Author Topic: The 2019 Formula One Thread  (Read 142056 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: The 2019 Formula One Thread
« Reply #1720 on: June 30, 2019, 04:54:59 pm »
Why is it taking until 6pm for the officials to announce the result? Some people would have left the circuit by then.  :o
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1721 on: June 30, 2019, 04:59:56 pm »
Why is it taking until 6pm for the officials to announce the result? Some people would have left the circuit by then.  :o
They’re meeting at five and they probably want to give themselves enough time so they reach the correct decision, like in Canada.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline eyescream

• ewes'cream
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1722 on: June 30, 2019, 05:14:05 pm »

Too many Dutch fans were there.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1723 on: June 30, 2019, 05:14:19 pm »

That’s probably what there hoping. I doubt anyone wants to deal with 100,000 angry Dutchmen tearing up the place if Max gets a penalty.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #1724 on: June 30, 2019, 05:18:58 pm »
If i spend the 95p i won on max to win, can the bookies take it back?  ;D
YNWA

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #1725 on: June 30, 2019, 05:19:11 pm »
The most astonishing thing to me is that Verstappen would've passed him anyway by breaking deep into the third corner, so why even risk it?
Linudden.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #1726 on: June 30, 2019, 05:20:23 pm »
If i spend the 95p i won on max to win, can the bookies take it back?  ;D

They can. I live-odds fooled Bet365 on a French game in Corsica in 2012 when they hadn't updated the odds after an equaliser and they stole my money from me when the game ended 1-1 like my bet was. Still pissed and haven't betted since  :butt I outsmarted them and found a loophole and they illegally closed it.
Linudden.

Offline eyescream

• ewes'cream
  • Kopite
« Reply #1727 on: June 30, 2019, 05:32:21 pm »
Found this comparison between what Max did on laps 68 and 69:

https://streamable.com/p1bt2

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1728 on: June 30, 2019, 05:43:46 pm »
They can. I live-odds fooled Bet365 on a French game in Corsica in 2012 when they hadn't updated the odds after an equaliser and they stole my money from me when the game ended 1-1 like my bet was. Still pissed and haven't betted since  :butt I outsmarted them and found a loophole and they illegally closed it.

You didn't outsmart them or find a loophole, you just placed a bet on something that their terms and conditions would never allow...

In horse racing, bookies pay out on both the first past the post and the declared winner. Not sure if it works the same for F1.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1729 on: June 30, 2019, 05:52:22 pm »
You didn't outsmart them or find a loophole, you just placed a bet on something that their terms and conditions would never allow...

In horse racing, bookies pay out on both the first past the post and the declared winner. Not sure if it works the same for F1.

He’s making shitloads out of outsmarting bookies
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1730 on: June 30, 2019, 06:09:01 pm »
How long can it take?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1731 on: June 30, 2019, 06:09:14 pm »

That's not illegal. Bookies reserve the right to correct errors in their odds or their markets.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1732 on: June 30, 2019, 06:44:33 pm »

Completely out of character for you to throw your toys out of the pram!

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1733 on: June 30, 2019, 06:52:08 pm »
No penalty for Verstappen.

Awaiting the inevitable meltdown.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #1734 on: June 30, 2019, 06:52:29 pm »

Completely out of character for you to throw your toys out of the pram!

Aw :) Hugs.

Btw, fuck the maFIA crooks. Jävla fuskande skithögar och korrupta svin. Översätt det bäst ni kan  :no
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 06:54:09 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1735 on: June 30, 2019, 06:53:13 pm »
So yet again, even when Ferrari are the fastest, they still don’t win.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1736 on: June 30, 2019, 06:53:22 pm »
No penalty for Verstappen.

Awaiting the inevitable meltdown.
Took their bloody time...

Is it consistent with Hamilton Rosberg in 2016 though?  Are the rules even the same as then?  Does anyone care?

It didn’t make a difference, no one lost out
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1737 on: June 30, 2019, 06:54:19 pm »
good

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #1738 on: June 30, 2019, 06:55:00 pm »
They might as well write it into the regulations that Ferrari are not allowed to win if:

1) they'll penalize Vettel who did nothing wrong.
2) allow other drivers to run Ferrari drivers off the race track on purpose.

It's so rigged that it's embarassing at this point.
Linudden.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1739 on: June 30, 2019, 06:55:08 pm »
Should not have taken this long to make the right decision but at least they got there in the end.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1740 on: June 30, 2019, 06:57:13 pm »
They might as well write it into the regulations that Ferrari are not allowed to win if:

:D

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #1741 on: June 30, 2019, 06:57:30 pm »
:D

:no

Oh, and Hamilton still finished fifth and is still worse than Senna by a mile and a half.
Linudden.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1742 on: June 30, 2019, 07:01:15 pm »
As a racing fan I don't think that it should have been a penalty, but it makes a mockery of the whole 'the stewards apply the letter of the law' argument that was used to justify Seb's penalty in Canada.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1743 on: June 30, 2019, 07:02:07 pm »

:lmao

Is it consistent with Hamilton Rosberg in 2016 though?  Are the rules even the same as then?  Does anyone care?

It didn’t make a difference, no one lost out

I think it is. As I said in a different post in 2016 Hamilton was clearly in front going into the corner and kept the lead into the corner with it appearing that Rosberg just drove into him rather than trying to turn into the corner. This one they were clearly side by side going into the corner with both on full lock to turn the corner. They were racing, whereas Rosberg was trying to wipe Hamilton out imo

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #1744 on: June 30, 2019, 07:02:09 pm »

Similar but completely different. Max is in the same area as Rosberg but he's making the move, Nico was defending and just didn't turn in. He didnt turn in because he was beaten and he knew it. Max made the move there and was actually turning in to be fair, wouldn't be thrilled if i was charles but thats the way it is
YNWA

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1745 on: June 30, 2019, 07:03:15 pm »
As a racing fan I don't think that it should have been a penalty, but it makes a mockery of the whole 'the stewards apply the letter of the law' argument that was used to justify Seb's penalty in Canada.
Think they just used common sense today  , thought Seb was hard done by as well

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1746 on: June 30, 2019, 07:05:01 pm »
Similar but completely different. Max is in the same area as Rosberg but he's making the move, Nico was defending and just didn't turn in. He didnt turn in because he was beaten and he knew it. Max made the move there and was actually turning in to be fair, wouldn't be thrilled if i was charles but thats the way it is
Yeah I pretty much agree with you.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1747 on: June 30, 2019, 07:18:13 pm »
W

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1748 on: June 30, 2019, 07:26:39 pm »

Pretty much this. They are just forcing themselves into a corner though really. It took them 3 hours to decide this but 5 minutes to decide if Vettel rejoined the track unsafely during the race. Correct me if I'm wrong but there was far less to analyse today than a few weeks back. It was much more cut and dry today, you only had to compare a lap before to see that the line verstappen took the second time round was more aggressive and he realised that he should of ran him out of track the first time round.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1749 on: June 30, 2019, 08:00:41 pm »

Seriously, leave it alone. Your making a tit of yourself.

As for it being rigged... I used to watch WWF when I was a kid, but at about the age of 6 or so I learnt it was rigged, so you know what I did? I stopped watching it, and if you truly believe F1 to be rigged then I suggest you stop watching, and stop doing everyone’s nut in on here when things don’t go Ferrari’s way.

The real reason Ferrari didn’t win today were as they have been for the entire season self inflicted:

1) the leak on Vettel’s car yesterday
2) deciding to start the race on softs and not mediums meaning they couldn’t stay out as long as Max
3) not being ready for Vettel’s pit stop
4) putting Vettel on hard tyres on his second stop, if your going to 2 stop then they should have gone for the mediums, and then softs
5) putting Leclerc on used hard tyres wouldn’t have helped

Regards

A very disappointed Ferrari fan
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1750 on: June 30, 2019, 08:02:13 pm »
They weren’t ready for Vettel die to a radio issue.  Then tyre guy nearly him self run over...

W

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1751 on: June 30, 2019, 08:04:16 pm »
Are the rules still in place about the pit wall giving drivers advice on how to fix faults. Verstappen complained about loss of power and he was told how to reset it.

Offline cress

• Main Stander
« Reply #1752 on: June 30, 2019, 08:27:44 pm »
The main concern for me is the stewards are now being inconsistent. In Canada they had to follow the laws as they were written. Here they decided not to.

A lap earlier Verstappen left enough room in the same corner, yet this time he didn't and the stewards decide there wasn't enough room for both cars in the corner. The evidence from the lap before proves there was enough room. Secondly Verstappen doesn't keep full lock on. He opened the steering up, when continuing with full lock would have given enough room.

I hope they do a lot of changes to the regulations/rules for next year so that these incidents don't become farcical.

Offline cress

• Main Stander
« Reply #1753 on: June 30, 2019, 08:28:34 pm »
Are the rules still in place about the pit wall giving drivers advice on how to fix faults. Verstappen complained about loss of power and he was told how to reset it.
I thought this at the time too as well as with the coaching Max was getting.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1754 on: June 30, 2019, 08:28:43 pm »
Went a couple of years ago... !
W

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1755 on: June 30, 2019, 10:47:03 pm »
Just came in again to see Linudden's reaction to the non-penalty. Leaving not disappointed  ;D
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1756 on: June 30, 2019, 10:48:35 pm »
Just came in again to see Linudden's reaction to the non-penalty. Leaving not disappointed  ;D
hey, there are different opinions..

It was entertaining if nothing else ;D
W

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #1757 on: July 1, 2019, 08:37:56 am »
I still can`t decide if I love Verstappen, whether he has the sort of face you would love to repeatedly punch or a combination of both. Whichever it is, that was an absolutely superb drive and was a worthy winner.

Great to see McLaren starting to building up a head of steam. They really aren`t too far behind the leading 3 teams now.

Roll on Silverstone
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1758 on: July 1, 2019, 09:21:09 am »
tremendous race, absolutely brilliant drive from verstappen

Linudden, no offence mate but jesus have a day off
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1759 on: July 3, 2019, 10:14:26 am »
Pat Fry has been out on gardening leave at McLaren, seems set to go to Williams not they've officailly parted with Paddy Lowe.