Author Topic: PL: Chelsea 1 vs Liverpool 1 ‘25 Hazard ‘88 Humungous D (absolute banger)  (Read 46175 times)

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
Re: PL: Chelsea 1 vs Liverpool 1 ‘25 Hazard ‘88 Humungous D (absolute banger)
« Reply #560 on: September 30, 2018, 08:52:51 am »
Chelsea looked very, very good. It's going to be tight between us, them and City.

I don’t know, I just don’t see where their goals come from over the entire season.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #561 on: September 30, 2018, 08:56:48 am »
What a great game, superb quality and highly entertaining. And for the second time in a week I'm wondering how they've managed to get anything from the game against us. Their goal came out of nothing, a rapid break in which Hazard manoeuvred into the space Trent left, though the culpability might lie more with Milner for not making sure to follow Hazard's run - not that he would've necessarily caught up with the little Belgian. Once he's in the box, he lined up a perfect finish. A player of world class standard in great form is hard to stop.

But over the whole 90 we really didn't give much away. And we created enough to score two. Little moments remain frustrating. Mane trying some mental overhead kick when if he's aware, he can control the ball and lay it off to Robertson, racing in from the left wing. Composure is missing from the front three where it wasn't last season and sometimes you feel the individual is coming before the team. This is entirely natural of strikers, of course, though I refer to Salah and Mane as Firmino is the ultimate team player. Nevertheless, at times it's frustrating. Salah looked really lively playing at a high tempo with sharp movements and holding the ball up well. He was unlucky not to score and even unluckier to be subbed for Shaqiri, who missed a wonderful chance that I couldn't help but feel would've been a moment for Salah that he'd been working towards all game and he was sat on his arse watching Shaq slice it wide. A real shame and for me disappointing that Klopp lost faith in Salah.

Despite their being much clearer chances, the goal that got us a point that was the least we merited came from an extraordinary moment of sheer impertinence from Sturridge - at the home ground of his old club, off the bench and in a position from which you're usually looking to chip a ball into the box. He looked up, lined up his shot and with just the right amount of pace and dip scored laser guided it into the top corner. An amazing goal from a man reborn. Chelsea will feel aggrieved it took that to level the game but it should've taken much less.

They are an excellent side, by the way, and Sarri a heck of a coach. But it's twice we've played them and twice I'm bemused at how we've scored only once. Next time, maybe, we'll get two or three. Or at least stop them scoring. They look like title contenders but we look like title winners.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #562 on: September 30, 2018, 09:00:40 am »
Chelsea looked very, very good. It's going to be tight between us, them and City.
Not so sure/Once there thursday sunday games start licking off every other week they'll start to feel it.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #563 on: September 30, 2018, 09:13:50 am »

They are an excellent side, by the way, and Sarri a heck of a coach. But it's twice we've played them and twice I'm bemused at how we've scored only once. Next time, maybe, we'll get two or three. Or at least stop them scoring. They look like title contenders but we look like title winners.

Especially with a rudiger and luiz CB pairing. Klopp is a fast learner. I am sure he is gonna expose them badly when we thrash them at anfield.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: September 30, 2018, 09:31:22 am »
Good point. You can count me as one of those who was thinking 'don't shoot, don't shoot' moments before screaming the house down...

Excellent post mate, fully agree.

Except for the don't shoot part, always think if anyone can score from there from our team, it's Sturridge, he'll get it wrong sometimes but I'll wager he gets it right more than the average. I mean, if it was Smicer, I'd definitely be screaming don't shoot :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: September 30, 2018, 09:36:01 am »

Looks like Eden did a bit of shopping after the game.

Had three points in the bag but here we see he is having to share them with Danny and the boys.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #566 on: September 30, 2018, 09:49:44 am »
Can't believe how negative some of the press and pundits are towards Salah.
Yes he is not flying like he was towards the end of last year, but he is still tormenting defences and creating problems. Just like last season, missing good chances and growing into the season.

Northcroft in the Times this morning gave him a 4 out of 10 and gave Giroud a 6! The latter did absolutely nothing.
Mind you he gave Gini a 5 and I thought he was excellent.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa hδnderna nδr du δr riktigt glad.
« Reply #567 on: September 30, 2018, 09:55:54 am »
Yes he is not flying like he was towards the end of last year, but he is still tormenting defences and creating problems. Just like last season, missing good chances and growing into the season.

Northcroft in the Times this morning gave him a 4 out of 10 and gave Giroud a 6! The latter did absolutely nothing.

Have to say thank you to Northcroft. It's nice to know that someone knows even less about football than me.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #568 on: September 30, 2018, 09:57:53 am »
Mo was so, so close to having an absolutely stunning game. The way he made the space for a few of his chances, there really aren't many players who can do that. When he stops doing that, I'll worry. For now, over hitting passes slightly and poor finishing really isn't a massive worry at all. It'll come, and when it does someone is getting fucked.

Like next Sunday, for example.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #569 on: September 30, 2018, 10:01:46 am »
Salah has one goal less so far than Hazard had in the whole league season of 15/16. To make a point.

Don`t get me wrong. I really rate Hazard, but this "best player in the world" thing is really getting out of hand. I`d probably say is the second best dribbler in the world(after Messi), and that he has a real high ceiling, but I`d still think he rarely does it over a whole season, defensive coaches or not. Where was he last season? Or the last season under Mourinho? I think he`s probably among the 5 best players in the league. He has had the best start so far. The overall best player (that some people say)though? Why? 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 10:08:54 am by Raaphael »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: September 30, 2018, 10:02:32 am »
Its important the front 3 stay fully challenged. The defence and midfield have all had to raise their levels because of the competition and the only was whether the front three take it easy because they dont have the same level of challenge.

Its good therefore to see the form of Sturridge and Shaqiri. Still would get another in January though. My choice would be Dembele or Mbappe.

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: September 30, 2018, 10:06:43 am »
I think this would have a very different game 2 months later with Keita and Fabinho settled in, as the midfield we played yesterday depends a lot more on physical battles and were outshone technically. In the circumstances it’s a great result. I was thinking this was the kind of game that we missed Coutinho, but if Sturridge and Shaqiri are gonna provide the magic then that’ll do!

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: September 30, 2018, 10:16:04 am »

Duncan Castles (now it makes sense :o) did the ratings, not Northcroft (who is very good IMO)

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: September 30, 2018, 10:16:51 am »
Duncan Castles (now it makes sense :o) did the ratings, not Northcroft (who is very good IMO)

That clears up a lot. What a tool.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #574 on: September 30, 2018, 10:24:23 am »
Salah has one goal less so far than Hazard had in the whole league season of 15/16. To make a point.

Don`t get me wrong. I really rate Hazard, but this "best player in the world" thing is really getting out of hand. I`d probably say is the second best dribbler in the world(after Messi), and that he has a real high ceiling, but I`d still think he rarely does it over a whole season, defensive coaches or not. Where was he last season? Or the last season under Mourinho? I think he`s probably among the 5 best players in the league. He has had the best start so far. The overall best player (that some people say)though? Why?

Knee-jerking based on the early season performances under new manager. He's done it before, but we all know how all that has turned out to be.

Sarri is saying he can score 40 goals, because he knows that Hazard's the only legit source of goals for them and even he has never scored more than 16 goals in the PL so far, so he is trying to get him up as a goalscorer. That means a lot of attacks will end up with him, but if teams start reading him and get him doubled up, then that's him and Chelsea done in the attacking department. Of course, he will still have a few good games, but he has never been an elite goal scorer. They'll score a few set-pieces and corners and Willian will score a worldie now and then, but they're deficient there and will be shown over a good sample size over the season, unless they do something in January.

Their other problem is that they've not faced a single challenging Away game so far, they have a lot of them coming up in the second half of the season, just before the run-in and some in the run-in, so post January and if they go far in the Europa, they will definitely feel the strain and it may get hard results wise. But I think till December/January, they have it to stay in the challenge.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: September 30, 2018, 10:31:38 am »

I always thought Hazard had wasted his career playing for Chelsea - he’s one of the world’s best, has been for years. But playing for defensive managers at club level hes not mentioned in the same way the top attackers are. He will this season - Sarri’s style of football will give him that platform to get into attacking positions more andI think he’ll prove it. Well, he already is with the amount of goals hes scoring this season.  Salah’s world class, Hazard’s world class. They’ll both be top of the PL scoring charts at the end of the season.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: September 30, 2018, 10:34:13 am »
Yeah - I was flabbergasted by those ratings till I checked the by-line.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #577 on: September 30, 2018, 10:36:12 am »
I felt we never really got into gear. Suppose Chelsea made it difficult as well. What a goal from Humongous D, sublime.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #578 on: September 30, 2018, 10:45:58 am »
Salah’s world class, Hazard’s world class. They’ll both be top of the PL scoring charts at the end of the season.

Don't forget the bet Ings has with Salah ;)
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: September 30, 2018, 10:47:04 am »
First 2/3 of the post is good. But the abuse at people you disagree with is unnecessary.

Salah is off-form. It happens. It does not make someone suddenly a bad person to mention it.

Even Klopp has said it. Does that make him a c*nt too?

Klopp has never once disrespected our players in the way SOME posters on here do.

I stand by every word.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #580 on: September 30, 2018, 10:51:16 am »

:shocked :lmao

What a great photo.  Love it.  He looks closer to it in the video clip I've seen.
This is the sort of goal that might, just might be vital when it comes to the points total at the end of the season.

When's the last time we started a season thinking we could be genuine title contenders?  I reckon we need to see where we are after ten games to have seen us against pretty much all type of opponent we expect to face.  The form that Chelsea and City are showing mean there is very little  room for error.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: September 30, 2018, 11:29:43 am »
Its important the front 3 stay fully challenged. The defence and midfield have all had to raise their levels because of the competition and the only was whether the front three take it easy because they dont have the same level of challenge.

Its good therefore to see the form of Sturridge and Shaqiri. Still would get another in January though. My choice would be Dembele or Mbappe.
Hopefully Klopp is booking some trips to Blackpool in the next few months :)

Imagine being top of the league in January and bringing in another top attacking talent to add to what we've got. Fuck yes.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: September 30, 2018, 11:35:26 am »
Haven't looked, but we must have the toughest opening 10 games in the league of all the title/top 4 contenders? Seems like City have had the easiest ride by far thus far. So for us to be to be 2nd on goal difference is really really good, especially since we haven't really kicked in to gear yet.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #583 on: September 30, 2018, 11:37:47 am »
I always thought Hazard had wasted his career playing for Chelsea - he’s one of the world’s best, has been for years. But playing for defensive managers at club level hes not mentioned in the same way the top attackers are. He will this season - Sarri’s style of football will give him that platform to get into attacking positions more andI think he’ll prove it. Well, he already is with the amount of goals hes scoring this season.  Salah’s world class, Hazard’s world class. They’ll both be top of the PL scoring charts at the end of the season.

Probably. We`ll see. Think it`s a little bit overplayed that Hazard has played in defensive systems. I just believe he goes missing too much. Would never imagine a player like Messi scoring 4 league goals in a season no matter how defensive the system was. I have heard comments that says if Hazard played in a more offensive team he would be close to reaching the hights of Messi. I believe that`s bollocks. Messi scored 73 goals in one season a few years ago. He`s scored more than 40 goals a season 9 times. Over 50 goals in five seasons. Over 60 goals in two seasons. There`s nothing Hazard has ever done that is near that level. Or the Ronaldos, Suarezes and Lewandowskis for that matter. As I`ve said. I rate Hazard. And he`s very good, don`t get me wrong, but he`s also very easy on the eye because he`s a good dribbler.

I believe he`s overall a world class player in the top 15 bracket. Among the 5 best in the PL probably. Right now, he has probably started of the season as "the best".   
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 11:42:04 am by Raaphael »

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: September 30, 2018, 11:38:19 am »
Haven't looked, but we must have the toughest opening 10 games in the league of all the title/top 4 contenders? Seems like City have had the easiest ride by far thus far. So for us to be to be 2nd on goal difference is really really good, especially since we haven't really kicked in to gear yet.

Yep we are brilliantly placed considering the fixtures, once we've twatted City next week it's going to be nice to get our turn to feast on the likes of Huddersfield and Cardiff while the others have some tough games.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: September 30, 2018, 11:44:52 am »
The thing that I loved was at 1-0 down with 20 mins to go, we're not phased, we know we've got a goal in us... and I feel like so did their fans.

They were on edge for the last 20, it reminded me of Fergie's Utd to be honest... Especially the last minute goal out of the blue were you always knew they'd pull something out the bag... I was half expecting another quick one to make it 2-1, such is my belief in this team.

On a slightly negative note, I think Mane needs dropping soon, it just messes with the front 3 a little bit too much, as you'd put Salah on the left I guess? Or can Keita play there?

Salah/Mane both poor recently, but least with Salah you can see what he's trying to do, like the Bobby pass in the first half he over hit... With Mane I just see general poor play.

What on earth are you on about!?

He's our top scorer and almost scored from a great individual run that could easily have been a goal if not for a great save by Kepa.  He's also scored overhead kicks before so telling him to look for a open Robertson who's wide and not a goalscorer is plain daft. 

Calling him to be dropped is just plain ridiculous.

Online Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: September 30, 2018, 11:46:04 am »

Guess it's cos he's been around for longer than De Bruyne, and a hell of a lot longer than Salah, and has mostly performed at a very high level during his time in the league. I think right now, this minute, it's reasonable to suggest he's the best in the division, as he has been thus far this season. Who knows how things will look over the course of an entire year though? Think it's fair to say that when he plays well, Chelsea play well, and to have that sort of effect on a team near the top of the table would indicate you're a pretty special player.

Would definitely say he's top three (probably with De Bruyne and Salah, unless Mo's drop off in goalscoring continues over the season - hopefully it doesn't), and has been for a few years now, though I tend to be biased towards dribblers and he's so, so good with the ball at his feet. Maybe the best dribbler I've ever seen in England. Yup, even better than Darren Huckerby.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #587 on: September 30, 2018, 11:51:38 am »
Just imagine what we might have done if the entire left hand side and the whole front line had shown up in the first half and then, the right hand side kept up its level from the first half, in the second. Scary.

We were the better team and we played ok-ish. Scary and annoying in equal measure.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #588 on: September 30, 2018, 11:57:53 am »

Really! Yes it does now all make sense - he is not referenced in the printed version.
That guy is a complete tosser isn't he.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: September 30, 2018, 12:00:45 pm »
Great game of football it has to be said. Thought we played pretty well except for a chunk of the second half where we became really sloppy. We are a bit untidy in the final third. We are missing Oxlade Chamberlain I think or someone from the middle of the park to gamble a bit. When Wijnaldum does it we look super threatening. Thats why I was glad to see Keita come on yesterday but can understand not starting in a game of that intensity. It'll all come though. At the moment we're  a really balanced team. 4 points from Spurs and Chelsea away is already an improvement on last season's similar games. If we can twat City next week it'll be an incredible start to the season.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: September 30, 2018, 12:07:12 pm »
Great game of football it has to be said. Thought we played pretty well except for a chunk of the second half where we became really sloppy. We are a bit untidy in the final third. We are missing Oxlade Chamberlain I think or someone from the middle of the park to gamble a bit. When Wijnaldum does it we look super threatening. Thats why I was glad to see Keita come on yesterday but can understand not starting in a game of that intensity. It'll all come though. At the moment we're  a really balanced team. 4 points from Spurs and Chelsea away is already an improvement on last season's similar games. If we can twat City next week it'll be an incredible start to the season.

City have a poor record at Anfield, I think we'll get at least a draw which wouldn't be a bad result, but it's always good to take points off other title challengers.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: September 30, 2018, 12:08:19 pm »
the more I think about the game the more pleased I am by the result.  We dug deep to get that point and it sends out a powerful message to the rest of the league.

My rule of thumb is 20 points from the first 10 games just to be thinking about making a credible top four challenge.  19 from 7 is an excellent return, and you only have to look at the top five to see already how tight it is.  Lose a game and Spurs win and they're breathing down our necks. 

Amazing that there are still three undefeated teams.  The margin between success and failure will be wafer thin this season.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: September 30, 2018, 12:08:44 pm »
Wasn’t able to watch the game yesterday but kept up to date and watched the highlights. Classy post-match comments from Sarri and Hazard, in contrast to Chelsea’s shitty fanbase who appeared to be chanting “Always the Victims” all game. No doubt that strike from Danny made a few choke on their prawn sandwiches.

Sarris doing a good job but their pretty reliant on Hazard. We win that game if Salah’s firing. Daniel Sturridge though, he’s can do some ridiculous stuff.

First game we’ve really needed Alisson too, he made a couple of decent saves.

That’s us not playing well, and then playing at their best.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 12:11:23 pm by Clint Eastwood »

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: September 30, 2018, 12:11:15 pm »
What on earth are you on about!?

He's our top scorer and almost scored from a great individual run that could easily have been a goal if not for a great save by Kepa.  He's also scored overhead kicks before so telling him to look for a open Robertson who's wide and not a goalscorer is plain daft. [/u]

Calling him to be dropped is just plain ridiculous.

Where the hell did I say anything about passing to Robertson? Why are you going on about overhead kicks? the fuck...Are you quoting the wrong person here or something?

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #594 on: September 30, 2018, 12:14:18 pm »
Great strike from Sturridge we missed a lot of chances but the players kept going and eventually they got their reward.

Offline redboxingyeti

• Main Stander
  • Jurgen Believer
« Reply #596 on: September 30, 2018, 12:15:18 pm »
Having slept and had time to think about it - what a game of football ! A million miles ahead of the turgid dross served up by Maureen and the wankers down the road.

Couple of things for me - Milner and particularly, Hendo, have taken some stick, and agreed, they weren't at their best - but both worked tirelessly. Had Keita been on from the start, we may have had more attacking options, but similarly we may have been a bit open to the counter, so I have no issue with any of the midfield.

Robertson and TAA were at times caught out too far forward - but with the pace of Gomez and VVD, and the mighty Becker, chances were snuffed out - had we had Lovren, Matip and Migs things may have been different (and no offense to any of those 3, but our first choice is just much, much better !).

Chelsea are a very good side, Sarri has them playing well, and Hazard is an obvious star - but we were the better team throughout, would have been a travesty to lose.

The celebrations when Studge scored - view the people off the bench, Migs and Jurgen - really highlights the squad togetherness which can only be a good thing.

Finally - what a goal ! Won't see many better than that all season.

Bring on City! This is gonna be a fun ride this season.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #597 on: September 30, 2018, 12:20:32 pm »
I thought the game was even but we had the better chances but they had their chances too.
Watching the game now. Christ we're good (bar the lack of goals).

This was an excellent game of footy too. Chelsea are fucking well drilled.

I'm so glad we pulled back a point even though we really 'deserved' to take 3.

I also really don't get what people are moaning about - everyone played very very well.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #598 on: September 30, 2018, 12:21:27 pm »
I don’t know, I just don’t see where their goals come from over the entire season.
They won't let many in and will nick enough to win games.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: September 30, 2018, 12:27:02 pm »
Feels like I was watching a totally different game to most of the media crowd, I thought Mo was fantastic yesterday. Didn't have the finishing right obviously but he gave Chelsea all sorts of problems. That one where he played a little one two and chipped the ball to Firmino, a yard of difference and they would be raving about him.
Massive saves from Alisson too its games like this and situation like that where he will make the difference