Author Topic: CL 1st leg: L’pool 0 v Bayern 0  (Read 43973 times)

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: CL 1st leg: L’pool v Bayern
« Reply #360 on: February 19, 2019, 10:17:04 pm »
Didn't see anything to fear there tonight. Think we'll win handy enough in the 2nd leg 3-1
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: February 19, 2019, 10:17:22 pm »
Nah shite

Barca, Juve, Real shite. Porto shite. Roma shite. PSG shite. Inter shite.

We got to the CL Final because we played shite (not because we broke records for goals etc, destroyed the PL runaway champions, destroyed aroma, destroyed Porto, destroyed others). It’s cos we only played two good teams and one of them was in the final. So really we only beat one good team and they didn’t even try.

Look how arsed you are by a comment saying other than Man City and Real Madrid, the teams we faced last year weren't very good, nobody mentioned any other champions league season did they so why are you talking about Barca, Juve, and Real?

You're just sat arguing with yourself about things nobody said, so so weird.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #362 on: February 19, 2019, 10:18:15 pm »
I'm surprised Shaqiri didn't come on. Origi could have been replaced with a training cone and you wouldn't have noticed, that was a poor sub.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #363 on: February 19, 2019, 10:18:40 pm »
Flukes. Let's be honest, we've fluked all our European Cups.

Not all of them. Just the ones we've won so far. Geez, I'm confused myself now. I can't get the hang of this not liking the team you support thing...  :odd

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: February 19, 2019, 10:18:43 pm »
No way we're Bayern going to be a walk over.

Seasoned CL teams like Bayern are experienced on getting through.

Same team in Munich for me with Fabinho dropping to the bench for VVD.

Good warm up for Sunday as utd won't offer that at the back or be tactically astute to smother it.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #365 on: February 19, 2019, 10:19:16 pm »
Thought we were clearly the better side and should be favourites to go through. Obviously anything can happen in one game, especially with the talent they have, but yeah, should go through

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: February 19, 2019, 10:19:20 pm »
Fancy us to score over there to be honest. No doubt they will be looking to put us under pressure from the off but the counter attacking game will suit us down to the ground.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: February 19, 2019, 10:19:31 pm »
positive that we didn’t concede and coincidently their best chance fell to Matip, whole luckily hit it straight at our goalie.

It felt like the players were working their way back into a game after a long period of not playing competitively, and it showed.

I think we weren’t quite there, something just missing with each attack and it was all a bit of a struggle attacking wise.

I doth my hat to Bayern in how they played, it wasn’t all negative defensive, but when they were called upon to defend, then they did that very well. Their goalie, the master sweeper keeper and the confidence in what he does... love it!

I think come the second leg though there will be a difference though. We will have had a bit more momentum and Bayern at home won’t be as defensively minded as they will be expected to attack.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: CL 1st leg: L’pool 0 v Bayern 0
« Reply #368 on: February 19, 2019, 10:19:33 pm »
Not worried - would have been more worried if we had won 2-1

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: February 19, 2019, 10:19:35 pm »
Not the best performance, but I reckon we can go to Munich and win. They'll be without Kimmich and we'll have Virg back. Plus Trent should have a few more games in his legs.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #370 on: February 19, 2019, 10:19:41 pm »
wow, people are really blaming a 4 day training camp in Spain for a 0-0 vs Bayern Munich?  ;D

I'll take it. Clean sheet, Lewa a non factor. Bayern spending all the 2nd half time wasting speaks it's own story.

Some where far to confident going into this, all the talk of smashing them, like they where some poor team.  Of course, the people that mattered didn't take them lightly.

Hendo was amzing first half, Fab did a really good job. Both our full-backs where sloppy, and our forwards didn't have their sighters fixed in tonight.

DN were you surprised they didn't try harder to score an away goal, that could prove to be the difference as they will have to attack us at their place.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #371 on: February 19, 2019, 10:19:48 pm »
Look how arsed you are by a comment saying other than Man City and Real Madrid, the teams we faced last year weren't very good, nobody mentioned any other champions league season did they so why are you talking about Barca, Juve, and Real?

Real Madrid and Man City?!

Fuck I thought you meant Maribor and Hoffenheim. Well that’s four good teams we played then, no wonder we didn’t win it!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #372 on: February 19, 2019, 10:19:49 pm »

I think you maybe are getting a bit hooked here?!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: February 19, 2019, 10:19:59 pm »

And last seasons CL run is relevant tonight because ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: February 19, 2019, 10:20:00 pm »
No way we're Bayern going to be a walk over.

Seasoned CL teams like Bayern are experienced on getting through.

Same team in Munich for me with Fabinho dropping to the bench for VVD.

Good warm up for Sunday as utd won't offer that at the back or be tactically astute to smother it.

Fabinho should be starting every single match until his legs are ready to fall off.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #375 on: February 19, 2019, 10:20:52 pm »
That second half was brutal. It was more toothless than against Leicester at least the conditions could take some of the blame but not tonight. People praising Bayern's defending the gaps were there they were wide open when we transitioned but the poor performances and lack of quality from Trent, Robbo, Mane and Salah meant we couldnt exploit this. We have to really ride out this wobble in form and start firing again soon. The second halfs against Leicester, West Ham and now Bayern are a real cause for concern coming off these breaks abroad. I put this down to a false equivalency on fans blaming the breaks for the lack of rythym and sharpness but i dont know it happens again tonight and there might be something to it. We have looked so mentally tired in the second half of these games and the breaks were seen as an ideal time to mentally refresh. It hasnt worked. The fucking viruses and injuries havent helped as well.
PARKLIFE!

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: February 19, 2019, 10:21:28 pm »
Upside - we are still in this, no away goal for Bayern. It's a massive sign of how far we have come over the last 18 months that we are disappointed not to beat one of the very best and most successful teams in europe.

Upside 2 - makeshift central defence surprisingly kept a clean sheet against seriousy top class opposition

Downside - Keita, as ever so far, had absolutely no meaningful impact on the game yet again. It's easy to see the promise but forget what the hipsters say he's really not delivered consistently throughout a single game once this season . Yet. I'm confident he'll come good eventually. The constant praise for very average perfomances is becoming slightly tiresome though. Yes we all want him to succeed but, come on, he's been really disappointing so far considering his obvious talent.

Downside 2 - Mane tried hard, Salah and Firmino were both disappointing on the night. None of them seem to be attacking with the same verve and excitement of last season.

Bonus upside - that Bayern team are a top quality side but I still think we are in with a really good chance of qualifying. I'm still optimistic we can do them in the second leg.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: February 19, 2019, 10:21:33 pm »
There has not been enough praise for the defence I thought we did really well. There were a few uncomfortable moments but overall they coped well. We still have every chance going into the second leg which is the most important thing.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #378 on: February 19, 2019, 10:21:36 pm »
DN were you surprised they didn't try harder to score an away goal, that could prove to be the difference as they will have to attack us at their place.

I dunno, I think they just where a bit wary of what might happen, and happy to take what they got! They showed no ambition, I guess LFC can take that as a compliment, but Bayern played a fantastic away European game all the same. 

They will have every confidencce in themselves to score and win at home. 

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #379 on: February 19, 2019, 10:21:42 pm »

Fabinho should be starting every single match until his legs are ready to fall off.

Agreed. Fabinho should replace Keita in midfield. We need his experience. Keita is improving with every game but he still seems a little too raw to be starting against Bayern away.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: February 19, 2019, 10:21:47 pm »
Weren't great tonight, but I'd still fancy us in the second leg. Keeping a clean sheet was massive for us, can't see us not scoring in Germany.

Not impressed with Bayern, offered nothing going forward, and if we play better over there and stretch them more than we did tonight, we'll create good chances. I can't see them putting 2 or 3 past us with VVD back, which they will probably need to do.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: February 19, 2019, 10:21:49 pm »
Real Madrid and Man City?!

Fuck I thought you meant Maribor and Hoffenheim. Well that’s four good teams we played then, no wonder we didn’t win it!

No, I meant Real Madrid and Man City, in the 17/18 champions league campaign, please don't confuse the 17/18 champions league season with the history of LFC in europe, it might give you a heart attack

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: February 19, 2019, 10:22:07 pm »
Still in it with a good chance.  Van Dijk coming back in plus Fabinho in midfield will get us 10 meters up the pitch. Let's see how Bayern react to that. Wasn't too happy with the decision making from the front three or the constant cross field passing particularly as Bayern showed that they could handle those with ease. We could have won that if Mane was more composed and was a better decision maker.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #383 on: February 19, 2019, 10:22:42 pm »
Barca fans must be fuming too - imagine not scoring against Lyon....

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: February 19, 2019, 10:23:10 pm »
Bayern Munich are fucking shite.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: February 19, 2019, 10:23:30 pm »
There has not been enough praise for the defence I thought we did really well. There were a few uncomfortable moments but overall they coped well. We still have every chance going into the second leg which is the most important thing.

I thought Trent looked understandably rusty, with the other three performing pretty well.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #386 on: February 19, 2019, 10:23:56 pm »
No, I meant Real Madrid and Man City, in the 17/18 champions league campaign, please don't confuse the 17/18 champions league season with the history of LFC in europe, it might give you a heart attack

Honestly, I'd quit while you're behind at this stage if I were you  ;)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: February 19, 2019, 10:24:08 pm »
Barca fans must be fuming too - imagine not scoring against Lyon....

At least they could bring Coutinho off the bench though
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: February 19, 2019, 10:24:12 pm »

We played the best teams in the CL that season didn't we & why does it even matter what we did last year ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: February 19, 2019, 10:24:18 pm »
Hard to believe that neither of these Champions League games had any goals in them tonight.  ;D

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #390 on: February 19, 2019, 10:24:24 pm »
Built on the same nonsense that an early exit from the FA Cup is beneficial then
The FA Cup had little bearing on tonight’s result. Bringing it up is just some tired correlation crapshoot that fans love in order to build an ABC narrative that’s easy to use.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #391 on: February 19, 2019, 10:25:29 pm »
Commentators wer awful. We were alright, feeling decent about the second leg, me.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: February 19, 2019, 10:25:45 pm »
We payed well though?!

Seriously what am I missing... this was Bayern Munich not Leicester ... we had plenty of chances (1.8 vs 0.3 xG) ....we had a make shift back 4 with our 4th and 5th choice centre backs and they've barely had a shot
and we go through with a score draw....

Don't quite get why people are down about it if I'm honest ... Rafa would be turning in his ... um ... sleep ... he'd have loved this
Yeah, but, yeah,but, Liverpool don't have a history of great controlled results away in Europe.  :butt

My opinion is that from the word go we were very concerned NOT to blast forward. If the opportunity had come, I think we might have stepped up but personally, from the beginning, I thought we were playing this as 2 legs rather than 30 minutes Anfield high-intensity.
I also thought we were the better team most of the game, but that were not willing to over-commit.
So, all in all, a mature performance.

And Rafa would have loved it, you're right.
In fact, I bet he did tonight too.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: February 19, 2019, 10:26:07 pm »

Yeah, couple of errors from everyone (except Fabinho :)) but overall, with a midfielder and our 3rd/4th choice centre back in there, we were fine. Ably helped by the midfielders, though all of them and Henderson in particular were very good at supporting them. Shame we didn't score but thought we looked good, don't get the complaints and comparisons to Leicester/West Ham but I don't most of the time (didn't get the comparison Man Utd's performance last week in Europe either in the commentary, bizarre thing to say).
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: February 19, 2019, 10:26:14 pm »
I thought Trent looked understandably rusty, with the other three performing pretty well.

I thought he looked good, Salah didn't offer him much further forward, for a first game back up against Coman, a cleansheet isnt the worst thing in the world to have.

Honestly, I'd quit while you're behind at this stage if I were you  ;)

You said night all about 20 mins ago fella

Online Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #395 on: February 19, 2019, 10:27:03 pm »
Didn't see anything to fear there tonight. Think we'll win handy enough in the 2nd leg 3-1

They'll be a different proposition in an attacking sense. But that may play well into our hands. Got to do better when we get the ball in the final 3rd next time though.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: February 19, 2019, 10:27:06 pm »
The FA Cup had little bearing on tonight’s result. Bringing it up is just some tired correlation crapshoot that fans love in order to build an ABC narrative that’s easy to use.

It’s a stone cold guarantee that if we were still in the cup and had that result tonight, the same posters would be questioning why we were putting so stock in the cup.

Whingers gonna whinge

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #397 on: February 19, 2019, 10:27:12 pm »
Not saying they didn't play well in places, but the decision to not get an away goal could prove crucia. It will only be after the second leg will we be able to say it was the right tactics for them. If they fail to beat us than I don't think you could say their tactics were right tonight.
A fair point, of course.

Their plan was obviously to get us back to their place at least level then blitz us there. They executed the first part of the plan superbly well for me. Not pushing for the away goal was risky though, because if we are firing on all cylinders over there then we could get the away goal we need and they'd really have to chase it then, possibly leaving themselves vulnerable at the back.

Despite the fact I thought they were excellent tonight, they still should be quite nervous at their place. Their tactics tonight will only prove ultimately correct so long as they carry out the second part of the plan successfully. The good thing is that we can have a major say in how that turns out. It's still very interesting. We score over there, and who knows...
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #398 on: February 19, 2019, 10:27:24 pm »
Thought it was a brilliant game between two brilliant sides. We were really good, so were they.

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #399 on: February 19, 2019, 10:27:33 pm »

So it's pretty much the same type of bollocks as thinking that playing two or three more extra games is going to see all the other sides dead on their feet by April/May and have us looking fresher than anyone else.