Author Topic: Racism in Football  (Read 152044 times)

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Racism in Football
« Reply #1680 on: July 12, 2021, 11:20:23 am »
One twitter racist has been reported to his employer - nothing to do with twitter but other uses screenshotting and reporting it

He had a good job as well

such a shame eh

Heard on the radio earlier about some ‘marketing exec’ from Manchester who had a personal account under his own name and another one he used to post racist crap.  In some apparent drunken state last night he mistakenly used his personal account to post racist stuff.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #1681 on: July 12, 2021, 11:26:59 am »
The future king of the land getting in on it too this morning: Sickened, unacceptable, abhorrent behaviour etc.

Trouble is, he's done stuff like this:

Now, whilst I'm sure that procession wasn't done with any racist intent, it clearly reinforces the outdated vibe of the white colonial conqueror/saviour being better than the 'black savage'. These people set the tone for rest of the country by their behaviour, and then offer quick condemnations of the actions they've influenced.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1682 on: July 12, 2021, 11:29:07 am »
Heard on the radio earlier about some ‘marketing exec’ from Manchester who had a personal account under his own name and another one he used to post racist crap.  In some apparent drunken state last night he mistakenly used his personal account to post racist stuff.

Might be a different one

the one I Saw was a building manager working for a major Property Management company
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1683 on: July 12, 2021, 11:31:15 am »
I agree with Misty, until we start showing these c*nts faces on posters and shaming them, it will contunue. Drag them out from their cowardly hidey holes and line the fuckers up.

a couple of years ago a couple of trolls were prosecuted and dragged to Court out of their cellars.

An ugly pair of twats with the full menu of phony mitigating circumstances to make sure they didn't get their just desserts.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1684 on: July 12, 2021, 11:31:46 am »
The racist abuse on social media is as shameful as it is predictable. Absolutely pathetic.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1685 on: July 12, 2021, 12:05:16 pm »
Nobody wants to make the tough decisions and do what is necessary therefore you have accept it.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1686 on: July 12, 2021, 12:14:39 pm »
The racist abuse on social media is as shameful as it is predictable. Absolutely pathetic.
It's so easy though, make account > spout loads of racism > get banned > create new account using a VPN > rinse and repeat ad infinitum.

However I don't think that verifying accounts with ID is a good idea either, as there are lots of whistleblower/anti racist/anti government oppression accounts that do great things, and they're (obviously) anonymous, such a system would compromise them, and would just make the Internet more authoritarian and governments or racists wouldn't be held to account either.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #1687 on: July 12, 2021, 12:21:51 pm »
Everybody should have to provide a valid form of ID like a passport to open a social media account. The ISP's need to be held more account and the likes of Google. 

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1688 on: July 12, 2021, 12:29:24 pm »
Where are the hacker groups in exposing these pieces of scum?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1689 on: July 12, 2021, 12:33:20 pm »
It's so easy though, make account > spout loads of racism > get banned > create new account using a VPN > rinse and repeat ad infinitum.

However I don't think that verifying accounts with ID is a good idea either, as there are lots of whistleblower/anti racist/anti government oppression accounts that do great things, and they're (obviously) anonymous, such a system would compromise them, and would just make the Internet more authoritarian and governments or racists wouldn't be held to account either.

So give them a choice. If you're not prepared to verify your account, give others the option to 'only accept verified users' in terms of comments etc. Can't be that difficult, I'm no social media expert but I know the likes of Facebook and Instagram give you the option of only making posts available to friends etc.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1690 on: July 12, 2021, 12:33:45 pm »
I think Zaha coming out against taking the knee really gave more impetus for these people to be more brazen the last few months, especially from the political sphere.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1691 on: July 12, 2021, 12:35:28 pm »
Everybody should have to provide a valid form of ID like a passport to open a social media account. The ISP's need to be held more account and the likes of Google. 

Yeah but what about the situation when we get a dictator in charge etc etc.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1692 on: July 12, 2021, 12:57:02 pm »
Might be a different one

the one I Saw was a building manager working for a major Property Management company

May be same one.  He works for a company called Savills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1693 on: July 12, 2021, 01:00:00 pm »
Yeah but what about the situation when we get a dictator in charge etc etc.
Which is exactly the point I was making

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1694 on: July 12, 2021, 01:00:57 pm »

'Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson and Priti Patel branded 'total hypocrites' over condemnation of racist abuse':-

https://news.sky.com/story/euro-2020-boris-johnson-and-priti-patel-branded-total-hypocrites-over-condemnation-of-racist-abuse-12354144

'‘Unforgivable’: Gareth Southgate on racist abuse of England players':-

www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jul/12/gareth-southgate-racist-abuse-of-england-players-unforgiveable

'Reaction after England suffer Euro 2020 final heartbreak' post-match live blog - www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/57800991

'Abuse of England players condemned - Rashford mural vandalised' blog - www.theguardian.com/football/live/2021/jul/12/euro-2020-reaction-italy-england-final-latest-news
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1695 on: July 12, 2021, 01:05:41 pm »
May be same one.  He works for a company called Savills

yeah thats him
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1696 on: July 12, 2021, 01:07:39 pm »
Whilst the abuse on social media is sadly predictable, it's much worse to see a city abusing one of its own:

Marcus Rashford mural defaced after England Euro 2020 defeat

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-57803161

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1697 on: July 12, 2021, 01:10:59 pm »
GB News host and Blue Labour arsewipe Paul Embery slams the media for reporting on racism

https://twitter.com/PaulEmbery/status/1414550487978942465?s=19
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1698 on: July 12, 2021, 01:12:59 pm »
One twitter racist has been reported to his employer - nothing to do with twitter but other uses screenshotting and reporting it

He had a good job as well

such a shame eh

The most effective way of policing social media.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1699 on: July 12, 2021, 01:13:47 pm »
No racism down here in a country that wiped our first nation people and forced one of our greatest AFL players to retire early.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1700 on: July 12, 2021, 01:14:46 pm »
A "comedian"  called Andrew Lawrence has been caught too. that's his career over whoever he is

people are fucking stupid

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1701 on: July 12, 2021, 01:16:15 pm »
No racism down here in a country that wiped our first nation people and forced one of our greatest AFL players to retire early.

Is 7News a Murdoch enterprise by any chance?

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1702 on: July 12, 2021, 01:19:24 pm »
Is anyone really surprised anymore? The country is run by a massive racist, who has never taken responsibility for his actions and has never ever apologised for any wrongdoing, of which he has shitloads.

The country has never been more divided, it's all thanks to the likes of Patel and Johnson who are evil to the core and genuinely do not give a shit about the average working person. As long as their pockets have money in them, that's all that matters.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1703 on: July 12, 2021, 01:25:26 pm »

I wish I could say I'm surprised, sadly I'm not.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1704 on: July 12, 2021, 01:26:08 pm »
Is 7News a Murdoch enterprise by any chance?

Actually, the major shareholder is a fairly decent media mogul, if there is such a thing named Kerry Stokes.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1705 on: July 12, 2021, 01:30:31 pm »
A "comedian"  called Andrew Lawrence has been caught too. that's his career over whoever he is

people are fucking stupid

horrible little twat that....a bitter failed standup who went full on extreme bigoted whackjob to gain a bit of notoriety and relevance.....very pleasingly, once saw him get seriously fuckin lamped by an Underbelly audience member at the Edinburgh Fringe ...it really should happen to him more often
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1706 on: July 12, 2021, 01:40:28 pm »
Appalling, not surprising and I'd like to say that with a concerted effort by every football fan in the land we could put a stop to it.  Or at least make enough noise and our feelings felt strongly enough for something to change.

My problem with that is I feel it's so engrained amongst so many within the sport, from grass roots to the FA and other authorities, that it's impossible to be taken seriously.

Absolutely sickening what's been allowed to happen in this country 😔

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1707 on: July 12, 2021, 01:43:52 pm »
Paul's just saying the gobshite from savills is pleading the age old "my phone was nicked" so how does that explain 2 different accounts.

Just accept you're a racist fucking shitbag and take the beating you deserve.  Twat!

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1708 on: July 12, 2021, 01:47:13 pm »

I’m definitely not wanting to defend this but I think I saw a screenshot that head an extra headline talking about the racist abuse the players had received. I think that subhead in your screenshot, was giving that some context as opposed to just saying 3 black players missed in a way to blame them.

If I’ve got that wrong then obviously I apologise (and not disagreeing with your wider point).

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1709 on: July 12, 2021, 01:50:16 pm »
I’m definitely not wanting to defend this but I think I saw a screenshot that head an extra headline talking about the racist abuse the players had received. I think that subhead in your screenshot, was giving that some context as opposed to just saying 3 black players missed in a way to blame them.

If I’ve got that wrong then obviously I apologise (and not disagreeing with your wider point).

Ive seen the same - the headline in context makes sense, the main article was about the abuse the 3 of them got

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1710 on: July 12, 2021, 01:53:57 pm »

Ive seen the same - the headline in context makes sense, the main article was about the abuse the 3 of them got

7 News said the post included a “regrettable” error.

“The caption on the post was swiftly rectified as soon as it was identified. We sincerely apologise for the offence the post caused.”

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1711 on: July 12, 2021, 01:54:31 pm »

That’s a good spot, because no doubt they’ll be getting abuse for this now.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1712 on: July 12, 2021, 02:00:21 pm »

Ive no desire to  defend an unknown aussie tv channel - but the article was about the abuse, Aussies, not being experts in "Soccer" would need to know that 3 black players missed pens to understand the backdrop to the story
\

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #1713 on: July 12, 2021, 04:57:59 pm »

That's not the solution. That will compromise the idea of free internet and used by authoritarian governments to track their citizens. Sets a very bad precedent.

Advanced AI filtering that deletes and blocks users who post racist content might be better. We got to demand more from the big tech companies. They basically print money so there is no shortage of resources.
True North Strong

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1714 on: July 12, 2021, 05:14:33 pm »
There's a serious issue with white males in this country at the minute. Vast majority of this shit is from that group- what can be done? It can't all be down to education- parents have to start taking responsibility if their son is basically a racist thug.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1715 on: July 12, 2021, 05:22:50 pm »
Disgusted by the activity of some of these so called fans. Funnily enough as soon as Saka missed it was inevitable those black players were going to get a torrent of abuse

Sick to death of this myth being perpetuated that england isn't that bad or racist, it's an absolute joke and i've been through enough personal experiences and seen enough to know it's a lot more prevelant than people care to admit

If we are talking about online abuse then how do we know it was English fans or even football fans? Anyone in the world can post on, say, Twitter. That doesn't make it any better though but the problem with Twitter is that any asshole can post whatever they want and there's very little comeback if at all. There needs to be some way of verifying who you are or limiting the number of accounts a person has (I guess most of the idiots keep changing their usernames). Twitter is a cesspit of idiots and the company needs to do something instead of hiding behind "freedom" of speech.

The long term fix though is not regulation but education but I'm not sure how to educate people who are that bigoted or dumb to racially abuse anyone. Some of the blame lies within "all" of us for the small things that we probably do but aren't aware of. I do think things are getting better and the link between the older generation is weakening (I'm old btw). 50 years or so ago the world was different and it was "ok" to say certain things.

Oh and it's not just racism that is a problem in society. I live in Ireland and it's amazing at times the amount of hatred towards the "English" which is a systemic thing. Let's not go down that rabbit hole though.

Back to the point.......what small things could I do to make things better?
#JFT97

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1716 on: July 12, 2021, 05:25:46 pm »
People from third world countries will suffer even greater because of this.

That's a bad solution.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #1717 on: July 12, 2021, 05:30:25 pm »
There's a serious issue with white males in this country at the minute.

It's not just in the UK, and it is a far wider issue than in football too. All this incel stuff, the gaming thing from a few years back, and "MGTOW" etc - there's a lot of online radicalisation going on. There's so much anger there.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #1719 on: July 12, 2021, 05:37:23 pm »
If we are talking about online abuse then how do we know it was English fans or even football fans? Anyone in the world can post on, say, Twitter.

I assume the initial movement on a lot of these things is led by bot farms operating out of Russia etc. Just keep spamming the same hate, stoke the existing divisions and sit back and watch your political rival's social cohesiveness crumble. The worse you make it, the easier it is next time, and so on.