerous in Bayern's box.

I thought our passing needed work, a bit too slow and much more direct than we would like.  The times when we were most dangerous involved quick up back and through.  Gini was pretty good if he could just get out of Mo's way in the box.  Henderson played well for the most part as well.  Mane as a playmaker struggles at times as well (he could have played in Origi late and Robertson to the baseline early).

On the other hand, we showed a clean sheet without VVD, had a number of dangerous opportunities and 1/2 away goals should seal the deal.  I think it will be hard for Bayern at home to sacrifice that much in their attacking half --- hopefully making our counter a big quicker and more effective in the second leg.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 10:07:59 pm by your worst happily. »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: February 19, 2019, 10:05:54 pm »
Matips attempt at an og.
That's not a shot on target for them in my book.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #272 on: February 19, 2019, 10:06:02 pm »

We payed well though?!

Seriously what am I missing... this was Bayern Munich not Leicester ... we had plenty of chances (1.8 vs 0.3 xG) ....we had a make shift back 4 with our 4th and 5th choice centre backs and they've barely had a shot
and we go through with a score draw....

Don't quite get why people are down about it if I'm honest ... Rafa would be turning in his ... um ... sleep ... he'd have loved this

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: February 19, 2019, 10:06:17 pm »
First half was excellent, but it died second half.

We missed Fabinho in midfield, Gini doesn’t look 100% fit.  The black Gascoigne (TM) looked excellent but tired.

Another 10 day break, and we look a little rusty once again
Think we need cold weather training rather than hot, have we ever played well after one of these trips?

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: February 19, 2019, 10:06:22 pm »

Yes that's it. All cleared up now, bin off the second leg or ask if we can replay against wolves whilst it's still not too late.

Offline SimplyRed91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: February 19, 2019, 10:06:23 pm »
I never understand people moaning about a 0-0 at home when away goals count. Huge chance for us to go through now only needing a score draw at the Allianz. Could’ve won the game in the first half if we took our chances but I’m pretty happy with a 0-0.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #276 on: February 19, 2019, 10:06:33 pm »
Well I dunno about you lads but I’m taking that all day
Yep.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: February 19, 2019, 10:06:44 pm »
We payed well though?!

Seriously what am I missing... this was Bayern Munich not Leicester ... we had plenty of chances (1.8 vs 0.3 xG) ....we had a make shift back 4 with our 4th and 5th choice centre backs and they've barely had a shot
and we go through with a score draw....

Don't quite get why people are down about it if I'm honest

Id have taken 0-0 before the start with zero injuries to be honest.

We're deffo still favs to progress.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #278 on: February 19, 2019, 10:06:55 pm »
I hope I never see us go so long again without a competitive game - that’s twice this season and both occasions we were as rusty as fuck on our return.

But, but this squad can't cope with having to play FA Cup football as well...

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: February 19, 2019, 10:07:00 pm »
I think Niko Kovac will set up with something similar in the second leg. He's pragmatic enough to do that. Brilliant that from Bayern.

But we've got to give ourselves credit with the team defending. Didn't give them a sniff second half. Lewandowski was totally nullified with three of our first choice CB's out. I thought that was actually the more suprising result to be honest.