Author Topic: FA Cup 3rd Round - Wolverhampton Wanders v Liverpool FC, 7th Jan 2019 at 19:45  (Read 41332 times)

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Annoyingly Clyne is cup tied for this

Ni he is not he starts for Bournemouth.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Starts 9:35 in..

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LZpZvvjigXE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LZpZvvjigXE</a>
« Last Edit: January 5, 2019, 01:12:30 pm by The Final Third »

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Just shows we could do with another attacking midle type in the squad.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Ni he is not he starts for Bournemouth.

:duh
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
Want to win any available trophy and I don't mind resting players so long as those who do play are absolutely fired up. Sometimes when you see resting like that you find the players that come in are a bit lax or disorganised but so long as that's not the case, we can beat Wolves who will also change the side a bit.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Just shows we could do with another attacking midle type in the squad.

We could always give Curtis Jones a chance.

Or play Shaqiri.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
---------------------------------Mignolet

Hangover------------Lovren--------------VVD---------------Moreno

---------------------------------Fabinho

--------Lallana------------------------------------Keita

-------------------------------Shaq

-------------Origi-------------------------Sturridge

Summit like that?
« Last Edit: January 5, 2019, 01:09:55 pm by Titi Camara »

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Klopp has just confirmed Mignolet is starting and that he has to make changes after the run of games over Christmas.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Klopp has just confirmed Mignolet is starting and that he has to make changes after the run of games over Christmas.
Good stuff. Wholesale changes please.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
It'd be nice if we got a win, just to kickstart our winning ways again, but the priority is getting the squad freshened and rested up.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
---------------------------------Mignolet

Hangover------------Lovren--------------VVD---------------Moreno

---------------------------------Fabinho

--------Lallana------------------------------------Keita

-------------------------------Shaq

-------------Origi-------------------------Sturridge

Summit like that?

I'd go with that.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Given what Klopp has said, I'd go:

Mignolet - Hoever/Fabinho/Lovren/Moreno - Henderson/Keita/Jones - Camacho/Sturridge or Origi/Lallana

If we're making changes then I'm all for getting the youngsters in the team - Camacho and Jones have been training at Melwood for nearly a year, let's see what they can offer.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
This is what I would go with.  Almost a fully changed 11 and put all the kids on the bench. 

Mignolet

Ki Jan .   Lovren .  Fabinho .   Moreno

Milner .  Keita

Lallana . Shaq .  Origi

Sturridge

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
We could always give Curtis Jones a chance.

Or play Shaqiri.

I've no doubt Shaqiri will start, Klopp on Ki-Jana Hoever: “He is one for the future. He is in training and it is a joy to watch him. When the future starts I don’t know.”
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Hey, we cant win the Treble without winning this cup. so the Chosen Ones are just gonna have to win against a full strength Wolves, and then its all good.

Migs

Fabhino or Phillips or Mona Nemmer or Ritchie Partridge or at the way outside the 16 year old but probably Milner       Masterton  Lovren Moreno

Henderson

Shaq  Naby  Adam

Studge  Origi

what, a 4-1-3-2 with 8 changes doesn't seem likely you say  ;D  I think the Mona Nemmer shout is a good one, shes well fit could probably slot in there for an hour or so.

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline AntonisCyprus

• Legacy Fan
  • Cyprus Branch
Hey guys is this a KO game and what happens in the event of a draw!

Thanks
The Cyprus BRANCH RED Fans

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
Hey guys is this a KO game and what happens in the event of a draw!

Thanks

I think they still have replays up to round 4 and have been scrapped from 5th round (which is when extra time and pens come in) - not 100% on this mind  ::) ?
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
I reckon Wolves will make changes for this as well. They have City next and Espirito Santo will want to keep up their good record against the top sides. Maybe not as many changes as us, but still a good 4-5 changes as well.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
Alisson is currently on a plane so probably won't be on the bench. Hope Mo and Virg are with him!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Alisson is currently on a plane so probably won't be on the bench. Hope Mo and Virg are with him!

Brilliant. Said not long ago but I want to see the likes of Salah and co posting pictures of themselves on nice beaches sipping a nice drink this weekend.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
I think this is going to be a stronger team than any of us want or think. Partly because there are squad players who need minutes - Keita, Shaq, Moreno, Sturridge etc... and because of rotation in midfield means we could get away with playing someone like Fabinho or Milner because they haven’t played loads recently. And the lack of options at centre back.

I also think the getting back to winning ways thing might be true for Klopp.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Lovren and/or VVD play with Camacho and Moreno. Keita, Shaq, Sturridge and Origi would play too you would imagine.

I just can’t see how we put out a defence without Lovren and/or VVD.

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed

And Little Andy Shaq......in a white suite.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
Allison and VVD to totally sit this out I'd imagine

Lovren and Fabinho centre halves

Milner will play...can see Hendo too...

a fresh front 3 with the names everyone has mentioned
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
Allison and VVD to totally sit this out I'd imagine

Lovren and Fabinho centre halves

Milner will play...can see Hendo too...

a fresh front 3 with the names everyone has mentioned

I am looking forward to the fume. Linekar and Shearer having to travel down the M6 to Wolverhampton and to see all the big guns not even there. Will be fun.

Hopefully Wolves rotate as well and then the anti foreign Brexit fume will be huge with Gary and Alan.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
Would assume that Moreno, Lallana, Keita, Shaqiri, Sturridge and Origi are nailed on to start. Timing of the Clyne deal seems strange, other than the Warnock fume, in this context as he'd have definitely got a game here. Maybe being cup tied had a part to play.

Like other have said, the midfielders and strikers in the above list seem pretty perfectly suited to a 442 diamond, so expect that with Henderson asked to go again as DM. No clue what we do across the rest of the defence.

Hope we win this, still have a lot of time for the FA Cup. Right to treat it as our third priority though.

Offline Bembo10

• Kemlynite
I think the timing of this cup game is perfect. We are going to need to utilise our squad over the coming months. For the likes of Sturrridge, Llalana and Origi, it’s vital for their fitness and to keep them hungry and made to feel part of the squad. The big guns, front and back should be nowhere near the squad and when we get through our injured players including Ox can target the future rounds for minutes.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Would be excited to.see this Hangover lad along with Camacho and Jones

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool FC@LFC

Alberto Moreno will start Monday's #FACup tie against @Wolves, Jürgen Klopp has confirmed.👇

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
Liverpool FC@LFC

Alberto Moreno will start Monday's #FACup tie against @Wolves, Jürgen Klopp has confirmed.👇

Whoop.

2 down (Robbo and Alisson). Just now need confirmation that Lovren and Markovic start and then we can rule out Salah and Van Dijk.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
Whoop.

2 down (Robbo and Alisson). Just now need confirmation that Lovren and Markovic start and then we can rule out Salah and Van Dijk.

Markovic? Really?

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Markovic? Really?

I'd play the tea lady if it meant our first team is fresh for the 17 cup finals coming up.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
Might see Masterson start at CB. Was training with the first team and made the bench towards the end of last season a few times. He has struggled a little with injuries this year but played the last U23 game so I imagine he has been training with the first team since Gomez and Matip have been injured.

Also, I'd guess that Matip will be ready to play against Palace judging by Klopp's comments in his press conference.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
I'd play the tea lady if it meant our first team is fresh for the 17 cup finals coming up.

I’d play the tea lady over Markovic
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I hope that we play enough 1st team squad players so that any youngsters selected alongside them actually get some benefit from playing in the first team, too often in the past we have made the mistake of throwing all youngsters in at once with the net result that none of them benefit from the experience.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
I hope that we play enough 1st team squad players so that any youngsters selected alongside them actually get some benefit from playing in the first team, too often in the past we have made the mistake of throwing all youngsters in at once with the net result that none of them benefit from the experience.

I think there are also quite a few senior pros who haven't seen much football at all even despite the busy period. We have a relatively less busy stretch for about 4-5 games and then it will get heavy again with the CL (and other cups if we get through this tie). It's important that we do rest a few players and manage their fatigue well, and also keep some important fringe players sharp.

Mignolet, Moreno, Keita, Lallana, Shaq Origi and Sturridge are all short of playing 90 mins consistently, relatively speaking. It would only take an injury or two and we'd be calling them up. We saw exactly what happened when Salah got injured in the CL final. No disrespect to Lallana, but it was a major blow and Lallana had basically no impact on the game. In that situation : Lallana had played about 15 mins against Brighton 2 weeks before, and then 30 mins against Italy 2 months before, and 30 mins against Man Utd about 2 weeks before the Italy game. Thats barely an entire game of competitive football in the 2 months leading to the biggest game of our year - so not surprising that he had virtually no impact on the game and was well off the pace. We can't be in the same situation again. Klopp has to rotate carefully and keep some important fringe players sharp and ready to perform if we need them in the big games. There are opportunities coming up especially with a big month starting with the CL fixture against Bayern. We will need everyone sharp and in top condition if we are to progress.

I’d play the tea lady over Markovic

Heck, I'd play myself over Markovic. We've got Sturridge, Origi, Shaq and Lallana that can all play in the front 3. Theres no reason to need Markovic if we want to rest Salah for instance.

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
Up the Wolves!

No, I haven't taken leave of my senses but the FA cup is now a worthless trinket.  Look at the KO times for the third round for confirmation of this.  Flog it to as many foreign countries as possible and never mind the hard-pushed actual match-goers.  Also look at the swathes of empty seats at all the grounds where such games were played yesterday and you'll see the public's 'interest' in this trophy. 

The winners of the FA cup get a cash prize of £3,000,000.  Each position in the Premier League is worth about the same amount so even middling Premier League sides are not keen on risking injuries in the FA cup depriving them of players who might bring their sides the point or points they need to go from - say - 16th to 15th position and the same prize money that comes with winning the FA cup going with that positional elevation. 

Can we afford to lose VVD or Bobby say due to an injury or strain in a 3rd round game of our least prioritised trophy? 
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
Up the Wolves!

No, I haven't taken leave of my senses but the FA cup is now a worthless trinket. 

Strongly disagree for the following reasons;
1. Losing two games on the bounce would be very bad even if Klopp fielded a completely different 11 for the FAC (therefore not affecting the 'first 11'. Because City, the media, teams we're about to play would smell weakness. City lost to Chelsea and then went on to lose another 2 in 4 games. It would even affect our own fans because nervousness would creep in and that is sort of thing that can filter down to the pitch.

2. The likes of Keita, Sturridge, Origi, even Fabinho, and Shaq need game time to maintain sharpness. This competition is a way of keeping the fringe players and players who are returning from injury fit and engaged. Coming in from the cold is never easy and games keep players sharp. Our entire squad will be needed in the run in. Anyone who thinks the league in the modern age can be won with 11 players is mad.

3. We've won one trophy in 10 years. We need to take every competition (including the League Cup) seriously.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2019, 09:35:47 am by spider-neil »

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
Any talk of Camacho coming in at right back? Would make sense given that he played there a bit in preaseason, but don't have a clue what his injury/loan status is. There was some talk about Sporting, but haven't seen anything in the past few days.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Up the Wolves!

No, I haven't taken leave of my senses but the FA cup is now a worthless trinket.  Look at the KO times for the third round for confirmation of this.  Flog it to as many foreign countries as possible and never mind the hard-pushed actual match-goers.  Also look at the swathes of empty seats at all the grounds where such games were played yesterday and you'll see the public's 'interest' in this trophy. 

The winners of the FA cup get a cash prize of £3,000,000.  Each position in the Premier League is worth about the same amount so even middling Premier League sides are not keen on risking injuries in the FA cup depriving them of players who might bring their sides the point or points they need to go from - say - 16th to 15th position and the same prize money that comes with winning the FA cup going with that positional elevation. 

Can we afford to lose VVD or Bobby say due to an injury or strain in a 3rd round game of our least prioritised trophy?

It is not a worthless trinket
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Strongly disagree for the following reasons;
1. Losing two games on the bounce would be very bad even if Klopp fielded a completely different 11 for the FAC (therefore not affecting the 'first 11'. Because City, the media, teams we're about to play would smell weakness. City lost to Chelsea and then went on to lose another 2 in 4 games. It would even affect our own fans because nervousness would creep in and that is sort of thing that can filter down to the pitch.

2. The likes of Keita, Sturridge, Origi, even Fabinho, and Shaq need game time to maintain sharpness. This competition is a way of keeping the fringe players and players who are returning from injury fit and engaged. Coming in from the cold is never easy and games keep players sharp. Our entire squad will be needed in the run in. Anyone who thinks the league in the modern age can be won with 11 players is mad.

3. We've won one trophy in 10 years. We need to take every competition (including the League Cup) seriously.

I agree losing is not ideal but we have to be sensible here.

This is the best position we have been in the League in years so seeing the likes of big players rested is fine.

The media might go on about for a day or so but it is unlikely the players take much notice.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.